Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional (30122 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Suit Challenging Executive Order 10 / Executive Order 10: Real Reasons Governors Dragged Buhari To Court / Executive Order 10: Buhari Bows To Governors’ Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:29am On Feb 11, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You will just be going around saying nonsense.
Are you never tired?
Flee from them that use not the 6th sense. Aristotle.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adioolayi(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2022
We are back to square one....State Judiciary will have to fight for their own respective independence by themselves

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Bmaster(m): 11:31am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Don’t tell me you are expecting The Federal Government of Nigeria to pay that Terrorist Ikenga Mazi Kanu, 1 kobo?

This is how you know the children that don’t know anything, is VAT personal income tax?
I'll rather pay x2 of what that personal income tax means in a working society than ours
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2022
fergie001:

“The Accountant-General of the Federation shall by this Order and such any other Orders, Regulations or Guidelines as may be issued by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, authorise the deduction from source in the course of Federation Accounts Allocation from the money allocated to any State of the Federation that fails to release allocation meant for the State Legislature and State Judiciary in line with the financial autonomy guaranteed by Section 121(3) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as Amended).”

Buhari's Order 10 was the Accountant-General of the Federation will deduct money for State Legislatures and Courts from Source.

It is unconstitutional because State Govs should have that responsibility.

By directing the Accountant-General of the Federation to do same, it seem to usurp the responsibility of States.

It is not unconstitutional. It seems you have a problem with the authorization given to the accountant general.the supreme court is too rigid and selfish.they should be flexible.if the nass and federal courts are financially independent, then the ones at the states should follow suit.don't forget we are operating a federal system

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:33am On Feb 11, 2022
adioolayi:
We are back to square one....State Judiciary will have to fight for their own respective independence by themselves

At least it is on record that buhari tried to implement lg,state assemblies and legislative independence

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

Lobarton.. you' ve proven to be too much of a low grade.. Pele
Quarterback wannabe Critic, keep wailing, instead of getting your hustle on, because the lazy ones amongst the 210 million Sambos thinks the Federal Government of Nigeria owes them anything?

I believe you think you are Nikola Jokic “The Joker”?
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by do4luv14(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:

It was actually a bad judgment

pls explain
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:37am On Feb 11, 2022
Bmaster:
I'll rather pay x2 of what that personal income tax means in a working society than ours
Exactly my point, Uncle Sam exclaims “No taxation, no representation” so please shut the fuckery up since you don’t pay personal income tax in Nigeria.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Quarterback wannabe Critic, keep wailing, instead of getting your hustle on, because the lazy ones amongst the 210 million Sambos thinks the Federal Government of Nigeria owes them anything?

I believe you think you are Nikola Jokic “The Joker”?
Quoting and spilling trash as usual from a brain full of dust grin
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by muykem: 11:40am On Feb 11, 2022
Judiciary ruled against their own financial independent. Ok continue.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:

It was actually a bad judgment
And the naive Mumu masses are jubilating thinking it is President Buhari’s personal issue?

Well let the National Assembly amend that part of the Constitution that deals with the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

Quoting and spilling trash as usual from a brain full of dust grin
Why the smiling Emoji, I believe you must have been pained, trying to disguise?

Go & hustle, The Federal Republic of Nigeria owes you nothing, JFK best said it, it is not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Even ordinary short term service Nigerian Military You didn’t do, who takes people like you seriously?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by fergie001: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:
It is not unconstitutional. It seems you have a problem with the authorization given to the accountant general.the supreme court is too rigid and selfish.they should be flexible.if the nass and federal courts are financially independent, then the ones at the states should follow suit.don't forget we are operating a federal system
Someone like you should know that the Constitution is the grundnorm and is binding in this Country.

...the function of the Constitution is to establish a frame work and principles of government, broad and general in terms, intended to apply to the varying conditions which the development of our several society, and therefore mere technical rules of interpretation of statutes are to some extend inadmissible in a way so as to defeat the principles of government enshrined in the constitution."

No matter how painful the judgement is.....Does it conform with the provisions of the Constitution?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Kindledlight(m): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2022
aspabay:
The decree is supposed to favor the other arms of government. I am surprised the majority judgement went against it.

The majority will always go against it even though it favors the arm of government they belong because they are only interested in their own pocket and personal benefits.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by heniford2: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2022
FreestufsNG:
malami is a basterd
do you just cursed ur manchi cheesy angry
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2022
fergie001:

Someone like you should know that the Constitution is the grundnorm and is binding in this Country.

...the function of the Constitution is to establish a frame work and principles of government, broad and general in terms, intended to apply to the varying conditions which the development of our several society, and therefore mere technical rules of interpretation of statutes are to some extend inadmissible in a way so as to defeat the principles of government enshrined in the constitution."

No matter how painful the judgement is.....Does it conform with the provisions of the Constitution?

Exactly what I said, initiate the amendment of that part of the damn 1999 Constitution dealing with the judiciary via Executive Bill.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Why the smiling Emoji, I believe you must have been pained, trying to disguise?

Go & hustle, The Federal Republic of Nigeria owes you nothing, JFK best said it, it is not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Even ordinary short term service Nigerian Military You didn’t do, who takes people like you seriously?
Glorified mumu ranting and going completely off tangent and still feeling like he's making sense grin
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:52am On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

Glorified mumu ranting and still feeling like he's making sense grin
Nairaland no dey pay money for wailing, so keep ego tripping, no blessings for Wailers in the system.

Leave us alone in Nigeria & go to Ghana or Togo. Nonsense Almijirin.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Nairaland no dey pay money for wailing, so keep ego tripping, no blessings for Wailers in the system.

Leave us alone in Nigeria & go to Ghana or Togo. Nonsense Almijirin.
I have cow brain to sell to you for free grin shocked
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2022
fergie001:

Which part of the constitution gave the governors that power?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:56am On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

I have cow brain to sell to you for free grin shocked
Ok you are a meat seller, What of intestine is it available?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by garfield1: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2022
do4luv14:

pls explain

Buhari through that order gave the state assemblies and judiciary financial autonomy but the supreme court has nullified it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 11:58am On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:

Which part of the constitution gave the governors that power?
It must be there, if not the Supreme Court would have ruled otherwise.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by fergie001: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Exactly what I said, initiate the amendment of that part of the damn 1999 Constitution via Executive Bill.

Indispensable85:
These emperor governors will want to perpetually hold the state high courts and state assemblies to ransome.
I think the sleeping national assembly is to be blamed in all of this. The federal government didn't need to issue any order if the national assembly was alive to their duties.
It cannot work via Executive Bill. It falls under Section 9 of the 1999 Constitution.

You need four-fifths 2/3 members of each of the Senate & House of Reps AND two-thirds of the 36 State Houses of Assemblys (i.e. 24) to agree.

Will the Govs allow their puppets assent to it?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Indispensable85(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2022
These emperor governors will want to perpetually hold the state high courts and state assemblies to ransome.
I think the sleeping national assembly is to be blamed in all of this. The federal government didn't need to issue any order if the national assembly was alive to their duties.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:

Buhari through that order gave the state assemblies and judiciary financial autonomy but the supreme court has nullified it
Something the National Assembly should have addressed when the executive order was pronounced, instead it is electoral bill that is on their minds?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by do4luv14(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
garfield1:

what does that order meant, cos if they are free, who then pay their salaries, and might you, judgement might be for the highest bidder
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Ok you are a meat seller, What of intestine is it available?
All u need is just that cow brain only comrade. Trust me you will be ok and best categorized perfectly den as true Animal than a human being
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
do4luv14:

what does that order meant, cos if they are free, who then pay their salaries, and might you, judgement might be for the highest bidder
States that can’t pay ordinary primary school teachers are paying judges?

The money is allocated but goes through the state government to the Judiciary, just like the Local Governments demand, let our money come directly to us.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by adamsmith914: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
Laggafin:

All u need is just that cow brain only comrade. Trust me you will be ok and best categorized perfectly den as true Animal than a human being
I know, Ritualist I end this dialogue, waste of mental energy, Adieus Amigo.
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by SOFTENGR: 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
APC and illegality
Re: Supreme Court Declares Executive Order 10 Unconstitutional by Laggafin: 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
adamsmith914:
Ritualist I end this dialogue, waste of mental energy, Adieus Amigo.
True waste of Animal energy.. lol. When u have a human being brains.. u can come on here an engage me .. den we can have a fruitful discourse and exchange

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desecration Of Court: Group Asks CJN To Bar Judges From DSS Cases / On The Kwara Hijab Crisis - Reno Omokri Writes / Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.