Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

What Attracted You To Learn how to code? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Attracted You To Learn how to code? (13008 Views)

Corridorspreeuniversity: Learn To Code For Free / Hot!!! How To Learn To Code Using Your Android Device / Teach Yourself To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chloraseptic:
I really need to learn this coding and get some certification before I travel abroad.

Is it advisible to learn it here and get certified (will it be valued abroad) or should I wait and learn it over there and get certified?.

And to think I studied computer science in schoo

What certificate do you need again?

You actually don't need any
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

A job that offers a visa sponsorship angry grin.

A job that allow you go for yearly meetup will bang tho
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by DonroxyII: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
Obasempiree:
Good day guys, as a web developer myself i would say i did not really love coding at all till about 3 years ago. I studied accounting and finance in school but after my Nysc, I volunteered to be part of my friends start up entertainment website as a web administrator on the back end to reply messages from support, approve comments and make modifications. I actually started to develop interest because prior before then i never knew how a website worked from back end, i was just amazed lol and developed interest from there. One year later in 2020 i made a decision to teach myself how to code starting from html, css and then proceeded to JavaScript and php though i only work with JavaScript for now as i was advised to master one programming language before moving to another. It has been fun, challenging and cool since then, i have done a couple of projects for clients also. So guys what really attracted you to coding/ programming?
I think Programming is central to Life since everything is in Codes behind the Mega structures. Oyinbo must not tell us everything Finish grin ..... Understanding Programming is like Understanding Life/Earth itself and the Operability of everything therein, You can create anything you conceive and give them Life if the mechanics are right and get paid hugely once Society see your creativity as necessity.

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by DonroxyII: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:
I was in accounting before and one day a guy sitting next to me at work who was a developer wrote a code in my presence to help me automate a task I was doing which was very laborious and repetitive, this was when I said to myself coding is for me. Though the journey was not easy as a self-taught I had to take a three year degree course overseas and that was how I was able to get a good understanding of coding and now I develop complex ASP.NET / .Net Core and RESTful API applications. Though I learnt Java at uni and my programming lecturer did not like to hear C# and ASP.Net grin but I keep on learning it as that was the language I was learning before I went to uni as I have fallen in love with it.
I'm in Accounting too but Do You still do Accounting or that's a forgotten Career ?

How did Accounting helped in shaping your programming or No help at all ?
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by DonroxyII: 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
Obasempiree:
Good day guys, as a web developer myself i would say i did not really love coding at all till about 3 years ago. I studied accounting and finance in school but after my Nysc, I volunteered to be part of my friends start up entertainment website as a web administrator on the back end to reply messages from support, approve comments and make modifications. I actually started to develop interest because prior before then i never knew how a website worked from back end, i was just amazed lol and developed interest from there. One year later in 2020 i made a decision to teach myself how to code starting from html, css and then proceeded to JavaScript and php though i only work with JavaScript for now as i was advised to master one programming language before moving to another. It has been fun, challenging and cool since then, i have done a couple of projects for clients also. So guys what really attracted you to coding/ programming?
Have You now dusted Accounting or You combined the two. Kinda scared Coding Ultimately will take me away from Accounting cheesy
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
DonroxyII:

I'm in Accounting too but Do You still do Accounting or that's a forgotten Career ?

Good question. The transition has been wonderful as it has helped me a lot.

1. I got my first programming job in a big accounting firm a few months after completing my uni in programming and the manager told me he saw on my CV that I was into accounting before and they needed to use my accounting background for a complex integration between two of their accounting applications.

2. Having an accounting background before going to study programming has been very useful for me, as only knowing programming most likely means someone will have to always work for someone or look for work as they would need someone else to tell them what their business needs are so that they can program it for the organisation and while the business makes continuous millions or even billions the programer get little from all his hard work.

3. My accounting background before going into programming has helped my to setup my own online platform used by big accounting firms and they love it some much that they are asking me to add more functionalities for them to use, this is due to the fact that I understood what will make the life of accountants in practice easy as a result of my accounting background.

2 Likes

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Obasempiree(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
DonroxyII:

Well accounting works on principles that make things work, programming is basically dsame whatever isn't right in the process wouldn't produce the desired output so that has helped me in a way. I tried to apply in accounting position once but they informed me I look more like a full transitioned tech guy than an accountant actually grin grin. I focus on programming full time now maybe I could build an accounting software sometime in the future no knowledge is lost. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Chloraseptic: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

What certificate do you need again?

You actually don't need any

Aside university, isn't there a certificate one can obtain after learning so much about it in any of these institutions around.
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by tangoalpharomeo: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chloraseptic:

As in en.. We are so outdated in education sector in this country..

Most computer science student don't even have ideas of what coding is all about.

Exactly my brother �
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chloraseptic:

Aside university, isn't there a certificate one can obtain after learning so much about it in any of these institutions around.

There're but not necessary. First is what path of coding do you want to dive into?
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Chloraseptic: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

There're but not necessary. First is what path of coding do you want to dive into?

Which would you advise me to dive into as an intending immigrant
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chloraseptic:

Which would you advise me to dive into as an intending immigrant

Do your research.

There're other non-coding roles too.

Just do your research. You can open a thread for more advice from bosses on here (after your research).
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by DonroxyII: 6:47pm On Feb 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Good question. The transition has been wonderful as it has helped me a lot.

1. I got my first programming job in a big accounting firm a few months after completing my uni in programming and the manager told me he saw on my CV that I was into accounting before and they needed to use my accounting background for a complex integration between two of their accounting applications.

2. Having an accounting background before going to study programming has been very useful for me, as only knowing programming most likely means someone will have to always work for someone or look for work as they would need someone else to tell them what their business needs are so that they can program it for the organisation and while the business makes continuous millions or even billions the programer get little from all his hard work.

3. My accounting background before going into programming has helped my to setup my own online platform used by big accounting firms and they love it some much that they are asking me to add more functionalities for them to use, this is due to the fact that I understood what will make the life of accountants in practice easy as a result of my accounting background.
You are a "Love" ... God will bless You so sweet. You just Cleanse a Worry. I Would have asked You to remove the yellow fonts but the Information is quite Adoring.

Which IT are you into and which stack can really help my Accountancy Profession:

I'm thinking Data Science/Data Analysis/Business Analysis

I also think Information System Auditor/Information System Professional/Cybersecurity

I'm of the opinion that Web Development can't help My Accounting profession :

I'm just looking for right Tech that will love to take My Accounting as Inseparable Bride cheesy
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
DonroxyII:
You are a "Love" ... God will bless You so sweet. You just Cleanse a Worry. I Would have asked You to remove the yellow fonts but the Information is quite Adoring.

Which IT are you into and which stack can really help my Accountancy Profession:

I'm thinking Data Science/Data Analysis/Business Analysis

I also think Information System Auditor/Information System Professional/Cybersecurity

I'm of the opinion that Web Development can't help My Accounting profession :

I'm just looking for right Tech that will love to take My Accounting as Inseparable Bride cheesy

No problem. First of all it will depend on which country you are based currently and the area of accounting you are working in at present?
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Chloraseptic: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

Do your research.

There're other non-coding roles too.

Just do your research. You can open a thread for more advice from bosses on here (after your research).

Thanks and I will do just as you say

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by DonroxyII: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
MindHacker9000:

No problem. First of all it will depend on which country you are based currently and the area of accounting you are working in at present?
Nigeria for Now and On God, I wanna Japa too grin ...

I'm into Management/Financial Accounting for now.

I think future role in Auditing/Forensic/Business Analysis is a choice depending on next Job and the role..

I have not concluded yet as I am an Open Source for now cheesy
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
DonroxyII:

Nigeria for Now and On God, I wanna Japa too grin ...

I'm into Management/Financial Accounting for now.

I think future role in Auditing/Forensic/Business Analysis is a choice depending on next Job and the role..

I have not concluded yet as I am an Open Source for now cheesy

On God you Move. My programming stack is C#, .net, web and SQL server. I was doing some programming before going to uni which really helped to speed up my career. I would suggest going for cyber security as there is high demand in developed countries for this and you can combine it with Forensic Accounting.

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by DonroxyII: 3:04am On Feb 15, 2022
MindHacker9000:

On God you Move. My programming stack is C#, .net, web and SQL server. I was doing some programming before going to uni which really helped to speed up my career. I would suggest going for cyber security as there is high demand in developed countries for this and you can combine it with Forensic Accounting.
Amen Bro, Amen. More success and Breakthrough to you too.

CyberSecurity + Forensic Accounting Wawuuuuu I already archived this Beautiful post. Thanks so much Sir.
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2022
DonroxyII:
Amen Bro, Amen. More success and Breakthrough to you too.

CyberSecurity + Forensic Accounting Wawuuuuu I already archived this Beautiful post. Thanks so much Sir.

Amen. Thanks, God will give you your Breakthrough into CyberSecurity + Forensic Accounting. Keep marching on, you will surely get there.
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by norolubiirogib: 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
so many things
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Hannover(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
I work in Lagos but I was just told by the company I work for to transfer to Enugu. I just payed my rent 2 weeks ago and get the news of the transfer today. The house is a self contained apartment(toilet, bathroom and kitchen ensuite)at Onipanu just after Palmgrove. I need someone who is interested in the apartment to let me know. Pay me the difference and I move. I'll also introduce you to my landlord.

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by dontro(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Curiosity
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Lastlook: 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
I started when I was in love with wanawap and wapforumx. I was always on this website 24/7 (Around 2006)
The only website, I was visiting on a daily basis then was BBC news on wml.
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
Me, I have always been the curious type, and I have wondered what causes computers to operate the way they do, so when I picked up a book that shows how assembly language is created, I knew then that I have a new career to pursue, and ever since, I have been relentless, till I got what I want.

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by FuckDModz: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
XDA
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Chloraseptic:
I really need to learn this coding and get some certification before I travel abroad.

Is it advisible to learn it here and get certified (will it be valued abroad) or should I wait and learn it over there and get certified?.

And to think I studied computer science in school

How does one get a degree in computer science without learning how to code? Which school, if you don't mind my asking?
Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Lalami3232(m): 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
A day without me writing code is a wasted day. Nothing sweet reach backend for this life. If you come go be fullstack, life go sweet you more.
I'm a software engineer and I have no other life!!!

1 Like

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by debbie(f): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Okay back in the days i started learning coding out of curiosity and i started with Visual basic(VB) ....but I had to pause . After some years i went in fully as a software engineer and that curiosity kept me going. It takes more than passion to continue in coding, especially when the whole thing doesn't make sense and the expected result is not coming, plus debugging is more than enough to knock you out.
Commitment and disciple for my career pursuit kept me moving...So aside interest and the trend to be tech savvy.....you need more than these to push yourself. And if you dont have the right network of people, you easily get discouraged.

4 Likes

Re: What Attracted You To Learn how to code? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
For me coding is like a chore. The real excitement is the idea/system one is trying to build and if that isn't there, it(coding) feels like just another menial task. Of course, since I do a lot of coding for payment, I've had to modify this attitude a bit and in most cases I use the expected payment to work up the needed excitement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? / Most Used Mysql Database Functions / Is There Any Statement Like C System''pause'' For Python Cos It Dissappears Immediately I run the co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.