Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Installing Suse 10.1 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Installing Suse 10.1 (755 Views)

Affordable Lenovo 10.1" Multimode Android Laptop / Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Error Installing Windows Media Player 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installing Suse 10.1 by cheffo: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2007
Please i need someone to help me on the step by step procedure for installing suse 10.1. Thanks
cheffo
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2007
why suse why not try something more easy for beginners with great support like Ubuntu ?
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by loveoge(f): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2007
@ cheffo

if u still need help with suse please send me a mail loveoge@hotmail.com. I have a lot of books on suse that would be able to help you out
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by esquire(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2007
@cheffo: Please i need someone to help me on the step by step procedure for installing suse 10.1. Thanks

SUSE is very easy to install all u gotta do is start installing and make sure u use a seperate hardrive or if u prefer to dual boot with windows that is the hardest part for a biginner. U can check out ubuntu cos there is a whole lota gurus in the house if a spare cds if u want and there is guidelines in the ubuntu linux thread of this forum so cheers N.B i use ubuntu myself and have used Suse 9.2 before.
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by fisayo: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2007
Hmmn. Installing Suse 10.1 is very easy if you want it as a standalone, which I doubt. It can, however, repartition your disk if you want but I really dont support this because it usually leaves little space left on your Windows partition.

If you can deal with these challenges, you're ok. Another thing you'll have to deal with is how to update it on the internet as Yast doesn't do the job well. That also is not a very serious issue. Suse 10.1 is really nice and I love it on my laptop. Be sure to take advantage of the security features.

Oh! Forgive me, I didn't introduce myself. I am a Suse fan - 10.0 on my AMD powered desktop and 10.1 on my Sony Vaio laptop.
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2007
@fisayo where have u been since all this while ? esquire,bigbrova met at my place today and i asked of you from esquire and he said he doesn't also know where u are. Anyway am happy you're back and i must say i've greatly improved thanks to people like you.
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by fisayo: 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2007
@adewaleafolabi. Thanks for welcoming me. You don't have to tell me that you've improved. I can see it from the threads that you've sent. Cheer m8!
Re: Installing Suse 10.1 by bigrovar(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
i hate suse they made a deal with the Evil Empire that is not Forgivable, the Evil Empire shall Fall

(1) (Reply)

Help Password Msword;confidential / Need A New Laptop-urgently / Help My Rom Has Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.