Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship (21955 Views)

Litigious Terrorism: Kperogi Reacts To FUTO's Defence Of Pantami's Professorship / ASUU Declares Pantami’s Professorship Illegal, To Sanction FUTO VC, Others / FUTO: ASUU Rejects Own Committee Report Confirming Pantami's Professorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ibegtodiffer: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gireiboy:

Pantami has a B.Tech in Computer Science and a PhD in Cybersecurity from University of Aberdeen, Scotland. Gotcha mumu, stop lying, a simple Google search would have saved you from disgrace, or i forgot is obvious you are an IPOB terrorist.
Maybe you can read my post again to realize that my position clearly speaks to the fact that Pantami has not sufficiently grounded himself in the area of Cyber security.

His BTech to the level of PhD qualifies him for Lecturer II, not Professor of Cyber security.

How many students has he graduated in the field of Cyber Security, how many publications, how many years of teaching experience did he acquire at ATBU?

If you are positing that anyone with Degrees in Computer Science is qualified to be Professor of Cyber security then I'll be surprised.

As for the use of Google, thank you. I went further to check him out on Google scholar. You will get more information that will make you understand what I'm saying. ABU, UDUS, ATBU, FUT,Minna would all be happy to award Pantami a Professorship, if he was qualified.

As for your insults, it only reveals your level of understanding, so I can't blame you for that. Pantami as a fine academic at ATBU will be disappointed in a loyalist who would rather insult people than presenting a superior argument.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by ogawisdom(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

That's also my confusion. I thought one can only be awarded a professorship at a university one lectures? I want to believe professorship is not like Doctorate that has honorary award, abi are there honorary professors?

You can become a professor only via two ways

1. Appointment - in which case you have been serving in another university and reach the rank of associate professor. You can then apply to a new university for professorship where they will assess u n appoint you.

2. Promotion - where u grow over the years in one university until u reach professorship.

FUTO applied number one for pantami without due process. He was never an associate professor in another uni or even senior Lecturer for 6 years. They only considered his publications n scholarship.

4 Likes

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by maisams01(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
pek:
Hate to say it, but the VC is 100%. Dora Akuyeli was awarded a professor when she was serving the government. Moreover, ASUU don't have the said right.
that Dora Akunyili was awarded doesn't make it right,hers was also fraudulent
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Gidariro: 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
brainpulse:
ASUU becoming alpha and omega. Biting more than it can chew.

ASUU is not the university commission and cant dictate how university is run.

What would you have wanted ASUU to do?

- someone who was a Senior Lecturer before being appointed by Buhari as the Head of NITDA and has never taught in the last seven years
- Who evaluated his documents and found it worthy of a professor?
If ASUU has kept quiet, you will still complain.

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Entanglement: 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
PhoneCareIkeja:
ASUU is a disgrace
this guy is a scammer and his second moniker is olakush92

Beware of doing business with him

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by uniquelyspecial(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kreme:
pigs trying so hard to please the Almanjiris. Now if this is a University in the Southwest,you know the rest
Who born this one?
See him making generalisation about an issue concerning one person/entity
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by jolyment: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nairobi33:

In what sense will he have problem with ASUU? If court validate his professorship ASUU can't deny him anything in academic anywhere in Nigeria unless they have other lawful and valid reason that have not been settle in court. ASUU can't do Nada if pantami wins in court.

You have a valid point, but you know the court can still be biased. This is Nigeria,I believe ASUU must have done thorough investigations before declaring his professorship invalid. The truth is that FUTO might have violated one of the appraisal rules for Patanmi.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Eluala(m): 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

You simply don't understand what you're trying to explain, else you'd realize that your explanation does not hold sway.

ASUU is neither sanctioning the University, nor withdrawing Pantami's Professorship (cos they lack the power to do so).

But there are laid down procedures to becoming a Professor, which Pantami falls short of.

ASUU is saying it would sanction ASUU members who took part in that illegality...not (probably) necessarily council members or the VC (if she's not a member of ASUU).

By going to court, the VC will be making a huge mistake, cos someone will definitely become a convict at the end. Either the VC, Members of Council or beneficiary of the illegality (Pantami). Which is the reason that the Clever cleric (Pantami) is keeping his cool & making no noise.

Note that academia is a very small cycle. So once the list of Academics involved in approving the un-merited Professorship is made known, then their academic career is finished., Cos they will be excommunicated. No university will want to associate with them on the basis of " their questionable character "

You can see it's actually deeper than son trying to rename his father's company.

I don't think you understand how a University works. No you don't. If you did, you would know that what ASUU is doing is beyond their limits and is equal to noisemaking. All they can do is the noise they have made, nothing more. If they knew it was outside their jurisdiction, then they would not have made fun of themselves in the manner they did.

The power to appoint a Professor belongs to the academic body running the university, not a trade union and there is no provision in the statutes that requires or mandates the governing council to seek approval from ASUU, a mere union in order to exercise that power. I don't know where you are getting this misinformation from.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by maisams01(m): 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

What rank was Dora Akunyili before leaving academia? What was her qualifications vis-a-vis the parastatal she was heading (which was churning out publications)?

Comparing a Pharmacist (UpTo the level of PhD) heading a Food and Drug Agency with Pantami who never had a degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in the field he was awarded a Professorship does not add up.

He doesn't have 5 reputable publications in that area, neither has he supervised or graduated students (BSc
,MSc, or PhD, Unlike Dora) in that area.

The highest certificate he has in area of cyber security was a training he attended in a world class university abroad, at the instance of his portfolio as Minister o.

So ask questions on things you have minimal understanding on.
haba oga small small nah, Pantami sure has a PhD but he doesn't deserve the professorship Sha
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ibegtodiffer: 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
maisams01:
haba oga small small nah, Pantami sure has a PhD but he doesn't deserve the professorship Sha
Lol.., my Oga, re-read to see that I never said he doesn't have a PhD.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ibegtodiffer: 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Eluala:

I don't think you understand how a University works. No you don't. If you did, you would know that what ASUU is doing is beyond their limits and is equal to noisemaking. All they can do is the noise they have made, nothing more. If they knew it was outside their jurisdiction, then they would not have made fun of themselves in the manner they did.

The power to appoint a Professor belongs to the academic body running the university, not a trade union and there is no provision in the statutes that requires or mandates the governing council to seek approval from ASUU, a mere union in order to exercise that power. I don't know where you are getting this misinformation from.

Paragraphs 2 and 4 of the quoted write up already answered your post, sir.

You're correct to some extent, but ASUU can sanction it's members.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ibegtodiffer: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nairobi33:

In what sense will he have problem with ASUU? If court validate his professorship ASUU can't deny him anything in academic anywhere in Nigeria unless they have other lawful and valid reason that have not been settle in court. ASUU can't do Nada if pantami wins in court.
Lol...can a court validate Professorship? Even FUTA won't be asking for that...and Pantami would definitely not want his Professorship validated by a court.

You're not nice at allllll.

We have a Supreme court Governor somewhere in Nigeria, now you want a name that sounds like "High Court Professor" for somebody?...Lol
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by SmartPolician: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
temmypotter:
Futo .. a university in the east with an Eastern VC licking the behind of Pantami.. disgraceful!

So what?

FUTO is a federal university, not a state university.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by JOemmy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
The futo vc is banking on the supreme court abrakatabra.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ofiadiegwu: 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Arguments of this nature being raised by FUTO is lame. But the Court will set the record straight and lay the classical precedence for the future.

HOW A UNIVERSITY PROMOTES SOMEONE WHO IS NOT IN HER STAFF OR SERVING UNDER IT IS THE BONE OF THE QUESTION.

They didn't give Dr. Isa Pantami honourary Prof, but academic/promotional Prof.

It's a matter of declaring the rightness or wrongness of the gesture by FUTO.
The decision from this case by a Court of records will guide other universities on matters relating thereto.

So, it's an issue of concern to the country and all universities in Nigeria.

We eagerly awaits the verdict.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
jolyment:

You have a valid point, but you know the court can still be biased. This is Nigeria,I believe ASUU must have done thorough investigations before declaring his professorship invalid. The truth is that FUTO might have violated one of the appraisal rules for Patanmi.
I have no doubt that futo & pantami exploited the system, anything goes in this country regardless. However, ASUU can only condemned the award and question the process but cannot threaten sanction or any action whatsoever against futo that's NUC's responsibility not ASUU. ASUU has no jurisdiction to impose sanction against any school for whatever reason. I did law in school & this is just way too beyond them that's why futo has the confidence & audacity to run to court. & I'm disappointed ASUU didn't know their power before overeating and threatening sanction. Pantami's merit for professorship is very questionable no doubt but ASUU is an embarrassment. The most appropriate thing to take was to petition NUC not dishing threats . soon they will start accusing ASUU of political motives which is what I would do if I was pantami or futo. This is the same why efcc and fed. gov. dey lose cases to criminals before it even started. They don't know their power, emotion & sentiment always cloud their reasoning. They always overstepped their boundary. Futo will humiliate ASUU in court, mark this.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
ogawisdom:

You can become a professor only via two ways

1. Appointment - in which case you have been serving in another university and reach the rank of associate professor. You can then apply to a new university for professorship where they will assess u n appoint you.

2. Promotion - where u grow over the years in one university until u reach professorship.

FUTO applied number one for pantami without due process. He was never an associate professor in another uni or even senior Lecturer for 6 years. They only considered his publications n scholarship.

Even though I am neutral today on this post, I felt obliged to recommend you for your honorable manner.

Next time,don't reply the people like these.

I sometimes act crazy to match their craziness.

But about Pantami,I won't say anything. We are watching the dram from behind.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by TheGift: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nairobi33:

Only NUC can dispute this ground not ASUU. Misplaced priority from ASUU. They are free to condemn the award but they can't threaten sanction nor take any action against futo. Futo will embarrass ASUU in court.

Thank you, but this doesn’t change what I said about the validity of what they said.

PS. FUTO will be embarrassed in court , without the opposing party even trying. Their procedure for awarding that Professorship to Pantami is , in itself, an embarrassment to FUTO, ASUU, NUC and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nairobi33:

I have no doubt that futo & pantami exploited the system, anything goes in this country regardless. However, ASUU can only condemned the award and question the process but cannot threaten sanction or any action whatsoever against futo that's NUC's responsibility not ASUU. ASUU has no jurisdiction to impose sanction against any school for whatever reason. I did law in school & this is just way too beyond them that's why futo has the confidence & audacity to run to court. & I'm disappointed ASUU didn't know their power before overeating and threatening sanction. Pantami's merit for professorship is very questionable no doubt but ASUU is an embarrassment. The most appropriate thing to take was to petition NUC not dishing threats . soon they will start accusing ASUU of political motives which is what I would do if I was pantami or futo. This is the same why efcc and fed. gov. dey lose cases to criminals before it even started. They don't know their power, emotion & sentiment always cloud their reasoning. They always overstepped their boundary. Futo will humiliate ASUU in court, mark this.

Not your view,but your manner Impressed me. You parked emotions aside.

Let's watch the drama,in matter like this,I am novice.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by mamdanju: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
ASUU is just stupid. You dont take so many fight at once especially the irrelevant once. The big elephant in the room for ASUU is that salary for academic staff is miserable and disgraceful. rather than focus on that all these years, they kept chasing shadows. That is why since 1999 they fail to make any headway
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

Lol...can a court validate Professorship?
...Lol
Pls kindly school me here: if court of law cannot judge on disputed validity & award of professorship, who can? Is it ASUU?

We have a Supreme court Governor somewhere in Nigeria, now you want a name that sounds like "High Court Professor" for somebody? ...Lol[/quote]

Don't let emotion becloud your reasoning rather than obvious fact. This is why efcc & fed.gov. never win big cases against big criminals because they always overreact & overreaching their boundary. There is gross injustice and abuse of power going on in this country no doubt but that shouldn't justify emotional immaturity. Fact over emotion/sentiment. There can ever be peace & justice where there are no rules of law and processes. Injustice have been done to the system by pantami & futo i have no doubt but you are making a joke of justice with emotion & failing to looking at facts and lawful ways of delivering justice.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Obalowe(m): 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
I think this message is clear enough, sadly most comments here are made along ethnic lines.

If FUTO decide not to a member of ASUU today, will there decision still be binding on the institution?

The last time I checked, ASUU is a trade union and not a regulatory body like NUC.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by tolaswim: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
If ASUU doesn't have the power futo wouldn't have been worried.....You want to part of ASUU through political acquired professorship...E no go work.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Emceekonami(m): 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ45TwAGVT0&t=42s
#Streeet Parolz
We asked people on the street of Lagos to Mention three Nigerian songs and afterwards sing one. Trust Nigerians now. i still never understand The love song Tope Alabi sang����

#konamitv
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by ButterBurger: 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
FUTO is under siege, the APC federal government have taken the university hostage demanding for a ransom of suing ASUU.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by MrKings1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
cl0r0x:
Cybersecurity professor who claimed his twitter account was hacked.

i just tire oh.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by maisams01(m): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

Lol.., my Oga, re-read to see that I never said he doesn't have a PhD.
my bad, I misunderstood you

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by nurain150(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhatCanIsay:
It seems that VC of FUTO is a very shameless human being.

What sort of foundation is she laying in future? If everything is compromised, education should not be tampered with, although it has been nearly destroyed in Nigeria.

People with no atom of integrity, starting from the person that got professorship to the person that offered same

So he should not get promoted abi after years of lecturing and various Journals because his pantami a northerner and a muslim
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Aaay: 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by WhatCanIsay(m): 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
nurain150:

So he should not get promoted abi after years of lecturing and various Journals because his pantami a northerner and a muslim

If you are an honest human, no matter your beliefs or where you are from, you would have known the answer to why he wouldn't have been a professor now.

I guess all ASUU executives are Igbo and Christians. Think and reason responsibly for once bro.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by uptownemmygee(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Since when futo denied me admission 2016 after reaching the cut off mark of the small course I applied for, I lose hope for that institution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa State Government Inaugurates Security Outfit / Senator Akpabio Parading Fake Results, INEC Tells Akwa Ibom Tribunal / Supreme Court Dismiss Appeal Challenging Buhari’s Academic Qualifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.