Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga (33605 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / Isaac Odigbo In Finland Offers His Marriott’s Malaga Suite For Free In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by HonestFriend: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders, it’s your girl Ms Travelin Diva!

Part 1 of my trip to Spain. First stop is Malaga!

I booked this trip super last minute and didn’t know what to expect, however, many times these are the most memorable vacations and surely this was no different!

We stayed at the AC Marriott Malaga which was comfortable, clean and very central. Its a 4* by European standards and they have one of the best rooftop bars in the city. In fact here are the best rooftop bars in Malaga:

La Terraza de la Alcazaba
La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
AC Marriott Malaga Palacio
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

“The Pharmacy” is a very nice speakeasy and should not be missed if you’re into craft cocktails or an upscale bar experience!

Malaga is very walkable so no need to rent a car. They have a very good transportation system, and Uber and taxis are everywhere and cheap.

To start our trip, we did a private food and wine tour through We Love Malaga which I highly recommend. I found them on Tripadvisor. Do it early (as soon as you arrive or day 2) so that you get a good “lay of the land”. They took us behind the scenes, to the Markets and to Tapas Bars that we would have never experienced and more likely missed had we ventured on our own. This definitely was a highlight of our stay.

The Mercado (market) is also a must, great food, tapas, wines, fresh fruit, veggies, drinks, etc., and very reasonable.

Alcazaba (Roman Ruins) is beautiful and if you go in the evening the cost is free.

You can see the entire city from the top of Gilbralforo Castle and if you’re not wanting to hike it (it’s about a steep 15-20 minute walk) just hop on Bus 35 and it will take you to the top.

Places we really enjoyed eating and were noteworthy at was: El Pimpi, Alcazabar, Lo Güeno, Los Gatos, Mesón Mariano, Refectorium Catedral, Cortijo de Pepe, Mercado de Atarazanas, Taberna García, Los Marangos, and Palacortado

We did a 45 minute Horse & Carriage Tour throughout the city which was amazing and inexpensive (30 euros). They are set up along the Port.

Malaga is on the sea and has amazing white sand beaches (all are public), Malagueña is the closest to the center of Malaga but they have several other beaches within 10-15 minutes of the city center which will take your breath away!

Few tips/notations: they eat late in Spain, I’m talking lunch at 2p, Tapas at 7p and dinner at 10p. Spanish wine is cheaper than water and their wine is actually very good! Easily can get a nice glass of wine or a beer for 2 or 3 euros. Pack wine sleeves so you can bring a bottle or six (lol) back home. You will find great wine under $10 euros easily!

We did not get to visit the Picasso museum but I’ve heard that it’s awesome, so I’ll to see for myself next time. I was todays years old when I found out Picasso was born in Malaga.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous this time of year high 60’s (F) clear skies and sunny!

Whew lots of details but I wanted to share it all because Malaga is a beautiful city/beach town…I just wish I had an extra day or two there.

FYI, applying for a Schengen visa from the US takes about 2 weeks to process (from application to issuance, applied and was approved and received the visa within 10 days with normal processing) and is relatively easy.

If you want to see more in-depth pics and videos of my trip, please check out my Instagram @mstravelindiva_ lots more details there.

First set of pictures is sunset and sunrise above the clouds, gorgeously magical!

Stayed tuned for Spain Part 2: Toledo and Madrid!

Happy Travels!

Enjoy yourself...

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by stanleydsk(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hope to tour it too someday

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by seguno2: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Enjoyed a nice dinner and Sangria right near the hotel

Is the Sangria like chapman with alcohol

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by seguno2: 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
I pray I experience the colourful part of the world soon.

Nigeria na black and white/ darkness cry

Spain and Europe was also in darkness before the people worked for there to be light.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Arian247(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

dd.
Ehyà blind man talk say eye dey smell because him no get eye. Stop body shaming people, if you have nothing positive to comment on peoples post don't even comment at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Michelle70(m): 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Delicious Rose wine at our hotel rooftop bar, Tapas (octopus), morning view of the port from my room balcony and the Alcazaba at night.
could u give a rough estimate of how much u spend?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by joshuaidibia(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

I booked this trip super last minute and didn’t know what to expect, however, many times these are the most memorable vacations and surely this was no different!

We stayed at the AC Marriott Malaga which was comfortable, clean and very central. Its a 4* by European standards and they have one of the best rooftop bars in the city. In fact here are the best rooftop bars in Malaga:

La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

“The Pharmacy” is a very nice speakeasy and should not be missed if you’re into craft cocktails or an upscale bar experience!

Malaga is very walkable so no need to rent a car. They have a very good transportation system, and Uber and taxis are everywhere and cheap.

To start our trip, we did a private food and wine tour through We Love Malaga which I highly recommend. I found them on Tripadvisor. Do it early (as soon as you arrive or day 2) so that you get a good “lay of the land”. They took us behind the scenes, to the Markets and to Tapas Bars that we would have never experienced and more likely missed had we ventured on our own. This definitely was a highlight of our stay.

The Mercado (market) is also a must, great food, tapas, wines, fresh fruit, veggies, drinks, etc., and very reasonable.

Alcazaba (Roman Ruins) is beautiful and if you go in the evening the cost is free.

You can see the entire city from the top of Gilbralforo Castle and if you’re not wanting to hike it (it’s about a steep 15-20 minute walk) just hop on Bus 35 and it will take you to the top.

Places we really enjoyed eating and were noteworthy at was: El Pimpi, Alcazabar, Lo Güeno, Los Gatos, Mesón Mariano, Refectorium Catedral, Cortijo de Pepe, Mercado de Atarazanas, Taberna García, Los Marangos, and Palacortado

We did a 45 minute Horse & Carriage Tour throughout the city which was amazing and inexpensive (30 euros). They are set up along the Port.

Malaga is on the sea and has amazing white sand beaches (all are public), Malagueña is the closest to the center of Malaga but they have several other beaches within 10-15 minutes of the city center which will take your breath away!

Few tips/notations: they eat late in Spain, I’m talking lunch at 2p, Tapas at 7p and dinner at 10p. Spanish wine is cheaper than water and their wine is actually very good! Easily can get a nice glass of wine or a beer for 2 or 3 euros. Pack wine sleeves so you can bring a bottle or six (lol) back home. You will find great wine under $10 euros easily!

We did not get to visit the Picasso museum but I’ve heard that it’s awesome, so I’ll to see for myself next time. I was todays years old when I found out Picasso was born in Malaga.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous this time of year high 60’s (F) clear skies and sunny!

Whew lots of details but I wanted to share it all because Malaga is a beautiful city/beach town…I just wish I had an extra day or two there.

FYI, applying for a Schengen visa from the US takes about 2 weeks to process (from application to issuance, applied and was approved and received the visa within 10 days with normal processing) and is relatively easy.

If you want to see more in-depth pics and videos of my trip, please check out my Instagram @mstravelindiva_ lots more details there.

First set of pictures is sunset and sunrise above the clouds, gorgeously magical!

Happy Travels!

What phone are you using? Nice camera quality. Congrats and stay safe

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Randy100:

What have you done to recover your money?

The money involved is just 5000.

I'm more interested in tracking and picking him up than in recovering the money, so as to pass a message to every other thief here that they can be tracked.
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by sharpwriter(m): 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
seguno2:

Is the Sangria like chapman with alcohol
Every Sangria has alcohol, it's a Spanish traditional drink which can even be made from home.

Kai... I miss Don Simon Sangria,

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Ralphlauren(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Delicious Rose wine at our hotel rooftop bar, Tapas (octopus), morning view of the port from my room balcony and the Alcazaba at night.

Thanks for sharing.

I have taken notes.

I have a holiday booked in the next few months and I'll be staying at Marriott's Playa Andaluza.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Exkandayee(m): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

Happy Travels!
I'm single baby girl and ready to mingle
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by bibianna(f): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lovely trip!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by wonlasewonimi: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
Wow! This is so right on time...going to Malaga in 2 weeks

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by ttmacoy: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
If she lives abroad which I think she does, then it's relatively easier to pay for such trips compared to Nigeria where its more for the rich.

You may have to prioritize and give up some things such as buying expensive clothes etc. based on what's important to you. For example a teenager in the UK can work over the summer break and save enough to pay for a trip. Obviously the teenager will be living at home so not paying rent etc. but still the average teenager in Nigeria cannot save up over summer break from school to fund such a trip, it will have to be funded by his/her rich parents.

solochris:
I just feel like repeating this same question asked sometime ago, "who is bankrolling this trip"? But I have decided not to ask again

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by mrbenjame: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Food tour

Please what phone did you use in snapping. I think I love the picture quality.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Emola12(m): 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
So people no go come hear world again abi Malaga wey be say nah dere dey born me!!! Nah Ikorodu nain remain wey I wan go now
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Enjoyed a nice dinner and Sangria right near the hotel
Here comes the queen of travel, glad to see your thread here again and happy new year to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by exnovio(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nice place,.. please when u get to Madrid connect me. I might show you some some nice places here. ..... estoy aquí esperando... bienvenida al nuestro país España

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by BERNIMOORE: 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
EvilNeedle:

It's an iPhone
WOW

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Jayphoenix45(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
Learner247:

It is just for now. You will be able to afford it soonest and this time it will be more fun because you will do it with your family.
Amen brother.. Thanks a lot..

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by planetx: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
darediamond:

Take Good use of your escape from this Useless-polithiefcians-cursed country called Nigeria.

Before you leave, if you can, Open bank accounts with all the Traditional Banks And Deposit Thousands or better Million or Naira into each opened account which preferably should be Business Account.

When you ESCAPE finally, use each of the internet transactions enabled MasterCard or Visa Card to buy Euro or Pounds Or Dollar via any atm Machines in the locality you are over there and sell the euro or pounds or dollars via black market.

If you escape to Britain it is easy as there are Agents that will Buy the pounds from you at Black market rates and directly do online transfer into your Nigeria Bank Accounts. Now after you completes each cycle with each bank, rinse and repeat through each of the Bank App.

You can use Ghana too for this smart Arbitrage.

There are series of other ways to do this Smart Private Bureau De Change.

Do not just spend that Millions To Escape, Recover your funds back once you get to your destination.

To all you central bank agents viewing this, whether you like it or not, smart arbitrage opportunities will always keep opening even if you keep killing the channels you think you know.
Tell me more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Jayphoenix45(m): 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
EvilNeedle:

Hey, you can always get divorced so you can travel and see the world once again.

��� nope...i love my family..was just trying to say singles have more financial freedom and recklessness than married people because when married you have to weigh all financial decisions because you're not alone anymore..

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Jayphoenix45(m): 7:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
Starzo:

who send you go marry?
Bros nobody send me o..decided on it and its been beautiful.. My own be say i no fit spend money anyhow again like before..i have to be calculative but economy also affected my finances abit..
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Starzo: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
Bros nobody send me o..decided on it and its been beautiful.. My own be say i no fit spend money anyhow again like before..i have to be calculative but economy also affected my finances abit..
Naim go for you...ntoorrr!! grin
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Starzo: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Exkandayee:

I'm single baby girl and ready to mingle
Ole thief!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Teaser4(m): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
ufuosman:

I don run leave Malaga b4 dem send me go village
lol bro
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by MrJavaS: 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
I am going to make money

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
CXLVII:
What does their beer taste like? Light or heavy?

I heard they have one of the best hand-made cigars.

Is it also easy to access cocaine?

Beer taste light similar to a lager. I’m not a smoker so I can’t speak to their cigars, and I don’t do illegal drugs so I have no idea regarding accessing it.
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yankiss:
Good one, OP. This is stuff we like. It's like taking a tour with you to Malango except that appetite is whetting and no relief. Next time bring some foreign cuisine back and share on Nairaland. We will appreciate. grin grin

Hey friend, great point but there wasn’t a lot of blacks in Malaga. I actually researched and was looking to try a Nigerian (or west African) restaurant while I was there but none was available.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
solochris:
I just feel like repeating this same question asked sometime ago, "who is bankrolling this trip"? But I have decided not to ask again

Friend, I’m not sure why it matters, and I’ve addressed this before. So here’s my question for you, if I were a man would you be asking this? Probably not, so let’s stick to topic at hand which is “travel”.

Take care and be well!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trailer Kills Man In Benin (Viewer's Discretion Strongly Advised) / See What Kofar Ruwa Underpass In Kano Looks Like At Night (Photos) / Car Falls Off A Bridge In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.