Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken (21139 Views)

My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / How To Prepare Coconut Bread (with Pictures) / How To Cook Tasty Chicken Curry Sauce For White Rice (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by vinegurl(f): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Watch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqzLkz8Wo7w

Coconut curry sauce is the easiest and tastiest Thai sauces that anyone would want to enjoy with white rice, this sauce is versatile and yet doesn’t require so much spices. The three main ingredients here used here are coconut milk, chicken and curry; other ones are additional and can be adjusted to your taste.

The uniqueness of this coconut sauce comes from the coconut milk which is a bonus to the sauce. One good thing about this sauce is that oil is not added to it and there is no thickener used, the coconut milk tends to thicken the sauce and at the same time releases its own natural oil plus the one from the chicken as it cooks which makes it healthy for you.

If your you are looking for something very special to serve at your family party or dinner, have got you covered. See the simple steps below and the YouTube video above on how to prepare coconut curry sauce, it is awesomely delicious and you need to try it out.

Ingredients for coconut curry sauce

• 1 kg chicken breast, cut into medium sizes
• 2 large matured coconuts, extract the milk out
• 2 tablespoons curry powder
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon thyme
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 4 medium carrots, chopped
• 3 small green bell peppers, chopped
• 4 medium red chilli peppers, chopped
• 1 cup green peas
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• ½ teaspoon of garlic paste
• 3-4 chicken stock cubes
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to Make Coconut Curry Sauce

1. Season chicken with 2 stock cubes, onion, ginger, thyme, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, curry and salt
2. Stir the meat and leave to seat for an hour to enable the ingredients sip into the meat properly.
3. Now, place the chicken on a burner and cook without adding water for 10 minutes
4. Add 1 cup of water to it, stir and bring to a boil, cook the chicken until you are left with a little stock.
5. While the chicken is cooking, rinse and dress, red chillies, green peppers, carrots, peas and onions and set all aside.
6. Extract coconut milk and set aside too, if you are using canned coconut milk no need for this step.
7. Place another pot on the burner without adding oil, add garlic paste, chopped onion and stir on medium heat.
8. Add the remaining vegetables to it and stir as well, you will need to re-season the vegetable with stock cube, thyme and 2 tablespoons of
curry powder so that it brings out the taste and the colour.
9. Bring the chicken stock you got while cooking the meat and add to it just a little, this shouldn’t be up to a cup.
10. Bring the boiled chicken and add to it as well, then stir. Add the coconut milk you extracted earlier and stir the sauce to incorporate.
11. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes and adjust other ingredients if needed. Coconut curry sauce is ready once you notice a creamy texture and
oil at the top.
12. I love to pair this coconut curry sauce with boiled rice, how about you?

Good morning! Food is ready for all of US

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by vinegurl(f): 8:15am On Oct 09, 2018
Here is another pics

3 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by frugal(m): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2018
I've been secretly trying out most of your recipes grin. I'm a sucker for good food.
How do you extract the milk from the coconuts?

16 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by EazyMoh(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2018
Sounds delicious. kiss
But looks otherwise [center][/center] cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by abmethod: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2018
Today is my birthday guys show me some

33 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by fruqy(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2018
Wow. This is some good food.
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2018
grin..... Abeg inbox me small ! Idey wait you sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by egorov(m): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2018
Why are people wicked like this

4 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Zi: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2018
OP why nah embarassed
Me that is religiously keeping to my diet embarassed

Lawd you know I'm trying o
But lemme go and price coconut first grin

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Try this if you need purge melicine grin

na yoke I dey yoke oh.

but mods wiked sha, for this kain hot afternoon, see wetin dem dey post and man dey inside deep bush.

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by famiebee(f): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2018
abmethod:
Happy birthday to you
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2018
Vinegurl

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by KosyJerry(m): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2018
frugal:
I've been secretly trying out most of your recipes grin. I'm a sucker for good food.

You can get the coconut powder instead...

1 Like

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2018
Indians would love this. Anything curry tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by KosyJerry(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2018
abmethod:

Happy Birthday with love..
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by maxiuc(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2018
cheesy

The day I ate this with white rice Choi that day I forgot about stew oooo
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by 9japarrot: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2018
Where do they sell chicken breast please grin

I really need to try this out soonest..

1 Like

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Sapphire86(f): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2018
Writing attendance - PRESENT ma

Trying it out soon

@vinegurl is buying coconut milk in cans good for this receipe?

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by sacajawea: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2018
Fukafuka:
For what?

1 Like

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by dominique(f): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2018
Bookmarked for future reference
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Diso60090(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2018
abmethod:

Na everyday be your buffday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by IDFWU(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2018
A little corn starch should be added to thicken it a bit. That will aid to attain the sauce texture or its gonna be watery, more like coconut curry soup with chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by spacks(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Food is life tongue .. Disclaimer: the picks is not mine.. Gotten from my lovely food section cool

1 Like

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by newdawn2017(f): 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Indians would love this. Anything curry tongue
&I ve an Indian bf. grin

1 Like

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Phranex(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

this temptation is tooo much.....

vinegurl ... grin grin

do u have a restuarant?

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by holluwai(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
O yummy

But will you try this kpomo burger?

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by Omololu001: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
holluwai:
O yummy

undecided
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by akinszz: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
holluwai:
O yummy

all I see is bread n kpomo alata grin grin
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by vinegurl(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
frugal:

Thanks dear for always stopping by, it is very easy though, you just need to break the coconut into tiny pieces, then add water to the blender and pulse, but in the absent of blender, you can make use of grater. Just rinse and grate the coconut after you have broken it out of the hard shell. I have a short video here on how to extract coconut milk you should check it out-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtfVXuNv6k
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by vinegurl(f): 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
fruqy:
Wow. This is some good food.
thanks dearie
Re: Coconut Sauce Recipe: How To Prepare Coconut Curry Sauce With Chicken by vinegurl(f): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
Fukafuka:
really?, give me time pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / How To Make Healthy Vegetables Egg Sauce With Unripe Plantains (Photos, Video) / When Was The Last Time You Had A Good Balance Diet Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.