Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

My Political Experience In ESUT -- OAP Michael Effiong. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Political Experience In ESUT -- OAP Michael Effiong. (212 Views)

Update On Projects In ESUT Teaching Hospital And College Of Medicine, Enugu / Tinubu: I Started My Political Journey At Jakande’s House / Dino Melaye: Smart Adeyemi Is Still My Political Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Political Experience In ESUT -- OAP Michael Effiong. by michaelfix(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2022
Media personality, Michael Effiong shared a political experience he witnessed in his university days. The Kpoko FM presenter shared how his friend lost out in a political battle while in school.
He wrote this via his Facebook page;

JUST A LITTLE POLITICAL STORY.

In my university days (ESUT, Enugu), there was this friend of mine who always bragged about being a senator. He sometimes calls himself Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Frank, was representing one of the departments in Environmental Sciences as a senator, and he was dedicated and diligent, but something happened that changed his view about politics.

In one of their numerous sittings, the SUG President brought a proposal that stretched to a million naira. The reason for the project for the money didn't go well with the senators and they raised their voices as they rejected the proposal. More than 80% of the senate kicked against the proposal, and, Frank was among the naysayers. The plenary session was a bit rowdy because of a few followers of the SUG president that wanted the proposal to go through, but a majority of the senators were still saying "nay." For sure the "nay" will have it as they were the majority, but instead of the SUG president to back down, he called for an hour recess. The Senate went on a break to resume in an hour time.

Frank, with his well-ironed black trousers and white long sleeve top, resumed with others.� Again, the proposal was read in the house, and what happened next shocked Frank. In the same manner, he said "nay" as he kicked against the proposal, but this time, the naysayers have reduced drastically. Instead, the support of the proposal had gained momentum with a majority of the house supporting it. He was surprised.� What happened within a few minutes that we went on recess? � What could be the cause of the sudden acceptance of the same proposal we rejected some minutes ago? He asked.
As a sharp Delta-born and Port Harcourt-bred, he later discovered that in the course of the recess, money has exchanged hands and many of the senators were bought. He felt defeated and went home sad.

From that day, his view about politics changed. That SUG tenure was one the worst in my time in Uni. The next time I called him Mr. Senator, he begged him to stop and told me that he is a student and a musician �. Senator don turn musician ��.

NB: Money is still a major factor in politics.

Re: My Political Experience In ESUT -- OAP Michael Effiong. by code66: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2022
Did you not hear or read about the primary school election in Lagos?..the kid that spoke good grammar lost to the smart kid that bought and shared snacks .
Re: My Political Experience In ESUT -- OAP Michael Effiong. by triple996(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2022
To d dude above me, politics is not all about blowing big big Grammer.
Re: My Political Experience In ESUT -- OAP Michael Effiong. by dudu0004: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2022
[s]
triple996:
To d dude above me, politics is not all about blowing big big Grammer.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

How Does He Want To Realize His Dream??? / Endsars: Buhari’s Successor Will Also Prevent Violent Protests – Bashir Ahmad / Best For The Job, Let's Support Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.