Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32898 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by chubbyswit(m): 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
niel63:

I don't think it's entirely based on luck bro. I'd go with the fact that it's based on hardwork and trusting your own value.

Honestly, I know how typical Nigerian clients can be but omo, if you know what you know and give them what they know is true, you'll be the number one person they'll refer their friends to.

I've had someone insist that I host his website on my own server... now you see how I technically sold 2 services? Funny thing is, my server has an almost perfect uptime except from when there's an error in the server kennel updates or other minor issues, which most times I enter better SSH and sys-admin mode... not an expert but I know enough to power a solution.

Adding all these, comparing to other services abroad which they might or might not have used before.

The honest truth is to educate your clients on what you proffer as services

Modified: Some of my clients are now requesting I build their private hosting to accommodate all their websites, app and emails. They are all running away from shared hosting. grin grin

I have a client who paid me just 35k for website design in 2015 and as at 2021, she paid about $700... what do you think changed?
Value!

Modified again: Shey you know there are people who wants a wedding website here in Nigeria? Now this isn't a business website or anything. A wedding website. How long do you think they need it for? But they still had it done. Wedding don pass, domain don expire since but the *rsvp* and *qrcode* invite thing I did for them worked. So e no really matter.
well, maybe there are but I have not encountered them especially when it comes to 2d animation services which I offer. I prefer working with foreign clients mostly because of this issue.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by McTobe(m): 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thanks for this my mail is
Tomahawk99:

Yes most lab work you need knowledge and use of Linux.
Let's keep in touch, i can share a few learning resources with you and my experiences. I'm based in Abuja, i work freelance and still do a lot of study when am not working.
I hardly find people with interest in penetration testing even though it's one of the most lucrative fields in IT.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
McTobe:
Thanks for this. I highly appreciate I can mail you if you don’t mind

Make sure you have a very very very honest intention to learn pentesting. It's a very sensitive role and given the reputation of Nigerians been fraudsters, you might struggle to get jobs. But if you are consistent and persistent about it, and keep a very visible online presence to show some level of credibility ; the sky will not be your limit. It will only be a stepping stone
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by McTobe(m): 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thank you. You are correct. Reputation is everything, a whole lot depends on it.
airsaylongcome:

Make sure you have a very very very honest intention to learn pentesting. It's a very sensitive role and given the reputation of Nigerians been fraudsters, you might struggle to get jobs. But if you are consistent and persistent about it, and keep a very visible online presence to show some level of credibility ; the sky will not be your limit. It will only be a stepping stone
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by FishFisher: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
TroubleMaker47:

Download sololearn on Google app store. Thank me later
I just need a mentor who I can chat with always for guidance too
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2022
niel63:

grin grin grin

That's another thing to talk about. For me, I don't lock client's site oo as long as there's been a commitment even though you owe me.
I believe every reasonable individual should be able to follow through in an agreement. The work has been done, I don already put in my efforts. Keeping, locking or limiting access to the site or project is what I don't do.
What's really the point if you asked me though.

Nice mindset. I've had a few experiences along those lines.

For the infrastructure, beside power, it better to rent.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
chubbyswit:
well, maybe there are but I have not encountered them especially when it comes to 2d animation services which I offer. I prefer working with foreign clients mostly because of this issue.

There are many nice Nigerian clients. Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians, everyone wants to work with foreign clients but the foreigners are getting scared, now Nigerians are putting up proxy profiles just to get jobs.

I gave out a job to a guy which he sublet to another designer @ 40% of what I offered. I knew when the project owner was delaying payment, and this is someone that come out tomorrow to speak bad of clients.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
Vondata:
To be sincere, web development is becoming stale....so much competition there....
With a domain and Hosting, I earn too little because there r others who will even pay less.
5k is within the gain range after deducting domain and hosting

Munzy14:

Na so naija things dey be...Ones you start up something, everyother person will follow up without being creative..

Back in 2009, computer science was a hot cake, but today so many computer science graduate are not even doing anything related to it...They bastardized the whole thing.

For this Nigerian, soon programming and developing will website will go as cheap as free...just soon.. grin

100 people hustling for one position, the pay go reduce...Because labour supplied has out numbered labour demanded.

cheesy grin grin
Some 15 years ago I could make about 150k daily. Guess what that same job will earn you about 10k daily or even less today. The key is to know when to move on, IT jobs calls for constantly updating your skillset. One of the reasons I left for other things for some time.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by OlawaleBammie: 1:49am On Feb 15, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

I would take it obviously but my reason for taking it would not be because I want to offset 250k bills.

so ur reason would be to take am drink beer abi??

Goan sidan bro, u bn talking like u know it all. Otedola pikin
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by XploraBen(m): 9:29am On Feb 15, 2022
qtguru:

Method 1: Deels

Client pay me there as contractor

method 2: DOM Account

They send to my DOM and I sell to BDC

Method 3: Wise

I send to my Wise and sell to a friend who sells the cash on Lemonade

Method 4: Bank ( Only do this if you are desperate)
My DOM can convert to naira except that this uses official rate.

My Advice

Get a DOM Account
Try and get a Wise Account

and find people who you can sell to, trusted friends. I have colleagues outside the country so it is easy for me
What about using Payoneer?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2022
XploraBen:

Payoneer customer service is bad for me, but if it works for you, then good. Since the WireAG issue i don't trust Payoneer
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by XploraBen(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
qtguru:

Payoneer customer service is bad for me, but if it works for you, then good. Since the WireAG issue i don't trust Payoneer
Hmmm... Okay.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by chubbyswit(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Studymore123:

There are many nice Nigerian clients. Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians, everyone wants to work with foreign clients but the foreigners are getting scared, now Nigerians are putting up proxy profiles just to get jobs.

I gave out a job to a guy which he sublet to another designer @ 40% of what I offered. I knew when the project owner was delaying payment, and this is someone that come out tomorrow to speak bad of clients.
what works for A might not work for B, and Like I said earlier, I have been working as a professional animator for the past three years and all my clients both new and old know that I am from nigeria. And I can tell you this, your clients won't be scared if you are honest, trustworthy, hard working and transparent with your business. And they will most of the time pay you well for your values worth, but working with Nigerian clients most of the time is another story, maybe those ones in your area of specialization that you have encountered, I presume in this case programming are different.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by JJOF(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Codeye:
Please anyone who is willing to teach. I need skills computer related skills
If you're on Twitter, check @Kynsofficial

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by AshleyJohnson13: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2022
I try to contact the developers only as a last resort, because for me their services are quite expensive. I contacted a development company just to have a website for an online store. Now I mainly use Magento plugins developed by Amasty. They have a huge number of great plugins on their site, like free product, that I can easily instal, and if I have any problems, there is always 90 days of free technical support.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by SEXONLY: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
Sorry for my late response. Lagos is my location.

nickyvil:

Location??
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by avalon7(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
XploraBen:

If you are a freelancer you definitely need a DOM account even if you have Payoneer. If you withdraw from your Payoneer to your dom account you can withdraw the dollar cash then change it at 565+ at BDEs but if you withdraw from your Payoneer to a naira account Payoneer will use 406/dollar or less to convert for you
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by avalon7(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
qtguru:

Method 1: Deels

Client pay me there as contractor

method 2: DOM Account

They send to my DOM and I sell to BDC

Method 3: Wise

I send to my Wise and sell to a friend who sells the cash on Lemonade

Method 4: Bank ( Only do this if you are desperate)
My DOM can convert to naira except that this uses official rate.

My Advice

Get a DOM Account
Try and get a Wise Account

and find people who you can sell to, trusted friends. I have colleagues outside the country so it is easy for me

Which bank do you have a DOM account in? I have a zenith DOM account but it is quite limited.
Why do you sell your wise funds? Are you unable to withdraw from your wise to your dom account?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
avalon7:

Which bank do you have a DOM account in? I have a zenith DOM account but it is quite limited.
Why do you sell your wise funds? Are you unable to withdraw from your wise to your dom account?

Gtb , I sell my wise funds cuz I need naira , no Wise cannot send to Nigeria CBN policy but grey.co works but expensive for me
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by nickyvil: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
SEXONLY:
Sorry for my late response. Lagos is my location.

Where in lagos
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by XploraBen(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
avalon7:

If you are a freelancer you definitely need a DOM account even if you have Payoneer. If you withdraw from your Payoneer to your dom account you can withdraw the dollar cash then change it at 565+ at BDEs but if you withdraw from your Payoneer to a naira account Payoneer will use 406/dollar or less to convert for you
I get the point now, thanks for clarifying it.

But please can you put me through on how to create a domiciliary account?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Missionaire: 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
XploraBen:

I get the point now, thanks for clarifying it.

But please can you put me through on how to create a domiciliary account?

Oga, go to your bank na.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by XploraBen(m): 6:20am On Feb 19, 2022
Missionaire:

Oga, go to your bank na.
Thanks.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by XploraBen(m): 6:21am On Feb 19, 2022
Missionaire:

Oga, go to your bank na.
Thanks man.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by mrfizy(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
niel63:

Wedding don pass, domain don expire since but the *rsvp* and *qrcode* invite thing I did for them worked. So e no really matter.
Good afternoon,if you don't mind,I will like to see a sample or samples of the wedding websites you did.
Thanks.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Excel70: 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
qtguru:

Gtb , I sell my wise funds cuz I need naira , no Wise cannot send to Nigeria CBN policy but grey.co works but expensive for me
Happy birthday, thanks for the great things you do for the youth
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by niel63(m): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
mrfizy:

Good afternoon,if you don't mind,I will like to see a sample or samples of the wedding websites you did.
Thanks.

The domain is expired already... the wedding was like 2020
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Angeldemon: 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
avalon7:

Yes "ordinary 200k" which is about $400. You sound like an employer and if you are then you are one of the people i was referring to.

If we Nigerian devs were not good at what we do then employers in the US and Europe won't be looking for our services.

People like you in your IGNORANCE always try to insult the profession. If a dev knows the job and can deliver you should pay that person their fair wage! If you can't pay then do it yourself.

in your IGNORANCE and true show that you lack awareness of IT making the world a global village you have forgotten that what you arrogantly call small wage someone in america, mexico, india, china will collect and write better code that you.
I dont need to do it myselof.

be waiting to make millions of dollars on one job. You want to be mark zuckerberg overnight
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by SEXONLY: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dopemu area.

nickyvil:

Where in lagos
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by nickyvil: 6:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
SEXONLY:
Dopemu area.

Far from me
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by SEXONLY: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Where are you?

nickyvil:

Far from me
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Ebuka5: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Good day please I want to learn pentesting can I mail you
So you help me with resources please

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team / Microcontrollers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.