Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 (15739 Views)

2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn / FG To Spend N269.38bn On Six Million Free Meters / The Snake That Swallowed Thirty Six Million Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2022

Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022

LAGOS – The Lagos State Government has introduced a new Resident Identification Card for Lagosians in order to plan appropriately and curb criminalities in the state.

The government also said projected that no fewer than six million Lagos residents would access the new ID card by the end of 2022.

The government however said that for those who have already enrolled for the resident cards in the past, they only needed to update their registration to be qualified for the new card.

Engr. Ibilola Kasumu, the General Manager, Lagos State Registration Agency (LASRRA) stated these on Friday at the agency’s office at Alausa, Ikaja, Lagos.

According to her, the government in conjunction with Sterling Bank Plc has already printed three million new ID cards with enhanced security features and chips to be distributed to Lagos residents on completion of registration.

Kasumu explained that the ID cards would enable the State Government to create data base for its system and could be used for multiple purposes of assessing government facilities, improves social welfare and create opportunities for financial inclusion for residents.

She explained that the project, which was approved in December 2019, was the first of its kind in Africa and came with 28 applets, including banks, shopping malls, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and for transportation among others.

She assured that the ID cards came with proven security features for users, adding that the cards were produced with high integrity.

The government also said projected that no fewer than six million Lagos residents would access the new ID card by the end of 2022.

The government however said that for those who have already enrolled for the resident cards in the past, they only needed to update their registration to be qualified for the new card.

She assured that the ID cards came with proven security features for users, adding that the cards were produced with high integrity.

Kasumu explained further that residents could register for the cards at all the 57 Local Governments and Local Council Development Areas (LCDA) across the state, while the government had also partnered with 16 private sector companies to make it faster and seamless.

She said: “We are partnering with a local printing company for the cards. Also, the card encourages security as we also work with the security agencies. The card is also good for students, the elderly people and the working class in our environment. Rather than carrying multiple cards, this card can serve as a multi-purpose.

“Also, it has 28 applets and other 25 applets are still being considered for the project. Every card comes with a wallet. For those who already enrolled, they need to validate their cards in case anything has changed in the former ID card.

Kasumu explained that the new ID cards can be received within two weeks of registration.

Statistics released by the agency indicated that out of the 24.6 million Lagosians, only, 4.46 million enrolled for the former ID card, indicating 5.51 per cent of the total populace, while 3.25 million residents were awaiting validation and 1.04 million were certified good to go by the system.

Also, the first set of the cards would be launched by the end of March 2022 in the state.
https://independent.ng/lagos-introduces-resident-card-targets-six-million-registration-registrations-in-2022/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Jostoman: 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
We know the scope already. They want to start to dey register people and be giving them Voters Card. No be today e don tey

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2022

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Jostoman:
We know the scope already

What is the "scope" other than provision of more effective solutions for the administration of 24 million people in the smallest State in Nigeria?

Abeg take your negativity elsewhere. Great news especially the connectivity, extensive usage potentials, functionality and customisable interface of the ID card.

Megacities of the world have similar. Lagos once again setting the pace.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by achi4u(m): 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
I know what they're up right now.
. Divide this contraption

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Charleys: 11:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
So I need a resident card to stay in Lagos... Hahahaha

How much?

What happened to national ID?
Anoda Alpha Beta Omega come 2023 elections

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 12, 2022
achi4u:
I know what they're up right now.
. Divide this contraption

What are they up to? Is there any news at all, however developmentally good such is, that you paranoid haters can view positively and objectively?

In case it is not obvious, this is a big step forward towards a synchronized system that provide several solutions including improved security. Very vital regarding where Nigeria is heading vis a vis unacceptable lawlessness and total breakdown of security.

Lagos, "no man's land", is becoming too lawless with people free to come here, from anywhere on planet Earth, to commit crime and social vices safe in the knowledge they cannot be traced let alone brought to book.

You guys in the SE can persevere with what you have if you want since it seems you lot prefer backwardness and regression. Next time just ignore these sort of threads abeg.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 12, 2022
Charleys:
So I need a resident card to stay in Lagos... Hahahaha

How much?

What happened to national ID?
Anoda Alpha Beta Omega come 2023 elections

Lagos, with 24 million people in the smallest Nigerian State, needs her own internal ID sytem synchronized for use with other resources like transport etal.

If you truly love Lagos and the life it gives you, then you will comply with whatever has to be done to tackle lawlessness and make the city safer, more productive and easier to run for the benefit of all law-abiding Lagosian.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by realstars: 12:18am On Feb 12, 2022
End time RID card. My Grand Pa' never see this in their time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 12, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Tinubu........

[img]https://c./4gwGPGOkq-0AAAAC/tax-day-taxes-due.gif[/img]

Yes OO. Tinubu is behind it. Still better than unknown gunmen, unknown ESN gangs , unknown mkpurumiri menaces, unknown drug smugglers, unknown rapists, unknown cannibals, unknown killers, unknown human organ traders, unknown ashawos and unknown criminals walking around as is the case in your backward region.

Obvious you people love regression, lawlessness and backwardness from the comments of you and your fellow IPOBians here.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by FreeStuffsNG: 12:37am On Feb 12, 2022
This is what we have been clamouring for especially in the aftermath of jail breaks caused by ipob terrorists group and their terrorist attack on Lagos during the endsars. One of the prisoners set free by ipob terrorists was rearrested in Lagos because of the vigilance of the security officers. This kind of project will make it easier to identify new entrants into Lagos for security and community profiling

Upgrade of this project is better late than never and I commend Lagos State Government. I particularly commend HE Sanwo Olu for following through with this after all the effort HE Fashola and HE Ambode made in this regard.

Please bring your investments to Lagos today.

In Lagos, your investments are safe and guaranteed of great returns.

We are a very hospitable people and we have the best city run economy in Africa in terms of GDP. We have a vibrant population with many beaches and great food!

Please invest in Lagos today.

Thank you.
May God bless you.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by kettykin: 12:47am On Feb 12, 2022
Rather than this , Lagos State should spear head the restructuring of Nigeria, in a restructured Nigeria where everything works, Lagos would be for lagosians .a lot of people are in Lagos because of the lopsided federal structure of Nigeria where i have to leave the sea port closest to me to import goods for my warehouse , often times i have to travel to another city for consular services and to use international airport. This is the fraud under which a lot of people come to Lagos

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by LILTJAY1: 1:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Time to send abokis and flatheadss back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by FreeStuffsNG: 1:12am On Feb 12, 2022
kettykin:
Rather than this , Lagos State should spear head the restructuring of Nigeria, in a restructured Nigeria where everything works, Lagos would be for lagosians .a lot of people are in Lagos because of the lopsided federal structure of Nigeria where i have to leave the sea port closest to me to import goods for my warehouse , often times i have to travel to another city for consular services and to use international airport. This is the fraud under which a lot of people come to Lagos

Sir, Lagos has always led the struggle for true federalism and it costs us a lot. One case in point was the creation of LCDAS which was championed by Lagos, when the chips were down we were abandoned by other states like Delta, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa that quickly cancelled their LCDAs and our LG allocations were siezed. Another one was when we built our own independent power system, FG insisted that the power must be channelled through the central grid and shared all over the federation. How about resource control championed by Asiwaju, it was that fight that further helped in the 13% resource allocation we have today. Lagos has free education and health and never discriminate against indigenes of other states. If you go to our public schools now, a lot of indigenes of other states outside our Odua states are there.

Lagos has been fighting for others but when it comes to reward Lagos, bigoted tribesmen bring tribalism into it . We have been appealing for special status because of the huge burden we carry yet others Lagos is supporting will oppose it in the NA.

Right now,Lagos is facing her priorities and has joined its kith and kin in Odua States to form the DAWN strategy and we hope that when other states outside the SW are ready, we will join them.

Lagos was fighting for the rest of Nigeria that it even forgot to be part of the owner states of Odua Investment Group until about 5 years ago!

Such new thinking has helped Lagos move faster like quickly joining Odua group, leveraging on partnerships like the Lake rice with Kebbi State that birthed the about to be commissioned Largest Rice mill in West Africa in Imota https://www.nairaland.com/5894568/lagos-state-largest-rice-mill

We were able to develop the Lekki Seaport in conjunction with the Tolaram group, award land to Dangote to build his refinery, build our own rail system, build our own database system, have a robust public health response system that helped protect Lagosians first against ebola and covid-19 when brought into the country.

Lagos next phase is to build its own fibre optic system for a smart city. We aint waiting on the rest of the states outside SW again. It slowed us down for too long sir.

If they need us, they should vote for Asiwaju Tinubu and we will teach them how governance runs.

May God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by asanausana91: 1:40am On Feb 12, 2022
Good development. We tired of criminals coming from the land of the risen crime to contaminate our Lagos.Evans is one of them.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by PressMyButton: 1:53am On Feb 12, 2022
kettykin:
Lagos is naturally a prosperity status. It is not because of its resources but very largely as a result of the spirit of enterprise and hospitality of the dominant tribe that peopled it. And which was why the British had to pass over other states to make it a Capital city.
There are other states with seaports, natural resources and shared border with neighbouring countries yet were not economically appealing enough to the British, hence the relocation of the Capital city from Calabar to Lagos.
Governor Wike challenged the FG over VAT, Governor Akeredolu is making a good use of his office to modify structural changes into a new constitution. He has also taken up the task to provide a sea port in his state which he complained was being delayed by FG's approval.
These are proactive measures some forward thinking leaders are taking in their respective states to change the status quo. But has any Governor in your region done to challenge the present setting?
Since you were born, the only thing your leaders told you was that Lagos is holding back your destiny as if your destiny has been poured into a bottle and buried in Lagos. You complain about Lagos and heap all blames on Lagos while neglecting your leaders who are sharing your destiny like kerosene and stealing them in a Pandora account abroad.
I ask again, what has any of your Governors or Lawmakers in Abuja done to challenge the FG or change the status quo in the Constitution?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by PressMyButton: 2:04am On Feb 12, 2022
PressMyButton:
She explained that the project, which was approved in December 2019, was the first of its kind in Africa and came with 28 applets, including banks, shopping malls, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and for transportation among others.
The government also said projecte
This is what I was expecting from Soludo as CBN Governor but he ended up being a failure. He has started making another round of empty promises to the people of Anambra. I doubt if anything can come out of that man.

I can boldly say that when Lagos State captures half its population- about 10 million into this system, the Federal Government will most likely adopt the template across the federation.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by nony43(m): 5:09am On Feb 12, 2022
Welcome development but a wrong timing. People might think it is because of the election.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by spafu(m): 5:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Badonasty(m): 5:10am On Feb 12, 2022
NIN should be sufficient for all these na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Omoluabi16(m): 5:11am On Feb 12, 2022
I do not understand. I though the LASRA was supposed to serve this same purpose?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by nony43(m): 5:13am On Feb 12, 2022
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=110155795]This is what we have been clamouring for especially in the aftermath of jail breaks caused by ipob terrorists group and their terrorist attack on Lagos during the endsars. One of the prisoners set free by ipob terrorists was rearrested in Lagos because of the vigilance of the security officers. This kind of project will make it easier to identify new entrants into Lagos for security and community profiling

Upgrade of this project is better late than never and I commend Lagos State Government. I particularly

commend HE Sanwo Olu for following through with this after all the effort HE Fashola and HE Ambode made in this regard.

Please bring your investments to Lagos today.

In Lagos, your investments are safe and guaranteed of great returns.

We are a very hospitable people and we have the best city run economy in Africa in terms of GDP. We have a vibrant population with many beaches and great food!

Please invest in Lagos today.

Thank you.
May God bless you.[/quote

You can’t hold a meaningful conversation without mentioning IPOB? This is how low NL has made a lot of you people become here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Zorn: 5:14am On Feb 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

What is the "scope" other than provision of more effective solutions for the administration of 24 million people in the smallest State in Nigeria?

Abeg take your negativity elsewhere. Great news especially the connectivity, extensive usage potentials, functionality and customisable interface of the ID card.

24 million people ? Are you talking about the whole Yoruba tribe? How you people manufacturers figures is so amazing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by spafu(m): 5:14am On Feb 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

Why is the thing "payment" you like this. You post wetin you want post and commentator comment wetin e want comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Zorn: 5:16am On Feb 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

Yes OO. Tinubu is behind it. Still better than unknown gunmen, unknown ESN gangs , unknown mkpurumiri menaces, unknown drug smugglers, unknown rapists, unknown cannibals, unknown killers, unknown human organ traders, unknown ashawos and unknown criminals walking around as is the case in your backward region.

Obvious you people love regression, lawlessness and backwardness from the comments of you and your fellow IPOBians here.
all those things you Listed up there are worse in SW

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by nextstep(m): 5:16am On Feb 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

Just like NIN has provided more effective solutions for Nigerians bah? Oga, this is just another avenue for civil servants and police to chop. Plus the ogas will have their own share from the budget allocated to ID scheme.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Rugaria: 5:16am On Feb 12, 2022
Very suspicious. No one trusts Tinubu and his gang and as such this should be taken with a pinch of salt. Same people that make no serious efforts for any serious census in the country will go to the backdoor, to smuggle in an exercise that will be used for all sorts of evil agenda... Even the distribution of State government amenities have been skewed around nepotistic lines in Lagos..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by DMerciful(m): 5:18am On Feb 12, 2022
Let's see whether those people who are not resident of Lagos but think cos they're from SW, they have more right to Lagos than other Nigerians; lets see if they'll get this resident card from Akure and Oshogbo grin

Meanwhile resident card is voluntary else they'd be sued. It's unconstitutional to make it compulsory!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by xelly: 5:19am On Feb 12, 2022
This is perfect. I have said that if I am a governor, I will do this.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by FreeStuffsNG: 5:21am On Feb 12, 2022
[quote author=nony43 post=110157445][/quote]

If your forebears had built a prosperous city like Lagos , you will feel pained reading anyone defend a terrorist group that had a terrorist leader who boldly called out his ipob terrorists to burn down Lagos and the places he called out got burnt.

That you do not feel our pain is because our pain is less important to you. We are not from your tribe and to you , your loyalty or sympathy to the ipob terrorist group that burnt down our own city is more important.

One day, the victims of the ipob terrorist attack on Lagos will get justice.We are following the trial of the ipob terrorist group leader who instructed his followers to go burn down Lagos.

Ipob terrorist group, not the Igbo race, burnt down Lagos and the evidences are now in the court.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 12, 2022
Dsalvo:
https://independent.ng/lagos-introduces-resident-card-targets-six-million-registration-registrations-in-2022/
Wonderful! State Identification Number (SIN).� My state will soon follow suit, then yours and then again yours and so on....Nigerians are career/lifetime registrants. Hello Local Governments, are you there?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 by Horllamideh(m): 5:30am On Feb 12, 2022
Way to go! Lagos State.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Arrested At Radio House With Grenades & Live Ammo / Breaking: Ashaka Town: Army Repel Strong Boko Haram Attack / 11 Ex-Jonathan's Ministers May Join APC - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.