Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional (30153 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Suit Challenging Executive Order 10 / Executive Order 10: Real Reasons Governors Dragged Buhari To Court / Executive Order 10: Buhari Bows To Governors’ Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by NOwazobia: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2022
He is using the Islamic Constitution which supercedes our National Constitution. undecided
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2022
JuanDeDios:

I didn't insult you. I only meant to tell you that the courts don't act on any issue unless someone approaches them to do so. Are you sure everything is okay with you? If not, feel free to speak out.
I didn't insult u either.. I only I'm indirectly asking why are u pained at what I said .. last time I checked I have freedom to express my self or speech
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by swagficient(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2022
I hope it's for the good of the country but I doubt it.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2022
ImDStar:
Nothing like Constitution in Nigeria, na do as you like and nothing will happen in as much you have money or power.
Is that what you think, You are still a kid living in penury?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by GardenOfGod(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2022
Why did they have to go to court and why did the Supreme Court decide on their favour? Illegality by the fed!!
fergie001:

I don't understand what you mean by steeping on their toes?

When the money for the House of Assembly and the Judiciary is paid directly to them, they don't need to go to the Governor begging for anything.

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:13am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
What of your birth day?
Comrade my birth day is legit.. it wasnt done by coercion or forceful conjugation like what the British did to this false contraption. Do u Gerrit?
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by unitysheart(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2022
Okay ó. Yeyenatu
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by otino(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2022
Now the court has spoken let's see whether baba will respect it.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:13am On Feb 11, 2022
aspabay:
The decree is supposed to favor the other arms of government. I am surprised the majority judgement went against it.

I tire oh
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by fergie001: 11:15am On Feb 11, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Why did they have to go to court and why did the Supreme Court decided on their favour? Illegality by the fed!!
If you go to the first quote you mentioned, I explained there that there was no way the FG was going to win the case.

The FG by Executive fiat cannot seem to fund the items under the Jurisdiction of the States.

I referenced the Emperors in the 36 States because if things were to be done well, do they need the FG telling them to give other arms of Government what is due them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Golan007: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Why did they have to go to court and why did the Supreme Court decide on their favour? Illegality by the fed!!

Did you read where it said there'll be no refund to the states?
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Bmaster(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2022
And when is federal govt going to pay the summer of #1 billion in damages to MNK as demanded by the high court sited at umuahia
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2022
fergie001:

This is because it hits them hard.

It was a one-way judgement.
The Constitution places State High Courts & Houses of Assembly under the purview of the State Executive.

Again, you know our 36 Emperors and what they are best at doing.

I don't understand the judgment. Are they saying that no financial autonomy for judiciary and legislature as envisaged by the constitution? Is the apex court foolish or what? At least I understand the point where they said that all expenses made by state govt will not be refunded

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:17am On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

Comrade my birth day is legit.. it wasnt done by coercion or forceful conjugation like what the British did to this false contraption
Your ancestors existence is illegitimate, which also makes you also illegitimate.

From your British analogy, You accept that your existence is a mistake for even been conceived in Nigeria, best bet, Togo or Republic du Benin would have been better for you, but sorry you are from Nigeria, only your parents you can blame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:18am On Feb 11, 2022
Bmaster:
And when is federal govt going to pay the summer of #1 billion in damages to MNK as demanded by the high court sited at umuahia
When you have paid your back taxes been owed & this year’s also.

Or are you not part of The Federal Government of Nigeria, we the Citizens of our beloved country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Golan007: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2022
otino:
Now the court has spoken let's see whether baba will respect it.

Do you even understand the issue?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Your ancestors existence is illegitimate, which also makes you also illegitimate.

You are a mistake for even been conceived in Nigeria, Togo or Republic du Benin would have been better for you, but sorry you are from Nigeria, only your parents you can blame.
Comrade u are quoting and writing in the non sense.. honestly I cudnt make any sense of the junks.. you can do much better

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Bmaster(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
When you have paid your back taxes been owed & this year’s also.
don't tell me you are expecting a queue at the tax office?

What's the essence of vAT?
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:20am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
What of your birth day?
You will just be going around saying nonsense.
Are you never tired?
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by contigiency(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2022
No problem, state governors should continue to high jack money meant for judiciary. Tomorrow, they will still blame the president for judiciary not having independent.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by do4luv14(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2022

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:22am On Feb 11, 2022
fergie001:

If you go to the first quote you mentioned, I explained there that there was no way the FG was going to win the case.

The FG by Executive fiat cannot seem to fund the items under the Jurisdiction of the States.

I referenced the Emperors in the 36 States because if things were to be done well, do they need the FG telling them to give other arms of Government what is due them?

The fg never said they will fund those arms.they. said money due to them will be deducted at source from the federation account from the portion of states not fg portion
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

Comrade u are quoting and writing in the non sense.. honestly I cudnt make any sense of the junks.. you can do much better
I wouldn’t expect a level 6 worker to understand the modus operandai of level 13 operations.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by do4luv14(m): 11:24am On Feb 11, 2022
E remain VAT,
and make our SS, and oil producing states united together and fight for VAT
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2022
do4luv14:

Am sure that last judge wey no support em six colleagues, nacho Tanko

It was actually a bad judgment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by fergie001: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:
I don't understand the judgment. Are they saying that no financial autonomy for judiciary and legislature as envisaged by the constitution? Is the apex court foolish or what? At least I understand the point where they said that all expenses made by state govt will not be refunded

“The Accountant-General of the Federation shall by this Order and such any other Orders, Regulations or Guidelines as may be issued by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, authorise the deduction from source in the course of Federation Accounts Allocation from the money allocated to any State of the Federation that fails to release allocation meant for the State Legislature and State Judiciary in line with the financial autonomy guaranteed by Section 121(3) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as Amended).”

Buhari's Order 10 expressly directs the Accountant-General of the Federation to deduct money for State Legislatures and Courts from Source.

It is unconstitutional because State Govs should have that responsibility.

garfield1:
The fg never said they will fund those arms.they. said money due to them will be deducted at source from the federation account from the portion of states not fg portion
By directing the Accountant-General of the Federation to do same, it seem to usurp the responsibility of States Govs.

It is not a judgement that should elicit excitement but it clearly violates provisions of the Constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by do4luv14(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:

It was actually a bad judgment

How, pls Explain
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:26am On Feb 11, 2022
Bmaster:
don't tell me you are expecting a queue at the tax office?

What's the essence of vAT?
Don’t tell me you are expecting The Federal Government of Nigeria to pay that Terrorist Ikenga Mazi Kanu, 1 kobo?

This is how you know the children that don’t know anything, is VAT personal income tax?
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:27am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
I wouldn’t expect a level 6 worker to understand the modus operandai of level 13 operations.
Lobarton.. you' ve proven to be too much of a low grade.. Pele

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by walemoney007(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2022
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pipeline Vandals Kill 10 DSS Operatives In Ogun / Over Our Dead Bodies Will Anambra Election Hold – BSS Leader, Ezekwesiri / Fayemi, El-Rufai, Amaechi Responsible For Ondo Crisis – Henry Olu Olatuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.