Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) (26863 Views)

The Ikom Bridge In Cross River State Almost Done! / Second Ikom Bridge In Cross River Completed (Pictures) / Stella E. Nkoro PDP Declared Winner Of The Ikom II State Constitiency, C. River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by rebirthto: 10:00am On Feb 17, 2022
AnonPoet:
Timeline: February 5, 2021

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1357736213369810947?t=e3o8BBN21VTYTqwkvNiARQ&s=19

Note that this bridge leads to Cameroon and would increase trade between Nigeria and the neighboring country.

I remember the noise made over the Railway leading to Niger and how some people ignorantly said it was due to tribe. I guess the people here are also Fulani.
how does the bridge lead to Cameroon? I understand Ikom is a border town but how does this particularly bridge lead to Cameroon?.
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by rebirthto: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2022
Themandator:

How does the bridge lead to ��? Is it not the bridge linking Ikom and Obubra that replaced the old one done with sukukk bond

Please explain the routes immediately you leave the bridge so we know how close it is to your Cameroon
nice question ....how does it lead to Cameroon .. just drove pass the bridge about an hour ago...
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by aminusodiq(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1357736213369810947?t=e3o8BBN21VTYTqwkvNiARQ&s=19

Note that this bridge leads to Cameroon and would increase trade between Nigeria and the neighboring country.

I remember the noise made over the Railway leading to Niger and how some people ignorantly said it was due to tribe. I guess the people here are also Fulani.
there is a road meant for thesame purpose
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Raxxye(m): 10:13am On Feb 17, 2022
Wasky101:

Useless country, but agricultural trade with them is high.
Lemme give u a sneak peek into the trade, do u know those tall red goats that you like to consume, can u guess where they come from by truck loads, Do u also know that loads of grains planted in the north finds there way to Niger by tons.
So the red goats come from Niger and they didn't lay the rail tracks or construct a road so that they can easily sell off their products? Abi do they give the goats to us for free?
You are just making lame excuses for this terrorist Fulani govt of Muhammadu Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by MosheDayan: 10:15am On Feb 17, 2022
overall90:

What is inferiority complex? stop using words that you don't know the meaning.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by goaldynboy: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2022
AnonPoet:

[s]Note that this bridge leads to Cameroon and would increase trade between Nigeria and the neighboring country.

I remember the noise made over the Railway leading to Niger and how some people ignorantly said it was due to tribe. I guess the people here are also Fulani. [/s]

You must have a cow brain to be comparing a bridge to a railway!!

Besides, this bridge was built by both Nigeria and Cameroun; while the cost of the Niger railway is being borne by only Nigeria!
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Cognitivereason: 10:37am On Feb 17, 2022
nazicartel:
but the op talked about the rail way which was heavily financed by the Nigerian Government. This bridge didn't really enter Cameron as people are saying.
The road connecting the bridge ends at Cameroon..and of course it was built with Nigeria money..

The construction of the rail to maradi hasn't even started..
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Cognitivereason: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2022
goaldynboy:

You must have a cow brain to be comparing a bridge to a railway!!

Besides, [s]this bridge was built by both Nigeria and Cameroun[/s]; while the cost of the Niger railway is being borne by only Nigeria!
This is a lie..
It 100% Nigeria funded..
Just like the Enugu abakaliki bamenda (Cameroon) road...

The Niger rail..has more financial returns than the roads...obviously because Niger citizens have to pay to move their goods and other logistics from the Lagos port to their bordering town(maradi)
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by caracas: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2022
AnonPoet:

Are you OK? Why will you be comparing Railway to ordinary bridge
We have bridges every where in the country but same cannot be said for railways..
Why will the president connect another country with railway when most places in the country are yet to be connected.....
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by caracas: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2022
post=110294544:
Slow and steady we will get to the nation of our dreams.

May karma help us kill all looting, wicked and evil politicians that took our nation 100 years back and looted the destinies of the youths of our nation , those that are still alive..... along with their offline and online supporters, AKA Children of hate, frustrations and perdition.

So shall it be in God's name.
It will never ever be well with the supporters of this evil regime.....
There will be weeping n crying in their homes the way this useless government n regime has put many to crying weeping n suffering....
They can be forgiven for imposing this evil thing on us, but for those that continue to support this evil government despite clear n obvious failures n maladministration......they will suffer n suffer n suffer n suffer.......
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by sulaak(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2022
observer88:
Good job!

But I wonder why anyone would compare this bridge with an absolutely Nigerian funded railway between Nigeria and Niger Republic, with minimal evidence of reasonable trade between them.

Economic value is the issue here. The current Fulani leadership is in a race with herself to expend national resources that they do not generate on their brothers even when these are across the border.

I am not from the North and I hate Buhari, but there are many good rationales on why Nigeria should invest and build a railway between Nigeria and the Niger Republic. Maybe the argument should be why is the Niger Republic is not funding their side of the railway.
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
triple996:
Naso
Now let's sit back, relax and watch as kpurumiri people will invade this thread and start making noise on how the project is poor and cheap. Bitterness and hate dominates their lives.
Say no to cannibalism and kpurumiri cheesy

As a citizen you deserve more than what your politicians are giving to you but tribalism, religion and nepotism will never make you see the truth
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
AnonPoet:

This one is different, Ikom has no direct boundary with Cameroon.
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by triple996(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
chimdifamous:

Tribalistic prodigal demented bastard,asshole,motherfucker,God punish your generation,may devil strike you with thunder and burn you with lightening,

Report my account and let it get banned,I don't care, I no dey even log in here most times but did just to insult you coz your posts irks me,

May you never have a nice day..
U sound pained grin
Sorry wooo. Your ban go long sha cheesy
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by triple996(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
chimdifamous:

Tribalistic prodigal demented bastard,asshole,motherfucker,God punish your generation,may devil strike you with thunder and burn you with lightening,

Report my account and let it get banned,I don't care, I no dey even log in here most times but did just to insult you coz your posts irks me,

May you never have a nice day..
U sound pained grin
Sorry wooo. You ban go long sha cheesy
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by triple996(m): 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dawn91:

.seun mynd44 mukina2 oam4j Dominique ishilove

Comments like this detail the thread pls act

Rule 1
U don't even know d rules grin
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Iamvetlander(m): 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
tito44:

Also show us the spaghetti abi indomie highway that has been under construction since Ayade came into power.

By the way, I love ikom, hotel 45 and heritage is my place of chilaxing

Bad guy, I am in Lagos, but will love to visit ikom, invest in Cocoa. Hope you don't mind if I send you a DM?
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Danny50: 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2022
As calabar boy I must say that my Governor is a useless man
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Magic1: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
theenchanter:

don't get it wrong. Nigerians are not making noise because the rail-line leads to Niger republic but because Nigeria will build/finance the rail-line to Niger republic territory, Maradi.

I believe this bridge u posted ends at the border between Nigeria and Cameroon, unlike the rail-line that extends about 40km into Niger.

The OP is high on something. The bridge is nowhere close to the border and the bridge is not even located on the road that leads to the border.
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Magic1: 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
AnonPoet:

Where did you get your information from. This bridge is located along Ikom-Calabar highway, nowhere close to the Mfum border town. There are several kilometers from this less than one kilometer bridge to the border between Nigeria and Cameroon.

The government has done well but your comparison of the rail project leading into Niger and this bridge completely situated in Nigeria is wrong.
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by sirp9898(m): 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
[quote author=triple996 post=110294456]Naso
Now let's sit back, relax and watch as kpurumiri people will invade this thread and start making noise on how the project is poor and cheap. Bitterness and hate dominates their lives.
Say no to cannibalism and kpurumiri cheesy[/quote
I c you are mad with Igbo's
Sorry]
Re: Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) by Dawn91(m): 9:15am On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=shopwiser post=111050983]

You are crying so hard ain't cha? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Social Media Will Vote In 2023 – Obi’s Running Mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed (Video) / Profile Of Sheriff Oborevwori, Delta Governor-Elect / Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.