Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public (195 Views)

Nigerian Lady Slaps Her BF For Proposing In Public After One Month Of Dating(vid / Journalist Tries To Shame Man For Proposing In KFC, It Backfires Hilariously / MC Boki, MC Makopolo, Sophia Allison: Behind Videos Of Ladies Proposing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public by Azeemokoya: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
Valentine’s Day is a day set aside to celebrate lovers and their admirers across the globe.
On Monday, February 14, another Valentine’s Day event is coming up and there is going to be another moment of excitement, and sadness all encompassing on this day. Some noble men of valor will be aiming to propose to their partners.

Specifically, I admire men who often go down on their knees to propose to women in public places. You’ll see men propose to women in Shoprite, cinema hall, at the beach, on the Street, etc.

Some men go all in. They don’t care, “if I perish, I perish” “If I win, I win, It’s now or never,” they say to themselves.

I am not going to lie, the thing about love is that, it can be flaky.

One minute you’re like yo I’m about to seal the deal with this beau… I’m about to take this to a whole new level.

Like a movie superhero, I’ll be on top of the world if she agrees to marry. And if she says ‘NO’, homeboy you’re about to be ridiculed on Twitter, a story on Instablog.

These are some of the pros and cons of proposing to a partner or lover in public… A generation of stoics, you don’t really know what to expect.
After you’ve planned and strategized for two months, you now hear ‘NO’. These things happen.

Indeed, It’s a dangerous business proposing in public.

Reminiscing on a particular Valentine’s Day heartbreak from a couple of years ago, I was at a mall with a friend to grab a cup of ice cream. We were having a cup of ice cream when a well dressed young man decided to pop the question to his soft-looking beau.

He wanted to settle his affairs before the year 2020 became hectic.

I don’t know how long they’ve been dating as it’s none of my business, but I know I saw them smiling sheepishly. Apparently, something was going on between them.

Suddenly, the man went down on his knees to ask for his babes hand in marriage. As expected, everyone started screaming ‘SAY YES’, ‘AWWWN’, ‘OH MY GOD!’

The atmosphere was oozing romance.

The babe now started crying and shaking her head for several minutes, at this time the noise in the room has reduced…

Something must be wrong somewhere.

Is It the ring that is making the girl cry? Or because she’s about to shatter the heart of my homeboy…?

https://newsroundtheclock.com/valentines-day-its-a-dangerous-business-proposing-in-public/

Re: Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public by Mrkcee(m): 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Only a fool will propose to a lady in public without having discussed marriage with the said lady.
U both should have talked & you must have been sure she'll accept before proposing; how can u want to marry someone that won't want to marry u? It's foolish.

Lastly, na only Simps dey kneel down propose. cool
Re: Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mrkcee:
Only a fool will propose to a lady in public without having discussed marriage with the said lady.
U both should have talked & you must have been sure she'll accept before proposing; how can u want to marry someone that won't want to marry u? It's foolish.

[s]Lastly, na only Simps dey kneel down propose[/s]. cool

1 Like

Re: Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public by odinson1(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Only a Foolish,Good for nothing,Sex starved Simp would go down on his knee to Beg a PROSTITUTE to put a Leach around his neck in the name of marriage. If the PROSTITUTE agrees to marry the simp,she will turn the miserable simp into her Slave,and she will proceed to milking him Dry,while rewarding him with sex once every four months for being a Good Dog.
Re: Valentine’s Day: It’s A Dangerous Business Proposing In Public by Ogamysamo: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
strong men bear the heat of the sun but only the brave ones can stand the heat of fire. public marriage proposal is worth it.
if disappointment is the case it is still a way to prepare you ahead for the up and down of marriage

(1) (Reply)

Valentine:love Lost Or Lust Gained / Relationship Counselor / Easter: Let's Share Our Various Ways Of Celebrating Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.