Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! (2329 Views)

Firefox Disable By Virus! / Help! My Gmail Account As Been Disable. / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! by sholasys: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2007
pls how can i hv access to regedit?? help pls
i have this error when ever i wanted to hv access to it " registry editing has been disable by your administrator"
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! by Ralvy(m): 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2007
Open the run box and type "gpedit.msc" (wihtout quotes),
Find attached pic1 to see what u shuld get,

Expand user configuration

Administrative templates

And system

You should see the option to disable regedit.

Doubl click to get the option to enable/ disable and select "not configured", After doing that,  your good tu go*

Type "regedit" in the run box without quotes.

Expand HKCU - Software - Microsoft - Windows - Current version - policies - system and delete other registry values to gain administrative preilages back,

Good Luck!

Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 02, 2007
check some of the previous threads,
you almost certainly have a virus(possibly the coolpics virus.you can confirm this by trying to access your folder options, and trying to call up task manager.if you can't do either, you've got the virus.
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! by sholasys: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2007
gpedit. msc is not opening at the particular lapto. what should i do ?
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! by Ralvy(m): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2007
I would advise you to re-install XP on the same partition meaning u are not loosing ur files, If you are not willing to do this alone, we can chat while u do it on YIM. If this is not what you want, download Hiren's Boot CD 9.0 and burn image to disk, you can do anything with the CD. If your connection is not good and you can't download the CD,

Gimme an hour or two, let me search my archives grin grin grin researching,
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disable By Your Administrator Help! by Ralvy(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2007
I have been buzzing you on Yahoo! Messenger,
I know that Norton products cannot be uninstalled from computers easily.
I have uploaded a Norton Removal tool;
You can download it at the link below,

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fz3pj

After using teh file, delete it from my acoount by clicking o this link;

http://www.sendspace.com/delete/3fz3pj/txtk7

See Image below;

(1) (Reply)

Slim Down Windows Vista Badly (geeks Only) / All My Browser Refuse To Open Facebook / USA Used Gaming HP Elitebook 8460p,intel Core-i7 2.8ghz+1GB Radeon Graphx -SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.