Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. (23186 Views)

Doctor Refused To Disclose The Test Result To Patient / The Best Physiotherapy Services In Abuja / "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Glowww(f): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Good day all.

My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist, though he has not been so long into the profession. He manages himself now with private practice by treating people in their homes and offering his services to clinics and hospitals who need his services on agreed amount to be paid him as he is yet to get a well paying job in a hospital . He recently got a call from one doctor who owns a clinic around his area for treatment of a patient with physiotherapy case. It was agreed between him and the doctor that he will be paid 5k each day for three times in a week.

On the first day of work, my husband arrived and began treatment. The doctor entered and began asking series of questions about the processes and procedures. After about 20mins, my husband told him that he would like to be given some privacy and concentrate on his patient as he was being distracted. The doctor refused, my husband refused answering further questions; this angered the man. When he was done with the treatment, he requested for his money and the doctor refused.

And argument ensued. He told my husband to leave the hospital, my husband said its until he receives his payment for workdone. He began pushing my husband away and a fight began, he bite my husband in several places. They were later separated. My husband went and treated himself and proceeded to report the case to the police station. The doctor went and reported too.

Note: Some Doctors ask the Physiotherapists these questions while treatment is ongoing because they want to treat the patients themselves and they don't know about Physiotherapy. They end up getting a physiotherapist and after few sessions, they dismiss them with hope that they have learnt, all because of greed. They end up doing a bad job and the patients case keep getting worse.
I told my husband to forget all about it and he said Never, that he worked for it and deserves his pay. I told him i know but justice is hardly gotten in this country.

Note: we recently got married and don't reside in same state because I have a business here and I'm heavily pregnant, i will join him as soon as I get a shop in his location. This case is taking a toll on my bp and I'm so worried. please what can we do? Any other options? Thank you good people.

Mods, please help a worried pregnant woman and her husband.

Thank you.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Cyphar(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
Letting go of some issues does not mean you are fool. it's jvst for us to let peace reign. if i am your husband i would have done worse too. just continue to persuade him to let go of the issue.And as for that mad doctor, he will so be unfortunate.

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by endy69: 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
The money is so little to fight over. Talk your husband outta it and leave the doctor with his conscience. Everyone is a professional in his own field and I wish Nigerians understand this simple fact

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by dawnomike(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.
My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist, though he has not been so long into the profession. He manages himself now with private practice by treating people in their homes and offering his services to clinics and hospitals who need his services on agreed amount to be paid him as he is yet to get a well paying job in a hospital . He recently got a call from one doctor who owns a clinic around his area for treatment of a patient with physiotherapy case. It was agreed between him and the doctor that he will be paid 5k each day for three times in a week.
On the first day of work, my husband arrived and began treatment. The doctor entered and began asking series of questions about the processes and procedures. After about 20mins, my husband told him that he would like to be given some privacy and concentrate on his patient as he was being distracted. The doctor refused, my husband refused answering further questions; this angered the man. When he was done with the treatment, he requested for his money and the doctor refused. And argument ensued. He told my husband to leave the hospital, my husband said its until he receives his payment for workdone. He began pushing my husband away and a fight began, he bite my husband in several places. They were later separated. My husband went and treated himself and proceeded to report the case to the police station. The doctor went and reported too.
Note: some Doctors ask the Physiotherapists these questions while treatment is on going because they want to treat the patients themselves and they don't know about Physiotherapy. They end up getting a physiotherapist and after few sessions, they dismiss them with hope that they have learnt, all because of greed. They end up doing a bad job and the patients case keep getting worse.
I told my husband to forget all about it and he said Never, that he worked for it and deserves his pay. I told him i know but justice is hardly gotten in this country.
Note: we recently got married and don't reside in same state because I have a business here and I'm heavily pregnant, i will join him as sin as I get a shop in his location. This case is taking a toll on my bp and I'm so worried. please what can we do? Any other options? Thank you good people.
Lalasticlala please help a worried pregnant woman and her husband. Thank you.
He should simply let go of the matter if only for your sake...

9 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by 377: 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
How can a Dr fight for what just bacause of 5k that cant even take about 10 bottles. persuade him let go if possible send the 5k to him to forget the issue. 5k is not work the stress

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by 377: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
How can a Dr fight for what, just bacause of 5k that cant even take about 10 bottles of hero please persuade him to let go if possible send the 5k to him to forget the issue. 5k is not worth the stress

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by ivolt: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
He should forget the money but not the assault.

Make sure the doctor is arraigned for physical assault to teach others a lesson.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by backnbeta(f): 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
He should let it go. Thankfully, it's his first session and the money is minimal. Besides, he needs to work well with doctors for now because he'll get his clients mostly through referrals until he stabilizes

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nothing person no go see for this country! angry

Because of 5k they go involve police. How much to settle police abeg? E never pass 5k? Your husband should know what to do na, he's educated, he should petition the right authorities for this. I no say country hard but tell your husband to forget that 5k abeg, 5k is not worth the stress at all angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by JackDaAlienz(m): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
He bite your husband shocked

Is the doctor an ipob cannobal from the yeast?

Drop his name, lemme check something.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by PheelzAlmighty: 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
Crazy
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Terrence99: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Tell your husband to petition the MDCN. It is not everything that you bring online. Educated people should be able to use their brains.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by loadedvibes: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Lol.. see professionals fighting over 5k. Damn.

But your husband didn't even remove atleast a tooth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by LollySeaSide: 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

On the first day of work, my husband arrived and began treatment. The doctor entered and began asking series of questions about the processes and procedures. After about 20mins, my husband told him that he would like to be given some privacy and concentrate on his patient as he was being distracted. The doctor refused, my husband refused answering further questions; this angered the man. When he was done with the treatment, he requested for his money and the doctor refused.

And argument ensued. He told my husband to leave the hospital, my husband said its until he receives his payment for workdone. He began pushing my husband away and a fight began, he bite my husband in several places. They were later separated. My husband went and treated himself and proceeded to report the case to the police station. The doctor went and reported too.

Note: Some Doctors ask the Physiotherapists these questions while treatment is ongoing because they want to treat the patients themselves and they don't know about Physiotherapy. They end up getting a physiotherapist and after few sessions, they dismiss them with hope that they have learnt, all because of greed. They end up doing a bad job and the patients case keep getting worse.

Note: we recently got married and don't reside in same state because I have a business here and I'm heavily pregnant, i will join him as soon as I get a shop in his location. This case is taking a toll on my bp and I'm so worried. please what can we do? Any other options? Thank you good people.

Thank you.
Your hubby needs to work smart.
That's the surest way he'll make it.
Most professionals are greedy and there's little anyone can do about that.
In situations like this, he should've sensed that the doctor is in the upper echelon of the greed hierarchy and apply wisdom.
He should have spoken to the patient, leave his complimentary card and walk away.
The patient will look for him and other patients will come through referrals if he's good.
Fighting in someone's facility is a bad case.
I hope the other doctor doesn't cook up stories just to nail him.

47 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by baby124: 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
Imagine your doctor is as crazy and full of mental issues as this crazy doctor? If high time we start having Doctor rating service in Nigeria. OP, have your husband report him to his board with evidence. He should not be practicing as a Doctor if he’s not mentally stable.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by vincentjk(m): 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
I understand things are hard and all but he'll only spend more reporting to police and taking the case further.

Let him just let it slide, I know say this kyn thing dey pain sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by elpochas: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Madam if you have that 5k just send it to him.That 5k is to small to start making case.How much will you settle the police or lawyer and possible transport expenses and stress.Pls if you can involve his close pals and family to talk to him,it will be the best.Walaha no dy pay o.Na who dy Alive dy Hussle.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by BUSHHUNTER: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Drop the case because the money involved is too small.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Ishitinyourlife: 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
I'll tell you to move on because obviously the money is too small to be fighting over, I personally lose more than that regularly and I don't think about it thrice.
However you owe it to the next person he's going to do the same thing to,try to find out if it's his first time or it's an habit for him, if it's an habit arrest him or have your husband beat the crap out of him,area boys won't collect pass 15k
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Sterope(f): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Not surprising. They ruined the nursing profession too.

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by iHart(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Your husband could have answered the questions the doctor was asking. Some times, questions are not to learn your secret but to find out if you know what you are doing!!! And if your husband answered him well, that could have made the doctor see your husband as an expert and that will bring more referrals

19 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by paparazi232(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
you're husband should let go of it as for the doctor he will pay one day one Time till he' stopped paying
Really COLD OUTSIDE
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
The first point of call as a professional is leaving without causing any scene then report to the appropriate body MRTB and MDCN. Both of them understand what's at stake if dealt with in a professional manner. They are not motor park conductors and drivers.

Please, deal with this issue professionally as this can led to disagreement between two health care professionals that works hand in hand for the betterment of patients and the parties involved.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by vincentjk(m): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
Sterope:
Not surprising. They ruined the nursing profession too.

Really? Pls explain!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Adaiobanyi1: 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Vicas2000: 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

Thank you.

Tell your husband to start applying for physio jobs on www.nhs.net. He deserves a lot better than to be fighting over 5k jobs when he can earn £40,000 - £50,000 yearly.

8 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by DoggoneDogg: 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
The only problem I see here is poverty from all parties.
Tufiakwa

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Makes COVID-19 Vaccination Compulsory For Civil Servants / FCTA Confirms Outbreak Of Diphtheria In Abuja Community, Records One Death / Can I Still Get Pregnant With Sperm Leakage After Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.