Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior (32696 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Ike Eweama Promoted To Colonel In US Army (Photos) / Asp Amina, Igp Idris' Mistress Who Was Promoted From Corporal To Asp In 12 Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Afonasa(m): 12:40am On Feb 17, 2022
It's OK to know, they won't like u but it's fine

Just do ur job and treat them as professional,I know they would just blend to reality sooner than later

Hello guys my signature can solve all of your worries on issues regarding freelancing....

Am just a DM away
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Alkhateeb0019: 2:37am On Feb 17, 2022
Congratulations first...keep doing the good work BUT ..........OPEN YA EYES OOOOOO...make enemies in form of humans no go spread bad leg of sickness for u o ...if u understand wat I mean
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by ayoade001: 3:48am On Feb 17, 2022
This is it, document every shit n get the job done, you will earn their respect by doing this.

xtivin:

Make all your communication with them official, copy your superiors and behave with wisdom because they are looking for your errors daily. Don't try to be a nice guy to them because it is not worth it. Thank me later
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by abeniagbon(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2022
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

I worked in one of the financial institution in the country, sometimes last year I was promoted to head the department at zonal level, (good News right).
here is the problem and challenges I have been facing on the job, I have almost six superior that are above me in terms of ranks, but I was made to supervise them. this superior don't send their report to me or seek my opinion on anything.

I know they are not happy with me. my regional manager on sensing that this may be a problem recommended that I should be promoted ahead of all my superior yet our management is not saying anything about the recommendation of my regional manager.

most of this superior lobbied for this position but I was picked because of my ability's to deliver on the job.

experience peeps how do I handle a situation where I am supervising my superior yet they are not reporting to me or can I issue queries to them.
They will soon forget and also try be nice with them and always act simple to them.... If they are not giving you the report, politely ask them, in short call meeting while you have your regional manager on the desk too to address those issues
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by LordReed(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

I worked in one of the financial institution in the country, sometimes last year I was promoted to head the department at zonal level, (good News right).
here is the problem and challenges I have been facing on the job, I have almost six superior that are above me in terms of ranks, but I was made to supervise them. this superior don't send their report to me or seek my opinion on anything.

I know they are not happy with me. my regional manager on sensing that this may be a problem recommended that I should be promoted ahead of all my superior yet our management is not saying anything about the recommendation of my regional manager.

most of this superior lobbied for this position but I was picked because of my ability's to deliver on the job.

experience peeps how do I handle a situation where I am supervising my superior yet they are not reporting to me or can I issue queries to them.

Don't issue any query. Send them a request for their reports, give them a deadline and then cc your superiors. If the fail to send it in send them a reminder and cc your superiors again.

1 Like

Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by GodisFirst: 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
You report to someone, I guess your Regional Manager. Reach out to him, find out your current job role expectations and discuss your challenges.
He will put you through.
If those guys are to be reporting to you, he will inform you.
Re: I Was Promoted Ahead Of My Superior by Dshocker(m): 7:59am On Feb 20, 2022
Asquare84:
hi naira landers,

Of course you have to query them else,those that gave you the position will see that you are not competent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates / Top 10 Well Paid Occupation In Nigeria / Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.