Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,276 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? (8532 Views)

NAICOM Increases Third-party Vehicle Insurance From N5000 To N15,000 / NAICOM Increases Third Party Motor Insurance By 200% To ₦‎15,000 / 5 Benefits Of Third Party Motor Insurance You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by tunwumi: 6:35am On Feb 17, 2022
They actually does pay. The first issue is many third party insurance are fake. How can insurance pay on fake insurance?

obembet:
Third-party insurance is essentially a form of liability insurance. The first party is responsible for their damages or losses, regardless of the cause of those damages. One of the most common types is third-party insurance is automobile

Third-party offers coverage against claims of damages and losses incurred by a driver who is not the insured, the principal, and is therefore not covered under the insurance policy. The driver who caused damages is the third party.

According to the insurance policy, you get coverages up to ₦1,000,000.00 on your third party insurance.

But from my own little observations, I realized that most Nigerian only renew thier third party insurance because of police Road safety or VIO. Infact some of my colleagues in office call it police let me pass .

Some Believe that insurance doesn't pay on Third-party. How true is this? Have you ever be deny Claim on your third party insurance?

2 Likes

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by saintnegroid(m): 6:39am On Feb 17, 2022
obembet:
Third-party insurance is essentially a form of liability insurance. The first party is responsible for their damages or losses, regardless of the cause of those damages. One of the most common types is third-party insurance is automobile

Third-party offers coverage against claims of damages and losses incurred by a driver who is not the insured, the principal, and is therefore not covered under the insurance policy. The driver who caused damages is the third party.

According to the insurance policy, you get coverages up to ₦1,000,000.00 on your third party insurance.

But from my own little observations, I realized that most Nigerian only renew thier third party insurance because of police Road safety or VIO. Infact some of my colleagues in office call it police let me pass .

Some Believe that insurance doesn't pay on Third-party. How true is this? Have you ever be deny Claim on your third party insurance? It works perfectly... That's if you buy the insurance policy from a recognised insurance company... The one people buy from secretariat does not have cover... I am an insurance expert.... You can ask any question pertaining to insurance

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by JUHABACH: 6:43am On Feb 17, 2022
correctyourself:

Please which of them is that, so we know where to go

AXA Mansard
Allianz
Aiico
Coronation
Leadway
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by JUHABACH: 6:43am On Feb 17, 2022
duality:

May I know them.

AXA Mansard
Allianz
Aiico
Coronation
Leadway
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by saintnegroid(m): 6:44am On Feb 17, 2022
Compliant:
MENTION ONE THING THAT WORK IN NIGERIA, SURELY NOT THIRD PARTY INSURANCE
you are wrong... We are paying claims all the time... Go and check zenith insurance books and see it for your self... Just walk to any zenith bank and ask for their insurance desk and see this g's for your self.... Insurance is working perfectly in Nigeria
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by saintnegroid(m): 6:47am On Feb 17, 2022
sinistermind:
Insurance can actually pay of third party. Insurance in Nigeria over the years have greatly improved and not what it used to be. So who ever is calling third party insurance “Police let me pass” is very wrong. As long as you pay a premium, the insurance company must pay third party claims
some of them goes to secretariat to buy third party just to pass police.... Those ones do not have cover and I guess that's the one they are referring to

2 Likes

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by saintnegroid(m): 6:47am On Feb 17, 2022
Astoria:
Ask yourself this very interesting question: How many folks had received insurance payouts from the First-Party Insurance, let's not even go to the distant Third-Party Insurance. Like you rightly said, most of us do these processes to avoid wahala from law enforcement. In the overall, making insurance claims in nigeria can generally be frustrating.
I can prove you wrong sir
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by OkanlawonB(m): 6:50am On Feb 17, 2022
sinistermind:
Insurance can actually pay of third party. Insurance in Nigeria over the years have greatly improved and not what it used to be. So who ever is calling third party insurance “Police let me pass” is very wrong. As long as you pay a premium, the insurance company must pay third party claims

If you are talking from personal experience, pls what exactly happened in your case? Any particular recommendable Insurance Company that honour such third party claims.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by DelTel(m): 6:51am On Feb 17, 2022
Too many ignorance in Nigeria

Reason for our backwardness is definitely not far-fetched
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Busineessguru4: 6:56am On Feb 17, 2022
Don't really know .
Do you have a business and you want to learn how to structure your business to be stable and function like how big organizations and corporations do. I have an ebook that will help you structure your business to run effectively without your supervision or having to always monitor your workers before work can be done and help you maximize profit. For just 3k you can get the material for now before it goes back to 5k and I will also add you to a Whatsapp business group for free where you will learn more and connect. Contact me with the number below in my profile
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Ayomitide77(m): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2022
OkanlawonB:

If you are talking from personal experience, pls what exactly happened in your case? Any particular recommendable Insurance Company that honour such third party claims.
I work in an Insurance company and the only reason a claim won't be paid is if it is fraudulent or the claimant doesn't want to claim for damages by submitting the required documents.

1 Like

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Shakitibob0: 7:00am On Feb 17, 2022
JUHABACH:

There are several world class insurance companies operating in Nigeria who always pay claims promptly. Maybe you should consider using those instead coz in my experience, they pay claims very quickly.
Please can you put out their names?
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by BennyDGreat: 7:07am On Feb 17, 2022
biggy00000:
Third party insurance
Hmmmmm..

I and a colleague of mine were involved in an accident some 4 years ago; as a believing Nigerian, I called up his insurance company, got police report and sent it. When the back and forth became unbearable I gave up.

I had comprehensive insurance on my car, called insurance company and it was fixed swiftly.

If it's within your reach, deal comprehensive.

Oluwa a wa pelu wa o

How affordable is the annual comprehensive premium?
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by OkanlawonB(m): 7:18am On Feb 17, 2022
Ayomitide77:

I work in an Insurance company and the only reason a claim won't be paid is if it is fraudulent or the claimant doesn't want to claim for damages by submitting the required documents.

i am interested in knowing your insurance company. Pls how does a comprehensive insurance compares with a third party insurance claims in terms of credibility and premiums. The premium ranges for both types will be appreciated.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by obembet(f): 7:20am On Feb 17, 2022
JUHABACH:

There are several world class insurance companies operating in Nigeria who always pay claims promptly. Maybe you should consider using those instead coz in my experience, they pay claims very quickly.

Kindly mention those insurance company
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Emmerlee(m): 7:22am On Feb 17, 2022
Yes it does.. But not when you buy a fake N700 policy around VIO offices. Original third party insurance cover costs N5000 for saloon cars and its safer to buy directly from a licensed insurance company.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by hmohammed(m): 7:22am On Feb 17, 2022
vincentjk:
Op you dey talk like say you node witness this buhari regime again

So na from Buhari regime na him you don dey pay 3rd party insurance? Baba go complete him 8 years wether you like it or not igbo man

1 Like

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by tolugar: 7:25am On Feb 17, 2022
obembet:

Some Believe that insurance doesn't pay on Third-party. How true is this? Have you ever be deny Claim on your third party insurance?

It works. My company uses it and they pay always
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Onyenna(m): 7:29am On Feb 17, 2022
sinistermind:

Only those on premium get paid?

We’ve been denied payment by a third party insurance before...... Our truck had an accident and we reached out to them.....Even after submitting documents and police report, they weren’t straight forward with us..... Then, we threatened them with social media...... That was when they started telling us to calm down and refused giving us our documents and police report back......... Long story short, the money was never paid......

What I understand from the whole brouhaha is that most third party insurance agents are rogues!!!

1 Like

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by 18wheeler: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2022
Third party insurance works. It's just more expensive than the police pass that majority subscribe to. If you pay the premium, you will get compensated.
My colleague got payment of 120 thousand naira last year when a truck carrying rice tilted at a traffic stop and the bags of rice fell on his car shattering some glass and damaging the trunk lid of the car. It was not up to the cost of repair but I'm sure it covered 90% of it.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Smartriya: 7:30am On Feb 17, 2022
blackboy2star:
It works oga. The mentality is what's depriving you people. My brother used it 2019. Try it yourself

But then most of their agents are rogues esp the ones who you find around the BOR offices. They sell expired policies to unsuspecting clients cos most people don't go online to check and just carry the let my pple pass paper.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Highvotage: 7:32am On Feb 17, 2022
[quote author=tolugar post=110295882]

You are right bors
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Onyenna(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2022
Smartriya:

But then most of their agents are rogues esp the ones who you find around the BOR offices. They sell expired policies to unsuspecting clients cos most people don't go online to check and just carry the let my pple pass paper.

Gbam!!! You garrit!!!! Their agents are criminals!!! They are the major problem...... They divert people’s insurance money into their pockets.....
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by omonla10(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2022
I will advise u guys, when processing ur vehicle papers, patronise the insurance brokers to do ur 3rd party insurance..

They are just a phone call away .. I did Comprehensive(70k) when I 1st bought my car and I didn't leave my house to get all the registration done.. And in 2months I had a small accident ,they paid the 67k damages I claimed and I didn't also leave my house... I just sent him the accident pix and my insurance papers

So for the 3rd party, they are just a phonecall away.. They will handle all the claims processes.. That's why they are called brokers

1 Like

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by prestigiouslady: 7:40am On Feb 17, 2022
Third party claims insurance works in Nigeria... I have paid lots of third party claims.. I work for Mutual Benefits Insurance.. As long as your claims isn't fraudulent (companies do their due intelligence too).. Mutual Benefits Insurance pays claims, and a lot of good insurance companies out there makes claims too.

Just make sure you're purchasing your Third party insurance from an insurance company, most of the third parties from licensing offices are fake..

If finance isn't a problem, I'd always advise a Comprehensive car insurance..that way, you're protecting(insurance) your car and at the same time protecting the other road users..
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by sucre: 7:41am On Feb 17, 2022
OkanlawonB:

Yes. Always use Anchor insurance. They do pay for third party issues and comprehensive as well, and they pay promptly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Mattjim: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2022
i actually got an insurance claim last year when i had a non fatal accident, its same process here in Nigeria as anywhere else, call to file claim or email them. I did everything via mail and they sent a staff to confirm, that was all i got a 140k pay out for the repair.
Astoria:
Ask yourself this very interesting question: How many folks had received insurance payouts from the First-Party Insurance, let's not even go to the distant Third-Party Insurance. Like you rightly said, most of us do these processes to avoid wahala from law enforcement. In the overall, making insurance claims in Nigeria can generally be frustrating.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by Ayomitide77(m): 7:43am On Feb 17, 2022
OkanlawonB:

i am interested in knowing your insurance company. Pls how does a comprehensive insurance compares with a third party insurance claims in terms of credibility and premiums. The premium ranges for both types will be appreciated.
I work with Custodian and Allied Insurance Ltd. The statutory premium for third party is #5000, while the premium for a third party is dependent on the value of the vehicle and the risk associated with it.

Third party as the name implies only pay claims for negligence to another party while Comprehensive covers cost for accident to the insured vehicle and the third party.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by sucre: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2022
Onyenna:

Gbam!!! You garrit!!!! Their agents are criminals!!! They are the major problem...... They divert people’s insurance money into their pockets.....

Don't buy fake third party insurance, get online it's from N5000.00. use Anchor insurance and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by biggy00000(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2022
BennyDGreat:

How affordable is the annual comprehensive premium?

It depends on how much you value your car.

For instance if I value my car @ 2,000,000 I might be asked to pay 3% as premium.
Re: Does Third Party Insurance Work In Nigeria? by sucre: 7:48am On Feb 17, 2022
Ayomitide77:

I work with Custodian and Allied Insurance Ltd. The statutory premium for third party is #5000, while the premium for a third party is dependent on the value of the vehicle and the risk associated with it.

Third party as the name implies only pay claims for negligence to another party while Comprehensive covers cost for accident to the insured vehicle and the third party.

I use Anchor insurance, they paid for damages for me year before last without no delay. Use Anchor insurance and thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 / Choosing The Right Oil For Your Car! / Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.