Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming (3767 Views)

What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2022
I was a struggling fresh graduate when I was introduced to pineapple farming

I planted about 15,000 pineapple suckers around June 2020, followed due process of it's farming.

Last year, I induced it all, and about 12,000 of the pineapple stands started fruiting, at first I was scared of how to sell 12,000 fruits, but when I started getting intouch with fruit sellers in my area, I was able to get many customers even more than what I needed.

I harvested over 10,000 fruits at ones and sold in dozens, I have about 600 dozens bigger sizes of pineapple fruits which I sold for ₦6000 per dozen.
I realized approximately ₦3,600,000 on just 600 dozens of bigger sizes fruits
I still have some smaller sizes left which I sold for ₦3000 per dozen

Planting just 15,000 suckers, and harvested about 12,000 fruits after spending about 700k on the farm.

Now I believe what some pineapple farmer always say, pineapple farming is a cool money investment...

Pineapple farming is a lucrative agrobusiness, invest in it if you have the opportunity.

Incase you wish to confirm all have typed here
Contact Sarsam farm osogbo osun state on 08107779790
Below is my farm during harvesting and sales

3 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Hezzyluv: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
Congratulations.

Someone in thi platform kept saying
"Any kind of agriculture is live"

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by duro4chang(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
Pineapple is seasonal. What do you do during off season?
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Nikkganc08(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
Nice one.

I love seeing people make progress

The problem is usually that 'money' needed to make money.

As a fresh graduate that's posting on nairaland, you didn't explain how u got d 700k you said you invested into the farm.

How you readily got such size of land.

And a whole lot of other stuffs.

And pls, Don't tell me u saved your NYSC allawee for the whole year in order to get d 700k.

As for me, I would have suggested you continued with d business that gave u d 700k.

Instead, you double, triple or do a x10 of your capital for bigger profits.

PS: I'm not doubting u at all

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
duro4chang:
Pineapple is seasonal. What do you do during off season?

Yes it's seasonal to some pineapple farmers, but in my own case I make it fruit whenever I want
There's production all year round
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by duro4chang(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
Agricmatter:

Yes it's seasonal to some pineapple farmers, but in my own case I make it fruit whenever I want
There's production all year round
That is good. I live in Lagos but have a land very close to osogbo. I will contact you later.
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
Nikkganc08:
Nice one.

I love seeing people make progress

The problem is usually that 'money' needed to make money.

As a fresh graduate that's posting on nairaland, you didn't explain how u got d 700k you said you invested into the farm.

How you readily got such size of land.

Am a while lot other stuffs.

And pls, Don't tell me u saved your NYSC allawee for the whole year in order to get d 700k.

As for me, I would have suggested you continued with d business that gave u d 700k.

Instead, you double, triple or do a x10 of your capital for bigger profits.

PS: I'm not doubting u at all

Thanks for this question
I never save my nysc alawee ( ₦19,800 then) to start up my farm, and as a matter of fact, after nysc I was able to save just 40k

The issue of farming came up when a brother that has been in the pineapple farming for a while introduced me to it and learn about it
I started mine with the little I was saving after setting up farm for people.
And also the 700k is not something I just have and pour in the farm at ones
It's a gradual spending

I hope you understand

4 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
duro4chang:
That is good. I live in Lagos but have a land very close to osogbo. I will contact you later.
Alright will be expecting
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by NoApology(m): 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2022
How many plots are you farming on please?
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
NoApology:
How many plots are you farming on please?

I started with 1 acre (6plots)
Now I have 7 acres presently and still expanding more

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Ajeeb: 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
iamDrRhymes:
Nothing beat the joy of breaking through in life, after failure upon failure. May God answer those who pray to him for a better life. Congratulations OP!

Meanwhile, I am giving out over 15 books, videos and other helpful material for FREE to those ready to start Affiliate Marketing.

First come, first serve!

..hi
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Ajeeb: 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
Agricmatter:

I planted about 15,000 pineapple suckers around June 2020, followed due process of it's farming.

Last year, I induced it all, and about 12,000 of the pineapple stands started fruiting, at first I was scared of how to sell 12,000 fruits, but when I started getting intouch with fruit sellers in my area, I was able to get many customers even more than what I needed.

I harvested over 10,000 fruits at ones and sold in dozens, I have about 600 dozens bigger sizes of pineapple fruits which I sold for ₦6000 per dozen.

Planting just 15,000 suckers, and harvested about 12,000 fruits after spending about 700k on the farm.

Now I believe what some pineapple farmer always say, pineapple farming is a cool money investment...

Pineapple farming is a lucrative agrobusiness, invest in it if you have the opportunity.

You need a worker?
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ajeeb:

You need a worker?

Yearly workers are needed
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Nikkganc08(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2022
Agricmatter:

Thanks for this question
I never save my nysc alawee ( ₦19,800 then) to start up my farm, and as a matter of fact, after nysc I was able to save just 40k

The issue of farming came up when a brother that has been in the pineapple farming for a while introduced me to it and learn about it
I started mine with the little I was saving after setting up farm for people.
And also the 700k is not something I just have and pour in the farm at ones
It's a gradual spending

I hope you understand

Thanks for the clarification.
Wish u d best sir.

We'd get there someday.

I no get land.

I no get 700k.

In God we trust
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Alberttahir: 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
Congratulations.
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Phantom042: 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
Buying one acre of land here no go be beans
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2022
Agricmatter:

Pineapple farming is Gold
Invest in it
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by akanke79: 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2022
Agricmatter:

Please how much was the 15,000 suckers and the farmland per acre?
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
akanke79:

Please how much was the 15,000 suckers and the farmland per acre?

Per sucker is ₦30

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by akanke79: 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
Agricmatter:

Per sucker is ₦30
Thanks
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
akanke79:

Thanks

You welcome
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by gbemiga1(m): 12:35am On Mar 15, 2022
How many suckers needed per plot? How much is needed to start on just a plot or 2 plots? Thanks.
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2022
gbemiga1:
How many suckers needed per plot? How much is needed to start on just a plot or 2 plots? Thanks.

For the 2 plots, you need about 2000 suckers
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by NoApology(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Can i get your contact please? You can reach me via umehmj@gmail.com
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Agricmatter:

Pineapple farming is highly lucrative
Invest in it
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
Agricmatter:

It's another rainy season
Plan to venture into agriculture
Pineapple farming is the new oil
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2022
Agricmatter:

Contact Sarsam farm for more enquiry about lucrative pineapple farming
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Lacorelimited: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
I love this post. This is exactly what I've been looking for.
I have a small young palm plantation and have been looking for what to intercrop to utilize the space. I've been spending money on weed control without interplanting something that'll yield revenue.
Now I think pineapple is a must plant there. I want to plant a one acre capacity of pineapple out of the farm.
How can I get the suckers, what did you use to induce their production, what did you apply to get them to produce when desired?

Thanks.
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by dbestuncle: 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Agricmatter:

Per sucker is ₦30

That means you spent more than 700k as the sucker alone is 30*15000=
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by africanman85: 2:09am On Apr 11, 2022
Do you weed d farm and how many times before harvesting ?
Re: How I Made My First Million With Pineapple Farming by Agricmatter(m): 5:59am On Apr 11, 2022
africanman85:
Do you weed d farm and how many times before harvesting ?

Yes I weed manually and biologically
It's a continuous weeding till harvesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Any Nigeria Bank Truly Operate A Toll Free Customer Care Number / How To Make It Big In Network Marketing Business / Professional Debt Recovery Outfit Presently In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.