Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,750 members, 7,955,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Paying Tithes After Retirement. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithes After Retirement. (681 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Donedeal1(m): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2022
Greetings to you all my fellow Naira landers and Calvary greeting to my fellow beloved in Christ.
According to the book of Malachi we are suppose to pay tithes. Agreed,but my questions is, are retired workers mandated to pay tithes even whereby the pensions are nothing to write home about.
Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 13, 2022
Donedeal1:

According to the book of Malachi we are suppose to pay tithes.

Where in the book of Malachi, does it says Christians are to pay tithes?

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:22am On Feb 13, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by SWATMan: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

grin grin grin
Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Righteousness2(m): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2022
Until you have an Understanding that Tithe does not belong to you, you will keep rigmarolling in this matter.
Your Tithe Belongs to GOD.

Tithe is a tenth of whatever you received.
Even if you receive 100 nairaland! 10 Naira belongs to GOD.

You must understand that your tithe does not substitute for the salvation of your soul.
The Salvation of your soul is what Guarantees you Eternal life in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by jesusjnr1: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2022
I believe the tithing is substandard for Christ's Church, and if there be an example the church ought to emulate, it should be that of first church.

Acts 4:32 (KJV)

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Acts 4:34-35 (KJV)

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

The above ought to be the standard of giving in the church, however in the absense of that standard, tithing is the next best thing, however it must also be utilized as was done in the first church. In other words, it should not be accumulated by the church leaders, but distributed according to need of the church and her members as shown by the apostles of Christ who were the leaders of the church Christ built.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by FirmTR(m): 9:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Una dey, one entrepreneur abi na pastorpreneur go dey fool una with paying of tithe.

Wise oo

2 Likes

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Amotolongbo(f): 9:25am On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
Tithe is a tenth of whatever you received.
Even if you receive 100 nairaland! 10 Naira belongs to GOD.

You must understand that your tithe does not substitute for the salvation of your soul.
The Salvation of your soul is what Guarantees you Eternal life in Heaven.

10 naira belongs to the pastor and building

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by desiredhome: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2022
The reason Nigeria is the world capital of poverty is ignorant......only the greedy falls victim to scammers.......

You can't disobey God and expect something good from Him...God is not an author of confusion......
Obedience is better than sacrifice........

The quest for quick money (get rich quick) had made gullible Nigerians victims to our charlatans/pastorprenours......

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by desiredhome: 11:00am On Feb 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:
10 naira belongs to the pastor and building
One sister said she will pay her tithe etc .....and whatever they do with the money she gives is not her business.......

I ask her if she will still say same to the politicians?......

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by jmoore(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2022
Donedeal1:
Greetings to you all my fellow Naira landers and Calvary greeting to my fellow beloved in Christ.
According to the book of Malachi we are suppose to pay tithes. Agreed,but my questions is, are retired workers mandated to pay tithes even whereby the pensions are nothing to write home about.

According to the Bible.

1- You can eat your tithe.

2- You can give your tithes to widows, poor ones and orphans.

3. What about Levites? Levites are descendants of Levi. No Nigerian pastor is from the tribe of Levi. Therefore Levites don't exist in Nigeria, but widows, poor, orphans and yourself exist.

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by ibechris(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
When they want your money they will quote the book of Malachi but when u want to do things in the old testament like marrying two wife's,they will easily remind of the old testament,saying old things have past way.

Let them show us where is boldly stated that Jesus collected tithe or mandated it.

If they are not criminals using church to amass wealth at the detriment of the gullible ones.

I pity the poor and uneducated Nigerians. When u talk Oga righteousness would be talking trash without Biblical backing. Na only holy spirit he will be talking about as if he was among the 12 disciples

U guys should keep deceiving the poor amongst u...on that great day of judgement,it would be full of shock and surprises as many men of God of this day will see that God can never be mocked.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Donedeal1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
jmoore:

According to the Bible.

1- You can eat your tithe.

2- You can give your tithes to widows, poor ones and orphans.

3. What about Levites? Levites are descendants of Levi. No Nigerian pastor is from the tribe of Levi. Therefore Levites don't exist in Nigeria, but widows, poor, orphans and yourself exist.

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29.
Think so as well, but my worrying is no pastor reminds you of your obligations to the poor and needy,widows are on their own in fact they too must part with tithes, orphans too,
But good deeds,kindness, helping the needy, sowing into someone life has gone from our sermons this days.That is why am asking the question.
Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Donedeal1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there maybe meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to received it.Malachi 3:10,Neh13:12,2King 7:2.
Now the Church services seems to start and ended on this familiar note,
Meanwhile Jesus Christ said we must do this but not neglecting out doing good deeds as well.
Re: Paying Tithes After Retirement. by Donedeal1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
jesusjnr1:
I believe the tithing is substandard for Christ's Church, and if there be an example the church ought to emulate, it should be that of first church.

Acts 4:32 (KJV)

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Acts 4:34-35 (KJV)

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

The above ought to be the standard of giving in the church, however in the absense of that standard, tithing is the next best thing, however it must also be utilized as was done in the first church. In other words, it should not be accumulated by the church leaders, but distributed according to need of the church and her members as shown by the apostles of Christ who were the leaders of the church Christ built.

God bless.
The situations is even worsted this days, if any one moved by conscience to help the poor and needy ones amongst he "may" incurred the wrathful angers of the pastor in charge who feels such money should have been sowed into the storehouse.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

40 Signs You Are A Shallow Christian 1&2 DKO / Is This Too Much To Ask ? / In The Name Of The Father, The Son And The Holy Spirit: What Is The Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.