Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives (5088 Views)

Mistake Married Women Make / Infidelity: Wives, Mistresses’ Fights Get Messier, Spill To Social Media (pics) / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by cococandy(f): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
faithfull18:

Lol, if you even study how Abraham and Sarah related sef. These people only pick some parts to suit their narrative.

Abraham didn't at any point relegate Sarah to the background.
Weren’t they the ones that had a child with their maid and then Sarah changed her mind after bros started favoring the maid’s son so she exiled them into the desert?

Oh and he almost killed his son too?
Too much drama.
Yea not my ideal couple.
And I don’t think they asked anyone to emulate their marriage. They were just living their lives according to their times and trying to make things work. yet these people will read one verse that says she called him lord and two thousand years later, they won’t let us rest because of it.

If they are going to be Abrahamic about their marriages, it better be all or nothing.

7 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by faithfull18(f): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
cococandy:

Weren’t they the ones that had a child with their maid and then Sarah changed her mind after bros started favoring the maid’s son so she exiled them into the desert?

Oh and he almost killed his son too?
Too much drama.
Yea not my ideal couple.
And I don’t think they asked anyone to emulate their marriage. They were just living their lives according to their times and trying to make things work. yet these people will read one verse that says she called him lord and two thousand years later, they won’t let us rest because of it.

If they are going to be Abrahamic about their marriages, it better be all or nothing.
Full stop and I am not a feminist, just an advocate of doing things rightly.

One can't oppose their views both offline and online again, you already earn the feminist tag.

1 Like

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by cococandy(f): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
faithfull18:

Full stop and I am not a feminist, just an advocate of doing things rightly.

One can't oppose their views both offline and online again, you already earn the feminist tag.
I wear my tag with pride cheesy
I did earn that one and it’s true.

5 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by kayperry: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
cococandy:
What’s the definition of over educated?

tell us about yourself

1 Like

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by kayperry: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Where is the statistics?

Pls show links of the proven statistics let's all see the ratio, don't use words of mouth to convince everyone your insecurity and -0 esteem of overeducated women is valid when we all know pains of rejection from these women is your driving force here.

i am not for OP neither i am against him, since statistic mean that much how about a review into 2021, what class of women got served breakserve the most.

1 Like

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by pocohantas(f): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2022
cococandy:
I side eyed his comment too.
His mom is over educated and he’s agreeing with the OP.
Meanwhile he admits that his mom is still a good wife despite her over education. Meaning that OP’s stance isn’t factual

I don’t understand these guys

Their mothers are always different. I thought we all knew this? grin

baby124:

They always come here threatening and saying rubbish when they see people are beginning to forget they exist grin. Yeye small boys. It’s like all their girlfriends are running away from their toxic madness. So they come online and try to create a narrative other zombies can follow. Either for misery and company or, to create a new dating rule. But we full ground for them.

Lmao! We are always here for them o. I am sure they wish y’all can just get “busy” with your lives. Something they haven’t been able to do.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by cococandy(f): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
I don’t know why you even bother to change your account name when your atrocious grammar will always give you away.Do you count yourself among the highly educated men?

“Men are always in the mood for sex”. And that’s supposed to be a good thing?
kayperry:

Stop feigning dumb, there is something called exceptions, cos 100% only applies to battery undecided maybe is mom is one of those exceptions buh that does not discredit the fact that woke women(mostly educated) make terrible wives more. between the class of semi literates and sophisticated ladies ... who dominate the evening newspaper population, its not a made up fallacy that most men tend to settle for semi literates (f) and let me break ur heart some more, most men find semi literate ladies more sexually satisfactory, if somebody son marry pocohantas today its just for arguement & debate purposes. naa to hire one betta female maid join for house, men are alway in the mood for sex not arguement/debate undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by ThothHermes: 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Belafonte:

You don't need a OverEducated woman as wife, yet that is exactly what this thread is about, man it's right there in the title grin. Can you show me where I said I don't want an educated woman? grin

Bros, why are you fighting yourself? Please tell me you're okay grin
Leave them to keep pretending as if they don't understand the OP cheesy cheesy
The more educated a woman is, the worse of a wife she becomes. I don't know what is hard to understand about this.
Western education is anti-marriage.

3 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by pocohantas(f): 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
cococandy:
I don’t know why you even bother to change your account name when your atrocious grammar will always give you away.Do you count yourself among the highly educated men?

“Men are always in the mood for sex”. And that’s supposed to be a good thing?

Because he keeps getting banned.

7 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by cococandy(f): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Because he keeps getting banned.

Ah. I see. Too bad

2 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by pocohantas(f): 6:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lol. I remember the day one guy created a thread to hail his doctor gf and Nairaland males were falling over themselves to brag about their gfs degrees. Suddenly most Nairaland guys were dating doctors, chartered accountants and even astronauts. grin

On this same NL we have read how Nigerian ladies have no ambition. Once they are done with NYSC, they don’t work or further, they just start looking for man to saddle with responsibilities.

Today, the women who went ahead to further and work are suddenly terrible wives and unfit for marriage.

The aim is always to attack a set of women. So don’t even be carried a way thinking you are their chosen one, because you go collect last last. cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2022
pocohantas:
The aim is always to attack a set of women. So don’t even be carried a way thinking you are their chosen one, because you go collect last last . cheesy cheesy cheesy

Without fail. They’ll learn though.

Wasn’t one of them making a long thread the other day about how women are dependent like children and should be grateful because a man does them the favor of carrying that burden. How marriage is useless to men. it was long winded and very derogatory to women in general. If that’s the case why do they try to discourage us from being ambitious if it’s not a whole convoluted effort to make sure they are keeping us in a position that they can use to mock us?

I’m glad not all of them are that way though. Because there will be problems if they were.

8 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by djon78(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
oldienavie:
I quickly glanced through the thread and saw that a lot of women have become very embittered and almost made the thread unreadable with insults.
Yet this is an intelligent discussion, if only people would remove emotions and try to be objective and less emotional.

Having said that, this is my position....

I wouldn't say over-educated women make bad wives, what I'd say is, the higher the level of education a woman has, the more the probability of her marriage failing.

Now this is a probability, apparently there will be some women who are well educated, rich and still keep their homes.

But there is a reason why, many men marry down (I mean, they marry women whom they are financially and educationally higher than) .
It is the law of nature, a man must so seek to earn the wives respect, this is one of the key ingredients of a happy home...

Very few women will respect men whom they earn higher than and are more educated than.

Women will say the men have a low self esteem for seeking women who are below them in societal and financial level, but it is just nature. Even in the west, most men marry down, just very few men marry up.

Now, it is possible that having a higher education might mean , the woman has a more stressful job, or is able to relate with "better" men at her place of work men who probably earn far higher than her and her husband.
And naturally, she may start to subconciously become attracted to those men, some call them men in power.

I have worked in Nigerias financial industry for a while and I will tell you one of the most promiscuous species of women are those that work in the financial sector, they meet with powerful men by virtue of their education and grow at work and the husbands might start to appear like a nuisance to them, especially if he is not the kind earning much.

This is why men prefer to marry down, cos the intelligent ones understand that power and affluence is a difficult attraction for women to ignore and some prefer to go for women who they are sure will adore them, regardless of how little they bring to the table....

Unfortunately, many women would not be able to read this post with objectivity and a few will probably label me a misogynist or something....k

You are very correct by your input. It's advisable a man married down both economically and educationally.

I know close associates that married up and how it all ended.
They never enjoyed there marriage and some even ended in divorce.

Let me tell you one thing I have observed; you see many okada men, and a lot of people we call low class have better marriages and enjoy there marriages more than the rich, affluent and educated ones.
Many of the rich, affluent and educated have never had a sound peace of mind for even one day.

This is where God pass human beings.

Or why is it that the affluent and educated have more tendency of commiting suicide.
While you will see someone grinding to the ground still living there lives with out taking there lives

This is where God pass human beings

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by oldienavie: 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
djon78:

You are very correct by your input. It's advisable a man married down both economically and educationally.

I know close associates that married up and how it all ended.
They never enjoyed there marriage and some even ended in divorce.

Let me tell you one thing I have observed; you see many okada men, and a lot of people we call low class have better marriages and enjoy there marriages more than the rich, affluent and educated ones.
Many of the rich, affluent and educated have never had a sound peace of mind for even one day.

This is where God pass human beings.

Or why is it that the affluent and educated have more tendency of commiting suicide.
While you will see someone grinding to the ground still living there lives with out taking there lives

This is where God pass human beings
I hope those who have ears will listen or they will learn the hard way. Men marry down for your own peace of mind .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by djon78(m): 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2022
oldienavie:

I hope those who have ears will listen or they will learn the hard way. Men marry down for your own peace of mind .

You see all those ones up there yanking there mouth
No real man can stay with them
They can be extremely very toxic

Men are marrying women that are giving them peace of mind.

Although you will still get a highly educated woman that gives her husband peace of mind
Also an uneducated woman that gives her husband wahala

The right secret to me is more of upbringing
Which parents raised them up?

Those that were properly raised up respect and submit to there men
But those ones not properly raised up are extremely toxic

Even the Bible warns in proverbs that it's better for a man to dwell in a desert than to be in the same house with a toxic woman.

It's a no no

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by pocohantas(f): 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
cococandy:

Without fail. They’ll learn though.

Wasn’t one of them making a long thread the other day about how women are dependent like children and should be grateful because a man does them the favor of carrying that burden. How marriage is useless to men. it was long winded and very derogatory to women in general. If that’s the case why do they try to discourage us from being ambitious if it’s not a whole convoluted effort to make sure they are keeping us in a position that they can use to mock us?

I’m glad not all of them are that way though. Because there will be problems if they were.

You really can’t win these ones. Whatever you do, you are doomed. Evidence of failed men and I am not even talking finance here, because that is all they think of.

The only reason they all suddenly had career gfs and wives that day was because competition is a thing amongst them. So they just wanted to put the guy down. Make him know his woman isn’t special.

Twist it the right way and they will agree with you. Men know the truth, they only hate to hear it from women. Finally they have unconsciously agreed that they marry down because of their ego, not because they are so nice and altruistic.

I hope those who have ears will listen or they will learn the hard way. Men marry down for your own peace of mind.

Brings us to another topic. All the talk of telling women to reduce their standard is just fabu. Men do not want you to reduce your standard.

If you say you want a man that earns 1m a month and they start attacking you. They are not attacking you because you want a man that earns 1m, THEY ARE ATTACKING YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE MAN EARNING 1m!! The second they start earning 1m, they’ll sit through such arguments with a smile. Like yea, that’s me she is talking about. grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by Elporo(m): 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
djon78:

You see all those ones up there yanking there mouth
No real man can stay with them

Feminism is one way the malady manifests; a symptom but not the actual ailment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by baby124: 12:54am On Feb 17, 2022
pocohantas:

You really can’t win these ones. Whatever you do, you are doomed. Evidence of failed men and I am not even talking finance here, because that is all they think of.

The only reason they all suddenly had career gfs and wives that day was because competition is a thing amongst them. So they just wanted to put the guy down. Make him know his woman isn’t special.

Twist it the right way and they will agree with you. Men know the truth, they only hate to hear it from women. Finally they have unconsciously agreed that they marry down because of their ego, not because they are so nice and altruistic.

Brings us to another topic. All the talk of telling women to reduce their standard is just fabu. Men do not want you to reduce your standard.

If you say you want a man that earns 1m a month and they start attacking you. They are not attacking you because you want a man that earns 1m, THEY ARE ATTACKING YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE MAN EARNING 1m!! The second they start earning 1m, they’ll sit through such arguments with a smile. Like yea, that’s me she is talking about. grin grin

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:55am On Feb 17, 2022
pocohantas:

I'm not sure the conversation that led to this, but this statement right here is the gospel!

Many of them who react by bashing the woman who's said so don't seem to understand the psychology behind their reaction.
They're reacting from a place of pain/bitterness because the statement seems like a personal attack on them...
Like they've been counted unworthy...
So they unconsciously want to defend themselves.

It's the same thing, too, for the men, who seem to enjoy making derogatory comments about women. I just read it and know at once that it's a bitter low quality man who's behind the texts.

3 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by cococandy(f): 1:42am On Feb 17, 2022
Yep.
pocohantas:

2 Likes

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by Belafonte(m): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The bobrisky fellow is brave embracing himself the way he is, sickness and all, this in a land were self-denial is the culture. undecided

What I find more disgusting is thinking you decide for others how they can and should live their own lives. undecided

Are you saying Bobrisky is sick? shocked shocked grin
Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by pocohantas(f): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

I'm not sure the conversation that led to this, but this statement right here is the gospel!

Many of them who react by bashing the woman who's said so don't seem to understand the psychology behind their reaction.
They're reacting from a place of pain/bitterness because the statement seems like a personal attack on them...
Like they've been counted unworthy...
So they unconsciously want to defend themselves

It's the same thing, too, for the men, who seem to enjoy making derogatory comments about women. I just read it and know at once that it's a bitter low quality man who's behind the texts.

Well said. Interestingly it was a guy that taught me that. They are not angry you are materialistic, they are not even angry you are going for a man ABOVE you. As you can see, they also want women BELOW them. They are just angry they are not that man. Once they fall into that subset, they immediately become more tolerant of hypergamy. grin grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by Kobojunkie: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Belafonte:
Are you saying Bobrisky is sick? shocked shocked grin
If you had followed the thread of the conversation you jumped in on, you would have noted that the one I responded to instead accused him of being Ill, not I. undecided
Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by Belafonte(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you had followed the thread of the conversation you jumped in on, you would have noted that the one I responded to instead accused him of being Ill, not I. undecided

So, are you saying Bobrisky is not sick? grin grin grin
Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by 1nigeriamyfoot: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
cococandy:
What’s the definition of over educated?
overgraduate
Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
Belafonte:
So, are you saying Bobrisky is not sick? grin grin grin
I am not his doctor nor am I close enough to know the man or assess him health wise. undecided

1 Like

Re: OverEducated Women Make Bad Wives by Belafonte(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not his doctor nor am I close enough to know the man or assess him health wise. undecided

Yawn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taboo: My Secret That Has Haunted Me For 12 Years / I.Q TEST: Let's See How Sound You Are In Quantitative Reasoning / Tips On Growing Natural Hair Fast In Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.