Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It (656 Views)

Check Out My New Forum App I Created And Give Me Honest Opinions / My New Forum Created / Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by iospen(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
New Forum is out now, take a review on it, it’s very responsive,
It’s an amazing forum own in Nigeria also and it’s very complex with is functionality as a member of the site.
Check it out : Inforum.ml

Pls: drop comments as you’re reviewing
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by stanliwise(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
iospen:
It’s an amazing forum own in Nigeria also and it’s very complex with is functionality as a member of the site.

get a ui/ux person

3 Likes

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by LikeAking: 1:42am On Feb 15, 2022
Great!

Just put wia we fit dey download songs.

Then see trending vids online, etc.

Nice.

1 Like

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by iospen(m): 8:48am On Feb 15, 2022
stanliwise:

get a ui/ux person
As in ?
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by nijabazaar: 9:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Okay , let give a very honest review.

The UI , which is what will retain your target audience, is so late 2009. You should work on that. NL is functional but we had always complained about how crappy the UI is. I believe you designed this as a proof of concept on how you can build up on what NL lacks.

Secondly, I see practically no new feature or rather I can't place the niche you are trying to leverage on. For example, tiktok would have been just another social network but the devs deliberately made it a video only sharing platform with lots of filters. They had carried out their user personas very well and guaged their target audience - Gen Z.

So with your product,I don't know the objectives. Are you trying to put out just another forum that looks like NL or are you the the blockbuster competition

2 Likes

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by nijabazaar: 9:30am On Feb 15, 2022
I can offer the services of a UI designer if you willeth.
Here's a sample of what I can do as a UI person.

Also I am a ReactJs person just in case.

Would like to offer this service free.

2 Likes

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by iospen(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2022
nijabazaar:
Okay , let give a very honest review.

The UI , which is what will retain your target audience, is so late 2009. You should work on that. NL is functional but we had always complained about how crappy the UI is. I believe you designed this as a proof of concept on how you can build up on what NL lacks.

Secondly, I see practically no new feature or rather I can't place the niche you are trying to leverage on. For example, tiktok would have been just another social network but the devs deliberately made it a video only sharing platform with lots of filters. They had carried out their user personas very well and guaged their target audience - Gen Z.

So with your product,I don't know the objectives. Are you trying to put out just another forum that looks like NL or are you the the blockbuster competition
It’s not about competing or creating a forum that look like NL, the inforum is not even look like NL
All this is from scratch trying to figure something great out, It’s not a copy of any website or forum in any where of the world
CHECK IT WELL!!
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by iospen(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2022
nijabazaar:
I can offer the services of a UI designer if you willeth.
Here's a sample of what I can do as a UI person.

Also I am a ReactJs person just in case.

Would like to offer this service free.
Drop your sample
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by nijabazaar: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2022
iospen:

It’s not about competing or creating a forum that look like NL, the inforum is not even look like NL
All this is from scratch trying to figure something great out, It’s not a copy of any website or forum in any where of the world
CHECK IT WELL!!

You need to understand.
I didn't say it looked like NL but obviously NL is going to be the competition if it takes off!

When designing a product you looking at how to make it appealing right.
I have earmarked areas you shou look into. You asked for a review. I have given you my own viewpoint. After all, I might be a target audience and it is still a forum. Where you expecting me to just say it is Nice!
That won't be honest

1 Like

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by iospen(m): 10:00am On Feb 15, 2022
nijabazaar:

I have earmarked areas you shou look into. You asked for a review. I have given you my own viewpoint. After all, I might be a target audience and it is still a forum. Where you expecting me to just say it is Nice!
That won't be honest
Lol thanks anyway
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lol!, the UI is something from the past.

It's a complete rip-off of Nairaland, it's a mere aggregation of everything Nairaland and a bit of your imagination.

Let's get real ( and you should get simple too), the impression given is bizarre, get a professional UI designer, tinker more on a groundbreaking idea, you might also want to niche it down.

All in all, let it give a solid reason why people should spend their time on it.

But if all you do is still baseless self-defence, then I hope you and your fake two thousand blah blah blah users enjoy being stagnant over the years.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but if you want to give the world an offer at this time, you'd have to come up with a concept very unique. There's just enough good stuffs on the web that people don't seem to want more.

My personal views
iospen:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
We dey abuse seun of UI everyday and you bring this one grin grin. Na wa o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by Anonime1105(m): 5:22am On Feb 16, 2022
omo grin,
this your UI dey pain eyes lipsrsealed
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by SKhanmi: 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
iospen:

CHECK IT WELL!!

User reviews/feedback are very important and he just gave you a very honest review. Don't be defensive, this is how you get better.
I like the card UI designs though, you can keep those but your UI definitely failed Web content accessibility guidelines. Try to come up with something more unique or leave it to the designers.

1 Like

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by Ayinke93(f): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Who designed this website grin cheesy
Waptrick looks better than this sef

1 Like

Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by hucknall: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Ayinke93:
Who designed this website grin cheesy
Waptrick looks better than this sef
absolutely......

@OP

Accept the honest CC above in good faith

Cus man.........this is not good enough. tongue
Re: New Forum Is Out Now, Take A Review On It by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2022

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Laptops Crash / Calling On All Developers / Programming CHALLENGE (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.