Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? (8298 Views)

28 States In Nigeria ‘technically Bankrupt’– Gov Ajimobi / OPINION: Boko haram Bombing, Femi Needs To Resign If He Has Integrity / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by dayokanu(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
Tribune again.

I see that their publishers the Awolowos are up to no good
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by JUO(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
naija i hail thee
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Guk: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
I know its easy to make judgement on a forum like this. Its advisable to be cautious since we are relying on newspaper report and not court record.

I have had 3 experiences with a particular bank as follows:

(1) My account officer withdrew money from my account without a cheque leaf when i was away from the country. He was not aware that i could receive SMS alert via roaming way back about 7 years ago. I called him & he apologised & confessed that he needed to pay back some money he was owing. It was when i returned that i gave him a cheque leaf to regualrise it & collect my money back.

(2) We made a number of deposits at Ikeja branch over a period of a week. I was in V.I & decided to raise a draft based on our perceived balance based on deposits made. Alas, a couple of deposits never entered our account. The teller who collected them kept the monies aside for reasons best known to her. Anyway, it was resolved in the "family affair" way & we were able to raise the draft.

(3) End of October/Begining of November a few years ago, the bank changed software & peoples' account were showing incorrect balances. One day, they called me that my account was in debit, that they mistakenly paid someone 300k, even when 300k was not in my account but by my record, there was 300k. I asked for a printout but the so called 300k was not reflected. They have begged me to repay the 300k but since i cannot see it on the statement, i wasnt sure they were not playing tricks. So, since i have not paid back, am i lacking integrity?? I believe not as they are yet to prove to me that there wasnt money in my account when they honored that 300k.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by logica(m): 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hrm. You learn something new every day, I guess.

I've always been of the opinion that actively stealing != profiting from a mistake that someone else made.

I see your points. . . but it will take me some time to internalize it.

Fortunately this type of thing rarely happens in my life.
Apparently the quote on your profile is, well, nothing but a quote.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by ektbear: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
logica:

Apparently the quote on your profile is, well, nothing but a quote.

Sometimes things are only what they appear to be. . . apples only apples, shoes only shoes, and quotes only quotes.

Probably not the best idea to assume more than can be safely inferred.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by seanet02: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
What is this nonsense
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Pafuri(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2011
When "The Tribune", a newspaper that had championned the political ideology and programs of Obafemi Awolowo, now champions the cause of the PDP, Yoruba people have a right to ask questions of Hanna Idowu Dideolu (HID). What have you done to the legacy of the real ASIWAJU?
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by andyanders: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2011
The bank is useless. Maybe they had wanted to take off the money through the Governor's A/C but the something could not click as the governor cleared the money when he noticed the credit balance. For me, I will tell the bank to spread it over 15yrs. Period, if I like, Well the bank is lucky they were dealing with someone who also benefits from the government. For me, na only my head you go the look because nobi me put the mony there. What a fu--ck. Wmy must they say the governor is a fraud? He is not a fraud at all. Is the bank that is fraud.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by kq(m): 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
This should be a lesson to us all (posters) on Nairaland we need to be careful before opining on discussions here a lot of people had already started calling him Ajimobi a thief until someone came up with a retraction from the same Tribune that the case had been withdrawn from court even reading from the initial post in the beginning it seems Ajimobi claimed that he cannot find the said money mistakenly debited in his account statement so how would he be paying something they cannot even show proof of? Funny enough all those who posted that he is a thief and what not have not come back to even show remorse or retract their statements. Now that shows the way Nigeria is going we all seem to be loosing our character not just because we are thieves and corrupt but also because the so called good ones among us who label the thieves would probably make mistakes picking right from wrong. Please lets be careful because one of the things you cant take back in life is what comes from your mouth.

naija o ni baje ooo
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by andyanders: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
@kq (m)

I Thank you my Brother, God bless you. I do not know why people reason with their legs instead of their brain. Poeple call someone names when they have not confirmed the truth.

This is bank transaction and I am a banker and mistakes could be made at anytime. People started calling him thief. Too bad.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by ZnO: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
Mogbe

Gomina Oyo na thief
Like Tinubu Like Ajimobi?
Hhahahaha!!!!
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Mariory(m): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2011
ZnO:

Mogbe

Gomina Oyo na thief
Like Tinubu Like Ajimobi?
Hhahahaha!!!!

Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by jensinmi(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2011
What are people even saying here about the case being retracted.

Of  course the bank will retract the case. Do you expect any bank to begin fighting with a newly appointed Governor over "small change"??

Once you become a Rep, Senator or Governor in Nigeria, the banks begin chasing you around and offering you free loans, and other incentives to get you to patronize them. And in the case of a Governor, they would want you to keep some of that "massive allocation" and security vote in their bank.

Until the day Ajimobi was declared winner of those elections, he would be considered an average Joe;
however, once he became a Governor, the bank would see that they could possible benefit more from having him as a friend rather than foe.

That being said.

I believe that the fact that they had to chase Ajimobi for a while and even take him to court for this money is a revelation of his character.

It is one thing for one to have N450 million in an account and have someone credit an extra N15 million. The recipient can easily be said to not have noticed this.
However, to have N15 million in your account and then to see it double, that is totally different.

When we talk of men of integrity, it is "borderline circumstances" like these that cause such men to rise above all others.
Buhari has been shown to be an excellent example of such.

1. Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

2. How can you reap where you haven't sown??

God Forbid, If in paying Ajimobi's allowances, the government accidentally pays him N50 million extra from public funds, aren't we to believe that he will keep the money and not talk, and even become adamant when confronted.

Is reaping where one has not sown the reason why Ibori and so many others like him embezzled money that wasn't theirs??

So,  if the Executive Governor of Oyo gives out a contract of N250 million and the contractors claim they want to "compensate" him with N50 million. Are we to believe that he will not take it??

For those who are defending him, answer me this:

A man is standing in the bank and sees someone forget a bag and leave. He goes ahead and takes it home. At home, he discovers N5 million in the bag.
Can he go to church the next day to do thanksgiving for God's blessing and tell the crowd that he found the bag someone else left?? Will the church congratulate him or request that he return it to its rightful owner.

The Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. If you have the fear of God, you will not take advantage of others for your personal gains.

This incident clearly shows the kind of person Ajimobi is. I pity Oyo state treasury.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Outstrip(f): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
It took a year for the bank to notice it
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by hardywaltz(m): 12:53am On Jun 25, 2011
@ Jensinmi thank you boo leave all dis noise makers, during the audit by CBN it was discovered that banks vote as much as 350million just to woo various government officials, so whatz 15mill to Access bank if it will please his excellency; the long and short of the story is that both members of PDP and ACN are all crocks period. So u guyz should stop giving him a soft landing, PS if it were Akala or an Eastern Governor this thread would go haywire!
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Outstrip(f): 2:01am On Jun 25, 2011
LOL. I can't get over how Nigerian governors are called "His excellency" grin grin grin grin Nigerians and titles.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by YOMZE(m): 3:33am On Jun 25, 2011
[color=#000099][/color] everybody na thief, person wey dem catch na Armed robber, Infact! Armmmmy robber
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by jmaine: 3:41am On Jun 25, 2011
YOMZE:

[color=#000099][/color] everybody na thief, person wey dem catch na Armed robber, Infact! Armmmmy robber

cheesy cheesy
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Sike(m): 4:32am On Jun 25, 2011
Outstrip:

It took a year for the bank to notice it
I tire o!! Maybe dem just dey wake-up.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by MMM2(m): 5:44am On Jun 25, 2011
Dat amount of money is 2 small 4 our politician 2 steäl.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by juman(m): 8:15am On Jun 25, 2011
Nigerian Tribune gathered that the case was struck out on March 23, 2010

Tribune!!!

Tribune people, anything goes. Just give them money grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by oladayo042: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2011
OWOLAYEMO:

Insipid banking by Access Bank. What a useless entity!
Insipid journalism by Tribune. What a useless entity!
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by jimmysho(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2011
this week i needed to make frantic calls so i had to buy voucher worth N200. some minutes latter i discover it was N500 voucher she mistakel@ gave because all airtel card look alike. i had to return not because d cash involved was small but integrity is involved
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by jimmysho(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2011
Some times in 2009 finbank ota branch mistakely credited my account twice 700k though it was reversed but what angered me was charged me when d reversal was bank induced and not customer induced. i petition my branch manager before my acc was credited wit d COT deducted
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by ashlamonki: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2011
Nldrs,pls this very issue is not debateable at all,in a nutshell ajimobi is a disgrace to the citizen of oyo state as well as acn party in general.I can't imagine smone of his calibre in this kind off mess,smone we re peering with gov.fashola,so ridiculous indeed.he should use his two hands to cover his face.he did it at the detriment of some of the bank staff. D season governor ,pls repent.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by solayemi(m): 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
I think the case should be seriously investigated.why is the bank coming out with this now,if the allegation is true they should have made it known b4 the elections. why haven't they charge him to court.why did it take them over one year to discover the mistake.the management of the bank should be queried by CBN/EFCC.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by denzel2009: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
Ashalamonki and solayemi are the 2 both of you living on the same street?  It was Tribune that was misyarning!
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by Imagineers: 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
Access Bank has a funny attitude when it comes to unethical transactions. I will not like to publish my experience with them but it was not very pleasant.
Re: Gov. Ajimobi Of Oyo State Has Integrity Issues? by splashbaby(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2011
Why now Ajimobi? Return the money now!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Name The Criminals' - National Assembly Spokesperson To OBJ / The Great Zik didn't learn well from history. My Brother Is Now The VC Of UNN. / If These 3 Men Defect From APC To PDP, That's The End Of Tinubu's Ambitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.