Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn (1440 Views)

Batist Fawaz Alaba Who Wished Obi “six Feet Below” drowns at ibeshe beach / Lagos Introduces Resident Card, Targets Six Million Registration Figure In 2022 / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Maxymilliano(m): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2022
2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge to Raise N6bn

The Peter Obi Support Network yesterday announced that its six million members would raise N6 billion in favour of the former Anambra State Governor.

Obi had already declared interest to contest the 2023 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Any aspirant who wish to contest the PDP presidential primary, is expected to pay N40 million in order to buy the nomination and expression of interest form, apart from other expenses.

The Chairman of the group, PSON, Sheikh Rufai Al-Siddiq, told a stakeholders’ forum in Abuja, yesterday, that members were expected to donate at least, N1, 000 each.

Al-Siddiq said: “The Peter Obi Support Network is over six million and each are expected to donate N1, 000.

“Many people may donate more than that. If our six million members donate faithfully, we would raise the N6 billion from our group alone.”

According to Al-Siddiq, the donation by all members showed the acceptance of Obi by the Muslims in Nigeria..

“Chance should be given to the candidate from the South-east. It will build good relationship throughout the country and bring unity. Peter Obi is the best person to be president in 2023,” Al-Siddiq said.

He said as Atiku’s running mate, Obi was the one that made the PDP to get such a massive votes, especially from the South, adding that every part of the country should be allowed to govern the country.

Al-Siddiq, who hails from Kogi State, insisted that 2023 should be the time for the south-east to produce the president, insisting that they have a competent person who governed Anambra State with good results to show.

The Director of Strategy of the Peter Obi support network, Marcel Ngogbehei, who spoke virtually, said Obi would bring in digital governance if elected president.

He said, “We have four main objectives which is to encourage national unity and national cohesion. We want Nigerians from every part of the country to know that they are one.

“We also said that whoever that wants to be the president in 2023, he must be a man who has proven prudence in governance. Nigeria keep borrowing which is bad. We want a president that will cut spending.

“We want a responsible leadership with short and long term plans, focusing on citizens and not personal benefits. We have judge the contestants concerning their antecedents and Peter Obi has proved himself.

“When he was governor of Anambra State, he governed well. So, the Peter Obi support network is beyond him,” Ngogbehei said.

He added that a new Nigeria was possible with Obi as President.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/04/26/2023-presidency-peter-obis-six-million-supporters-pledge-to-raise-n6bn/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by chatinent: 7:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Lori Iro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by MadamVanessa(f): 7:08am On Apr 26, 2022
shocked

Please and please if there's anyway I can contribute my own quarter to the right source someone should let me know. I want to put my little widow's mite to the success of this ambition, aspiration and dream.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by IamWonderful: 7:09am On Apr 26, 2022
6 million? I guess from stone, or those that are in azu river are back to life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by cenaman(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2022
No Igbo man will Rule Nigeria,
They are betrayers

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Megabig: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2022
It seems this cartoon lady is the one planning this election for Peter Obi?
if your intention is to help Nigerians, you have to bring out money to contest, Nigeria haven’t gotten to that point where the keep your cash and think the contribution from the masses will suddenly push you to win.

The only way to be a President in Nigeria is to hijack it. This holier than thou method won’t take you anywhere.

Make una de do sympathy and sane election until Tinubu or any other APC aspirant wins.

Anyways politicians aren’t always affected, na the masses go suffer am

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Maxymilliano(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2022
I may likely consider him if Atiku did not get the ticket. My intuition tells me he has something good in store for the country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by mrvitalis(m): 7:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Megabig:
if your intention is to help Nigerians, you have to bring out money to contest, Nigeria haven’t gotten to that point where the keep your cash and think the contribution from the masses will suddenly push you to win.

The only way to be a President in Nigeria is to hijack it. This holier than thou method won’t take you anywhere.

Make una de do sympathy and sane election until Tinubu or any other APC aspirant wins.

Peter obi won election in Anambra home of the money bags without spending a penny and Anambra are happier today for it ..he has done it before he won't change his principle we would win Nigeria if Nigeria wants to be won if not he goes back to his business

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by VoteTinubu2023: 7:42am On Apr 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

Peter obi won election in Anambra home of the money bags without spending a penny and Anambra are happier today for it ..he has done it before he won't change his principle we would win Nigeria if Nigeria wants to be won if not he goes back to his business
Enough of this painting the man as a Messiah. I see a lot of ignorant folks trying to gaslight Nigerians telling them they will suffer if they decide not to vote Peter Obi. I admire the man but you lots are attributing to him what he is not.

If he becomes President today, I really don't think there will be any major or significant change in the direction of this country. TBH, the man lacks ideas, he lacks original thinking. Tell us one revolutionary policy he enacted when he was governor of Anambra state?

When he was governor, Anambra residents became more impoverished. NBS published that.

When he was governor, he was impeached for financial impropriety. Open Knowledge.

PO is nowhere near a technocrat who has solutions to this country. Support him in peace but Nigerians refusing to vote him will not result into destruction.

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by xelly: 7:44am On Apr 26, 2022
I am contributing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by mrvitalis(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

Enough of this painting the man as a Messiah. I see a lot of ignorant folks trying to gaslight Nigerians telling them they will suffer if they decide not to vote Peter Obi. I admire the man but you lots are attributing to him what he is not.

If he becomes President today, I really don't think there will be any major or significant change in the direction of this country. TBH, the man lacks ideas, he lacks original thinking. Tell us one revolutionary policy he enacted when he was governor of Anambra state?

When he was governor, Anambra residents became more impoverished. NBS published that.

When he was governor, he was impeached for financial impropriety. Open Knowledge.

PO is nowhere near a technocrat who has solutions to this country. Support him in peace but Nigerians refusing to vote him will not result into destruction.

Lol vote tinubu na ...you no follow suffer for Buhari hand ?

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by VoteTinubu2023: 7:52am On Apr 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol vote tinubu na ...you no follow suffer for Buhari hand ?
I didn't suffer and will never do.

Maybe you suffered, maybe your family did but that experience of yours can't be projected unto me. Peace. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by mrvitalis(m): 7:56am On Apr 26, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

I didn't suffer and will never do.

Maybe you suffered, maybe your family did but that experience of yours can't be projected unto me. Peace. cheesy

If you no suffer you won't be here campaigning for your shaky shaky pee-poo ancestor to come become president for 25k a month na

We know you have suffered to the extent you think 25k a month is big money after all what do you eat according to tinubu is cassava and yam

Get lost

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by VoteTinubu2023: 8:04am On Apr 26, 2022
mrvitalis:

If you no suffer you won't be here campaigning for your shaky shaky pee-poo ancestor to come become president for 25k a month na

We know you have suffered to the extent you think 25k a month is big money after all what do you eat according to tinubu is cassava and yam

Get lost
See this idiot whose Buhari's 7 years in Government has turned into a pauper talking about 25k payment for campaign. You are irredeemably ignorant if you think this campaign efforts are for monetary gains.

Fools like you believe Peter Obi can have willing supporters but BAT supporters are paid for. Can you see your insanity?? I have my owned business where I make my own money comfortably without depending on campaign checks. It is you who Buhari has "suffered" for 7 years and will continue to do so for one more year that can see 25k as one substantial money. I clear that in a day.

My campaign effort for Tinubu is 100% voluntary and I will do it again and again. To hell with the 25k Peter Obi promised hungry folks like your lots.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by maestroferddi: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2022
I will certainly contribute and work assiduously for this project as soon as Peter Obi picks the PDP ticket.

We are keeping our eyes on the ball.

No time for miscreants and malcontents..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Lovelive: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2022
Am in.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Lovelive: 8:35am On Apr 26, 2022
Keep quiet and stop attacking other people with their choices.

*Modified: Please feel free to promote your own candidate.

VoteTinubu2023:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Lovelive: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2022
maestroferddi:
I will certainly contribute and work assiduously for this project as soon as Peter Obi picks the PDP ticket.

We are keeping our eyes on the ball.

No time for miscreants and malcontents..

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Jostoman: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2022
chatinent:
Lori Iro
Obi is your next president in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Jostoman: 9:42am On Apr 26, 2022
Nigeria incoming president is Mr Peter the rock Obi

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Reality3080: 9:53am On Apr 26, 2022
Megabig:

let's see what becomes of holy peter,let him wait for every Nigerian to donate money.

Let him win pdp ticket first
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by slimghost(m): 10:00am On Apr 26, 2022
I will contribute more than that. Peter Obi is the man.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Reality3080: 10:01am On Apr 26, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

See this idiot whose Buhari's 7 years in Government has turned into a pauper talking about 25k payment for campaign. You are irredeemably ignorant if you think this campaign efforts are for monetary gains.

Fools like you believe Peter Obi can have willing supporters but BAT supporters are paid for. Can you see your insanity?? I have my owned business where I make my own money comfortably without depending on campaign checks. It is you who Buhari has "suffered" for 7 years and will continue to do so for one more year that can see 25k as one substantial money. I clear that in a day.

My campaign effort for Tinubu is 100% voluntary and I will do it again and again. To hell with the 25k Peter Obi promised hungry folks like your lots.

God bless u real good.

That was the same issue i had with a guy yesterday, they believe they are supporting Peter obi willingly but others are paid to support their own candidate.

One of those miscreants argue with me yesterday n i took him to d cleaners n when he had noting to say he started telling me of 30k per month, it's just annoying
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by Reality3080: 10:02am On Apr 26, 2022
Jostoman:
let him win pdp ticket first
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by chatinent: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2022
Jostoman:

It's your confidence for me.

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not Nigerian.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by VictorUSA(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2022
Raising billions of naira to support a thief who will steal more.So we still have six million fools in Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by SolomonAjibulu(m): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2022
It's quite unfortunate how this generation is failing woefully due to lack of ignorance , how would u raise a whole six billion for someone that has been enjoying this national cake for more than decades now . #Istandagaistreturnoftheoldguards# back to politics . We're the leaders of tomorrow let's stand and raise someone capable not these old men coming back to do the same thing.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by sukar886: 11:01am On Apr 26, 2022
cenaman:
No Igbo man will Rule Nigeria,
They are betrayers
Mumu at ur age you are still doing tribalism, go and settle with ur Igbo girl friend...

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by sukar886: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2022
VictorUSA:
Raising billions of naira to support a thief who will steal more.So we still have six million fools in Nigeria.

Na ur money en steal?

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by sukar886: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2022
Peter obi all the way

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by omenka(m): 11:03am On Apr 26, 2022
This Pandora is indeed a recalcitrant thief. cheesy
Re: 2023 Presidency: Peter Obi’s Six Million Supporters Pledge To Raise N6bn by maestroferddi: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2022
SolomonAjibulu:
It's quite unfortunate how this generation is failing woefully due to lack of ignorance , how would u raise a whole six billion for someone that has been enjoying this national cake for more than decades now . #Istandagaistreturnoftheoldguards# back to politics . We're the leaders of tomorrow let's stand and raise someone capable not these old men coming back to do the same thing.
Don't be an ignoramus..

Well-to-do men like Obama, Trump and even Joe Biden used crowdfunding to drive their campaigns so there is nothing wrong if Peter Obi brings the innovation to Nigeria.

Besides, we who will contribute are not complaining , so why are you drinking Panadol for another person's headache?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Senators Plan Defection, plot Ahmad Lawan's removal / This Is The Woman That Order Lagos Traders To Close Shops, For Tinubu, Video / 2023 : Why LP Rallies Not On Live TV Broadcast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.