Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam (3887 Views)

Sambo Dasuki Transferred To EFCC Custody / Former Governor Nyako Of Adamawa In EFCC Custody / Adeyemi Ikuforiji (Lagos Speaker) In EFCC Custody Over 7 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by ZnO: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2011
Like father like Son

Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam
Friday, 24 June 2011 00:00 By Yetunde Oyegbami News - National
E-mail Print
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

A LAGOS high court sitting in Ikeja yesterday remanded in custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the second son of the late business mogul, Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, Deji, over an alleged N35.5 million fraud.

Abiola was taken before Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo for alleged stealing and fraudulent conversion. The EFCC alleged that Deji Abiola of the late prominent politician collected N35.5 million in 2008 from one Mr. Jide Jose, on the pretext of importing printing machines from Switzerland for him.

The anti-graft agency claimed that he never supplied the said machines to the complainant and had converted the money to personal use.

When the case came up for hearing yesterday, the EFCC counsel, Mr. Omeiza Adebola, asked the court to compel Abiola to take his plea and be properly arraigned.He also told the court that the matter had been before the court since September 2, 2010, insisting that the charge should be read to the defendant.

However, Abiola’s counsel, Mr. A. B. Kasumu, objected to his arraignment, arguing that they had just been notified about the process. Kasumu said the defendant who had been enjoying administrative bail granted him by the EFCC had come to court out of his own volition. He added that Abiola should be granted sufficient time to consult with his lawyers before taking his plea as guaranteed by the right to fair hearing.

Kasumu also asked the court to grant his client bail or remand him in EFCC custody pending the filing of the bail application to be heard at the next adjournment.The matter was adjourned till June 30, 2011 for Abiola’s arraignment.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52314:court-remands-abiolas-son-in-efcc-custody-over-alleged-n355m-scam&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by ektbear: 6:39am On Jun 24, 2011
The return of the crop production graduate. ZnO/nchara/igbobuigbo, welcome back.
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by Jeel: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2011
lol
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by Badesh(m): 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2011
Heyyyyy, can somebody tell me this is not the Abiola's son that wears that bushy beard (USTAZ)?. He better not be oooooo!!!!!. In any case, if he were to be or not, Fela Anikulapo had once told us that "Imam na gbaladun", so there is cause for panic. The guy must have just swindled the mugu under the influence of the Imam.

Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by iragbijile: 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
ZnO:

Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam
Friday, 24 June 2011 00:00 By Yetunde Oyegbami News - National
E-mail Print
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

A LAGOS high court sitting in Ikeja yesterday remanded in custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the second son of the late business mogul, Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, Deji, over an alleged N35.5 million fraud.

Abiola was taken before Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo for alleged stealing and fraudulent conversion. The EFCC alleged that Deji Abiola of the late prominent politician collected N35.5 million in 2008 from one Mr. Jide Jose, on the pretext of importing printing machines from Switzerland for him.

The anti-graft agency claimed that he never supplied the said machines to the complainant and had converted the money to personal use.

When the case came up for hearing yesterday, the EFCC counsel, Mr. Omeiza Adebola, asked the court to compel Abiola to take his plea and be properly arraigned.He also told the court that the matter had been before the court since September 2, 2010, insisting that the charge should be read to the defendant.

However, Abiola’s counsel, Mr. A. B. Kasumu, objected to his arraignment, arguing that they had just been notified about the process. Kasumu said the defendant who had been enjoying administrative bail granted him by the EFCC had come to court out of his own volition. He added that Abiola should be granted sufficient time to consult with his lawyers before taking his plea as guaranteed by the right to fair hearing.

Kasumu also asked the court to grant his client bail or remand him in EFCC custody pending the filing of the bail application to be heard at the next adjournment.The matter was adjourned till June 30, 2011 for Abiola’s arraignment.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52314:court-remands-abiolas-son-in-efcc-custody-over-alleged-n355m-scam&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Hey when is you teaching me Hydroponics?

I need help writing a $500,000 grant to the NIH.

They want me to come up with an original proposal and I was wondering if you could put me through. since you are the world acclaimed Hydroponics expert from Nigeria

Lets cooperate for the progress of Southern Nigeria.

So anyway, let me know when you are ready. I love Hydroponics, hydroponicity and everything in between.

Do you mind posting some of your lab pictures again, so i can include them in my grant proposal. BTW, I am very serious. Time is not on my side.
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by aloyemeka1: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2011
This is not a case of 419 per se. May be he intended to supply the materials but came short due to logistic errors.
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by Ijebulogic(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
So much Venom without knowing the facts, this country thrives on misinformation and "beer parlour logic". From the post, a business deal went wrong  surely there are two sides to a story. lets see what the courts decide. Until then be slow to judge and pray you never come across an "alakoba" as you go about your business
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by hbrednic: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
the son has turned to 419,na waoh
the sins of the father.
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by koyaabj: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
U dont speak because u want to be heard, through out his fathers life was he ever locked up for bussines gone sour or when has it become a crime for somebody to die for democracy which we all are enjoying now, how many leaders in the past laid down their life for democracy. Abiola should be worshiped in this GOD forsaken country.cheers
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by vladimiros: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
looks more like investments went wrong instead of stealing
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by hackney(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2011
The abiolas have resorted to fraud; has their loot run out or what? ?
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by vislabraye(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
Is he becoming broke?? I don't know. . He could as well join politics; the name Abiola would open doors for him
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by queensmith: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2011
why am i not suprised?? like father like son
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by werter1: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
what
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by werter1: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2011
what
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by 1stestees(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Badesh, why dnt u gather ur info together well b4 posting, u will save urself dis.
Deji abiola is d plaintiff being referred to here, not Jamiu Abiola whom u av miscievously described as a imam. Do u hav a phobia for (his/any muslim's) moustache. If u dnt av any sensible tin to post, pls read and learn. D fact dt u can construst a sentence wt 'is' &'was' dsnt mean u should come to an internet forum and post trash.
Ur post betrayed ur sentiments, grow up, ok?
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by success4(m): 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
smh,  embarassed
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by Hardeyorlah(f): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
Was Abiola a criminal cos i dont ondastd y NLders are sayin like fada lyk son.
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by ak47mann(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

Was Abiola a criminal cos i dont ondastd y NLders are sayin like fada lyk son.
read your history or ask about ITT cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by EzeUche1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2011
Abiola Sr was definitely a crook.

He cheated Nigerian citizens out of millions due to his shoddy phone lines.
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by jennifer74(f): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^You should read the facts before you post something retarde d, but I guess if the post is coming from a ret@rd what should we expect!
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by biggiedol: 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2011
koyaabj:

U dont speak because u want to be heard, through out his fathers life was he ever locked up for bussines gone sour or when has it become a crime for somebody to die for democracy which we all are enjoying now, how many leaders in the past laid down their life for democracy. Abiola should be worshiped in this GOD forsaken country.cheers

you are big fool,how did Abiola die for democracy,for your information he died as a result of his stupidity and selfish interest,may you and your entire family go and build an altar where you will worship the late idiot,animal like you angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by MMM2(m): 5:56am On Jun 25, 2011
Pity
Re: Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam by infofta(m): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2011
EFCC, EFCC, what happened to Iyabor Obasanjo and the N300,000,000.
EFCC, EFCC, what happened to Ribado and his appointment as EFCC chairman. EFCC my foot. who is fooling who.

(1) (Reply)

New Rainbow Town Under Serious Construction By Amaechi And First Bank Plc / Northern Delegates Fault Igbo's N2.4tn Reparation Demand / Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.