Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga (33631 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / Isaac Odigbo In Finland Offers His Marriott’s Malaga Suite For Free In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Kizyte(m): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders, it’s your girl Ms Travelin Diva!

Part 1 of my trip to Spain. First stop is Malaga!

I booked this trip super last minute and didn’t know what to expect, however, many times these are the most memorable vacations and surely this was no different!

We stayed at the AC Marriott Malaga which was comfortable, clean and very central. Its a 4* by European standards and they have one of the best rooftop bars in the city. In fact here are the best rooftop bars in Malaga:

La Terraza de la Alcazaba
La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
AC Marriott Malaga Palacio
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

“The Pharmacy” is a very nice speakeasy and should not be missed if you’re into craft cocktails or an upscale bar experience!

Malaga is very walkable so no need to rent a car. They have a very good transportation system, and Uber and taxis are everywhere and cheap.

To start our trip, we did a private food and wine tour through We Love Malaga which I highly recommend. I found them on Tripadvisor. Do it early (as soon as you arrive or day 2) so that you get a good “lay of the land”. They took us behind the scenes, to the Markets and to Tapas Bars that we would have never experienced and more likely missed had we ventured on our own. This definitely was a highlight of our stay.

The Mercado (market) is also a must, great food, tapas, wines, fresh fruit, veggies, drinks, etc., and very reasonable.

Alcazaba (Roman Ruins) is beautiful and if you go in the evening the cost is free.

You can see the entire city from the top of Gilbralforo Castle and if you’re not wanting to hike it (it’s about a steep 15-20 minute walk) just hop on Bus 35 and it will take you to the top.

Places we really enjoyed eating and were noteworthy at was: El Pimpi, Alcazabar, Lo Güeno, Los Gatos, Mesón Mariano, Refectorium Catedral, Cortijo de Pepe, Mercado de Atarazanas, Taberna García, Los Marangos, and Palacortado

We did a 45 minute Horse & Carriage Tour throughout the city which was amazing and inexpensive (30 euros). They are set up along the Port.

Malaga is on the sea and has amazing white sand beaches (all are public), Malagueña is the closest to the center of Malaga but they have several other beaches within 10-15 minutes of the city center which will take your breath away!

Few tips/notations: they eat late in Spain, I’m talking lunch at 2p, Tapas at 7p and dinner at 10p. Spanish wine is cheaper than water and their wine is actually very good! Easily can get a nice glass of wine or a beer for 2 or 3 euros. Pack wine sleeves so you can bring a bottle or six (lol) back home. You will find great wine under $10 euros easily!

We did not get to visit the Picasso museum but I’ve heard that it’s awesome, so I’ll to see for myself next time. I was todays years old when I found out Picasso was born in Malaga.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous this time of year high 60’s (F) clear skies and sunny!

Whew lots of details but I wanted to share it all because Malaga is a beautiful city/beach town…I just wish I had an extra day or two there.

FYI, applying for a Schengen visa from the US takes about 2 weeks to process (from application to issuance, applied and was approved and received the visa within 10 days with normal processing) and is relatively easy.

If you want to see more in-depth pics and videos of my trip, please check out my Instagram @mstravelindiva_ lots more details there.

First set of pictures is sunset and sunrise above the clouds, gorgeously magical!

Stayed tuned for Spain Part 2: Toledo and Madrid!

Happy Travels!
Good camera! Please what phone do you use?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by obailala(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

I booked this trip super last minute and didn’t know what to expect, however, many times these are the most memorable vacations and surely this was no different!

We stayed at the AC Marriott Malaga which was comfortable, clean and very central. Its a 4* by European standards and they have one of the best rooftop bars in the city. In fact here are the best rooftop bars in Malaga:

La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

“The Pharmacy” is a very nice speakeasy and should not be missed if you’re into craft cocktails or an upscale bar experience!

Malaga is very walkable so no need to rent a car. They have a very good transportation system, and Uber and taxis are everywhere and cheap.

To start our trip, we did a private food and wine tour through We Love Malaga which I highly recommend. I found them on Tripadvisor. Do it early (as soon as you arrive or day 2) so that you get a good “lay of the land”. They took us behind the scenes, to the Markets and to Tapas Bars that we would have never experienced and more likely missed had we ventured on our own. This definitely was a highlight of our stay.

The Mercado (market) is also a must, great food, tapas, wines, fresh fruit, veggies, drinks, etc., and very reasonable.

Alcazaba (Roman Ruins) is beautiful and if you go in the evening the cost is free.

You can see the entire city from the top of Gilbralforo Castle and if you’re not wanting to hike it (it’s about a steep 15-20 minute walk) just hop on Bus 35 and it will take you to the top.

Places we really enjoyed eating and were noteworthy at was: El Pimpi, Alcazabar, Lo Güeno, Los Gatos, Mesón Mariano, Refectorium Catedral, Cortijo de Pepe, Mercado de Atarazanas, Taberna García, Los Marangos, and Palacortado

We did a 45 minute Horse & Carriage Tour throughout the city which was amazing and inexpensive (30 euros). They are set up along the Port.

Malaga is on the sea and has amazing white sand beaches (all are public), Malagueña is the closest to the center of Malaga but they have several other beaches within 10-15 minutes of the city center which will take your breath away!

Few tips/notations: they eat late in Spain, I’m talking lunch at 2p, Tapas at 7p and dinner at 10p. Spanish wine is cheaper than water and their wine is actually very good! Easily can get a nice glass of wine or a beer for 2 or 3 euros. Pack wine sleeves so you can bring a bottle or six (lol) back home. You will find great wine under $10 euros easily!

We did not get to visit the Picasso museum but I’ve heard that it’s awesome, so I’ll to see for myself next time. I was todays years old when I found out Picasso was born in Malaga.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous this time of year high 60’s (F) clear skies and sunny!

Whew lots of details but I wanted to share it all because Malaga is a beautiful city/beach town…I just wish I had an extra day or two there.

FYI, applying for a Schengen visa from the US takes about 2 weeks to process (from application to issuance, applied and was approved and received the visa within 10 days with normal processing) and is relatively easy.

If you want to see more in-depth pics and videos of my trip, please check out my Instagram @mstravelindiva_ lots more details there.

First set of pictures is sunset and sunrise above the clouds, gorgeously magical!

Happy Travels!
Beautiful and sharp pictures! What kind of camera did you use?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lovely pictures!!
I have promised myself a food tour and it's only stylish bubus and kaftans I'm taking with me.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
Qerulid:
GGgg

This guy, by name OWOPETU AYOBAMI JOHN, is one of the bloody scammers and a criminals in this forum.
People should avoid any financial dealings with him
I paid him some money to sort out something for me and he denied ever receiving the money, despite the transfer being successful.
His strategy is to deny receiving alerts, and then refuses to post his statement of account.
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Starzo: 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
Totohoazi:
If Buhari should manage this country for 1 yr, chai
No wonder buhari be una president. Malaga na country??

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Starzo: 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
This is beautiful. I Remember when i was single and had no responsibilities, i had a little taste of various countries in europe and asia.i could afford it conveniently.Now planning a trip will strangle my finances because the dollar rate and flight tickets can't favour a family of four based on my earnings..i really do miss the vibes i always got whenever i touched down in a new country..i envy you
who send you go marry?
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by planetx: 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Spain is nice but don't give the japa crew any ideas that it is a place to go and hustle to make money. Anything apart from tourism forget Spain. There is no greener pastures there, don't let the nice pictures fool you.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Bigpapi: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Right now I'm japaring
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Gbabe2: 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
solochris:
I just feel like repeating this same question asked sometime ago, "who is bankrolling this trip"? But I have decided not to ask again

Lol. You are a Nigerian living in Nigeria. There are some things you don’t bother asking from folks living in Obodo oyinbo where almost everything works perfectly. If you don’t get it, you can gerrit �

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by adebwalex(m): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

La Terraza del Chinitas
Roommate Valeria
La Terraza de San Juan
La Piscina Lounge
Hotel Mariposa Lounge

Happy Travels!

Am available for Part 2, kindly contact me , thanks grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by EvilNeedle(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
BERNIMOORE:
Your camera is what really atracted me here...I guess its either Gopro 10, 4k or Sony V10pro shooting in 4k mode

It's an iPhone

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by EvilNeedle(m): 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2022
Jayphoenix45:
This is beautiful. I Remember when i was single and had no responsibilities, i had a little taste of various countries in europe and asia.i could afford it conveniently.Now planning a trip will strangle my finances because the dollar rate and flight tickets can't favour a family of four based on my earnings..i really do miss the vibes i always got whenever i touched down in a new country..i envy you

Hey, you can always get divorced so you can travel and see the world once again.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by TheGift: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
Really nice @mstravelindiva_

Now I have an idea of where to go when I visit Spain. Thanks

Happy traveling.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by nickyj19: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
Malaga wey dey relegation, wey no fit win common Almería city
rubbish team undecided
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Aaau: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Randy100: 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

This guy, by name OWOPETU AYOBAMI JOHN, is one of the bloody scammers and a criminals in this forum.
People should avoid any financial dealings with him
I paid him some money to sort out something for me and he denied ever receiving the money, despite the transfer being successful.
His strategy is to deny receiving alerts, and then refuses to post his statement of account.
What have you done to recover your money?
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Learner247: 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Jayphoenix45:

It is just for now. You will be able to afford it soonest and this time it will be more fun because you will do it with your family.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by DoggoneDogg: 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
GenBuhari:
No let jealousy kee you ooh it is not her fault that you cannot afford to eat 3 square meals daily.

Her thread pain me die bro cry
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by DoggoneDogg: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
OmoEsan:

Why is your soul so bitter? undecided undecided undecided

I'm pained bro cry
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by OmoEsan: 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
It is so surprising seeing most people asking "who is bankrolling the trip"

Are y'all so broke? you guys need a mind cleansing from poverty mentality.

And I just don't want to think about the fact, that you guys are asking because she is a lady, that would make your questions even more irritating. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by OmoEsan: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

I'm pained bro cry

But why? be happy for others, so good things will come your way also.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by tremilatre(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Indeed friend, it is such an educational opportunity to learn about the livelihood and culture of others.

I'm currently touring Madrid & & Toledo. Gone through your other threads, nice nice. I'm a travel freak myself, done visits to Paris, Milan, Venice, London, NY , Bahamas, Belgium, Amsterdam and a few others.
Travel is educative.
Never mind the naysayers asking how you fund your trips, they know nothing. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by ufuosman(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Teaser4:
Malaga no sabi play ball again …dem just Dey cut my tickets anyhow
I don run leave Malaga b4 dem send me go village
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by 8stargeneral: 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Optimistguy1969:
I pray I experience the colourful part of the world soon.

Nigeria na black and white/ darkness cry
not only u bro...I pray for that everyday...nice experience
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
cheesy grin cheesy Forgive her bro she no sabi kind hunger wey dey Nigeria cheesy grin
DoggoneDogg:

Her thread pain me die bro cry
Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by 8stargeneral: 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Amazing...nice one from op

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga by aysangari: 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Home of coffee and wine. My regads to Professor and the team. Bella cio✌�✌�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Can't Imagine I Came Out Of This Vehicle Unhurt / Daniel Henry, A Nigerian, Dies In Mumbai India (photo) / Husband And Wife Survive Multiple Car Accident In Ikeja, Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.