Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor (13447 Views)

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Buhari Approves ₦15 Billion Intervention Funds, Releases Aircraft To NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by YellowMayor(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2022
blancsn1:
This is unlike the criminal Peter Peter Obi who invested Anambra state fund into brewery only to sell the company to his father on the eve of his departure.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by lexy2014: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2022
nony43:
You did well sir, but unfortunately, you are a Muslim. Buhari did Christians Shege, we don'want Muslims back to back. So I will advise you to step down for Osibanjo a Prof, SAN and a Pastor. Or any candidate from the South.

How does osinbajo being a Christian & pastor make him better than Tinubu& buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by bluecircle470: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:
Not a wise decision anyway,,u gambled with people's funds..U may not be lucky next time..

You can never be a successful/good business man
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by rickyrex(m): 8:10am On Feb 12, 2022
No be new thing. Your records can't beat that of obasanjo till you die. If not for obasanjo we for no dey use phone today. Obasanjo met huge debt and he cleared it all and let the position as a president with a large amount of reserve. Some governors like obi did same to for their state

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Gbeng30(m): 8:16am On Feb 12, 2022
[sup][/sup] : lipsrsealed[code][/code][s][/s]
TheNiceGuy:
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens

How much have you been given.. That Make you ranting rubbish like this

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Henrymas(m): 8:19am On Feb 12, 2022
Holy Ghost Fireeeeee!!!! This drug consuming miscreant and touts motivated will never by God's grace and mercies become the president of this country. This thief is determined to convert our common wealth as a nation to his personal enterprise and self enrichment. Affliction will never arise on this nation the second time after the damage done by Buhari that has left the economy in total shambles, thrown alot of families into poverty, promoted an Islamic agenda that has given prominence to Boko Haram and an unprecedented increase in banditry and the likes and this thief has promised to continue and consolidate what Buhari has started. Holy Ghost Fireeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by allicare: 8:22am On Feb 12, 2022
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2022
They are all the same oga! We need a visionary leader who had the people's interest in his heart. Stop using qualifications to qualify a person for presidential candidate. Jonathan has 2 PHD and he still failed to an extent. We just need a selfless person sir
nony43:

What good has the major generals done to us? Let's try intellectuals.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by francisbiz: 8:36am On Feb 12, 2022
AnonPoet:
In an old interview, Bola Tinubu reacted to different accusations from Nigeria's Main opposition party, PDP and he spoke about how the IGR of Lagos has risen from[b] "an ordinary 600 Million Naira a month to 20 Billion Naira a month" [/b]

When he was asked if he truly gets 2 billion naira monthly from the IGR he described it as mere accusations that cannot be proven which he can ignore or go to court and described it as "Envy" and "Lack of knowledge"

He also spoke about how his administration in Lagos was the first to look at the option of bonds and approaching the financial market for funds which almost all PDP states and the federal government have approached in his words, "you must activate the financial markets"

He then spoke about how Lagos state funds were invested in Econet and [b]he was heavily criticized for it but it reaped a whooping N15 billion naira profit. In his words, "we used N4 Billion to bring N19 Billion back to Lagos state" [/b]and he then questioned the intelligence of the PDP

He said "when you are superior to them in knowledge, intellectual capacity, in professionalism, you expect that you are wrestling with the pig, you'll get a little bit of stain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpIfPGeQe0
And Delta state once had same share in econet, but greed of an ex governor converted it to personal share and sold it and it landed him in jail with his family. And some fellow thieves in Delta state are standing behind him to bring a fellow thief as governor of Delta state.
NEVER AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nony43(m): 8:41am On Feb 12, 2022
CoolAmbience:

You are just petty.

What has religion got to do with anything?

So, IPOB that is killing people is an Islamic group? What about killings by ritualists and kidnappers?

We should be taking of a quality, sellable candidate from the South, not pastor, SAN, professor,

religion...all those are immaterial.

What value have all the SANs, professors or pastors or imams added to our society and institutions

If they added nothing should we try illiterates either? Most people that are advisers to Govs, and the President are Dr, Profs etc.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by tamdun: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Where are the investments Peter Obi made with anambra money grin
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by allicare: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2022
AstralBody:
He must have pocket more than half of the shares. Tinubu,can't be trusted with Nigeria resources. He will steal it all, before we blink an eyelid.

Some of you guys are dumb, utterly stupid and lack common sense, Someone invested 4 billion to get 15 billion Naira for a state as profit and instead of you acknowledge the feat you are here typing rubbish. I am really sorry for u and your envious Igbo idiots. Shior

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by hollywater: 8:49am On Feb 12, 2022
potbelly:
A brilliant politician no doubt

He serves well as a king maker/adviser. Lagos as case study.

But in all honesty, he should be resting with his grand kids and not thinking of the apex position of the country.

FTC!!!

And also a brilliant thief.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Gbagura: 8:50am On Feb 12, 2022
Revolution2022:
Why is Lagos state the highest debtor?Was it not you that signed the loan?
Why is USA the highest debtor in the world?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Gbagura: 8:50am On Feb 12, 2022
PresidentAtiku:
very true but NEVER Tinubu
Never atiku and Peter Obi either.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by allicare: 8:55am On Feb 12, 2022
oyichi:
As if he is not the governor of Lagos till date, where are the billions going into Lagos on monthly basis, nothing to show for it, that very little state that was developed by being the capital of this country is still delapidated, so dirty, no good road network, so many places have no drainage system, no good security infact Lagos became the most dangerous city to leave in the whole of Africa because this man instead of developing the city he opted to develop touts and made criminals lord of all quarters, nonsense, the money that ended up in his bottomless pocket

Why wouldn't you mind the happenings in your very big state? I can see that your governor has turned ur state to Dubai. Look, you igbo guys are very terrible and annoying. Tunubu will rule over you people by fire by force. Just keep on ranting like a fool

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Crafteck1: 8:56am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

In life it is what you focus on that expands.

You are obviously not ftom Lagos. All you see, from the Governor to the foreign nationals who fly into Lagos daily through the Ikeja part on the East of Lagos Mainland is Agbero wink

Do you know how much every bus driver/owner parts with daily? 6 years ago for a bus to start work you pay 3k,aside d junction to junction payment, now it might be x2, who do you think really pays all these money, its the lagosians that dont use their private cars, thats more than 95 percent, this fund can never be accounted for, this is just illegality in one session out of the many sessions that lagosians are being defrauded, is it the multiple taxation? Insecurity? The other day they said they arrested nurtw boss after a clash, they stood beside him boldly, a clash that people died, get arrested for being out at the wrong time and see how same police will treat you, thats part of the injustice.... Many many more so please, beforebyou continue worshipping tinubu... Check the paths of illegality, bribery and destruction left behind.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by seunayantokun(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2022
And how was it spent?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2022
potbelly:
A brilliant politician no doubt

He serves well as a king maker/adviser. Lagos as case study.

But in all honesty, he should be resting with his grand kids and not thinking of the apex position of the country.

FTC!!!

This is why I always say we have 300 million people with below average intelligence in Nigeria. You see this man who is at best, a conman, and you think he is a brilliant politician? This is why Nigeria can never be better
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by techWriter3: 9:13am On Feb 12, 2022
Not a wise ruling anyway,,u wannat with folks's money..iran may not wanna lucky next moment..
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by princewarri1985: 9:15am On Feb 12, 2022
He's a very brilliant politician and no doubt about that HE'S STILL A THIEF AND ALSO THE UGLIEST POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2022
In Eastern Europe, this guy will have a bounty on his head on the dark web and will be gruesomely wiped off this earth. In the States, he will be behind bars, and in the Arab world, he'd be dead.

It is only Nigerians that dialogue about which criminal should lead the country next. Nigerians are dull. This has to be the only explanation for this.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Foreseer: 9:23am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Fact!

Asiwaju Tinubu is a blessing!! And may God bless him for his dedication and service in this regard too. He is just too brilliant! He handled this investment like a professional finance expert and excellent public administrator.

Proceeds of the same investment by Akwa Ibom disappeared like Dr. Victor Attah and that of Delta state is worse; was stolen and mismanaged to the point that it is still causing problems till date!

Ecobank and Honeywell fight today is still traced to it because Chief Otudeko invoked the clause of first refusal and got a judgement when ETI that acquired the defunct Oceanic bank sold the shares . That judgement left about N40 billion hole in the account of Ecobank.

In my opinion,Delta state should have requested to be part of the case.I believe that the N40 billion with court should have been that of Delta State today if not for the corruption ,allegedly facilitated by the late Mr Albert Okumagba founder of BGL,a prominent Delta state son, that transferred Delta state econet shares to Oceanic bank headed by Mrs Cecilia Ibru, another Deltan. Oceanic died and Ecobank bought the carcas largely because of this Econet shares that landed them in trouble.

Lagos State was lucky to have a brilliant visionary leader in Asiwaju Tinubu. He gave free hand to Lagos state investment agency to handle it and Lagos State cashed out big time.

There are other big investments Lagos is making today that are even bigger than the Econet but they are using the state investment agency based on the successful template inherited from Asiwaju Tinubu and now improved upon today.

Asiwaju Tinubu will do great wonders if he elected to lead Nigeria. Asiwaju Tinubu is an extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
Thank you.
Msy God bless you and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Bulliionvanism.

grin grin
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2022
princewarri1985:
He's a very brilliant politician and no doubt about that HE'S STILL A THIEF AND ALSO THE UGLIEST POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA

He is not a brilliant politician. I am sorry to break it to you.
Angela Merkel has a doctorate in Quantum Chemistry arguably the hardest branch of Physical Chemistry and one of the trusted German Chancellors of all time. I don't need to go into the Life and servitude of Barrack Obama, there is a book for that. Go back in time too and study the Castros and Gaddafis of this world.

You definitely need to broaden your horizon and study the lives of many world leaders. Maybe you'd learn something about what makes a brilliant politician.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Foreseer: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens
Bullion van ma

Legendary thiefry.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Foreseer: 9:30am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
What was In the bullion van and tell us where it was coming from
Stolen money! What else

Crumbs for people like you.

Grow up bro.

#30k can't feed you for a month.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Foreseer: 9:36am On Feb 12, 2022
fyneguy:

Give it to Tinubu, when it comes to financial engineering. He knows his onions.
As represented in the Bullion van grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Foreseer: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2022
NGpatriot:

Sadly for you, Buhari is doing wonderfully well, so well that the Nigerian majority put him in office twice, not onece, but twice.

You Igbos are on your own...Nigerians no send you..
You must be an infection.

You need to be avoided like a plague.

I pity your generation.

So shameless.

Crumbs eater.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by princewarri1985: 9:44am On Feb 12, 2022
Yalekid:

He is not a brilliant politician. I am sorry to break it to you.
Angela Merkel has a doctorate in Quantum Chemistry arguably the hardest branch of Physical Chemistry and one of the trusted German Chancellors of all time. I don't need to go into the Life and servitude of Barrack Obama, there is a book for that. Go back in time too and study the Castros and Gaddafis of this world.

You definitely need to broaden your horizon and study the lives of many world leaders. Maybe you'd learn something about what makes a brilliant politician.
I dont mean globally, am not even talking about africa in it's entirety, am only talking about Nigeria, The thief Bola tinubu played his card well politically and held the entire lagos state to ransom, thats why i said he"s brilliant because he did his calculation right as long as lagos state is concerned!
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2022
Gbagura:
Why is USA the highest debtor in the world?
Those loans taken by USA are accounted for.Tinubu cannot account for those loans he took.He kept bribing the efcc board and court to shield him.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Gbagura: 9:47am On Feb 12, 2022
Revolution2022:
Those loans taken by USA are accounted for.Tinubu cannot account for those loans he took.He kept bribing the efcc board and court to shield him.
hmm

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Emir01: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2022
Tinubu is excellent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram "Pushed Out In A Month" - Goodluck Jonathan BBC Interview / Updated:Happening Now : Main Market Onitsha Shut Down, Biafra Protest (pics) / EFCC Must Stop Acting Irresponsibly – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.