Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor (13449 Views)

Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Buhari Approves ₦15 Billion Intervention Funds, Releases Aircraft To NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by crossbreedwears(m): 6:10am On Feb 12, 2022
You are still a baby. You're using SAN and being a pastor to qualify a person to run for presidency.
You must be a joker
nony43:
You did well sir, but unfortunately, you are a Muslim. Buhari did Christians Shege, we don'want Muslims back to back. So I will advise you to step down for Osibanjo a Prof, SAN and a Pastor. Or any candidate from the South.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Echoban: 6:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Savioureigns:
This looks like an old clip

Is this message abt old or new clip? Or rather the genuity in the message passed? Human being self.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by toujurs: 6:11am On Feb 12, 2022
You are a thief. Barawo
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by CXLVII: 6:11am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:
Not a wise decision anyway,,u gambled with people's funds..U may not be lucky next time..

Smh…
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by YouandiAllofus: 6:12am On Feb 12, 2022
oyatz:

You were a baby then and not even intelligent enough to read about what happened or even this story.
Lolz... Kindly narrate...
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by famouscargo4u: 6:12am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:
Not a wise decision anyway,,u gambled with people's funds..U may not be lucky next time..

That's not gambling. That's investment! Econet was the pioneer telecommunications company in the country. It only made sense to invest in it as it was operating like a monopoly before others joined, so, it had a pointer of yielding high return on investment.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by omoredia: 6:13am On Feb 12, 2022
see lies oo! dem don start
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by alloy123: 6:14am On Feb 12, 2022
Has he not looted back all that he used people's fund to buy for himself?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by fyneguy: 6:15am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Fact! Proceeds of the same investment by Akwa Ibom disappeared like Dr. Victor Attah and that of Delta state is worse; was stolen and mismanaged to the point that it is still causing problems till date!

Ecobank and Honeywell fight today is still traced to it because Chief Otudeko invoked the clause of first refusal and got a judgement when ETI that acquired the defunct Oceanic bank sold the shares . That judgement left about N40 billion hole in the account of Ecobank.
In my opinion,Delta state should have requested to be part of the case.I believe that the N40 billion with court should have been that of Delta State today if not for the corruption ,allegedly facilitated by the late Mr Albert Okumagba founder of BGL,a prominent Delta state son, that transferred Delta state econet shares to Oceanic bank headed by Mrs Cecilia Ibru, another Deltan. Oceanic died and Ecobank bought the carcas largely because of this Econet shares that landed them in trouble.

Lagos State was lucky to have a brilliant visionary leader in Asiwaju Tinubu. He gave free hand to Lagos state investment agency to handle it and Lagos State cashed out big time.
There are other big investments Lagos is making today that are even bigger than the Econet but they are using the state investment agency based on the successful template inherited from Asiwaju Tinubu and now improved upon today.

Give it to Tinubu, when it comes to financial engineering. He knows his onions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Echoban: 6:16am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:

U're talking to a financial expert, a chief accountant who gave Mobil and delloite group d best auditing , , bro leave out the -ve energy. He did his homework well. This is not a matter of gamble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NGpatriot: 6:18am On Feb 12, 2022
Irupetepete:
you lots will be the same sets of people to cry foul when his dementia finally kicks in with full gear.
Buhari should be a deterrent, I don't know why common sense is not common nowadays

Sadly for you, Buhari is doing wonderfully well, so well that the Nigerian majority put him in office twice, not onece, but twice.

You Igbos are on your own...Nigerians no send you..

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by fyneguy: 6:19am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:

Please explain how an investment into a telecom business with Tens of Millions of instant subscribers was an unwise decision

MTN's projection was 800k subscribers in 8 months. They met it within few days!

Ogbeni, that was a brilliant decision!

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Tharyor1984(m): 6:20am On Feb 12, 2022
No wonder Econet has not been a stable company in Nigeria
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Franking: 6:20am On Feb 12, 2022
So?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 12, 2022
Tinubu is very smart. No doubt, he is better than most young options. Is it Bello who can lead us? But as long as there is a smart brain in his camp who is positioned to be the president, he should allow the person. For the fact he is into Godfatherism, I do not want him too. But if the only options we have are the ones out now, no way. And let me state it clearly, if the President's choice is Ama we chi, forget it, I will follow Tinubu. But if the president's choice is either Fasola or Osinbajo, then, I will go with the president. I am only for the best candidate for Nigeria at this moment. If the president decides to make Pat Utomi or Soludo his candidate, with all pleasure, I will go with his choice. If not, I will go with Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:23am On Feb 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Fact!
Asiwaju Tinubu is a blessing!! And may God bless him for his dedication and service in this regard.

Proceeds of the same investment by Akwa Ibom disappeared like Dr. Victor Attah and that of Delta state is worse; was stolen and mismanaged to the point that it is still causing problems till date!

Ecobank and Honeywell fight today is still traced to it because Chief Otudeko invoked the clause of first refusal and got a judgement when ETI that acquired the defunct Oceanic bank sold the shares . That judgement left about N40 billion hole in the account of Ecobank.

In my opinion,Delta state should have requested to be part of the case.I believe that the N40 billion with court should have been that of Delta State today if not for the corruption ,allegedly facilitated by the late Mr Albert Okumagba founder of BGL,a prominent Delta state son, that transferred Delta state econet shares to Oceanic bank headed by Mrs Cecilia Ibru, another Deltan. Oceanic died and Ecobank bought the carcas largely because of this Econet shares that landed them in trouble.
Lagos State was lucky to have a brilliant visionary leader in Asiwaju Tinubu. He gave free hand to Lagos state investment agency to handle it and Lagos State cashed out big time.
There are other big investments Lagos is making today that are even bigger than the Econet but they are using the state investment agency based on the successful template inherited from Asiwaju Tinubu and now improved upon today.

Ashierewaju Tinubu won't be president

Know these and know peace
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by LtChisom: 6:24am On Feb 12, 2022
AnonPoet:
In an old interview, Bola Tinubu reacted to different accusations from Nigeria's Main opposition party, PDP and he spoke about how the IGR of Lagos has risen from[b] "an ordinary 600 Million Naira a month to 20 Billion Naira a month" [/b]

When he was asked if he truly gets 2 billion naira monthly from the IGR he described it as mere accusations that cannot be proven which he can ignore or go to court and described it as "Envy" and "Lack of knowledge"

He also spoke about how his administration in Lagos was the first to look at the option of bonds and approaching the financial market for funds which almost all PDP states and the federal government have approached in his words, "you must activate the financial markets"

He then spoke about how Lagos state funds were invested in Econet and he was heavily criticized for it but it reaped a whooping N15 billion naira profit. In his words, "we used N4 Billion to bring N19 Billion back to Lagos state" and he then questioned the intelligence of the PDP

He said "when you are superior to them in knowledge, intellectual capacity, in professionalism, you expect that you are wrestling with the pig, you'll get a little bit of stain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpIfPGeQe0

Why is he behaving like his battery is having partial contact.
But if this is true then this man fit get sense oo.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Enemyofpeace: 6:25am On Feb 12, 2022
How much of it went into your pockets?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by onojaford(m): 6:26am On Feb 12, 2022
So you guys are the ones who plundered ECONET? Where's ECONET today?
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NGpatriot: 6:27am On Feb 12, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

According to NL Igbos...lol..

Comedians with shalanga PVCs.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by FreeStuffsNG: 6:28am On Feb 12, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

You said more than this for President Muhamnadu Buhari. You will still lose again. You always lose because your heart is filled with bitterness, bigotry and hatred against Asiwaju Tinubu wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 12, 2022
That is the game of politics.You have to wrestle criticism even when you're doing good.Sir, you'r a king's maker but you have your shortcomings too.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NGpatriot: 6:31am On Feb 12, 2022
Irupetepete:
you lots are demented just like the bastard in aso rock...
So to you, iru Pete Pete is ipod?
Ori iyalaya gbogbo yin ti daru

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by nku5: 6:34am On Feb 12, 2022
AnonPoet:
In an old interview, Bola Tinubu reacted to different accusations from Nigeria's Main opposition party, PDP and he spoke about how the IGR of Lagos has risen from[b] "an ordinary 600 Million Naira a month to 20 Billion Naira a month" [/b]

When he was asked if he truly gets 2 billion naira monthly from the IGR he described it as mere accusations that cannot be proven which he can ignore or go to court and described it as "Envy" and "Lack of knowledge"

He also spoke about how his administration in Lagos was the first to look at the option of bonds and approaching the financial market for funds which almost all PDP states and the federal government have approached in his words, "you must activate the financial markets"

He then spoke about how Lagos state funds were invested in Econet and he was heavily criticized for it but it reaped a whooping N15 billion naira profit. In his words, "we used N4 Billion to bring N19 Billion back to Lagos state" and he then questioned the intelligence of the PDP

He said "when you are superior to them in knowledge, intellectual capacity, in professionalism, you expect that you are wrestling with the pig, you'll get a little bit of stain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVpIfPGeQe0

Made 15 Billion but could not even provide Lagos with pipeborne water or a reasonable transport system for the smallest state in the country.

Instead turned Lagos into one of the worst places to live on earth. Ambode wanted to correct Tinubu's mistakes just a little and was kicked out. Tinubu is the biggest curse to Lagos
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:36am On Feb 12, 2022
NGpatriot:

According to NL Igbos...lol..

Comedians with shalanga PVCs.. grin grin

Ore, let's stop deceiving ourselves, Buhari won't support Tinubu presidential ambition and I love that .

Tinubu is a very corrupt and greedy man, he's not the choice of the people .

Amaechi is the new boy on the block and Osibanjo maybe

But that old thief cocoaine lord parading himself as national leader of mad people won't be president..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by free2ryhme: 6:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Edoreborn:

You that have never taken risk is complaining on nairaland.

Telecommunications was a new market at that time that was bound to grow if you have the resources to invest. It was a wise decision.

He had the resource, took the risk and it paid off.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by juman(m): 6:43am On Feb 12, 2022
Southerners have been disappointing us at aso rock.
They proven to be thieves.
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2022
So why the fuss when you knew this.

What crime has he committed to have ordered cookies into his house?
Sabadon:
it was filled with cookies coming from the factory
Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by NGpatriot: 6:53am On Feb 12, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Ore, let's stop deceiving ourselves, Buhari won't support Tinubu presidential ambition and I love that .

Tinubu is a very corrupt and greedy man, he's not the choice of the people .

Amaechi is the new boy on the block and Osibanjo maybe

But that old thief cocoaine lord parading himself as national leader of mad people won't be president..

According to village ipob babalawo..

You hate PMB so much that you even know what he's thinking and what he's going to do and not do..

Comedian with worthless PVC..

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor by Zorn: 6:56am On Feb 12, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
The incoming GCFR.

No amount of PhD (pull Him Down) Syndrome would surpass the will of the patriotic citizens
selfish interest is what is pulling him down , Nigeria is bigger Tinubu if you like kill yourself . There's something the northerners
mentioned when Buhari was sick but they quickly died it . Maybe it was one of the cards for 2023 . Tinubus card was to supponsor media propaganda and hype . forgetting that Nigerians has not forgotten how media propaganda landed the whole nation into hardship . You're not patriotic most of you here don't know what that word means .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Devil Will Find Work For Idle Students - Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu / N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors / I Didn't Say APC Is Worse Than PDP &Shuld Not Expect Votes Frm N/east -Sen Bukar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.