Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? (43754 Views)

If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Nearly First Class: What Class Of Degree Is This? / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Zeel007: 9:28am On Feb 16, 2022
Xtianah09:
GOOD OLD DAYS

EDET LIVES IN CALABAR
this is not edet lives in Calabar bros. This is Mr nwosu and his family preparing for Christmas
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by NOU169705536: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2022
Reader 6 should be about Gandoki was a great war chief!!!
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Zeel007: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2022
The funniest thing about the picture was that the woman was cooking rice without stove or gas, check the picture well.

We read it back then in primary 2 mr nwosu and his family during Christmas
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Rickmann: 9:31am On Feb 16, 2022
tutudesz:

When chicken was cheap grin

I dey tell you grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Rickmann: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2022
chukwuma0000:

grin grin

I enjoyed it then.

Adulthood is humanity's greatest scam
Our Childhood was priceless grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by peterincredible: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2022
Ha how I wish I can go back to the good old days
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Athemisia: 9:34am On Feb 16, 2022
chukwuma0000:
It's about 12years I read this book but couldn't remember any of the event that took place in this old novel.
Op you be small pikin oh... 12years?! shocked

Well, The picture depicts Mr Nwosu, who bought two chickens for Christmas. Mrs Nwosu cooking [that's what the book said]. Ngozi sweeping and Edet slicing pineapple.
Edet later travelled to live with his Uncle [Uncle Bassey] who lives in Eket in Calabar.
He had an adventurous road trip where several passengers do tell stories.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by deekseen(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

I think govt should enact a policy that will mandate schools to issue list of books only and not turn to book vendors, also publishers should be stopped from selling books directly to schools, they should go and drop it at a bookshop, while they just take sample copy to schools for marketing purposes only.
Nowadays, you can hardly see students of 3schools within the same area discuss about a particular text read in school just because the school wants to make extra money beyond tuition

God bless you. I don't think private schools are well regulated. A lot of them are just business centers hiding under the covers of private schools.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by nyzeo(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2022
Primary 3 and 4
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Drefaithful(m): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2022
we did not use it during our primary school days.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Athemisia: 9:37am On Feb 16, 2022
peterincredible:
Ha how I wish I can go back to the good old days
Hmmm.... I know that nostalgia feeling. But you can't.
However, you can create one by doing some of those things you did in the past once in a while.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by almarthins(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2022
Mercychen:
This is primary 3 Reader..it's not a novel.

Edet or Ali and simbi on Christmas day. Their father bought chicken to celebrate it.

Mehn...this takes me down memory lane and reminds me of my pry 3 teacher, Mr. Ibikunle. Very tall and grumpy old.
I remember, on one of our reading days, I just looked away for a sec and he threw a wooden duster at me and the thing hit me on the fore head. undecided.

Modified:
Wait o. If like many claimed, this is actually Ali and simbi, how come their father is Igbo? Is Ali an igbo name? Or even simbi? That is not Mr Nwosu lipsrsealed. I think it should be Mr Dada or something. grin.

When Nigeria was still modest. You eat and are satisfied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by engeen(m): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2022
I read this book 35 years ago. How time flies. My parents couldn't afford to buy me one then, so I had to pair with someone in class during English Language learning period.
chukwuma0000:
It's about 12years I read this book but couldn't remember any of the event that took place in this old novel.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by ukaface(f): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
That’s mr Nwosu and Mrs Nwosu that’s the Christmas chicken ,mum is cooking rice, that’s Macmillan primary two reader also with Ali and simbi
Edet lives in Calabar is reader three
Agbo and uncle mike the engineer is reader 4
Wakama and kunle and Alabi stubborn goat is reader 5
I can’t remember reader 6
meeehn, you're on point
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by DropsMic(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2022
chukwuma0000:

Primary 2.. I still remember it liked it was yesterday

Edet lives in Calabar he is 8 years-old every morning he goes to school but in the Afternoon he stays at home. He likes to read, his mother buys him books from the book Shop
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Kalaba(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2022
9jaBloke:
This brings back childhood memories. Life was simple and fun. Nigeria was safe.
I used New Oxford English Course (NOEC) though so I didn't get to read this in school.
This should be Macmillan Primary English Course 3/4. So I guess primary 3/4 for those who used it. I eventually read it anyway. I was addicted to books so I read everything that crossed my path: Novels, textbooks, Newspapers, magazines, Bible etc.
Same here, my school used Oxford English Course, I never got to read these popular Macmillan stories. Tho I hear my elder siblings talk about them and it's all fun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by ebenezer880(m): 9:53am On Feb 16, 2022
I read this 2004....hummm
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Maghan37: 9:54am On Feb 16, 2022
This should be primary 3 Macmillan English, I believe this is a breakaway story from the main character Edet.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by generalud: 9:58am On Feb 16, 2022
I was in Primary 4 then. That was when education in Nigeria had qualitative and sound value. By that time, if your hand does not cross your head to tourch your ear, you will not be admitted. Not now that you will see children with pampas going to school. I am proud to be a product of primary school.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by firstratedcitiz(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2022
Taking me down memory lane. But the one we read at primary school dated further back than 12 years. It's 'Day-by-Day English Course' for Primary Schools. That was in the '80s and I still remember names of characters in the book (Obi and Ada; Joseph and Rose, etc.)

1 Like

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by jidxin(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2022
Christmas is coming the chicks atre getting fat just put a kobo in the old mans hat come and eat said mother the food is ready

1 Like

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Nemesis08(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2022
This is Mr Nwosu na. I was in primary 2 that year

1 Like

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Onlinebar: 10:16am On Feb 16, 2022
I don't remember. I just know that life wasn't that hard then
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Nemesis08(m): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2022
jidxin:
Christmas is coming the chicks atre getting fat just put a kobo in the old mans hat come and eat said mother the food is ready
the geese are getting fat, not the chicks. But you try sha
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Wakanakarue: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2022
This is Mr Nwosu na on Christmas day grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by rubi96(f): 10:34am On Feb 16, 2022
I think there's a poem before or after the comprehension that goes like this ;
Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat, please put a kobo in the old man' hat. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Kelisss: 10:40am On Feb 16, 2022
primary 3 or 4. I was 7 or 8 yrs old
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
That’s mr Nwosu and Mrs Nwosu that’s the Christmas chicken ,mum is cooking rice, that’s Macmillan primary two reader also with Ali and simbi

You actually went to LGEA Primary school, aseear grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by OlawaleBammie: 10:49am On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
inside that reader four we had a song there(pictorial representation of songs grin )

A maja
B mawe
C mage buredi
Elifanti bo lona
Obo n goriigi
Inaki n kaleluya.. ogo grin

1 Like

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Bahamas95(m): 10:50am On Feb 16, 2022
Ya I remember, I read it 52yrs ago. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko's Sports University Of Nigeria Gets FG's License / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.