Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. (23182 Views)

Doctor Refused To Disclose The Test Result To Patient / The Best Physiotherapy Services In Abuja / "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Oppy2k2: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
An average Nigerian doctors are greedy and always think they can do all. Imagine that doctor asking for physiotherapy procedures and processes, the same way they want to lord over medical laboratory scientists, nurses, radiographer etc.
He should sue the the doctor and claim damages.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Echoban: 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2022
jumpmasta:

You assumption about Drs wanting to know about the procedure so they could start doing physiotherapy services is quite myopic and wrong . He has every right to interphase with the professional as he needs to be carried along . Life isn’t that hard

Asin eh, why will I call u to see my patient and expect me to leave u and and the patient alone, if issue go lap no b the doctor go still treat am ni..

Just do ur job and let things slide. U can't keep fighting everyone.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by freeman67: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Like a lot of people have said, talk to your husband to just be the bigger person and let the matter go. While not discounting the place of referrals and relationships, I wish to say in very strong terms that a labourer deserves his wage. If he teaches the doctor his own area of specialization and the doctor start practicing would there even be another referral? If that doctor want to be a physiotherapist he should go and study it. Nigeria doctors; very greedy sets of people too. After billing the patients outrageous fees they still find it hard to pay other professionals that work with them. Instead they will want to be jack of all trades and pocket everything.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by SILVERLINES: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Most people don't know that medical doctors are mostly poorest in our society today. Imagine two medical doctors fighting cos of mere 5k, something wey ordinary nwa boys d make in onitcha main market daily.
Expectations on medical doctors these days people they have conquer the world immediately they graduated from medical schools without knowing that's the beginning of their life stories.

Nigeria is finished
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Echoban: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Oppy2k2:
An average Nigerian doctors are greedy and always think they can do all. Imagine that doctor asking for physiotherapy procedures and processes, the same way they want to lord over medical laboratory scientists, nurses, radiographer etc.
He should sue the the doctor and claim damages.

U talk as if theve poisoned ur mind against Doctors. Sorry o

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Awkabigboy: 10:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

[s]My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist, though he has not been so long into the profession. He manages himself now with private practice by treating people in their homes and offering his services to clinics and hospitals who need his services on agreed amount to be paid him as he is yet to get a well paying job in a hospital . He recently got a call from one doctor who owns a clinic around his area for treatment of a patient with physiotherapy case. It was agreed between him and the doctor that he will be paid 5k each day for three times in a week.

On the first day of work, my husband arrived and began treatment. The doctor entered and began asking series of questions about the processes and procedures. After about 20mins, my husband told him that he would like to be given some privacy and concentrate on his patient as he was being distracted. The doctor refused, my husband refused answering further questions; this angered the man. When he was done with the treatment, he requested for his money and the doctor refused.

And argument ensued. He told my husband to leave the hospital, my husband said its until he receives his payment for workdone. He began pushing my husband away and a fight began, he bite my husband in several places. They were later separated. My husband went and treated himself and proceeded to report the case to the police station. The doctor went and reported too.

Note: Some Doctors ask the Physiotherapists these questions while treatment is ongoing because they want to treat the patients themselves and they don't know about Physiotherapy. They end up getting a physiotherapist and after few sessions, they dismiss them with hope that they have learnt, all because of greed. They end up doing a bad job and the patients case keep getting worse.
I told my husband to forget all about it and he said Never, that he worked for it and deserves his pay. I told him i know but justice is hardly gotten in this country.

Note: we recently got married and don't reside in same state because I have a business here and I'm heavily pregnant, i will join him as soon as I get a shop in his location. This case is taking a toll on my bp and I'm so worried. please what can we do? Any other options? Thank you good people.

Mods, please help a worried pregnant woman and her husband.

Thank you[/s]
We haven't heard from the doctor, no be woman u be? Of course u will defend your husband even if he's wrong

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Awkabigboy: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
SILVERLINES:
[s]Most people don't know that medical doctors are mostly poorest in our society today. Imagine two medical doctors fighting cos of mere 5k, something wey ordinary nwa boys d make in onitcha main market daily.
Expectations on medical doctors these days people they have conquer the world immediately they graduated from medical schools without knowing that's the beginning of their life stories.

Nigeria is finished[/s]
I no blame u, na physiotherapy wife who bring story for una I blame
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by CHRISTBUKAS(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Professional ethics has really suffered in this country.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Benwems(m): 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
Emma1208:
The first point of call as a professional is leaving without causing any scene then report to the appropriate body MRTB and MDCN. Both of them understand what's at stake if dealt with in a professional manner. They are not motor park conductors and drivers.

Please, deal with this issue professionally as this can led to disagreement between two health care professionals that works hand in hand for the betterment of patients and the parties involved.

Dogs don’t eat dogs. I don’t think MDCN would take serious action against their own
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by chronique(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist, though he has not been so long into the profession. He manages himself now with private practice by treating people in their homes and offering his services to clinics and hospitals who need his services on agreed amount to be paid him as he is yet to get a well paying job in a hospital . He recently got a call from one doctor who owns a clinic around his area for treatment of a patient with physiotherapy case. It was agreed between him and the doctor that he will be paid 5k each day for three times in a week.

On the first day of work, my husband arrived and began treatment. The doctor entered and began asking series of questions about the processes and procedures. After about 20mins, my husband told him that he would like to be given some privacy and concentrate on his patient as he was being distracted. The doctor refused, my husband refused answering further questions; this angered the man. When he was done with the treatment, he requested for his money and the doctor refused.

And argument ensued. He told my husband to leave the hospital, my husband said its until he receives his payment for workdone. He began pushing my husband away and a fight began, he bite my husband in several places. They were later separated. My husband went and treated himself and proceeded to report the case to the police station. The doctor went and reported too.

Note: Some Doctors ask the Physiotherapists these questions while treatment is ongoing because they want to treat the patients themselves and they don't know about Physiotherapy. They end up getting a physiotherapist and after few sessions, they dismiss them with hope that they have learnt, all because of greed. They end up doing a bad job and the patients case keep getting worse.
I told my husband to forget all about it and he said Never, that he worked for it and deserves his pay. I told him i know but justice is hardly gotten in this country.

Note: we recently got married and don't reside in same state because I have a business here and I'm heavily pregnant, i will join him as soon as I get a shop in his location. This case is taking a toll on my bp and I'm so worried. please what can we do? Any other options? Thank you good people.

Thank you.

If I get you right, your husband is fighting because of 5000 naira? If that's the case, let him leave it and move on. That money is too small to engage in physical combat over. It's actually a sign of poverty. I know it's his right to collect what he worked for but he needs to show himself as being in a higher class than the doctor. He should let go.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by tonyson010(m): 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
iHart:
Your husband could have answered the questions the doctor was asking. Some times, questions are not to learn your secret but to find out if you know what you are doing!!! And if your husband answered him well, that could have made the doctor see your husband as an expert and that will bring more referrals

after answering a few questions...the doctor still continued to ask . ..... NO BE INTERVIEW THE MAN WENT FOR.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by nnamdiosu(m): 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist, though he has not been so long into the profession. He manages himself now with private practice by treating people in their homes and offering his services to clinics and hospitals who need his services on agreed amount to be paid him as he is yet to get a well paying job in a hospital . He recently got a call from one doctor who owns a clinic around his area for treatment of a patient with physiotherapy case. It was agreed between him and the doctor that he will be paid 5k each day for three times in a week.

Thank you.

It appears oga is stubborn, or was bitten very hard, or just wants to suffer you. In the first place, he shouldn't have told you, based on your condition.

Secondly, he would definitely have spent more than the 5k at the station...and will probably spend more if care isn't taken.

At this junction, you're the only one that can help yourself. Rest your mind or involve his people to calm him down.

I understand his point about a worker deserving his pay, but most times, it's not worth it.

We from here can't do anything, other than to pray for you and advise you to try to calm your mind because of your condition.

Meanwhile, call his pastor, colleagues, etc to advise him.
He that runs from a fight, lives to collect his money another day. It's well

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by OKKO(m): 11:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
othermen:
The doctor invited your husband to provide a service to a patient he has an obligation to.

The doctor probably wanted to be sure of your husband’s competence.

Doctors are not licensed to supervise physiotherapists. Physio has thier license and regulatory Board. He don't have any business interfering with the treatment. The physio is practicing under Law and oath....so as the doctor.

If the doctor knew the procedure he won't have invited the physio in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by stonecoldcafe: 12:30am On Feb 17, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist,

Thank you.

Advice your husband to drop the case
Only that police case and bite mark, how much has he spent now? Ask him if its worth it, such a waste of time and energy
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Proudlyomonna: 12:39am On Feb 17, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
The only problem I see here is poverty from all parties.
Tufiakwa

grin grin You no well
Why fight him in the first place when you will eventually go and report the case to the police though ��.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by cyrusmillz: 1:08am On Feb 17, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

Thank you.

Just try end explain to your husband that what he's doing is making you feel worried and being worried isn't good for your condition and that your BP could rise if he continues like this. And besides , you can try the UK skilled worker visa , physiotherapists are one of the in demand occupation on the list .
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Invictuse: 1:13am On Feb 17, 2022
You husband is not a wise man. He will encounter more client with similar altitude all his life so you should buy him boxing gloves to beat them all up when they come with questions.

A doc that recommended him can not ask him questions..lol. just imagine a doc prescribing drug n I ask what the drug is for will tell me to just go and use it instead of finding an intelligent how to dismiss me even if he does not want to share that vital details with me.

How do you think people get to buy malaria tablet instead of visiting the doc ? Do some malaria patient still not insist on seeing a doctor when they know it's malaria that is their problem.

Glowww:
Good day all.

Thank you.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by smasher1(m): 1:15am On Feb 17, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

Thank you.

Your husband is stubborn and ready to waste money he likely would not get back. Leave the case to God and stop worrying.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Invictuse: 1:21am On Feb 17, 2022
Thank God I tot I was the only that feel a doc that prescribe your service to his patient you have the effrontery to tell him to leave the room so you can concentrate in his own hospital that your father his even paying for. In Nigeria many people get audacity.

A learnered doc can not interrogate your service he ordered because he might discover the secret you spent several years in school to learn of what importance is the years you wasted then. If a man watch you build a chair does it mean he can build the same chair ?

iHart:
Your husband could have answered the questions the doctor was asking. Some times, questions are not to learn your secret but to find out if you know what you are doing!!! And if your husband answered him well, that could have made the doctor see your husband as an expert and that will bring more referrals
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by PeachtreeReside(f): 1:32am On Feb 17, 2022
Word of mouth contract is what we should learn to stop.

A formal letter of terms of contract should have been entered into.

Hope your hubby gets his justice and please take things easy biko
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by CHoccolaTE: 1:34am On Feb 17, 2022
Nigerian doctors are just an arrogant and snobbish group of people.

They really think because they are doctors so they can do the work of every other medical practitioner.

Their arrogance is very irritating.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by purpleicious(f): 1:35am On Feb 17, 2022
Madam please take it easy cos of the baby.Ask your hubby to let go and let God.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by lereinter(m): 1:35am On Feb 17, 2022
You said the doctor was interviewing him so that he could do the job

I'm not that's true, maybe he wants to teach auxiliary nurse

Well

I pray your husband get UK health visa
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by InvertedHammer: 1:49am On Feb 17, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

Thank you.
/
Tell your husband to let it go.

[s]N[/]5000 is too little for the stress he is inviting in his life. As he grows in his profession, he will be glad if his losses are pegged at N5k only. He should find a way to operate on pay-before-service to be on the safe side.

/
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:12am On Feb 17, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

Thank you.

Sorry that your husband had to go through all this.

We are not sure the account of the doctor too. So the Doctor might not be wrong either.

He should be looking actively out of the country if he fancies that option. Naija as it it now is nearly a mess, and tending towards absolute lawlessness.

Regards
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by tabaralph: 4:08am On Feb 17, 2022
Cyphar:
Letting go of some issues does not mean you are fool. it's jvst for us to let peace reign. if i am your husband i would have done worse too. just continue to persuade him to let go of the issue.And as for that mad doctor, he will so be unfortunate.
Post your husband account details here, I feel your husband’s pain and frustration,he should let it go…I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by ikorodureporta: 4:50am On Feb 17, 2022
iHart:
Very good point.

I see greed on both sides.

If someone steals your knowledge, u dnt have to worry. Most people will always seek for the better knowledge

Anytime I find myself visiting the sick, I also ask the doctors questions on the procedures of treatment...

Mr. Physio, you just have to move on...since you've not found someone to partner with....prolly because of your attitude too.....yes. You are also greedy.

The doctor shl have given you yr N5k out of maturity too
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by afrodoc2: 4:52am On Feb 17, 2022
Sterope:
Not surprising. They ruined the nursing profession too.

Why are you this pained? Let it go for your own peace of mind. grin
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by uvie66: 5:04am On Feb 17, 2022
endy69:
The money is so little to fight over. Talk your husband outta it and leave the doctor with his conscience. Everyone is a professional in his own field and I wish Nigerians understand this simple fact
Na waaooo, the thing weak me, two highly educated fighting over pittance, weren't they thaught professional ethics in the cause of their studies.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 17, 2022
Viltron:
Medical[s] Doctors in Nigeria are so unprofessional[/s]. You'll see just a general practitioner who's everything including a surgeon. And they keep doing a bad job, killing patients

Tell your husband to let go. Forget pride, he'd pay more than the amount to the corrupt police

If you were intelligent, you would have known that all professions have some bad eggs.

But to tag all Medical Doctors in Nigeria as unprofessional shows how your thinking is shallow.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by etibaba(m): 5:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Glowww:
Good day all.

My husband is a good and dedicated Physiotherapist, though he has not been so long into the profession.

Thank you.
You husband is being unnecessarily stubborn (don't get me wrong, he is in his right to ask for his money cos he worked for it), but considering the fact that this sum is ₦5,000 and i believe making the police report and the cost of treatment from the injury he sustained during the fight with the doctor must have been more than the initial ₦5,000.

He should consider your pregnant state and let go of this matter before regrets sets in.
Re: Doctor Refused To Pay For My Husband's Physiotherapy Services, Fights Him. by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 17, 2022
Greed has always been the bane of society. Your husband should refrain from making further contacts with the loopy doctor. Kindly drop his account details and I will credit the amount ASAP. KINDLY seek his opinion on my offer before indulging me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Makes COVID-19 Vaccination Compulsory For Civil Servants / FCTA Confirms Outbreak Of Diphtheria In Abuja Community, Records One Death / Can I Still Get Pregnant With Sperm Leakage After Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.