Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Why Christians Should Celebrate Valentine's Day. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Christians Should Celebrate Valentine's Day. (198 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Giving Me Attitude Because I Didn't Celebrate Valentine / What Is The Right Way To Celebrate Valentine? / How NOT To Celebrate Valentine... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Christians Should Celebrate Valentine's Day. by Omicron123: 1:26am On Feb 14, 2022
St. Valentine is believed to have been a priest during the third century in Rome. After Emperor Claudius II declared single men made better soldiers, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine went behind Emperor Claudius’ law and performed marriages in secret. When this was discovered, Claudius had him put to death.

Other stories suggested that Valentine helped Christians to escape Roman prisons. In this story, Valentine was imprisoned when he sent the very first valentine’s letter to a young lady. It is believed he sent it to his jailor’s daughter. Before his death, it is believed he wrote her another letter and signed it, “From your Valentine.”

As Christians, we are called to love another. Romans 12:10 says, “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Christians can use Valentine’s Day to show their love for one another.Christians are free to celebrate Valentine’s Day if they choose to. There is nothing wrong with sending someone a card and giving them flowers or chocolate to show your love and appreciation for them!

Show love to everyone and don't allow some myopic people to stop you from celebrating Valentine's day all in the name of Christianity, after all the message of Christ was all about love.
Re: Why Christians Should Celebrate Valentine's Day. by chukwuibuipob: 1:37am On Feb 14, 2022
sad Make I ask our online Chosen priest Pa Obinna Righteousness2

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Cope With Heartbreak. / I Want To Go To Heaven / How To Be Submissive In A Relationship...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.