Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor (13448 Views)

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Buhari Approves ₦15 Billion Intervention Funds, Releases Aircraft To NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by crackhouse(m): 6:59am On Feb 12, 2022
It's high time I start thinking of leaving this country cos I am disappointed by the actions of our youths... can't believe they will be supporting someone like this man after seeing the hand writing clearly on the wall... who did this to us?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nony43(m): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2022
crossbreedwears:
You are still a baby. You're using SAN and being a pastor to qualify a person to run for the presidency.
You must be a joker

What good has the major generals done to us? Let's try intellectuals.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Badguy77(m): 7:05am On Feb 12, 2022
me: siri
Siri: beep
Me: play me ric hasani -thunder fire you
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Shetemi12(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2022
Savioureigns:
This looks like an old clip

Did we say it's a new one?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by mkoabiola: 7:07am On Feb 12, 2022
Story story

One upn a time

Time time
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by rajiedreez: 7:07am On Feb 12, 2022
They don start
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Zulez: 7:09am On Feb 12, 2022
AstralBody:
He must have pocket more than half of the shares. Tinubu,can't be trusted with Nigeria resources. He will steal it all, before we blink an eyelid.
who can pls mention any company or factory own by Jonathan in Nigeria very useless selfish people,where okonjo carry 9ja money go? Where did kalu get 5 private jets, yeebos won't mention ther thief's but they will be running to Tinubu lagos and still be calling him Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Zulez: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2022
crackhouse:
It's high time I start thinking of leaving this country cos I am disappointed by the actions of our youths... can't believe they will be supporting someone like this man after seeing the hand writing clearly on the wall... who did this to us?
but na ur papa we should follow

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nedekid: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2022
blancsn1:
This is unlike the criminal Peter Peter Obi who invested Anambra state fund into brewery only to sell the company to his father on the eve of his departure.

Oga, pls leave the beer parlor talk for when you get there. People are not dull on this forum.
Dont vote Peter Obi, hate him but don't give him a name that is not his.
As per Pandora, petition efcc, icpc to arrest him, Afterall his is in the opposition.

[b]"Peter Obi, vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has explained why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by his family.

He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja on Wednesday.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer.

His words: “I brought International Breweries into Nigeria and as a Governor of a state, they built a greenfield facility in the state and they came to me and said ‘as our partner, we want you to own 15 per cent of this company’, and I said to them ‘No, right now, I am the Governor of a state. I know the future of this brewery, and I want the state to own 10 per cent and since I’m no longer involved in the company, they can own five per cent’. I put in $30million of state money there, it’s now worth $100million and it’s still there. No other state in this country has such investment.

“Personally, I have no investment; not even one Naira. Go to Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) today, if you will see Peter Obi as owner of one share; it doesn’t exist. Next is a family company started by my own parents and as their child, I ran it at a time, and when I became Governor, I had nothing to do with it till today.

“I also invested $50million of Anambra State money in the power sector. I invested several billions in banks, including banks where I have shares. I was investing for the future of the state; it doesn’t matter whether I have shares or not. If I have the opportunity of building the future of the state, wouldn’t I have done that?

“I left office in this country, leaving Anambra State with investment in cash of N75billion. The day I left office, we had $56million, N12billion in Fidelity Bank.; in Diamond Bank, $50million, N12billion; in Access Bank, $50million, N12billion for Anambra State. Show me in the history of this country where anybody has left 10 per cent of that.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

[/b]
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:14am On Feb 12, 2022
NGpatriot:

According to village ipob babalawo..

You hate PMB so much that you even know what he's thinking and what he's going to do and not do..

Comedian with worthless PVC..

grin grin

So for your mind, Bobo chicago will be president? grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by sleek82(m): 7:18am On Feb 12, 2022
Nigerians are one of the smartest immigrants in the world but the most gullible to their local politicians! Our mumu never do?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by unitysheart(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:
Not a wise decision anyway,,u gambled with people's funds..U may not be lucky next time..
Oh yes. Same way you'll take risks in investing in any business without any benefits of hindsight. That's what investing is all about.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by oyichi: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2022
As if he is not the governor of Lagos till date, where are the billions going into Lagos on monthly basis, nothing to show for it, that very little state that was developed by being the capital of this country is still delapidated, so dirty, no good road network, so many places have no drainage system, no good security infact Lagos became the most dangerous city to leave in the whole of Africa because this man instead of developing the city he opted to develop touts and made criminals lord of all quarters, nonsense, the money that ended up in his bottomless pocket

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NGpatriot: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2022
Zorn:
selfish interest is what is pulling him down , Nigeria is bigger Tinubu if you like kill yourself . There's something the northerners
mentioned when Buhari was sick but they quickly died it . Maybe it was one of the cards for 2023 . Tinubus card was to supponsor media propaganda and hype . forgetting that Nigerians has not forgotten how media propaganda landed the whole nation into hardship . You're not patriotic most of you here don't know what that word means .

Zorn:
the reason you guys are publishing all this article is the same reason the man was killed in the first place, to spread propaganda against iPob .and the all the article is coming from Nigeria government paid propagandists like yourself

Zorn:
it's not iPob it's cult clash

Zorn:
but you were part of the campaign team against the establishment of ESN?

It's funny that iPods and their fellow Igbos supporters are always quick to pretend that they love Nigeria and even claim to be patriotic even though they support and defend ipob/ugm/esn terrorists and they want biafra...
grin grin
Which kain crocodile tears patriotism be this sef..?

Btw, your ESN terrorist brothers killed Nigerian Army and Police men yesterday in Enugu, that must be patriotism too..

These Igbos sef..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Mooh247: 7:23am On Feb 12, 2022
Tinubu is a gifted administrator no doubt about that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Mavin2: 7:28am On Feb 12, 2022
nony43:
You did well sir, but unfortunately, you are a Muslim. Buhari did Christians Shege, we don'want Muslims back to back. So I will advise you to step down for Osibanjo a Prof, SAN and a Pastor. Or any candidate from the South.
Brother ur a religious bigotry, a nation that enmeshed in religious politics can never develop. What we need is who can save this country from brink of collapsing irrespective of religion.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 12, 2022
Why is Lagos state the highest debtor?Was it not you that signed the loan?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens
Patriotic Nigerians you say?

Yoloba Muslims will never seize to amaze me

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2022
Mavin2:

Brother ur a religious bigotry, a nation that enmeshed in religious politics can never develop. What we need is who can save this country from brink of collapsing irrespective of religion.
very true but NEVER Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by cardoctor(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2022
Of which you took 40%

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Makinaki: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2022
What's the point digging out clips of this old Baba's interviews from years ago? These old clips don't answer the charge that Tinubu is today a shadow of himself and isn't fit of mind and body to be President. After Buharis's incompetence of eight years, Nigeria cannot afford another liability as President for another eight years.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Thorondor: 7:40am On Feb 12, 2022
Tinubu vs Atiku 2023

E go sweet ooo

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by colestephan86: 7:42am On Feb 12, 2022
wizonlyson:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed where are they seeing, all this money..chaiiii..
you get money by investing.
I managed to open a dollar account in 2018 with 2000 dollars, do u know how much that is in naira now.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nony43(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2022
Mavin2:

Okay, but you didn’t say that in 2015 when Buhari said northerners should vote for Muslim candidates.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Crafteck1: 7:49am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Fact!

Asiwaju Tinubu is a blessing!! And may God bless him for his dedication and service in this regard too. He is just too brilliant! He handled this investment like a professional finance expert and excellent public administrator.

Proceeds of the same investment by Akwa Ibom disappeared like Dr. Victor Attah and that of Delta state is worse; was stolen and mismanaged to the point that it is still causing problems till date!

Ecobank and Honeywell fight today is still traced to it because Chief Otudeko invoked the clause of first refusal and got a judgement when ETI that acquired the defunct Oceanic bank sold the shares . That judgement left about N40 billion hole in the account of Ecobank.

In my opinion,Delta state should have requested to be part of the case.I believe that the N40 billion with court should have been that of Delta State today if not for the corruption ,allegedly facilitated by the late Mr Albert Okumagba founder of BGL,a prominent Delta state son, that transferred Delta state econet shares to Oceanic bank headed by Mrs Cecilia Ibru, another Deltan. Oceanic died and Ecobank bought the carcas largely because of this Econet shares that landed them in trouble.

Lagos State was lucky to have a brilliant visionary leader in Asiwaju Tinubu. He gave free hand to Lagos state investment agency to handle it and Lagos State cashed out big time.

There are other big investments Lagos is making today that are even bigger than the Econet but they are using the state investment agency based on the successful template inherited from Asiwaju Tinubu and now improved upon today.

Asiwaju Tinubu will do great wonders if he elected to lead Nigeria. Asiwaju Tinubu is an extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
Thank you.
Msy God bless you and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

All this because you want free stuff, do you have a business in lagos mainland, do you see how lagos belongs to agbero and the police cant do anything about them?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by drlateef: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2022
AstralBody:
He must have pocket more than half of the shares. Tinubu,can't be trusted with Nigeria resources. He will steal it all, before we blink an eyelid.

Those who stole and ran to hide in England, you still want them to come back now, don’t you?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TeraHawks: 7:57am On Feb 12, 2022
Guy, don't waste your time arguing with these lot. Tinubu has unleashed his Internet army to talk teash and try to bully those with opposing views. Las Las na over go coubt and we know say Jafaban army if area bots no pass ghe borders of lagos. quote author=Irupetepete post=110157870]I will remind you later [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by HRMK: 7:59am On Feb 12, 2022
JAGABAN,SIMPLY IGNORE THE PIGS SO THAT YOU DONT GET STAINED!YES,ENVY IS THE RIGHT WORD FOR THE WAILING WAILERS!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by FreeStuffsNG: 8:00am On Feb 12, 2022
Crafteck1:

All this because you want free stuff, do you have a business in lagos mainland, do you see how lagos belongs to agbero and the police cant do anything about them?
In life it is what you focus on that expands.

You are obviously not ftom Lagos. All you see, from the Governor to the foreign nationals who fly into Lagos daily through the Ikeja part on the East of Lagos Mainland is Agbero wink

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by fixmykey(m): 8:02am On Feb 12, 2022
STORY FOR THE gods
YOU SPENT 4BILLION AND MADE 15BILLION AND SHARED THE MONEY AMONGS YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND AGBERO
IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL BECAUSE LAGOS WITH 30MILLION POPULATION IS HUDGE ENOUGHT TO MAKE MORE THAN 15 BILLION ANY ABOKI CAN ALSO DO SAME

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by CoolAmbience(m): 8:05am On Feb 12, 2022
nony43:
You did well sir, but unfortunately, you are a Muslim. Buhari did Christians Shege, we don'want Muslims back to back. So I will advise you to step down for Osibanjo a Prof, SAN and a Pastor. Or any candidate from the South.

You are just petty.

What has religion got to do with anything?

So, IPOB that is killing people is an Islamic group? What about killings by ritualists and kidnappers?

We should be taking of a quality, sellable candidate from the South, not pastor, SAN, professor, religion...all those are immaterial.

What value have all the SANs, professors or pastors or imams added to our society and institutions?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eha Amufu Crisis: Ugwuanyi Visits Mgbuji, Forests Other Locations / ''FG Cannot Sleep With Eyes Closed Because Of The Media" - Lai Mohammed / PDP Will Win Between 25 And 27 State In 2019 - Atiku Predicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.