Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,112 members, 7,860,026 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (65226 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2008
Damn, iice. You've got a lot of catching up to do.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2008
Yeah well, il try to catch up undecided
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2008
hiya. do any of you guys collect or read movie scripts? Warner just put up the script for TDK just in case.

Did anybody here see The Secret Life of Bees? Or The Wrestler? I need the heads-up.

Stay you.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2008
Dunno nothing about those movies. I've been catching up with movies I'm supposed to have seen so I don't even know about new movies much. What's up, Spikyn?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 10:16am On Nov 25, 2008
I'd love to collect scripts but ehhh iice has many expenses tongue I have read, very few though.
I heard the wrestler is good

Vesc, the wrestler is about erhhh a wrestler. Mickey Rourke plays the main character. It's hailed as a return to his glory days on screen undecided. I think its directed by Aronofsky.

The secret life of Bees has a 'teenage' Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, i think Alicia Keys. Don't remember the others.
This one, i haven't gotten anything on. I don't know if its good, bad or just ok.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2008
Well all the ones I got I got for free and the TDK one is being offered online as a free for download .pdf.

yep, it Aronofsky. I was asking about The Wrestler because it's being rumoured as an Oscar contender. I'll try to track it down sha. The Secret Life of Bees was billed as a contender as well but I guess it didn't resonate as well as it could've.

'sup vesc? I dey o, any successes with the oldies? say, d'you actually own a Wii? no pun intended.

Saw the pre-air for a show called 'Leverage', pretty nice in a 'Hustle' sort of way. And I'm just getting into 'The Mentalist' and 'Eleventh Hour'. The first few episodes are cool.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2008
Ahhhhhh well direct me to the free scripts then smiley

Erhhh yeah, i heard about the oscar buzz for the wrestler but haven't heard about the bees.

Cool, taking your review, i'll watch the mentalist and the eleventh hour. Though they are disagreements between fans, some saying the eleventh hour is like fringe, others say it's not. But il sink my teeth into them and see whats up with the show.

Thanks.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2008
you are as welcome as always.

11th Hour has Fringe like scenarios but it's more broad and eclectic as in it's not limited only to diseases etc

http://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/assets/images/TheDarkKnight_Script.pdf

or

http://joblo.com/scripts/The_Dark_Knight.pdf

And I'm adding this link just in case you're interested in Oscar 'For Your Consideration' campaigns.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2008
Got it!
Thanks alot smiley
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by ExInferis(m): 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2008
oi vesc. Seems our little war is going to have to go into cryostasis. I've mightily pissed off some self-servicer in the computer section and now he wants my blood. Can't fight a two-front war, can I?

Twilight, who's seen it?

Ps: can't somebody rein in Jason statham? Transporter 3!? Seriously, I ask you!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by amata053: 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
Hey I prefer Steven Spielberg.http://www.BizInfo1.com/?ix=4455
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 9:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
The Link missing from my last post about Oscar campaigns

http://awardsdaily.com/FYC/gallery/
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Spikyn, dude, thanks a lot. I'm loving the script. It's accurate too. If you've got any more, please PM me with em.

@Ex, aww man, tis too darn bad. With the power issues in this country, our lil WAR will thaw and become all gooey and bleeped up. We'll have to invent another cause to bicker.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2008
And, Spikyn, I do not really own a Wii. I just said so to lead Ex on. He's a sucker for a chance to yab me. grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2008
Ahhhh i could kiss you but erhhh erhhh smiley

Thanks spikyn cheesy

Like vesc if you have more. . . smiley
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2008
U forget u r as incognito as Spikyn is

Don't y'all worry, I'll be ur medium. Who wants to play dead?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2008
Well he can post them here.

But if not, there is your option and if worse comes to worse. . .i'll make an exception tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
@iice: Flattered but. . . .  grin

here're some links:

http://sfy.ru/

http://www.joblo.com/moviescripts.php

and here's one for the movie that's being hailed as Clint Eastwood's best performance as an actor and another Oscar contender: http://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/assets/images/GranTorino_Script.pdf

and more:
http://www.script-o-rama.com/snazzy/table.html

http://www.script-o-rama.com/snazzy/table.html

do enjoy, I have and do  smiley
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:14am On Nov 28, 2008
@spikyn
Pheewww, thats a relief tongue

Thanks! smiley
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
Hmmm so it's me left for the time being undecided

Nwayz, i was reading up on Burton and Depp. 
After their next movie 'Alice in wonderland', they have already gotten another project together which is Burton's next project after Alice
'Dark Shadows' based on the cult 60s supernatural TV show i don't know this show undecided
Depp will play the vampire patriarch grin

Speaking of Burton, i was watching Planet of the Apes sometime ago.  Mehnnn it was creepy especially Tim Roth.
And onto Planet of the Apes, i read some days back, about another planet of the apes movie but it's sort of a prequel and according to the news, it's not like planet of the apes (with monkeys taking over, like very little connection to monkeys).  .  .how does it make it a prequel?

Got a sneak peek @ Terminator Salvation.  Bale is looking hot! grin
Ok, the movie looks hot but we know how trailers can be deceiving undecided
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by ExInferis(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2008
iice:

we know how trailers can be deceiving undecided

point proved with Minority Report and Existenz.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Ex: How was the Minority Report trailer deceptive?

@iice: glad to've helped your relief grin

I saw Burton's POtA and felt it was ok and modernistic (if such a word existed), Tim Roth creeps me out as himself. . . LOL

My favourite Terminator was/is T2 and I'd really like to see TS knock it off but the director gives me little hope.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 7:54am On Dec 07, 2008
Ex Inferis:

point proved with Minority Report and Existenz.

What about anaconda :The Blood Orchid grin grin all the good parts were in the trailer
Same thing with Superman Returns.

Spikyn lol @ Tim Roth
For real he was really creepy in POtA. His eyes sef were full of evil.
I have some hope for TS with Bale and Bonham-Carter undecided

So i read, there may be a I Am Legend prequel and a Hancock 2 undecided
There are still plans for another Superman - yuck tongue
Oh also sin city 2 getting closer to being shot - This am excited about because i wanna see Mickey Rourke again tongue

The Dark Knight will be re-released in January - na wah!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by ExInferis(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2008
@ vesc

cause to bicker? isn't your supposed intelligence reason enough?

@ spikyn

Minority Report trailers gave the impression of being all action and chase chase chase. it turned out to be turkey on the action and disjointed on the chase.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2008
The re-release na for Oscar glory o! But I guess it'll also help it hit the $1b box office takings too.

Hancock 2? I'd really have liked to see the original cut of the one we got in the cinemas but I guess you can always run with the concept abi?

Superman is badly in need of a reboot, I guess it's going to depend on the director that gets picked but if it's still Singer then the guy should look back to his indie days for inspiration.

@ Ex, I finally see your point, very valid in misrepresentation kinda like Hancock but I do think most people don't get the movie as the ending was ambiguous like mad,
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2008
Ex, Vesc is on erhhh vacation undecided or rather he's incommunicado.

@Spikyn, i think TDK is being re-released the day after the Oscars.  Are they that confident?  Or maybe it's just to make more money.
Singer hasn't yet given a definite answer if he's going to do superman or not.  I tire for this one ooo.  I don't want to see another superman if it's not going to be spectacular.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by ExInferis(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2008
@iice

the last supe flick was darn spectacular enough. it just wasnt endearing, trying too hard to be like spidey, as in gooey love story, human frailty yada yada.

Note to brian singer: the most powerful being on the planet, so powerful the only qualifying adjective is "super" (not red-blue man, or hero guy, or cap'n capes etc), customarily tears things apart and evil limb from limb.

you on the other hand used him to make a sleeping pill.

next iteration, please give your script writer some Red Bull.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2008
for truth, where vesc go?

Oscars are in January?! Hmmm, guess we're hoping for a post-Oscar boost. On that note, the Academy don reverse their decision to ban the OST of TDK so their probably expecting it'll win or they've heard all the raking going on on the 'net.

Superman was a 7/10 and that was being generous. It required you to have seen Richard Donner's first 2 movies and read the movie prequel comics to even begin with and then like Ex pointed out Superman's struggle should be how to be human in spite of his powers (the guy can take over the world all by himself!) and while his pining for a human chick is fine, having an offspring is not. The storyline would've worked perfectly as a comic-book arc but not as a mainstream Superman story.

@ Did you ever see the Marvel vs DC skits online? They're brilliant! Do check them out.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2008
Very interesting read y'all! I've still not seen Superman. I want to keep it that way. My fingers are crossed for TDK. To me, it's a no-brainer but the Academy has surprised me on more than a fair number of occasions.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:12pm On Dec 11, 2008
Pardon ya'll i think Oscars is Feb 22 not Jan 22 as i posted earlier on.

7/10 is generous. I hated the movie. It's superman for crying out loud! The movie was not watch i expected, it didn't do justice to Superman. While i like the CGI well enough, the whole love/romance thing was ewwww. And as spikyn wrote, the kid was an overkill. There is more to superman than Lois Lane ughhhh.

Spikyn, seems Wall-e is getting good buzz. Who knows what will happen on Oscar night cheesy

Vesc, i had to do a cameo too lol.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2008
15 movies are in the Running for Achievement in Visual Effects for the Oscars

Semifinalists are :
Australia
The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian
Cloverfield
The Curious case of Benjamin Button
The Dark Knight
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Hancock
Hellboy 2 : The Golden Army
The Incredible Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Iron Man
Journey to the Center of the Earth
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperoh
Quantum of Solace
The Spiderwick Chronicles

The List will be narrowed down to seven and to the final three which will go on to be nominated for the award.

I don't know if i can even narrow it down though am thinking Benjamin Button should get a nod even if i haven't seen the movie tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2008
I hate that the list is this long. I just saw a movie that blew me away. Plus I absolutely didn't hear anything about it until I saw it. It's called Surf's up. Surf's up is now like my #4 favorite animation.

If I were the peeps at the academy, I'd cut that list to, Cloverfield. Every other thing is so so to me. Even Spielberg's (I say this with utmost reluctance)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (60) (Reply)

BBNaija: Omashola Squeezes Mercy's Butt At The Party (Photos) / BBNaija: Vandora Shows Her Boobs Again / The Best TV Series Right Now....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.