Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship (21954 Views)

Litigious Terrorism: Kperogi Reacts To FUTO's Defence Of Pantami's Professorship / ASUU Declares Pantami’s Professorship Illegal, To Sanction FUTO VC, Others / FUTO: ASUU Rejects Own Committee Report Confirming Pantami's Professorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Kreme(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Who born this one?
See him making generalisation about an issue concerning one person/entity

Why are you on my mention? You wanna be really unfortunate in your life?
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
ogawisdom:

You can become a professor only via two ways

1. Appointment - in which case you have been serving in another university and reach the rank of associate professor. You can then apply to a new university for professorship where they will assess u n appoint you.

2. Promotion - where u grow over the years in one university until u reach professorship.

FUTO applied number one for pantami without due process. He was never an associate professor in another uni or even senior Lecturer for 6 years. They only considered his publications n scholarship.

Thanks for this. I never knew number one was even possible at all. I don learn something new today... Thanks again

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by blacknoir: 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
Shameless idiot
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by uniquelyspecial(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kreme:

Why are you on my mention? You wanna be really unfortunate in your life?
Can you make anyone unfortunate? Think we'll. Do you really have the ability?
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Kreme(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Can you make anyone unfortunate? Think we'll. Do you really have the ability?
Real life is more than hiding behind your keyboard....So ra e
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by kayusely70(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
temmypotter:
Futo .. a university in the east with an Eastern VC licking the behind of Pantami.. disgraceful!
Na dem dem ooo!
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Smithcole70(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
brainpulse:
ASUU becoming alpha and omega. Biting more than it can chew.

ASUU is not the university commission and cant dictate how university is run.
Says pulse Brain.
God when �
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by jmaine: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
Eluala:
This ASUU guys are bunch of jokers. How can a trade union think it can legislate for an institution that employs its members who to appoint into whatever position? Is this not madness? It's like children telling their father he has no right to appoint a manager of his choice in his own company he built before they were born and they are not even legally on the board of the company.

What nonsense! Unfortunately most comments here are based on ignorance and banal expression of emotions.

What a sad generation!

You are clearly the ignorant one.. ASUU elected to sanction the VC (A member of ASUU) for the seeming abominable act he committed.. The VC is an entity different from FUTO....

The criteria for designating one a Prof. is clear nationwide.. Dr. Isa Pantami has no business with a Prof. appellation.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by jmaine: 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Eluala:

I don't think you understand how a University works. No you don't. If you did, you would know that what ASUU is doing is beyond their limits and is equal to noisemaking. All they can do is the noise they have made, nothing more. If they knew it was outside their jurisdiction, then they would not have made fun of themselves in the manner they did.

The power to appoint a Professor belongs to the academic body running the university, not a trade union and there is no provision in the statutes that requires or mandates the governing council to seek approval from ASUU, a mere union in order to exercise that power. I don't know where you are getting this misinformation from.

You are clearly not remotely fit to engage in this discourse... The fellow you quoted is very conversant with the issue at hand... The VC is a different entity than FUTO, and if the VC is a member of ASUU, he can be sanctioned without question..

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by executive12: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
temmypotter:
Futo .. a university in the east with an Eastern VC licking the behind of Pantami.. disgraceful!

That's Imo State for you.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Eluala(m): 6:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
jmaine:

You are clearly not remotely fit to engage in this discourse... The fellow you quoted is very conversant with the issue at hand... The VC is a different entity than FUTO, and if the VC is a member of ASUU, he can be sanctioned without question..

Even the person you referenced has acknowledged that I was correct so what exactly are you talking about? ASUU does not have the power to determine who is fit for an appointment into any position in the University. ASUU is a trade union, not an executive body empowered with any governance function in the University, except for it's own affairs. So what exactly is the effect of their action other than noise making?

They can sanction their members to the extent that the member may be denied any rights or privileges which was initially conferred on them by membership of ASUU, the last time I checked, that does not include being appointed a Professor or even the VC of the institution for that matter. So what will their sanction achieve or deprive the VC? Mba an abara agu! As a matter of fact belonging to any trade union is a completely voluntary action, never by force, so who cares about ASUU? In any case, no staff member's benefits can be denied on account of non membership of ASUU. So what exactly would their sanction do to the VC other than just academic exercise?

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by nurain150(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

If you are an honest human, no matter your beliefs or where you are from, you would have known the answer to why he wouldn't have been a professor now.

I guess all ASUU executives are Igbo and Christians. Think and reason responsibly for once bro.

Mr deep thinker the reason he is not to be as proffesor is simple. If you are in the Academia you would understand better. He holds a federal government position, he needs to pave way for other young Lecturers. Not that he didn't merit the promotion. And perhaps the university senate is autonomous. Proffesorship is just a promotion not even an acedemic position.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by gudugudumeje: 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
Useless FUTO; USELESS NUC; Useless University Ptof. Otis..... Damn it - the court cannot stop ASUU.... Law or, no law....
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2022
nurain150:

Mr deep thinker the reason he is not to be as proffesor is simple. If you are in the Academia you would understand better. He holds a federal government position, he needs to pave way for other young Lecturers. Not that he didn't merit the promotion. And perhaps the university senate is autonomous. Proffesorship is just a promotion not even an acedemic position.

Let me give you a benefit of doubt with hope that maybe you are truly ignorant of the facts.

FUTO governing council dictates that before making anyone a professor in their school, the person must have taught at least 12 TWELVE years as an academic doctor in their school. So Mr. Academia, do you understand that?

FG of Nigeria which the minister serves, instituted that none of her employee should work in two different capacities... Do you understand what that means?

You brought a tribal and religious colouration to the matter which I don't know the sort of human being that makes you... Let me not address that infantile thinking.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kreme:

Real life is more than hiding behind your keyboard....So ra e
And making funny threats right?
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by nurain150(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Let me give you a benefit of doubt with hope that maybe you are truly ignorant of the facts.

FUTO governing council dictates that before making anyone a professor in their school, the person must have taught at least 12 TWELVE years as an academic doctor in their school. So Mr. Academia, do you understand that?

FG of Nigeria which the minister serves, instituted that none of her employee should work in two different capacities... Do you understand what that means?

You brought a tribal and religious colouration to the matter which I don't know the sort of human being that makes you... Let me not address that infantile thinking.

If that same senate then promotes pantami it's non of pantami business blame such senate for that law assuming.

How can you teach for 12 years before becoming a Prof?

Reason why Nigeria is backward he should remain a reader or associate Prof for 12 years haba?
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ibegtodiffer: 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
Eluala:

Even the person you referenced has acknowledged that I was correct so what exactly are you talking about? ASUU does not have the power to determine who is fit for an appointment into any position in the University. ASUU is a trade union, not an executive body empowered with any governance function in the University, except for it's own affairs. So what exactly is the effect of their action other than noise making?

They can sanction their members to the extent that the member may be denied any rights or privileges which was initially conferred on them by membership of ASUU, the last time I checked, that does not include being appointed a Professor or even the VC of the institution for that matter. So what will their sanction achieve or deprive the VC? Mba an abara agu! As a matter of fact belonging to any trade union is a completely voluntary action, never by force, so who cares about ASUU? In any case, no staff member's benefits can be denied on account of non membership of ASUU. So what exactly would their sanction do to the VC other than just academic exercise?
Lol... clearly you don't seem to read in-between the lines. You have what you want to say and must say them.

Observe that "to some extent" was added to the "you are correct". And that is to the extent that ASUU can not sanction FUTO. The person you quoted clearly knows what is been spoken about.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by Ibegtodiffer: 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
jmaine:

On social media, some people just say what they want. They don't seem to realize that the person of the VC is different from the institution.

I admire your brief style of putting your point across.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by jmaine: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2022
Eluala:

The person I referenced partially agreed with you that ASUU has no rights on who is conferred a Prof. by the Governing Council/Senate of the institution... However, they are very knowledgeable on the workings on the system and can cry foul when this system or process is breached.

Once an ASUU member is sanctioned, he will be mostly treated as a pariah in the system and ostracized by the majority... Imagine being recognized as a useless VC who connived with a politician to corrupt the system...

What ASUU said is simple... Pantami Professorship is VERY FAKE and they won't recognise him as such.... Erring members will be duly santioned.... This issue is very simple....

The VC dragging ASUU to court is just wasting his time...
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by jmaine: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

On social media, some people just say what they want. They don't seem to realize that the person of the VC is different from the institution.

I admire your brief style of putting your point across.

My brother, everybody be expert for social media grin... Thanks for the compliments cool

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by juman(m): 9:12am On Feb 16, 2022
I was sure ASUU would reject it.
But I am disappointed by FUTO ASUU.
Re: FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship by juman(m): 9:15am On Feb 16, 2022
What exactly pantami want to do with fake professorship?

There are uncountable other opportunities for him after leaving as minister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salihu Kadiri: Amotekun Targeted At Fulani Herders — Sarkin Fulani / Okorocha Meets Buhari Over Presidential Ambition / Okada Ban: Lagos Set To Crush Another 2,228 Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.