Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? (16000 Views)

Piggybank Or Cowrywise / Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Dotez: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
obembet:
Good morning Nairalanders,

I work in a very reputable company and my salary is good at my age, I spent money alot on unnecessary things. A friend of mine always advice me to save because things might not be keep rossy like this in future which I don't pray for . So I think it's best for me to have a reserve because of raining days.

I always wish to have discipline account Which I will find it difficult to touch no matter the challenges, but all my calculations is not working, am not lucky when it come to all this akawo or Ajo ( daily contribution or cooperative savings), most of them always get issues when it come to my turn to collect. .

I don't know if it's village people or luck. This has make me lose money in all this Ponzi scheme, MBA etc.

There some insurance agent that do come to my office and introduce thier savings scheme which I love thier benefits ( Tax rebate and life cover. I will not die now in Jesus name) but what people say about getting money when it come to maturity do scared me. A friend of mine lose over 6M in cash craft ( they are not insurance ).

I have several bank account, I know savings in bank is good but I can always terminate my contract whenever I need money they because they don't have charges.

So all this has been given me serious issue and I want to start saving this year.

Can I pick savings plan with insurance or I should just go to the bank?

Piggyvest for me,with their safelock option and nice interest on savings, you're pretty much good to go

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by grandpoh(m): 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
Insurance is better brother, the way government policy is affecting those fintech no be for here oo.
Who would’ve thought Crowdyvest would be having issues,over 9m with them now with no specific date as to when they’ll pay back the fixed amount talk more of interest�‍♂️
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Iseoluwani: 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
Samuelnze:

smart you...transportation biz make sense die..
its returns dey give joy overflow

But if pesin dey do transport. Pesin must have shuku for head lol. My eyes don see sege

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by olola4(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
Very funny how everyone is shouting Piggyvest...the last thing I will do is to trust my money in care of a fintech company in this Naija. The bitter truth is that the best place to save in this Nigeria with "REST" of mind is in a reputable bank!

Anything fintech or other platform, you are ON YOUR OWN because this NIGERIA!

7 Likes

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Lisaint(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
sweet16s:
PiggyVest
i once download the piggy vest app!

After setting the app and linking my bank app for the daily deduction

They fail to remove money from my bank app

I set it to #500 daily and despite connecting the bank to the piggyvest app

Nothing happened

Nah vex I later take delete the app
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by fennels007(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
Guy have a look at cowrywise in my signature. You good option there.
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by obembet(f): 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
viceddy95:
Piggybank is better ,me personally have been able to save 300kplus from the second week of Jan till yesterday..

Come and borrow me now
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by duality(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
Effulgent:
Save in Dollars jeje

Get a Crypto account, or if you don't want something entirely online

get a physical wallet....

make your money no loose value

What's the difference in saving in domiciliary account.
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by duality(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
olola4:
Very funny how everyone is shouting Piggyvest...the last thing I will do is to trust my money in care of a fintech company in this Naija. The bitter truth is that the best place to save in this Nigeria with "REST" of mind is in a reputable bank!

Anything fintech or other platform, you are ON YOUR OWN because this NIGERIA!

Someone said Roqqu
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by viceddy95(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
obembet:

Come and borrow me now
Ok,what are you dropping as collateral cheesy
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by KOPArespect: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
sweet16s:
PiggyVest
this is your best option. i am a living testimony
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Samuelnze(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
Iseoluwani:

But if pesin dey do transport. Pesin must have shuku for head lol. My eyes don see sege

yea...thats a must nah,that person's brain cells must be loaded with wisdom..
wisdom houses managerial skills,patience,taking profitable risks etc..
gambling must be far away from that person,,one of my guy in this business,he makes it big oh,but playing lotto dey chop em money like mad..
also surround yourself with reasonable friends,,thats what dealt with my new friend,.
but i have resetted his gambling sense
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by RussellRutherfo: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
nickvanilla:
You can do both. It's good to diversify risk in the course of Investing. Let's say you have 1.5 million. You can put 750k in Piggyvest and the other 750k in investment funds such as ARM Money Market funds. Piggyvest gives about 10% interest while ARM gives 8% or thereabout. So in a year you can earn around 130k on that money. The return is not much but it's better than putting everything in a Nigerian Bank.

Piggyvest has been operating since 2016 and they haven't given anyone heartaches. ARM is a reputable investment company in Nigeria. As you financial knowledge grows you can put some of your funds in the Nigerian Stock Market. Investment is good but one must do due dilligence before going into anyone. Best of luck!

Don't forget Carbon too.

2 Likes

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Iseoluwani: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
Samuelnze:

yea...thats a must nah,that person's brain cells must be loaded with wisdom..
wisdom houses managerial skills,patience,taking profitable risks etc..
gambling must be far away from that person,,one of my guy in this business,he makes it big oh,but playing lotto dey chop em money like mad..
also surround yourself with reasonable friends,,thats what dealt with my new friend,.
but i have resetted his gambling sense
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by rocknation62(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
lasisi69:
Bet9ja is better... Play 2odd

Lols

Abeg give me game if you get,na God I take beg you

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Agboconsult1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
ibechris:
Instead of insurance put your money where your mouth is e.g save it in mutual account.

There and there,u will have peace of mind.
Their rate is currently at 8.33.

U can try ARM invest. Is a subsidiary of ARM pension.

Below is my account with them as at today.

i just did a little search on them. can u help give a detail on how u started?

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Peace2love: 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
obembet:
Good morning Nairalanders,

I work in a very reputable company and my salary is good at my age, I spent money alot on unnecessary things. A friend of mine always advice me to save because things might not be keep rossy like this in future which I don't pray for . So I think it's best for me to have a reserve because of raining days.

I always wish to have discipline account Which I will find it difficult to touch no matter the challenges, but all my calculations is not working, am not lucky when it come to all this akawo or Ajo ( daily contribution or cooperative savings), most of them always get issues when it come to my turn to collect. .

I don't know if it's village people or luck. This has make me lose money in all this Ponzi scheme, MBA etc.

There some insurance agent that do come to my office and introduce thier savings scheme which I love thier benefits ( Tax rebate and life cover. I will not die now in Jesus name) but what people say about getting money when it come to maturity do scared me. A friend of mine lose over 6M in cash craft ( they are not insurance ).

I have several bank account, I know savings in bank is good but I can always terminate my contract whenever I need money they because they don't have charges.

So all this has been given me serious issue and I want to start saving this year.

Can I pick savings plan with insurance or I should just go to the bank?

Insurance saving is the best anytime, any day. Am currently enjoying one.

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by NaijaCuzin: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
viceddy95:

Ok,what are you dropping as collateral cheesy
help me with 2k boss sad
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by LIONSABRE(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
Go for piggy bank and thank me later,don't forget to invest though.

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Jomijakyy(m): 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
Download Opay app
Create your account
Fund your wallet
Invest in Opay Oweath and earn interest daily

2 Likes

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Soffyh(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
ladycrane:
I will advise PiggyVest. I personally use it to save money. However if you want to increase your money over time, I use an app called Bamboo to buy foreign stocks. I started with $50 dollars last year and now my portfolio is work $120, small but it's a good start. I can teach you. Just WhatsApp my business line - 09058452535
so many bad comments on bamboo on playstore
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by poweredcom(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
Goattybank
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by FaithBrain1994(m): 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
Invest in this invest in that. Muna sha use una head o make e no turn stories las las. I don cap my own finish

1 Like

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by ibechris(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
MartinsD12:

8.3 per annum is too poor when branch is given 20% per annum , inflation in Nigeria is presently 15 to 16% any investment giving you below inflation rate is a devaluation of your money

See,don't go and lose your money just because they give u 20%. Even if Branch decides to give me 30%, I will not give out my money and I will not advice you either.

My reason is because,I always put my money where I have control over and hence my decision to always insist on preservation of capital which is the primary fulcrum of any investment.

Continuing, I am not against your kind of investment because risk appetite differs and I will not base my risk measurements on the current inflation trends thereby losing my capital. Yes,we are all experiencing one form of inflation to another,but won't just close our eyes for the want of more over standard.

Dig more and learn about investment risks.

2 Likes

Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Flamzey00(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
Juanmike:
What of piggyvest.
Piggyvest is very secured#NoCap...
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Michcole: 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2022
ladycrane:
I will advise PiggyVest. I personally use it to save money. However if you want to increase your money over time, I use an app called Bamboo to buy foreign stocks. I started with $50 dollars last year and now my portfolio is work $120, small but it's a good start. I can teach you. Just WhatsApp my business line - 09058452535

Can bamboo crash
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by smogia1994(m): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
WHY NOT TRY LEADWAY ASSURANCE COMPANY THEY HAVE BEEN SINCE 19'S VERY RELIABLE AND TO BR HONEST THEY RE THE BEST
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
showafrica:

Buy USDT and have peace of mind
How can I buy usdt
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
Effulgent:
Save in Dollars jeje

Get a Crypto account, or if you don't want something entirely online

get a physical wallet....

make your money no loose value
What is that physical wallet
Re: Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? by wink2015(m): 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
Archived for future studies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Calls Out Distributor Who Disappeared After Owing Him N700K / Yuletide: Prices Of Goods To Rise As CBN Adjusts Exchange Rate To N951/$1 / I Want To Start Selling Snacks In A School. Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.