Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga (33626 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / Isaac Odigbo In Finland Offers His Marriott’s Malaga Suite For Free In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
This is beautiful. I Remember when i was single and had no responsibilities, i had a little taste of various countries in europe and asia.i could afford it conveniently.Now planning a trip will strangle my finances because the dollar rate and flight tickets can't favour a family of four based on my earnings..i really do miss the vibes i always got whenever i touched down in a new country..i envy you

Sending you positive vibes that travels will be in your near future. You got this!

Take care and be well friend!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Legendoo:
How do you find time to travel? Are you working?

Please give us some tips for those of us that are busy with work. Also cost breakdowns. Thanks

Hey friend, great question!

I work full time, however, I get paid time off/leave to use each year. I save my time off (and coins) and book my travels off season or during shoulder season which is a lot cheaper.

I did a YouTube video on how to find and book the cheapest airfare (including out of Nigeria) and also how to find accommodations to meet any budget. Please check it out and let me know if you still have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7eVUIMtXd0

Safe travels!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
Olympiacos:
Stop downloading online pictures and be claiming you've travel for us.

Lol, really friend…is that what you think I’m doing? I travel and these are my pictures that I took with my iPhone.

Sending you some positive vibes.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
BERNIMOORE:
Your camera is what really atracted me here...I guess its either Gopro 10, 4k or Sony V10pro shooting in 4k mode

Thank you, I use my phone, it’s the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Benalmádena is a beautiful city..... Very innocent place, clean air and plenty attractions......... smiley

Good to know, I’ll have to add this to my next visit.

Thank you friend!
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kizyte:
Good camera! Please what phone do you use?

iPhone 12 Pro Max
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
planetx:
Spain is nice but don't give the japa crew any ideas that it is a place to go and hustle to make money. Anything apart from tourism forget Spain. There is no greener pastures there, don't let the nice pictures fool you.

I agree, Spain is not for hustling, it’s for tourism, and if you don’t know some basic Spanish it’s going to be difficult to navigate around.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
adebwalex:

Am available for Part 2, kindly contact me , thanks grin

Part 2 (Madrid and Toledo) is coming shortly! I appreciate the enthusiasm friend!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 9:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
TheGift:
Really nice @mstravelindiva_

Now I have an idea of where to go when I visit Spain. Thanks

Happy traveling.

You’re welcome friend and safe travels!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Realhommie(m): 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
Who's funding your trips undecided
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
tremilatre:

I'm currently touring Madrid & & Toledo. Gone through your other threads, nice nice. I'm a travel freak myself, done visits to Paris, Milan, Venice, London, NY , Bahamas, Belgium, Amsterdam and a few others.
Travel is educative.
Never mind the naysayers asking how you fund your trips, they know nothing. smiley

Wonderful! I’m sure you’re having an amazing time in Madrid and Toledo, I absolutely loved it - I’ll be posting my part 2 with all the details and of course…pictures!

Safe travels friend!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
OmoEsan:
It is so surprising seeing most people asking "who is bankrolling the trip"

Are y'all so broke? you guys need a mind cleansing from poverty mentality.

And I just don't want to think about the fact, that you guys are asking because she is a lady, that would make your questions even more irritating. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Yesssssssssss! I just love you guys…you immediately step in and call out these types of chauvinistic biases and unwarranted concerns very quickly.

Thank you friend!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by YellowMayor(m): 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Totohoazi:
If Buhari should manage this country for 1 yr, chai

You for just say 1 month self
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Michelle70:
could u give a rough estimate of how much u spend?

Flights were around $1350 per person (I flew delta and KLM)
Accommodations was $155 per night. However they have accommodations for 1/4 of this cost such as hostels for $30 a night.

Food and tours vary based on what you do, eat and drink. My private food and wine tour was $160 euros.

Spain has really cheap food compared to other Western Europe countries, so depending on budget you can easily get by with under 20 euros per day for food. Tapas vary from as cheap as 1euro.

I hope this helps, safe travels!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
seguno2:

Is the Sangria like chapman with alcohol

Its a mixture of Spanish red wine, usually with brandy and chopped fruit. Some add sugar and/or lemon soda to sweeten it.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Thanks for sharing.

I have taken notes.

I have a holiday booked in the next few months and I'll be staying at Marriott's Playa Andaluza.

Beautiful resort, enjoy! That’s going to be a fabulous holiday!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
wonlasewonimi:
Wow! This is so right on time...going to Malaga in 2 weeks

Yay, have a wonderful trip and safe travels friend! smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
Here comes the queen of travel, glad to see your thread here again and happy new year to you.

Thank you friend, I appreciate you and the support! wink

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Michelle70(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Flights were around $1350 per person (I flew delta and KLM)
Accommodations was $155 per night. However they have accommodations for 1/4 of this cost such as hostels for $30 a night.

Food and tours vary based on what you do, eat and drink. My private food and wine tour was $160 euros.

Spain has really cheap food compared to other Western Europe countries, so depending on budget you can easily get by with under 20 euros per day for food. Tapas vary from as cheap as 1euro.

I hope this helps, safe travels!
thanks, ur explanation was well detailed than I expected. I wasn't even expecting this.

I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Michelle70:
thanks, ur explanation was well detailed than I expected. I wasn't even expecting this.

I appreciate

You’re very welcome! I’m a “visual learner” and when I first started to travel I needed very detailed information (in order for me to budget appropriately) and to grasp how best to plan, so I tend to be very detailed when I share/respond. I was so grateful for everyone who patiently helped me and broke down the details. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by solochris(m): 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Friend, I’m not sure why it matters, and I’ve addressed this before. So here’s my question for you, if I were a man would you be asking this? Probably not, so let’s stick to topic at hand which is “travel”.

Take care and be well!

It's alright, all the best

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by kassano22(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Me now be gone!
Realhommie:
Who's funding your trips undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Kizyte(m): 11:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

iPhone 12 Pro Max
Oh OK!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by OmoEsan: 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Yesssssssssss! I just love you guys…you immediately step in and call out these types of chauvinistic biases and unwarranted concerns very quickly.

Thank you friend!!!! grin

It is annoying really.

Enjoy your trip. kiss

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 1:08am On Feb 16, 2022
GVO: Good Vibes Only!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by ibinaboonline: 5:38am On Feb 16, 2022
This is why politicians keep stealing as if they don’t have enough already; their kids have a life to live.
solochris:
I just feel like repeating this same question asked sometime ago, "who is bankrolling this trip"? But I have decided not to ask again
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 11:36am On Feb 16, 2022
Actual stuffed bull display and my hotel at night under beautiful lighting

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by DemMannaScam: 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
Hi
Is there a vax mandate in spain?

Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders, it’s your girl Ms Travelin Diva!

Part 1 of my trip to Spain. First stop is Malaga!

I booked this trip super last minute and didn’t know what to expect, however, many times these are the most memorable vacations and surely this was no different!

We stayed at the AC Marriott Malaga which was comfortable, clean and very central. Its a 4* by European standards and they have one of the best rooftop bars in the city. In fact here are the best rooftop bars in Malaga:

La Terraza de la Alcazaba
La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
AC Marriott Malaga Palacio
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

“The Pharmacy” is a very nice speakeasy and should not be missed if you’re into craft cocktails or an upscale bar experience!

Malaga is very walkable so no need to rent a car. They have a very good transportation system, and Uber and taxis are everywhere and cheap.

To start our trip, we did a private food and wine tour through We Love Malaga which I highly recommend. I found them on Tripadvisor. Do it early (as soon as you arrive or day 2) so that you get a good “lay of the land”. They took us behind the scenes, to the Markets and to Tapas Bars that we would have never experienced and more likely missed had we ventured on our own. This definitely was a highlight of our stay.

The Mercado (market) is also a must, great food, tapas, wines, fresh fruit, veggies, drinks, etc., and very reasonable.

Alcazaba (Roman Ruins) is beautiful and if you go in the evening the cost is free.

You can see the entire city from the top of Gilbralforo Castle and if you’re not wanting to hike it (it’s about a steep 15-20 minute walk) just hop on Bus 35 and it will take you to the top.

Places we really enjoyed eating and were noteworthy at was: El Pimpi, Alcazabar, Lo Güeno, Los Gatos, Mesón Mariano, Refectorium Catedral, Cortijo de Pepe, Mercado de Atarazanas, Taberna García, Los Marangos, and Palacortado

We did a 45 minute Horse & Carriage Tour throughout the city which was amazing and inexpensive (30 euros). They are set up along the Port.

Malaga is on the sea and has amazing white sand beaches (all are public), Malagueña is the closest to the center of Malaga but they have several other beaches within 10-15 minutes of the city center which will take your breath away!

Few tips/notations: they eat late in Spain, I’m talking lunch at 2p, Tapas at 7p and dinner at 10p. Spanish wine is cheaper than water and their wine is actually very good! Easily can get a nice glass of wine or a beer for 2 or 3 euros. Pack wine sleeves so you can bring a bottle or six (lol) back home. You will find great wine under $10 euros easily!

We did not get to visit the Picasso museum but I’ve heard that it’s awesome, so I’ll to see for myself next time. I was todays years old when I found out Picasso was born in Malaga.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous this time of year high 60’s (F) clear skies and sunny!

Whew lots of details but I wanted to share it all because Malaga is a beautiful city/beach town…I just wish I had an extra day or two there.

FYI, applying for a Schengen visa from the US takes about 2 weeks to process (from application to issuance, applied and was approved and received the visa within 10 days with normal processing) and is relatively easy.

If you want to see more in-depth pics and videos of my trip, please check out my Instagram @mstravelindiva_ lots more details there.

First set of pictures is sunset and sunrise above the clouds, gorgeously magical!

Stayed tuned for Spain Part 2: Toledo and Madrid!

Happy Travels!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
DemMannaScam:
Hi
Is there a vax mandate in spain?

Great question, no there isn’t. You either need to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID test to enter the country.
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by DemMannaScam: 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2022
Thanks

Mstravelindiva:

Great question, no there isn’t. You either need to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID test to enter the country.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Mstravelindiva: 3:46am On Feb 18, 2022
adebwalex:

Am available for Part 2, kindly contact me , thanks grin

Part 2 has now been posted, enjoy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Totohoazi: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
Starzo:

No wonder buhari be una president. Malaga na country??
Ode

How will an ardent laliga watcher say Malaga na country

Malaga is in spain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Kofar Ruwa Underpass In Kano Looks Like At Night (Photos) / I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt / Daniel Henry, A Nigerian, Dies In Mumbai India (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.