Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) (30677 Views)

How To Prepare Chicken Piccata | Chicken Piccata Sauce |ingredients / Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken / How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:07am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:
More pictures

SOURCE: My Food Blog
I really love your tip about blending onions et al and adding it to boil the chicken. I never thought of that before. I chop but now I will go this route.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by YellowMayor(m): 7:12am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:
Poco’s Chicken Curry Sauce - Easy, Healthy and Tasty

On today’s edition of trying to hook Nairaland abroad husband, I will be sharing my chicken curry sauce recipe. kiss kiss

Easy, healthy and tasty.

The thing self no attractive angry
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Bigchristo: 7:14am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Taste. It adds a twist. I use it for my spag too.
You got it, be like some Nairalanders can cook very well
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:17am On Feb 18, 2022
Every lady forming they can cook until you ask them to prepare chicken curry sauce grin

R O DARLING
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by DAFEEDI(m): 7:20am On Feb 18, 2022
But sorry ooh, I've lived in Philippines for 4 years and have eaten curry prepared by both Filipinos and indians, they don't add soy sauce in it. I've even prepared it myself. No soy sauce is added to curry.
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Oduduwa707: 7:35am On Feb 18, 2022
Rubbish! angry
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by NOwazobia: 7:43am On Feb 18, 2022
See ingredients, our parents in the village/in those days never made use of this much ingredients, still average life span then was better than now. undecided
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Opeyemic01: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2022
Tallesty1:
If I talk my mind now somebody go vex say I call am ritualist.

See enjoyment when some of us dey queue dey wait for Mama Nkechi beans to soft.

Live chicken kor, sleeping pigeon ni. angry

grin grin grin
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by bullabong(m): 7:51am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:
Poco’s Chicken Curry Sauce - Easy, Healthy and Tasty

On today’s edition of trying to hook Nairaland abroad husband, I will be sharing my chicken curry sauce recipe. kiss kiss

Easy, healthy and tasty.

watching.... Learning.....
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by The5DME(m): 7:55am On Feb 18, 2022
Ishilove:
Oh Ishi, you see your life?? You don go school go school, read book read book, you have now lost every flair for cooking. Na only basic Egusi, stew and okro you sabi.

Mscheeew
shut up jare.
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by TheiaTalks: 7:59am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:
NOW TO THE COOKING

I'm suddenly hungry cry
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Amojii:
Big man food...

I love my Amala and Ewedu in peace.

My friend sharrap there... Being unfamiliar with the dish doesn't make it 'big man's food'.

If you calculate it, it might even cost less to make chicken curry than that amala and ewedu stuff.

The only extra thing you'll need is curry powder. The rest is in your kitchen already.

You can also make curry goat, curry beef etc.
smiley

Jamaicans love their curry goat. Very popular dish there.

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:10am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:
More pictures

If you don't mind me asking, what will this be eaten with? For example, using this to eat rice, won't it make the rice watery?? Also, the curry stuff, does it have later effects, like one starts smelling and having curry mouth odour later (Thanks for the correction on the odour part, that curry doesn't leave "odour"wink
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

If you don't mind me asking, what will this be eaten with? For example, using this to eat rice, won't it make the rice watery?? Also, the curry stuff, does it have later effects, like one starts smelling and having curry mouth odour later

Just make sure you fry the curry before boiling so it doesn't turn your belly. There's nothing like 'curry mouth odour' if you don't use garlic, or use it sparingly.
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:15am On Feb 18, 2022
I love you pocohantas
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2022
DAFEEDI:
But sorry ooh, I've lived in Philippines for 4 years and have eaten curry prepared by both Filipinos and indians, they don't add soy sauce in it. I've even prepared it myself. No soy sauce is added to curry.

Continue cooking your way and Philippines way, it is really that simple.

Yampotatocarrot:

If you don't mind me asking, what will this be eaten with? For example, using this to eat rice, won't it make the rice watery?? Also, the curry stuff, does it have later effects, like one starts smelling and having curry mouth odour later

Nothing like this exist. It is only garlic I know smells, but I don’t think Nigerians use such large quantity that can induce a smell. It doesn’t make the rice watery either. It is thicker than pepper soup Nigerians use to eat rice. So?

Bigchristo:
You got it, be like some Nairalanders can cook very well

Lol. One is even saying they don’t use it in Philippines. Soy sauce takes stir fry to the next level.

YellowMayor:

The thing self no attractive angry

Truly it isn’t very attractive. I have seen uglier ones sef. cheesy cheesy

vivaciousvivi:

I really love your tip about blending onions et al and adding it to boil the chicken. I never thought of that before. I chop but now I will go this route. Thanks!

You are most welcome Viva.

MarketDispatch:

What if frozen?Like the frozen ones we buy in Tesco and other places, Marks & Spencers , etc

Sure you can use frozen too. You can even use beef or goat meat.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2022
NoToPile:
Pocohantas how much did you the get the dark and light soy sauce? Been wanting to try this chicken curry stuff an alternative e for white rice

Looks nice.

Ermmm. I really can’t remember, but I am sure it isn’t more than N1200 each. You can use the soy sauce for your pasta and noodles too. Preferably when you stir-fry. There is also oyster sauce and chilli sauce, all good for pasta.

cho25bc:

What if one doesnt have a mortar? What can one use in its place?

A blender, grinding stone or nothing. You can just stick to grounded spices. Mortar is a kitchen essential, even foreigners have what they call “spice mortar”. smiley

AngelicBeing:
Hian, trying to hook Nairaland.com abroad husband, like seriously, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com, una go kill person with laugh for nairaland.com, how can cooking be used to hook up with an abroad based person, Hian shocked

@topic, nice tantalizing cuisine wink

I wouldn’t read the last on how I am forming wife material and cooking to get abroad husband. So I am back again to get another one. Thanks AngelicB. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Ishilove: 8:39am On Feb 18, 2022
Great0ne1:

And ofe mkpuru akwu
And yes, that as well, all though we call it ofe mkpulekwu smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2022
Teaser4:
Poco shey you go be my valentine….

I just sold 20kg Cocaine
We all know what ur looking for grin

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Jat33: 8:47am On Feb 18, 2022
Wow... I love this sad
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by supereagle(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:
More pictures

I have visited your blog. More to learn there as well.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2022
supereagle:

I have visited your blog.

Thank you Sir. I appreciate it. smiley
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by jaxxy(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2022
I like good healthy food. Nice cooking
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:10am On Feb 18, 2022
Wow very lovely and yummy

This brought back memories of my career as an oriental chef.
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by ImaIma1(f): 9:13am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Taste. It adds a twist. I use it for my spag too.

My hubby can't do without light and dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. It really adds a twist to the flavour.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by kiddkash(m): 9:18am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Pic 3: What do I do with this chicken feet? The seller said I should eat it. She literally forced me to go with the legs, head and throat. cry cry
ana m abia ifu ndi umunna gi
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2022
ImaIma1:

My hubby can't do without light and dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. It really adds a twist to the flavour.

Thanks Ima!!!! A lot of people do not know this! The first time I was introduced to it on the food thread, I ewwwww’d. Fast forward to now, I can’t do without them.

They keep trying to replicate fast foods pasta and they don’t get it, because it is in the stir frying and sauces. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Bigchristo: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Continue cooking your way and Philippines way, it is really that simple.

Nothing like this exist. It is only garlic I know smells, but I don’t think Nigerians use such large quantity that can induce a smell. It doesn’t make the rice watery either. It is thicker than pepper soup Nigerians use to eat rice. So?

Lol. One is even saying they don’t use it in Philippines. Soy sauce takes stir fry to the next level.

Truly it isn’t very attractive. I have seen uglier ones sef. cheesy cheesy

You are most welcome Viva.

Sure you can use frozen too. You can even use beef or goat meat.
I have this stuff here in my kitchen I saw it with my wife I asked she explained exactly what someone explains here in Nairaland, these black soy sauce is in every store in Nigeria it’s only those who don’t know the usefulness of it in cooking will kick against it, the bottle or plastic doesn’t really need to look good so far the taste represents what it’s made for.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2022
Bigchristo:
I have this stuff here in my kitchen I saw it with my wife I asked she explained exactly what someone explains here in Nairaland, these black soy sauce is in every store in Nigeria it’s only those who don’t know the usefulness of it in cooking will kick against it, the bottle or plastic doesn’t really need to look good so far the taste represents what it’s made for.
Yea sauce in a dark bottle
These sauces are used to prepare most Asian esp Chinese, Thai dishes
Oga u are enjoying o...she is making expensive Asian dishes for u

Try reciprocate grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2022
Rossikk:

Just make sure you fry the curry before boiling so it doesn't turn your belly. There's nothing like 'curry mouth odour' if you don't use garlic, or use it sparingly.

Thanks, @ both you and OP. Don't use it so I don't know, but now I do.

I'll definitely try this out. I thought the curry is always in powdered form, what do you mean by frying it?
Re: How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) by phemmyfour: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2022
Poco on the beat....she was born to cook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video) / Ogbono Soup, With Fufu Or Eba? / Maggot Found Inside A 'Pure Water' In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.