Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo (36678 Views)

EPL: Bruno Fernandes Issues Warning To Opposing Teams Over Ronaldo / South Korean Soccer Fans To Sue The Festa over Ronaldo benching / Company Workers Threaten Strike In Italy Over Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Galileopapi(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2022
Rooney
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by chiefolododo(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2022
SmartProf:
Any manager/coach that allows his big players to display too much power, to the point of questioning his decisions is headed for doom.
Well, it depends on how you look at it, the manager might just be egocentric.
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by chris259(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright.....

Even as at then Ferguson was aware that Penaldo is overrated
ogbeni shut up!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by rayvelez(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2022
United later won the league that season.

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Klazic247: 9:03am On Feb 11, 2022
Ok
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Bahamas95(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2022
It's just like selling your German shepherd and replacing it with ekuke......I understand Rooney's frustration.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by BigTableShaker(f): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright.....

Davido, frog voice and he's making it
Ronaldo, overrated but he's the best in the game

This weed don dey spoil your brains oh.

you better stop am

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Bobloco: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2022
Manager with balls

How many current managers at EPL can other an English player to 'get out of his office'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2022
grin
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by bizhop01: 9:08am On Feb 11, 2022
I see why Alex Ferguson was so successful in Manutd

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by udemzyudex(m): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2022
beautyhd:
Ferguson was no pushover manager.

You don't dictate for him, he called the shots.

Manchester United under him was much more managed and better than now.

I wish I can change club, watching man u matches these days, gives me headache.

Clubs have not started paying unnecessary amount for players then.
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by TemmyT002(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright.....

Say NO to weed.
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2022
That was the beginning of the end for Man disunited
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by bizhop01: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2022
humberjade:
Imagine...you sold Ronaldo and Tevez and then replaced them with Antonio Valencia, a spent Michael Owen and Gabriel Obertan...No be juju be that ? cheesy
After he won epl that very season

4 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Kobicove(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2022
I would have done the same thing to you if I were in Ferguson's shoes!

How dare you questions your boss' decision just cos you're a high profile player?! angry

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by VEHINTOLAR: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2022
“I went into Alex Ferguson’s office, and I said to him: ‘What’s the plan here? At the minute, we’ve brought in two young English players who are unproven.’ I remember Alex Ferguson’s response was, ‘Get out of my office.’”

That's because Ferguson is THE BOSS !

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by sammhi(m): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2022
Bar1941:
Fergy was crazy I swear, how could he tell a player like Rooney that? Rooney was such a loyalist and great player for him to have continued playing for the club afterward. Mind you, that senseless decision by the board that Rooney questioned marked the beginning of the present retrogression of the club.
Best response I read
Rooney questions are motivated by love for the club
Others would have kept quiet and then there would be dip in form or request a transfer
Alex was wrong ....he should have explained to him
Dictator ..no wonder he left Manu same way he met it

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Truvelisback(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2022
beautyhd:
Ferguson was no pushover manager.

You don't dictate for him, he called the shots.

Manchester United under him was much more managed and better than now.

I wish I could change club, watching man u matches these days, gives me headache.
Yes, Ferguson doesn't take any shit from anybody. He sold out David Beckham when he had issues with him. Even Ruud Vanistelroy wasn't left out for his disposal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Kobicove(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2022
chiefolododo:
Well, it depends on how you look at it, the manager might just be egocentric.

He was not being egocentric, he was trying to maintain order and keep control of the players at the club.

If a manager makes a mistake or a wrong call he is the one who bears the brunt therefore none of his players has any right to question his decisions!

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Kobicove(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2022
sammhi:

Best response I read
Rooney questions are motivated by love for the club
Others would have kept quiet and then there would be dip in form or request a transfer
Alex was wrong ....he should have explained to him
Dictator ..no wonder he left Manu same way he met it

This is a lie from the pit of hell!

Ferguson left Man U a very strong team!

2 Likes

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Rayjnr: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2022
H
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Elidrisy20: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2022
He has no choice
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by splashbaby(m): 9:33am On Feb 11, 2022
Bar1941:
Fergy was crazy I swear, how could he tell a player like Rooney that? Rooney was such a loyalist and great player for him to have continued playing for the club afterward. Mind you, that senseless decision by the board that Rooney questioned marked the beginning of the present retrogression of the club.
That wasn't true afterall from Rooney...he lied in the statement afterall. Ronaldo and Tevez didn't leave the same year. Tevez left in 2013 while Ronaldo left 2009. Before Tevez left MANU, RVP was brought him and topped even Rooney in goals scored. He came in just one season and became highest goal scorer in the league. The ambition showed by MANU left Rooney in the cold for been so stupid to consider joining Chelsea.

Edited: Tevez actually left Mancity 2013 and not ManU. The Error was not deliberate.
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by tunjilee003: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2022
splashbaby:
That wasn't true afterall from Rooney...he lied in the statement afterall. Ronaldo and Tevez didn't leave the same year. Tevez left in 2013 while Ronaldo left 2009. Before Tevez left MANU, RVP was brought him and topped even Rooney in goals scored. He came in just one season and became highest goal scorer in the league. The ambition showed by MANU left Rooney in the cold for been so stupid to consider joining Chelsea.
tevez left in 2009 and not 2013...

1 Like

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Emperor88(m): 9:47am On Feb 11, 2022
Lumig:
Sorry Rooney it was a period when the Ronaldo charm was very potent on Sir Alex Ferguson.
His eyes don clear now cheesy
Read you will not read

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by Akuruoulo(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2022
Beverlyjean:
The money man uts wasted on sancho wud hv been used to purchase saunt maximin from Newcastle, Adama from wolves and Trippier from atletico. man u don't still understand the value of a quality RB. look at barca , they brought back Dani Alves and they had their best game and first with against atletico or real madrid in 2 yrs. man u dint hv a RB , LB and a fantastic winger cos they always wanna favour the British players . Stop playing maguire and shaw and replace them with Eric Bailey and Telles. I also don't know y they did not get new players this transfer window. Sancho will do well in city but not in man utd, Grealish will rather do better in utd than city. But I still don't buy into these British players. Utd don't even have a defensive midfield player, not one single quality DM
WHICH BAILY AND TELLES ARE U TALKING ABOUT ?
Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by sleek82(m): 9:54am On Feb 11, 2022
Lumig:
Sorry Rooney it was a period when the Ronaldo charm was very potent on Sir Alex Ferguson.
His eyes don clear now cheesy
Ronaldo's charm was potent on Ferguson but he sold him....please use your brain, you obviously didn't read the story!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo by sleek82(m): 9:56am On Feb 11, 2022
splashbaby:
you mean you still wrote this when there is Google?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa United Wins 2020/2021 NPFL Title / Gunmen Send Threatening Message To Messi, Fired Shots At Family Store / Joshua, Fury To Earn $100 Million Each In Heavyweight Showdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.