Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob (38854 Views)

Nigerian Man Jumps To His Death In Malaysian Police Raid (Pic/Video) / Man Jumps To His Death After EFCC Stormed 1004 Estate Lagos For Arrest / 85-Year-Old Woman Jumps To Death In Anambra State (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Litmus: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2022
Does Nigeria have any organisational body responsible for monitoring Media and Broadcasting Standard?

It just seems to me that newspapers in Nigeria are limited by imagination only undecided

It used to be that any world famous author's bio had the obligatory reference such as, I was once a newspaper corispondant for six years or I was ten years top editor for the Spectator etc. Now,however, it is straight to the point and we have budding novelists not journalists working for newspapers in Nigeria.

It mightn't be all that bad for Nigeria if occasionally these so-called reporters made up positive news because, contrary to adage, good news also sells; especially, fantastic once such as, "A Nigerian Has just Made Breakthrough in Fission Energy!", instead of, "A Nigerian Youth Pretending to Be a Zombie, attacked, killed and Eat, the Chauffeur of the British High Commissioner!"
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by assholemods: 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Frigga13:
Yoruba land angry
Another one happened in Nassarawa today that was also on NL is Nassarawa Yoruba land?
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Shalommy(f): 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nothing wrong.. How did you guys know that he's a mentally challenged? undecided

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by otabaotaba: 12:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
This morning I commented NICE ONE to a post by nairaland that says a kidnapper was burnt to death by angry mobs in Nasarawa

Now I am commenting NICE ONE again
All of u shouting this is barbaric or not acceptable, I pray that either you or one of ur relations be kidnapped, killed and used for ritual then you will realize that Nigeria is not for you
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by dododawa1: 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrChukki:
When are we going to have sense in Nigeria...

So if truly he's a kidnapper, why can't they hand him over to the police for proper investigation which may lead to a safe rescue of his victims.

Now he's dead, we don't know who he truly is.

We don't even know who the person that gave him the envelope is.

We don't know what exactly the 7m and iPhone is for...

You see how we've lost intelligent data due to ignorance...

not supporting d burning real BUT if you caught d sender,is their judgement on him in this country.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
good news
DonCrack:
Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob In Ibadan (Graphic Photos)

https://hgsmediaplus.com/2022/02/16/mentally-challenged-man-jumps-to-his-death-after-being-set-ablaze-by-angry-mob/
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
like u don't know Nigeria police. they will free him after collecting token from his sponsor. i think setting him ablaze is the best, with the cheque book the owner can be traced
DrChukki:

So if truly he's a kidnapper, why can't they hand him over to the police for proper investigation which may lead to a safe rescue of his victims.

Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by PrinceGallant: 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Only God knows how many innocent people that have been lynched in this manner. Think, they claimed a cheque of N7 million was found on him, let's just accept that. Wouldn't the cheque bear name of the account owner, name of the bank, drawee's name? And those blood hungry men just killed him without making use of their senses.

I just hope God will not visit His wrath on all of us when the time come
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by nickyj19: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
There is fire on the mountain And nobody seems to be on the run Oh, there is fire on the mountain top And no one is a-runnin' I wake up in the mornin' Tell you what I see on my TV screen I see the blood of an innocent child And everybody's watchin
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by emmnprince(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
pretydiva:
I thought I was going to see the 7 million naira cheque, iPhone and cutlass undecided. You see the reason why we need to say know to jungle justice?

So how did they conclude that he's a kidnapper?

Na jump dem just jump into conclusion!

No mind them! The country is tough! The spate of kidnapping in recent times ehn! Small thing associated or assumed to be kidnapping activities, the crowd go ore and the despicable is done!

And he would have exposed many in the acts and rescued many innocent victims in their net if he was probed, who knows!
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by maasoap(m): 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
donziller:
cheque of N7 million, an iPhone, there are more to dis short story, if they handover the suspect to police 7m is more than enough to buy ur way out...

By the time you ask them to produce the check, the iPhone and other valuables seen on him, you will realise that everything they claimed to have seen is afterall an audio items. Lol. Nigerians and mob mentality are like 5 and 6, even the acclaimed educated ones on nairaland are not really different.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrChukki:

Nigerians most times behave like uncivilized and primitive negroes.

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Exceed15: 12:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
DrChukki:

Even the police are corrupt. They are worst.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by maasoap(m): 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Flexherbal:

This story is not complete.
What was he doing with the above items.

Did you see anything above in the in the pictures other than the ordinary mentions? Ask the mob that killed him where are the items, you will begin to hear "na dem say".

DrChukki:

You actually believed that wash?
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by KazikageSama: 12:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
illicit:
Wetin dey sup

Enough of all this burning

Of course he wouldn't cash that cheque in his condition, now where is the said cheque, whose name is on the cheque

Who wrote it in the first place?

Plenty oil dey your head brother. Those are the real questions.

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Panda7(m): 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
south west and barbarism are like Siamese twin, you can think all Nigerian are the same
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by techWriter3: 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
If we can application this same electricity to addressing our corrupt pols
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
They can't set their Governors, senators, LGA Chairman, on fire but quick to set others on fire following any thing questionable.
Ask them why they did it, they can't even tell you something definitive
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by chatinent: 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
I suspected the culprits who handled the items the him is among those who killed him.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Lightorder: 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
immortalcrown:
Maybe people take advantage of his mental condition to use him for criminal errands
the amount and the choice brand of his phone proved you wrong sir
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Angelfrost(m): 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
The average Nigerian disgusts me....

These same murderers (not just Lynchers) will still support and vote in corrupt officials who do worse than these criminals.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Originalsly: 1:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
From this report... I don't believe the man is mentally deranged. He wouldn't have a phone period ... to call and talk to whom? ... and which sane mam in a car will give him an envelope?... with check? As I see it... urchins saw the man receive an envelope ... believed it was filled with money ... robbed the guy of the envelope... and phone then set him ablaze and threw him off the overpass to shift the scene of the crime. No envelope... no phone... no identity of the victim. The one who drove off is the only one that can say what really happened. This is murder... not jungle justice. Corruption in the NPF is the root of jungle justice.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by FuckDModz: 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
Carlyboi:

You’re an inane idiot a simple minded fool.

It’s only mentally retarded individuals like you that would hand a mentally challenged and deranged person a cheque not to talk of a 7million cheque!your ignorance and stupidity must be innate!

Smh... A fool will never learn. You must be a yoruba twàt...

I rest my case.
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by watersideboys: 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
Some people believe that if they offer gifts to a mad person they will get more in return. That's just simple explanation to the items found on him. The items were given to him by people intending to use him for their magical success. Its just like getting an instruction to give a begger money , sleeping with an insane person, or dropping ritual items at a cross road etc.

Stupid , unread and ignorant Nigerians again will not reason like humans. Barbaric people I spit in you
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by Basiljoe: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Say No to jungle justice!
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by charlesdinho7(m): 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
e no go better for those idiots wey burn the man. take him to the police for proper investigation. anybody supporting the burning on this nairaland is very sick
Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by immortalcrown(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lightorder:
the amount and the choice brand of his phone proved you wrong sir
Okay. But remeber two things:
I said maybe. My statement is a mere suspicion, not an assertion.
Also, remember that the names on the check were not mentioned in the post.

I made the comment because the post does not confirm the owner(s) of the cheque and the phone. The items may belong to him. He may just be a messenger to deliver the items to someone else.

1 Like

Re: Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob by cococandy(f): 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Cousin9999 do you see what I was referring to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Rams Fight To Entertain Huge Crowd, One On The Run / 5 Kenyan School Boys Sneak Into Girls' Hostel, Caught & Tied By Soldier (Photos) / Nigerian Couple Caught With Heroine, Cocaine and drug money in india

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.