Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? (43879 Views)

If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Nearly First Class: What Class Of Degree Is This? / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
samuel051:
Its Mr Nwosu, this particular story is in the reader but entirely different from the Ali and simbi story.

Ok. Now with proof I believe you.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by poyo(m): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
adeoyekay:
Childhood days

I was not happy with my parent despite the fact of feeding me food in those days ,the reason why is that I want to buy the textbook

When it was bought for me I was excited in the sense that I did not sleep all through the night . I was open it chapter by chapter gone are those days, this enhanced my reading ability and at the same help me to assimilate quickly.
In those days I memorised the some chapter of that book

Reminisce to those days
I love it so much

But it didn't enhance your writing ability
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by IamRegal: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Gkemz:
"Edet lives in Calabar... He is eight years old. Every morning he goes to school but in the afternoon...."

We turned it to a rhyme while I was in primary

He stays at home.
He loves to read, his mother bought him a book from the book shop.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by IamRegal: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
I crammed most as ryhm in primary 2.
Then teacher will ask me to stop reading, and point to where I stopped for another person to continue. Na there whala dey start
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Titoglory(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
Today is Friday. Edet and his cousins are eating chicken and rice. Can you see the big bowl of rice on the table? There are some eggs (or bread) on the table too. Edet's cousins' names are John and Mary.
John: Edet, what are you going to do after school?
Edet: I am going to ride my new bicycle. What about you?
John: I am going to climb a tree. I am going to sit on the tree. Mary, can you climb a tree?
Mary: Yes, I can climb a tree....

I can't believe I still remember this story offhand. Back then, we were made to commit every story into memory ���
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by AFONAMARO: 1:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Xtianah09:
GOOD OLD DAYS

EDET LIVES IN CALABAR

He is eight years old.....
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by OMONGBALI: 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
GardenOfGod:
grin
"Edet lives in Calabar, he is 8 years old. Every morning he goes to school, but in the afternoon he stays at home, he likes to read...."
Complete the first page grin grin

The other one was Nneka and Wakama...

**Nneka and Wakama were returning home from school, suddenly they heard a voice from the balcony, help, help...."

** Agbor lives in the town of Lagoon which is not far from Ibadan, he went to primary school, he was in primary 4...."

** The boys school is one of the best school in Enugu. They had 12 classroom and a library. But last term the government added 6 classrooms...."

Just remember a few paragraphs from the books....

I was the headboy then from primary 3-6, and I used to be the only one to read in the class when our English teacher comes to teach us. It was fun honestly.
Primary 3, 4, 5.... 1900s

Lagun, not Lagoon. Lagun is a real place in Oyo state, not far from Ibadan. Your post brings back good old memory. I must say you have a great memory.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by TheOmoney(m): 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
That’s mr Nwosu and Mrs Nwosu that’s the Christmas chicken ,mum is cooking rice, that’s Macmillan primary two reader also with Ali and simbi
Edet lives in Calabar is reader three
Agbo and uncle mike the engineer is reader 4
Wakama and kunle and Alabi stubborn goat is reader 5
I can’t remember reader 6

LEGENDARY grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Eastlink(m): 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
tutudesz:

Cool cool stayed in Ojo barracks, before moving to Ikeja
So na Ojo barracks you stay, lol. We stay Ojo barracks too with my mum. Nigerian Navy Ojo na the school we finish 2004 set cheesy grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Eastlink(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
GardenOfGod:
cheesy
Gandoki... Primary 5
I remember the Gandoki poem... grin
Noslagia. I read this Gandoki with much seriousness then. I still have that painting of the horsemen in battle in my head. Macmillan reader. How do one rewind 24 years of his life?

1 Like

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by adeoyekay(m): 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
poyo:

But it didn't enhance your writing ability
what do you mean.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by punta(f): 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
That’s mr Nwosu and Mrs Nwosu that’s the Christmas chicken ,mum is cooking rice, that’s Macmillan primary two reader also with Ali and simbi
Primary 6 should be about Mr. Alade the headmaster and his family taking a trip around Nigeria during the long vacation.
I learnt a lot about different parts of the country through that book. His daughter’s name is Biola Alade.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by shonepa(m): 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
Malam Gandoki sitting on his horse...bad man

But hear say em dey do BDC now, na Benz em dey ride now seff

Dey stay Ajah

Emeka, Nwakamma and Kunle

Reader 6 should be about Gandoki who lives in the land of the jinn "Gandoki Lives in the land of the Jinn""[/quote]
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by liver123(m): 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
School is sweet those days, not what we have now
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Carot: 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mercychen:

It's a pry 3 Reader.
I read it 32 years ago. tongue.
at what age did you finish school
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Wuminity(f): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
Edet lives in Calabar is reader 3

It is the first day of the school year, obi and nneka are in primary 6. grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Carot: 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
The5DME:
Do make you go marry abeg, old cargo like ishilove.
ishilove don fùck, she don born
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Carot: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
ukaface:
meeehn, you're on point
ukaface you be ancient of days
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by EMAXIM(m): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
Read it 23 years ago.
Primary 2 Ali an Simbi
Primary 3 Edet live in Calabar
Primary 4 Agbo live in town of Lagoon
Primary 5 Wakama, Emeka and Kunle
Primary 6 Obi was a Boy's Scout
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by ukaface(f): 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2022
Carot:
ukaface you be ancient of days
wahala o, calm down
I no be ancient of days.
My elder brother had those reader and I could relate.
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Mondayisaac: 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
chukwuma0000:
It's about 12years I read this book but couldn't remember any of the event that took place in this old novel.
That's 2013,9yrs now
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by alabsmichael(m): 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
Primary 1(1 using 2)
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by AvalonSpace(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
How come Mr Nwosu (Igbo name) gave his children a different tribe's name, Ali and Simbi? Lol.. We never asked (as kids we were) until now!
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Ubongikouwem: 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
ebig21:
I can’t rememberk reader 6

Camp fire and boys scout is primary 6
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by DatesLady(f): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
jumpmasta:

“I am Gandoki , the father of Garba , Gandoki the war chief of the Muslims . I live a charmed life “

Na Gandoki be Usman Dan Fodio

The man that conquered the hausa tribe and subdued them to be slaves in their own lands

1 Like

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by GardenOfGod(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
My brother those days have gone..
Eastlink:
Noslagia. I read this Gandoki with much seriousness then. I still have that painting of the horsemen in battle in my head. Macmillan reader. How do one rewind 24 years of his life?
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by GardenOfGod(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
You are not far from the truth... Now the Hausas are living under their bond age in their own land.
Veggieseedies:

Na Gandoki be Usman Dan Fodio

The man that conquered the hausa tribe and subdued them to be slaves in their own lands
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by GardenOfGod(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
EMAXIM:
Read it 23 years ago.
Primary 2 Ali an Simbi
Primary 3 Edet live in Calabar
Primary 4 Agbo live in town of Lagoon
Primary 5 Wakama, Emeka and Kunle
Primary 6 Obi was a Boy's Scout
You must be in your 60s by now... grin grin
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by GardenOfGod(m): 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
AvalonSpace:
How come Mr Nwosu (Igbo name) gave his children a different tribe's name, Ali and Simbi? Lol.. We never asked (as kids we were) until now!
At that time tribalism was not the other of the day. Imagine you derailing from the gist of the matter to tribalism. Spit!!
Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by Iceberg3: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Mercychen:

Nope. Not true. That's Mr Bassey, Edets father. It's a pry 3 Reader.
Really?
Looks like you still gat that reader,hehe grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Class Were You, When You Read This Book? by TheKingsmann(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
chukwuma0000:

grin and how old are you now ?
30's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ABU Zaria: One Of The Finest Universities In Nigeria (pics) / The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.