Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities (1584 Views)

Massive Road Construction In Anambra, Obiano Continues Inspection Tour(photos) / Sanwo-Olu Begins Massive Road Construction In Ikorodu Axis / LASG Begins Massive Road Rehabilitation, Covering Of Manholes Across The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by edocommsorg: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2022
"We are making history not just because we are constructing another road; we have constructed so many roads in Edo State, but this road is special. Before now, we used to suffer the embarrassment of accessing Edo communities from Delta State.

“With this road, we can now access all the Edo communities in this region. This road is going to be an economic road because it is connecting oil-producing communities. Not just the communities but the activities that these companies bring. We are likely to see a road that will now begin to bring in more than just agricultural produce. It will also boost oil and gas production. This road is very unique in terms of the way we conceived it and it gives us hope.”

“This road is a joint venture and collaboration between Edo State Government, Edo State Oil and Gas Producing Areas Development Commission (EDSOGPADEC) and Enageed Resource Ltd, which is a partner to NNPC. The Edo State Government brought 30 per cent, EDSOGPADEC brought 30 per cent and Enageed is bringing 40 per cent.

“But this is not just about the money; it is the way we have come together in securing the contract for the road projects. It shows that our procurement in the state is of international standard because it meets the same standards NNPC uses in procuring their infrastructure.”

Recalling his administration’s past effort to deploy the same financing model in the reconstruction of the Benin-Abraka Road project, Obaseki said: “This is important to us and to me personally because of its unique structure. We tried to use this method about two years ago with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) for the Benin-Abraka Road. We proposed the same financing agreement. We established bank accounts, signed agreements and NDDC failed us.

“We didn't believe that this kind of structure can work. But we are now working with the NNPC and partners on the same financing structure and flagging off this road project today with the funds for this road project already in the bank, which gives us lots of hope and courage.

“Before now, the bulk of infrastructural development was done by the government but today you can see that we are creating innovative ways in partnering with the private sector and the federal government to create infrastructure.”

He told residents of the communities that will be linked by the road: “This is just the beginning. The best is yet to come. Let me assure Ikpako, Obateru, Evbuorokho, Abiala, Kolokolo, Ajamokha and Ajoki communities that we have already started the design of the road from Gelegele to connect Ekehuan Road and we are going to accelerate that work because of this one so that you will not have challenges in coming to the city.”

- Governor Godwin Obaseki

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Penguin2: 12:09pm On Feb 11, 2022
Obaseki dey fork up sha.

I’ve not seen any Edolite speaking good of him.

Or is there?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Elderniercri(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
Penguin2:
Obaseki dey fork up sha.

Or is there?

I stay in Edo State

I’m also from the state, I can tell you people who don’t talk good about him are those who just want what they can see immediately

His focus has been on creating clusters for production and for creatives

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by triple996(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
9ice
Very 9ice, edo sons and daughters are making me happy
It's far better than cannibalism grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Cantonese: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
EDSOGPADEC - very long and difficult to pronounce.

Again one wonders why Nigerians make such noise over this things that out to have been in place several years ago. They appropriate funds to celebrate the kickoff of projects and again on completion. All the time resources are wasted.

Considering that we lag behind in terms of infrastructural developments, these things are better faced with all the speed, strength and time available to keep us up to date with such structures in the developed countries.
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Penguin2: 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
Elderniercri:

I stay in Edo State

I’m also from the state, I can tell you people who don’t talk good about him are those who just want what they can see immediately

Thank you for this.

You know to some of us, if a governor is not building roads and painting schools, then he’s not working.

But they forget there’s more to governance than just building roads and big buildings.

There are governors that would be more interested in investments and human capital development. And that’s the kind of governor I would wanna be.
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by jowhyte(m): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2022
Don’t mind those bunch of enemies of Edo state. In as much as there are other areas I want him to do more for the state. Obaseki so far as been a performer. I leave around Aruogba, Ugbor - Amagba axis and I can say of a fact that what he said here is true and not lies like many paparazzi and camera show off governors will do.

Once he completes a project, it immediately becomes available for public use. He hardly commission or do camera show off.

Because he does not do the usual projects commissioning and all the camera show offs many think he is not working.

Look at the edo innovation and creation hub, look at the now revamp formerly dead technical school.

Is it in the area of human development like civil service training, improvement and capacity building and all?

At the present harsh economic reality of the present day Nigeria I don’t think Edo would have got a better prudent manager of the state resources than he is currently doing.

Off course more work still need to be done by him but so far so good he has been a performer

Elderniercri:

I stay in Edo State

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by jowhyte(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Even in the area of road I will still score him good. He not the type of politician that does projects show off and commissioning.

PZ, Eradiawa, Okabere, etc.

Most part of country home, limit, ugbor, aruoba, to obagie, to ogheghe to Sapele road to Obayantor axis then Amagba, linking it up with Sapele road to GRA down to Airport road axis to decongest the ever busy Sapele road and more are many of the ones I personally know off because I leave around this axis and they use to be in deplorable state.

To start with, these are long kilometers of roads but you hardly see him doing commissioning and paparazzi show off. He just completes these projects and people start using it without noise.

Penguin2:

Thank you for this.

You know to some of us, if a governor is not building roads and painting schools, then he’s not working.

But they forget there’s more to governance than just building roads and big buildings.

There are governors that would be more interested in investments and human capital development. And that’s the kind of governor I would wanna be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by tamdun: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
Elderniercri:

I stay in Edo State

If them ask una for evidence now, una go enter ghost mode, abi na secret project Obaseki dey execute? Ordinary pic una no fit post
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Penguin2: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
jowhyte:
Even in the area of road I will still score him good. He not the type of politician that does projects show off and commissioning.

Most part of country home, limit, ugbor, aruoba, to obagie, to ogheghe to Sapele road to Obayantor axis then Amagba, linking it up with Sapele road to GRA down to Airport road axis to decongest the ever busy Sapele road and more are many of the ones I personally know off because I leave around this axis and they use to be in deplorable state.

To start with, these are long kilometers of roads but you hardly see him doing commissioning and paparazzi show off. He just completes these projects and people start using it without noise.

Commendable!

I hereby take back my accusation of him forking up.

I guess Edolites are justified to have voted him a second time.
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by gaby(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
jowhyte:

Nostalgia...

See as you reel out my hood names...i miss my country home, limit, Ugbor, and GRA

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by gaby(m): 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
tamdun:

If them ask una for evidence now, una go enter ghost mode, abi na secret project Obaseki dey execute? Ordinary pic una no fit post

The best Governor since Ambrose Ali.

Take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Elderniercri(m): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2022
tamdun:

This pictures you’re seeing is for the tech park… I was there personally and I’ve since applied through Decagon to be part of the new intake

You can check Decagon’s website, you literally have an option for a student loan once you’re accepted in the park…you’ll be given accommodation and stipends during your stay in the facility with everything you need for your training… once you’re done, they try to facilitate your employment so you can be able to pay back… I applied last year as you must know it’s very competitive.

The creative hub, I had a friend who went for the concert and he’s told me about that one too… it’s at airport road you can go check it out…it’s in the same space with observer newspaper

Production hub is at sapele road..I also have a bros who’s benefiting from that

My younger brothers attended BTC…in fact my elder brother went there too, it’s totally different… I’ve checked it out too

See what you should do is try to check those things out.. I assure you, they’re not audio projects

NB: Please I’m not into politics or a politician, I’m just saying what I know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Elderniercri(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
Penguin2:

Thank you for this.

Bro d tin is I don’t do politics, I just say what I see or what I can verify from close friends too

My younger brothers attended that BTC, you should go there… if he can build all the state schools like that sch ehn

Edo will have the best sch infrastructure in the country
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Elderniercri(m): 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
jowhyte:
Don’t mind those bunch of enemies of Edo state. In as much as there are other areas I want him to do more for the state. Obaseki so far as been a performer. I leave around Aruogba, Ugbor - Amagba axis and I can say of a fact that what he said here is true and not lies like many paparazzi and camera show off governors will do.

Once he completes a project, it immediately becomes available for public use. He hardly commission or do camera show off.

Because he does not do the usual projects commissioning and all the camera show offs many think he is not working.

Look at the edo innovation and creation hub, look at the now revamp formerly dead technical school.

Is it in the area of human development like civil service training, improvement and capacity building and all?

At the present harsh economic reality of the present day Nigeria I don’t think Edo would have got a better prudent manager of the state resources than he is currently doing.

Off course more work still need to be done by him but so far so good he has been a performer

If sapele road block I dy sometimes dy follow that side… if u follow opp ogba zoo enter

Boss e b like nylon… I say if God bless me, I fit cos of that road buy land and build for that side

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
Elderniercri:

I stay in Edo State

Lies.
Obaseki is the worst thing that has ever happened to Edo State. The State is presently on auto pilot. What the Op posted here is audio project. No meaningful development in the State.

Touts and Agberos have taking over the State. Double taxation everywhere with nothing to show for it. If Obaseki is to recontest for election, he won't get up to 100 votes.

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
gaby:

The best Governor since Ambrose Ali.

Take that to the bank.

It's either you are Obaseki or his Wife Betsy. No dey lie on the internet. No be only you know Edo.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2022
edocommsorg:
"We are making history not just because we are constructing another road; we have constructed so many roads in Edo State, but this road is special. Before now, we used to suffer the embarrassment of accessing Edo communities from Delta State.

“With this road, we can now access all the Edo communities in this region. This road is going to be an economic road because it is connecting oil-producing communities. Not just the communities but the activities that these companies bring. We are likely to see a road that will now begin to bring in more than just agricultural produce. It will also boost oil and gas production. This road is very unique in terms of the way we conceived it and it gives us hope.”

“This road is a joint venture and collaboration between Edo State Government, Edo State Oil and Gas Producing Areas Development Commission (EDSOGPADEC) and Enageed Resource Ltd, which is a partner to NNPC. The Edo State Government brought 30 per cent, EDSOGPADEC brought 30 per cent and Enageed is bringing 40 per cent.

“But this is not just about the money; it is the way we have come together in securing the contract for the road projects. It shows that our procurement in the state is of international standard because it meets the same standards NNPC uses in procuring their infrastructure.”

Recalling his administration’s past effort to deploy the same financing model in the reconstruction of the Benin-Abraka Road project, Obaseki said: “This is important to us and to me personally because of its unique structure. We tried to use this method about two years ago with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) for the Benin-Abraka Road. We proposed the same financing agreement. We established bank accounts, signed agreements and NDDC failed us.

“We didn't believe that this kind of structure can work. But we are now working with the NNPC and partners on the same financing structure and flagging off this road project today with the funds for this road project already in the bank, which gives us lots of hope and courage.

“Before now, the bulk of infrastructural development was done by the government but today you can see that we are creating innovative ways in partnering with the private sector and the federal government to create infrastructure.”

He told residents of the communities that will be linked by the road: “This is just the beginning. The best is yet to come. Let me assure Ikpako, Obateru, Evbuorokho, Abiala, Kolokolo, Ajamokha and Ajoki communities that we have already started the design of the road from Gelegele to connect Ekehuan Road and we are going to accelerate that work because of this one so that you will not have challenges in coming to the city.”

- Governor Godwin Obaseki

Other Governors are busy commissioning projects everywhere. Obaseki is still busy scamming the people of Edo State. With no good project to his credit.

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
Penguin2:
Obaseki dey fork up sha.

Or is there?

He is the worst Governor in this Country. Ikpeazu of Abia and Yahaya Bello are better than him by far.

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
Elderniercri:

I stay in Edo State

Lies.
Obaseki is a total failure. He is incompetent and clueless.

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
jowhyte:

Most of the roads you mentioned was constructed by Oshiomole. The few ones Obaseki did are few hundred meters long and they are substandard.

1 Like

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by gaby(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
shortIGBOman:

It's either you are Obaseki or his Wife Betsy. No dey lie on the internet. No be only you know Edo.

Obaseki is the kind of Governor Nigeria needs.

No fee money.

Politics isn't a career for couch potatoes who'd be waiting for their share of the monthly locations to share and flex with...

That's his only sin.

Make una go find legit work do and make politics a people-oriented service rendering endeavour.

The days of free money all on the name that na we make am Governor is gone.

Today's Edo is all about Administration, not political governance.

It seems strange and annoying I know, but we'll all be better for it in the long run.
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by gaby(m): 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Most of the roads you mentioned was constructed by Oshiomole. The few ones Obaseki did are few hundred meters long and they are substandard.

You can tell this to non Edos...

No wahala..
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hi
gaby:

No fee money.

Politics isn't a career for couch potatoes who'd be waiting for their share of the monthly locations to share and flex with...

That's his only sin.

Make una go find legit work do and make politics a people-oriented service rendering endeavour.

It seems strange and annoying I know, but we'll all be better for it in the long run.

God forbid.
People like Obaseki can only rule Edo People. The man no qualify to be a Chairman in other States. Edo is not truly Lagos. His incompetence is second to none.

Edo People should blame Oshiomole for bringing such a disgrace to the People of Edo.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by Indispensable85(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
Four people partnered to do a short road and that becomes history? Clowns!

Some clowns in Edo State need to travel out of their cocoon to see what performance is.
Even a war zone like Bornu has recorded far more development.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by tamdun: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2022
shortIGBOman:

grin

4 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
Indispensable85:
Four people partnered to do a short road and that becomes history? Clowns!

Some clowns in Edo State need to travel out of their cocoon to see what performance is.
Even a war zone like Bornu has recorded far more development.

You dey mind am. Even Obaseki's wife won't praise him like this. Cause She knows that Obaseki did nothing in Edo State. And my problem with them is, them no dey travel. That's why they are comfortable with all the rubish their Governor is doing.

No wonder, they were comparing Edo with Lagos. When they say, Edo no be Lagos grin grin grin You can't even compare the present Edo with Kogi. Cause Yahaya Bello did far better than Obaseki.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
gaby:

No fee money.

That's his only sin.

See the "WORLD CLASS" few Roads your Almighty Governor of Edo built. grin grin grin

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by JAMO84: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Mr three credit

Audio governor

Scammed them with Edo no be Lagos, Oba ga tope, Oba ga to pole wire.

CLOWNS

2 Likes

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by gaby(m): 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
shortIGBOman:

See the "WORLD CLASS" few Roads your Almighty Governor of Edo built. grin grin grin

Yeah, you are right.

Now, run along..
Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
gaby:

Yeah, you are right.

Now, run along..

Osamuyi, post 5 Projects Obaseki did in Edo and I will send you 10.

Re: Edo Makes History With Massive Road Project To Open Up Oil Producing Communities by shortIGBOman: 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2022
JAMO84:
Mr three credit

Audio governor

Scammed them with Edo no be Lagos, Oba ga tope, Oba ga to pole wire.

CLOWNS

Aswear the Guy na first class Yahoo man. The scamming na first grade. Edo no be Lagos truly. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Supporting Women!!! (pics) / Reno Omokri: Tinubu Is A Fraudster And A Drug Lord (photos) / Tinubu’s 2children With $2M Condo In Obodo Oyibo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.