Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

How Close Are You To Your Kid(s) As Parent(s)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Close Are You To Your Kid(s) As Parent(s)? (258 Views)

What's The Most Hurtful Thing Your Parent(s) Has/have Ever Told You? / Take A Picture Of Your Kid(s) Before Going To Public Places / Should Children Say Thank You To Their Parent(s) After Every Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Close Are You To Your Kid(s) As Parent(s)? by EjimaOfLagos: 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
Recently, we have been seeing and reading a lot of negative things on social media whereby some teenagers who are getting involved in Rituals and this could have been caused by parents neglecting their duties/responsibilities. Personally, everything is not about money and as a parent(s) we have a big role to play in the life of our children while they’re growing up. (It is very important)

There’s a bible passage that says::::::::::

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he’s old he will not depart from it (Proverb 22:6)

Let me use myself as an example

I’m a father of Twins (A boy & a girl 9years of age) I play with my kids like we are age mates, play games (PS3) with my son. My neighbor’s children always sees us & told my kids their own parents don’t use to play with them like I use to but to always shout on them. I always tell them I love them & also to respect there elders. Despite the Playing & love I show them, I discipline them very well whenever they misbehave, Likewise my wife too checks what they watch on TV, the cartoons & TV programs they watch and always gives them listening ears etc…….

Please as parents, be it single parent let us try as much as possible to create time for our children no matter how busy we can be. Children needs LOVE & ATTENTION by doing this, it will help them grow on their own anywhere they find theirselves. May God keep our children & provide for the ones looking up to God for the fruits of the womb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Close Are You To Your Kid(s) As Parent(s)? by Kobojunkiee: 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
EjimaOfLagos:
There’s a bible passage that says::::::::::

Train up a child in the way he should go and when he’s old he will not depart from it (Proverb 22:6)

Let me use myself as an example
Before you quote from the bible, make certain you thoroughly understand the meaning of what you quote. undecided

The Way as mentioned in that verse refers to the Old Covenant Law of Moses, God's Law and agreement made by Him with those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins... Gentiles were excluded from following that way by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

That verse in the book of psalms instead refers to God's mandate, given to the children of Israel, commanding they teach their children to abide by the Law of the Land, the 613 statutes and commandments of His Old Covenant Law of Moses, the national constitution and Law of the land of Israel given by God to the Nation of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

Parents, Grandparents, Neighbors etc., were tasked with teaching God's Law and only God's Law to the children and everyone else around them, this in the Old testament. - Leviticus 10 vs 11 & Deuteronomy 4 vs 9 - 45 & Deuteronomy 5 vs 51 & Deuteronomy 6 vs 1 - 24 & Deuteronomy 11 vs 19...

That statement in Psalms in no way supports your indoctrination of your children in anyway of form..
Re: How Close Are You To Your Kid(s) As Parent(s)? by EjimaOfLagos: 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
[s]Before you quote from the bible, make certain you thoroughly understand the meaning of what you quote. undecided

The Way as mentioned in that verse refers to the Old Covenant Law of Moses, God's Law and agreement made by Him with those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins... Gentiles were excluded from following that way by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

That verse in the book of psalms instead refers to God's mandate, given to the children of Israel, commanding they teach their children to abide by the Law of the Land, the 613 statutes and commandments of His Old Covenant Law of Moses, the national constitution and Law of the land of Israel given by God to the Nation of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

Parents, Grandparents, Neighbors etc., were tasked with teaching God's Law and only God's Law to the children and everyone else around them, this in the Old testament. - Leviticus 10 vs 11 & Deuteronomy 4 vs 9 - 45 & Deuteronomy 5 vs 51 & Deuteronomy 6 vs 1 - 24 & Deuteronomy 11 vs 19...

That statement in Psalms in no way supports your indoctrination of your children in anyway of form..
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

IWD: Men Are Like Babies, Pamper Them - Veterans Tell Nigerian Women / 6 Bedroom With Swimming Pool In Abuja / Reasons For Installing Elevators At Tiny Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.