Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Have You Hawked Before? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Hawked Before? (11747 Views)

Wow:nigerian Who Hawked Mangoes Gets Six Phd Scholarship Offers Abroad,check Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by GodisFirst: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes!
Banana
Groundnuts
Bread
Popcorn
Plantain
Akamu (Pap)
Puff Puff,
Burns
Ice Cream, Ice Water.
Minerals (soft drinks)
Etc.
Did a lot to support Dad Salary and mum's petty biz income and pay our bills. It paid off at last.

Still hawking, but this time Engineering and Tech Skills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by samwillyco1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes now with many products, examples are
Gala, news paper, indomi etc

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by odogwunaija(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
I did hawk ice water(not pure water) back in the days. It sold for one naira per ice water.

Thank God for who and where we are today.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Oppy2k2: 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
I have hawked dry fish, soap bar, pumpkins leave, guava fruits, garri, starch etc.

Thank God for the journey so far

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by freedomchild: 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked satchet water during my primary school days, around 2000 on the streets of Aba, Abia state. I was in primary 4 then till I wrote my first school leaving.
I moved to hawking sliced water melon during my holidays because I was a boarder as a secondary school student. Then I later sold Ghana-must-go back from my SS2 in 2006 till I wrote SSCE in 2008. My younger brother also had his share of the hawking world(satchet water, cooked corn and sliced pine apples).
But today I'm a pharmacist, 30 years and doing well for myself. My younger brother now is a ship navigator moving from one country to another at 29 years. He just passed his licencing exam as a sea man last year. We're now taking care of our siblings and ageing parents.. I'm the first child and the first son of 5 children

To God be the glory

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Omoluabiii(m): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kriss216:
98.7942% of Nigerian girls hawk kpekus on a daily basis.

Another mad Anti Nigerian.
MAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
oscaruzie:
Animegirl is pissed.

if Animegirl is not among the 98.7946% of girls that hawk their coochie because they have nothing else to offer,

then Animegirl should just look away.

If Animegirl is among the numbers,

then Animegirl has every right to be pissed.

Same goes for Simran94.

Suck on this.
Same way your mother hawked hers right because she had nothing else to offer?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Dmeji4444(m): 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
I didnt hawk but my mum was a food vendor, so mine was fetching of water, walai I fetch water sotey, one babe wey dey my class in SS2 then dey always see me carry water for my head enter market come tell guys for class say I dey fetch water dey sell for market.
E pain me ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by crismark(m): 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
Animegirl:

Your hate and demeaning words against Nigeria girls won't make you a better man. You just an empty vessel ranting about women here. You're nothing but a shiiiit. grin
But he is telling the truth
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by osaeti(f): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
That year, I hawk groundnut ooo dat yr dat yr
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Allisgud: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
Supreme145:
After my secondary school, sold ice cream. Funny enough I didn't even know how to ride a bicycle so I trekked around dragging my long John bicycle around.

As a lover of ice cream I would end up licking my supposed profit for the day, once sun hammer me, I go just jeje pack under a tree and lick like 3 packs and continue my waka.

I went from 75kg to 52kg within two weeks, hawking na your mate?
Dem don carry banana give to hawk grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Allisgud: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
Allisgud:
Dem don carry banana give to hawk grin grin
Dem don carry banana give monkey to hawk grin angry cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by HoluGraze: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
I remember the old days.
There are lots of stories to be told
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Polynek(m): 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
Fufu
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by dettolgel: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
Tannhauser:
angry

Hawked fruits and vegetables in the streets of Enugu for my mum then...not funny though. I would sometimes run into classmates and I would feel so ashamed cos I was in a supposedly high brow school.

At that point Dad was a bit down, but his insurance policy covered school fees for us children. Mum started up something to assist with feeding the family and as a mummy's boy I was her assistant and would sometimes hawk when sales at the shop was low.

Nwa 042 I sight you. From Garriki to Major we don use leg scatter the place from selling ice water those days for bottle to selling ground, minerals, pepper anything sellable.

But as for today Chukwu Okike don pick our call, anyi na efezi na enu na run no things na 042.

We bless baba God.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Farfalla(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2022
I've never hawked, but I admire people who hustle legitimately.

I genuinely admire hawkers.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by oscaruzie(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
Simran94:

Same way your mother hawked hers right because she had nothing else to offer?

Awwn, Simran94...

In my mother's time, women had dignity. worked hard. were family oriented, full of wisdom. worked in blood, sweat and tears, moulded their homes with lovely unstained hands. were back in their homes before nightfall. planned for the future, didn't open their legs for all, married as virgins.

again, Simran94, if you (or your mother) fall into this category, you can walk away.

if not, you have every right to be frustrated, to go sell your coochie on behalf of yours, and also to mention me further...

well, i see you choosing the latter. why else would you have a b*tch as your profile pic, if you ain't one? just curious...

suck on this, and run along, kiddo.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Aguiyimba(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked fish

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
Once upon a time I did.
Looking back there was no way to predict life's current outcome.

The complexities of life.

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by jackyraw09: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2022
I have hawked pure water and beverages

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by charlie42(m): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes I once hawk pure water

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Maobichek: 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
I hawked ripe plantain for my mom when dad lost his business, my mom is a super woman, she always handover all our sales to my dad after buying foodstuffs.

If we asked her for money, she would always tell us to go and meet our dad, later in the day and she would give our dad the amount or more than we requested for: Mama is an Amazon, i call her: "oke nwanyi."

Most times these days, if i want to call my parents, i always call my mom and then requested to speak to my dad later. If we give her money now, she will always give it all to my Dad. My dad never beat her even for once. Every man deserve a good woman.

God bless my mom, God bless my dad Amen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2022
Animegirl:

Your hate and demeaning words against Nigeria girls won't make you a better man. You just an empty vessel ranting about women here. You're nothing but a shiiiit. grin
loud o. A shit.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Olatemiseeni24: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
I have once hawked cocaine
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by samwise180(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Whole in schoolI hawked around the hostel premises in order to survive and raise money for my final year project, it wasn't easy tho cos it almost affected me academically. Thank God I am through, all wasn't in vain.
I pray for grace and favour to locate me during my NYSC.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by maxkia(m): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
Yes I hawked Ugu Vegetables Early 90,s .That was the beginning of my Hustle as a young boy then . It spur me to greater heights. I made my first million at Age 19.
And now I own Two companies And live in my own house with my lovely wife & kid . If you didn’t hawk then, you’re omo butter . Lol

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Drella(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
Animegirl:

Lol take him serious at your own peril.

He is the type that will say marriage na scam yet be married with kids...All na cruise.
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by ikorodureporta: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
Oranges..

But most of the times I was co-hawking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by anonymuz(m): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
donbachi:
I hawked those coloured icecream,in the 80s.
ice kobikobi....after e go still turn to ordinary ice Las las

1 Like

Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
oscaruzie:

Awwn, Simran94...

In my mother's time, women had dignity. worked hard. were family oriented, full of wisdom. worked in blood, sweat and tears, moulded their homes with lovely unstained hands. were back in their homes before nightfall. planned for the future, didn't open their legs for all, married as virgins.

again, Simran94, if you (or your mother) fall into this category, you can walk away.

if not, you have every right to be frustrated, to go sell your coochie on behalf of yours, and also to mention me further...

well, i see you choosing the latter. why else would you have a b*tch as your profile pic, if you ain't one? just curious...

suck on this, and run along, kiddo.
Nah, stop giving excuses. According to you and your fellow pathetic losers, women have nothing to offer asides sex.
Stop confusing yourself .

BOY BYE!!!
Re: Have You Hawked Before? by Bishopino: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
I have hawk anything hawk able. Its my life while growing up. But thank God for today: it's now a story to tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Technicians Better Than Engineers In Nigeria? / Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears / Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.