Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) (44699 Views)

Lord Lugards Invation Of Kano Empire 1899 / School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo / Who Sold Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OBALOLA55(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

LOL, those ivory anklets is still a mystery to the Yoruba man from a nation of poverty. You shout sex slaves because you are confident that such lie won't be reciprocated. That's because Yoruba women's ugliness is like a shield guiding them from sexual exploitation. So no matter how someone tries to lie that Yoruba women were exploited, nobody will believe that a human being or animal will think of raping such ugliness Afonja women are known for. There were a lot that happened in Igboland during the slave trade but sex slave was never part of it. Learn to lie about something that sounds reasonable.

If you know anything in history, you would have known that whites don't sell ivory to blacks, in fact it was one of the things they exploited form Africa.

Those anklets are Igbo made. Now go and cry in peace now that you have seen the difference between both of us in HD. Not everybody dressed as poor and wretched as Yoruba people before colonialisation. Even Alaafin's wives didn't dress up to the standard of being considered poor if they were in Igboland with their Chinese hairstyle grin
Our women still rock it till this century
ONE WRAPPER TRIBE. MY MUMSY WAS FORCED TO STOP WEARING ONE WRAPPER BY OUR VILLAGE WOMEN
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
We are talking about how every goat chicken and Turkey in the Niger Delta sold Eboes as slaves for centuries

Everyone had a share Bini, Efik, Ijaw etc
Even Ikwerres had a share
That is why they reject being called Eboe because it is associated with slavery
Don't be scared, bring your Yoruba nation to the table not churning out pathetic lies to turn my attention to my neighbours that have never talked shit about us. Though the last that tried (Ijaw) got their Shameful history thrown at their faces.

Now look at what those you are trying to use as shield from my history lashing on Yorubas have to say about Ndigbo before European contact.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2022
OBALOLA55:
YOU WANT ME TO START DIGGING UP YOUR PREVIOUS THREADS

I GUESS YOU ARE FROM EITHER AJA, IKEJA OR MAGODO undecided
Guy can you make your point
I really do not have time for endless back and forth with jobless people
I have not said I am or I am not from Lagos ON THIS THREAD .
I am not here to discuss myself as a way of derailing the thread. If you wan to discuss me create a thread for that . If you are lucky I will join you.
Can you show where I said there are no villages in Lagos AS YOU CLAIMED
With your village Umunna psychology you assume everyone is a villager like you

I am not a villager

Sorry for you

1 Like

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Don't be scared, bring your Yoruba nation to the table not churning out pathetic lies to turn my attention to my neighbours that have never talked shit about us. Though the last that tried (Ijaw) got their Shameful history thrown at their faces.

Now look at what those you are trying to use as shield from my history lashing on Yorubas have to say about Ndigbo before European contact.
So Arochukwu was taken over by the Akpa brothers as Eze and they installed other Cultural practices like the Ekpe secret society etc

They used Arochukwu as a platform to sell Eboes for centuries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2022
OBALOLA55:
ONE WRAPPER TRIBE. MY MUMSY WAS FORCED TO STOP WEARING ONE WRAPPER BY OUR VILLAGE WOMEN
Hahahahaha. Please let's not go to their dirtiness side so that some people will still eat this afternoon.
grin
Imagine Yoruba talking when someone that knows Igbo history is talking

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OBALOLA55(m): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Guy can you make your point
I really do not have time for endless back and forth with jobless people
I have not said I am or I am not from Lagos ON THIS THREAD .
I am not here to discuss myself as a way of derailing the thread. If you wan to discuss me create a thread for that . If you are lucky I will join you.
Can you show where I said there are no villages in Lagos AS YOU CLAIMED
With your village Umunna psychology you assume everyone is a villager like you

I am not a villager

Sorry for you
THEN YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE PICTURE BELOW BECAUSE ITS WHERE YOUR DESTINY LIES

2 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:24am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
So Arochukwu was taken over by the Akpa brothers as Eze and they installed other Cultural practices like the Ekpe secret society etc

They used Arochukwu as a platform to sell Eboes for centuries
Ordinary Google would have cured your ignorance.

Let me tell you what you are trying to do by focusing on Akpa. You want me to make it look as if that Akpa are not Aro enough to rule the city so as to upset the balance in Arochukwu if the natives were to read my comment
But I am far smarter than you. I know all of your Afonja tricks.

So I will tell you this, although the ruling dynasty is not of Akpa, but there is nothing wrong if you mistake them as Akpa because Akpa is a full blooded Igbo clan in Arochukwu.
Thanks

Now can we talk about your Alaafin being of Nupe descent or Ilorin ruled by Fulani till tomorrow?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2022
OBALOLA55:
THEN YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE PICTURE BELOW BECAUSE ITS WHERE YOUR DESTINY LIES
Nearly funny . Akpa rule Arochukwu till this day
Itsekiri sold Eboes as slaves for centuries
Ikwerre sold Eboes as slaves for centuries
For the Aros the entire Ibo territory around them was just like their poultry and they harvested and sold slaves for centuries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:27am On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Ordinary Google would have cured your ignorance.

Let me tell you what you are trying to do by focusing on Akpa. You want me to make it look as if that Akpa are not Aro enough to rule the city so as to upset the balance in Arochukwu if the natives were to read my comment
But I am far smarter than you. I know all of your Afonja tricks.

So I will tell you this, although the ruling dynasty is not of Akpa, but there is nothing wrong if you mistake them as Akpa because Akpa is a full blooded Igbo clan in Arochukwu.
Thanks

Now can we talk about your Alaafin being of Nupe descent or Ilorin ruled by Fulani till tomorrow?

The Akpa were a conquering dynasty from Akampka
The Nnubi brothers established the dynaty which reign till now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OBALOLA55(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
For the Aros the entire Ibo territory around them was just like their poultry and they harvested and sold slaves for centuries
MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD THAT BINIS ARE THE REAL OWNER OF THIS SLUM CITY YOU CALL LAGOS

1 Like

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:29am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Ikwerre was under Aro Jurisdiction.
Itsekiri never had any encounter with Ndigbo as regard to slavery. If they did, I doubt there will be any remaining judging by their weak Yoruba nature.

Speaking of People harvested like poultry for slave trade, you might need to have a word with Ghezo, the Dahomey King that harvested Yorubas/nagos for slave as it was the custom of his father's and ancestors before him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

First of all, Bini never sold slaves. Transatlantic slave trade was abolished by the Oba immediately it was introduced. You can take a trip to Uselu and ask the chiefs there.

Rubbish

The Bini not only sold Eboes but used them locally to build a number of monuments and as general labourers
This happened for centuries

Indeed the question is not who sold Eboes as slave BUT

WHO DID NOT ?
Every one had a share

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OBALOLA55(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
YOU AVOIDED THEBOSSTREVOR1 THREAD LIKE PLAGUE, MAY I KNOW WHY grin

1 Like

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

Ikwerre was under Aro Jurisdiction.
Do you have evidence for this?
Fiction and lies are your stock in trade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2022
Okay agreed..that was then, we reorganized ourselves and became who we are with all territories intact...You don't have ilorin yet in 2022 you bands of retarded nitwits and slaves you shall always be to them. You still have their religion taking up your lands,dividing your own people into yoruba Christians vs yoruba Muslims vs traditionalist yet you come here to monkey your low self and distorts facts

aribisala0:

5 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:32am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:

The Akpa were a conquering dynasty from Akampka
The Nnubi brothers established the dynaty which reign till now
Only the name "Nnubi" would have reset your stupidity but you just like wallowing in your own stupidity.
Have you seen anybody from Akampka claim relationship with Akpa?

Afonjas sef. Your tricks are known by everybody

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2022
OBALOLA55:
YOU AVOIDED THEBOSSTREVOR1 THREAD LIKE PLAGUE, MAY I KNOW WHY grin
Do I know you? When did we start this play? When did we start meeting up on threads?

Is your head hurting you?
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:33am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:
Do you have evidence for this?
Fiction and lies are your stock in trade
The full name for their prominent clan "Isiokpo" is Aro-Isiokpo.
Ask them

If you have noticed, your ancient Afonja trick of trying to make Minorities join you in your stupidity against Ndigbo as a bid to divert my attention from finishing up with Yoruba to them has not worked here since.
Do you know why?
Because the Minorities know you people and your tricks. They see you as a chameleon (no offence, it is a figure of speech)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by bomb24: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2022
PressMyButton:

I read about some itinerant blacksmiths called the Isobos (Urhobos) who migrated to Yoruba hinterlands in the early 30s with a slightly modified blacksmithing.
I wonder why you guys find it extremely difficult to make use of your brains in matters requiring basic logic. As at 1930, Nigeria had gone far beyond cutlasses, iron and gun blacksmithing. Nigeria was linking cities with bridges especially in Lagos. There were storey buildings, oil Mills, roads constructions, schools, there were handful of graduates at the time. Nigeria was not a kind of Stone age society as at 1930.
I wonder why you sounded so fulfilled about blacksmithing as though people were still living much as hunters and wanderers.

This is one really hit your cone-skull. let me expansiate for you. Isobo was a generic term used by the yolobas to refer to any one from the east.

as u can see, it was clearly stated those blacksmiths were from Awka and most popular amongnst them was "okafor."

Your people weren't technologically advanced to make superior guns Like mine, which was one of the biggest commodities during the early 20th century. of which your people never had the skill or had the Intellectual capacity to produce such magnifico weapons at that time..

"Nigeria had gone far beyond making guns in in 1930 ? " Nigga u sound dumb walai, to-date aren't guns still in production. lolz

That history is really hurting I know, So I'm not surprised u keep pouring out incoherent trash just to ease your pain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2022
Where are the benins today?....In one enclosed space of a state with old medieval wall.. Look at the igbos,everywhere....representing different states and why are you not talking about your own region..why are you dragging from Ijaw ooo to now benin...? talk about your people man. be confident

aribisala0:
Rubbish

The Bini not only sold Eboes but used them locally to build a number of monuments and as general labourers
This happened for centuries

Indeed the question is not who sold Eboes as slave BUT

WHO DID NOT ?
Every one had a share

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Okay agreed..that was then, we reorganized ourselves and became who we are with all territories intact...You don't have ilorin yet in 2022 you bands of retarded nitwits and slaves you shall always be to them. You still have their religion taking up your lands,dividing your own people into yoruba Christians vs yoruba Muslims vs traditionalist yet you come here to monkey your low self and distorts facts

No it was not then. It is NOW
The Akpa are ruling Arochukwu still
After selling you as slaves for centuries
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by HandsomeBlack: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2022
Na wah!
What my countrymen cannot turn to tribal warfare does not exist. I'm ashamed reading through the comments.

2 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by Gaabasky: 10:36am On Feb 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Please don't come on a public forum and brazenly make outlandishly false claims.

Even if the purported school was founded in 1899 which I know is most likely false,there is no way it can be first in anything when even 20 years before 1899 a Sapara Williams had already been called to the English bar and some Nigerans Chief Ajasa,Q.C a signatory for the Lagos Colony with the British was already educated folk, the likes of Dr. JC Vaughan were getting ready to go overseas to study medicine, the likes of Pharm. TKE Phillips had started thinking of a career in Pharmacy and some years later opened the first Pharmacy in Lagos.

Let me not mention the likes of Herbert Macaulay, Henry Carr, Da Rocha, Bishop Ajayi Crowther, Revd Kuti etc who had covered some milestones around that time.

Please try and read wide.

U get time oo bro. U sud have just checked n passed na
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2022
Loud it

BKayy:

Only the name "Nnubi" would have reset your stupidity but you just like wallowing in your own stupidity.
Have you seen anybody from Akampka claim relationship with Akpa?

Afonjas sef. Your tricks are known by everybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:38am On Feb 11, 2022
Enlighten me more on Afonjas mistake and concrete steps being taken by your people to reclaim Ilorin, Kogi is going gradually

aribisala0:

2 Likes

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:38am On Feb 11, 2022
bomb24:

This is one really hit your cone-skull. let me expansiate for you. Isobo was a generic term used by the yolobas to refer to any one from the east.

as u can see, it was clearly stated those blacksmiths were from Awka and most popular amongnst them was "okafor."

Your people weren't technologically advanced to make superior guns Like mine, which was one of the biggest commodities during the early 20th century. of which your people never had the skill or had the Intellectual capacity to produce such magnifico weapons at that time..

"Nigeria had gone far beyond making guns in in 1930 ? " Nigga u sound dumb walai, to-date aren't guns still in production. lolz

That history is really hurting I know, So I'm not surprised u keep pouring out incoherent trash just to ease your pain.

Your people never evolved anything beyond village level administration

That s why small groups were able to sell you as slaves for centuries
Itsekiri would come carry Eboes go
Ijaw would come carry Eboes go
Ibibio would come carry Eboes go
Bini would come carry Eboes go
Efik would come carry Eboes go

Every one had a taste

That is the reality not these latter day revisions
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:39am On Feb 11, 2022
aribisala0:

If you still have an atom of shame left in you then allow Akpa clan to speak for themselves.
When did they make someone they consider inferior like you Yorubas their spoke person?

So you have nothing to bring to the debate in regards to yoruba land that you are now leaching onto Akpa as a basis for your argument when Akpa themselves are Igbo.

Its not even as if there is atom of truth in any of it. The ruling clan in Arochukwu is Nnachi, and Akpa are unadulterated Igbo with no apologies

If you as an Afonja is ashamed of Yorubaland then who am I to give a shred of dignity to them?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Enlighten me more on Afonjas mistake and concrete steps being taken by your people to reclaim Ilorin, Kogi is going gradually

The Nnubi brothers' descendants reign over Arochukwu which was the platform for enslavement of millions of Eboes that they sold for centurie
EZE IBOM ISI
Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2022
BKayy:

If you still have an atom of shame left in you then allow Akpa clan to speak for themselves.
When did they make someone they consider inferior like you Yorubas their spoke person?

So you have nothing to bring to the debate in regards to yoruba land that you are now leaching onto Akpa as a basis for your argument when Akpa themselves are Igbo.

Its not even as if there is atom of truth in any of it. The ruling clan in Arochukwu is Nnachi, and Akpa are unadulterated Igbo with no apologies

EZE IBOM ISI

NNUBI DYNASTY
reign over Arochookyou

1 Like

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by BKayy: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Just look at them shouting "Akpa, Akpa, Akpa "
Shame no grew them bring any pathetic Yoruba clan to the debate.

They are ashamed of their own history

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A School In Opobo In 1899 (Throwback Photo) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2022
Enlighten me more on Afonjas mistake and concrete steps being taken by your people to reclaim Ilorin, Kogi is going simpifully

aribisala0:
The Nnubi brothers' descendants reign over Arochukwu which was the platform for enslavement of millions of Eboes that they sold for centurie
EZE IBOM ISI

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning Question? / Landlord Cancels 2020 Rent For Students Living In His Hostel / LAUTECH Class 16 Signs Out In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.