Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 (2612 Views)

The Bible Is "Fallible" their are truth, errors, contradiction and allegories / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Video - Who Inherits The Earth? - Contradiction in JW Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by cornelboy(f): 9:05am On Feb 18, 2022
Can One Be A Believer in God And Oppose Muhammad At The Same Time?

The Quran makes the following claim:

Thou wilt not find any people who believe in God and the Last Day, loving those who resist God and His Apostle, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred
. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). God will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of God. Truly it is the Party of God that will achieve Felicity. Sura 58:22 Yusuf Ali

You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people). … Al-Hilali & Khan

Note that this first sentence in this verse is not a command but it is formulated as a statement of fact. A command is not invalidated by the existence of some or even many people who disobey it. But a general claim stating something as a certain fact can easily be proven wrong by providing counterexamples.

The first statement in the above quoted verse is wrong for several reasons.

I find it hard to imagine that there do not exist converts to Islam (whether former Christians, agnostics, atheists, pagans, or else), i.e. people who now sincerely believe in Allah and the Last Day but who still love their fathers or sons and brothers despite their disbelief in Islam and rejection of Muhammad as a messenger from God. Taken as a statement of fact about all Muslims this claim in Sura 58:22 was certainly as wrong in Muhammad’s time as it is wrong today. As fierce and harsh as some Muslims can be, most Muslims are quite normal people, and the above statement cannot possibly be true of all Muslims in the way it is stated.

Anyone who knows the Christian faith knows that Christians believe in God and in the Last Day.

Moreover, there are plenty of Christians (i.e. people who believe in God and the Last Day) who love other Christians who also resist and oppose Islam. To be specific: My father is a devout Christian who loves me, and I obviously resist and oppose Muhammad and his message. And there are plenty of other Christians around me, who love me and have made friendship with me. Thus, Sura 58:22 is objectively wrong.

This is the factual error in this verse.

However, this statement is not only factually wrong, it also creates a logical contradiction in the Quran because the Quran itself states explicitly that Christians are among those who believe in God and in the Last Day:

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. S. 2:62

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. S. 5:69

And the Quran is adamant in its claim that Christians and Muslims believe in the same one God:

And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender. S. 29:46

Without question, according to the Quran, Christians belong to the "people who believe in God and the Last Day", thus they are part of the people referred to in Sura 58:22, with all the detrimental consequences outlined above.

Christians are commanded to love each other (John 13:34-35) and even their enemies (Matthew 5:44). Though some may fail to fully obey this command, there are plenty of Christians who strive to live according to these commands.

Therefore, Christians love other Christians, and those Christians who know the Bible and see how Islam contradicts the Bible will also resist and reject Muhammad as being a man who falsely claimed to be a messenger from God. Thus, there are plenty of believers in God and the Last Day who love others who resist Islam.

In fact, even the Quran itself states that Christians love/are friends with other Christians or Jews (who both reject Muhammad):

O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. S. 5:51 Pickthall

To summarize, Sura 58:22, contains not only an objective error, but is also in contradiction to other statements in the Quran:

¶Jews and Christians believe in God and the Last Day (S. 2:62, 5:69, 29:46).

¶Jews and Christians reject Muhammad as a messenger from God.

¶Jews and Christians are friends to each other (S. 5:51)

Yet, the Quran claims also:

You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger … (S. 58:22)
The contradiction is blatantly obvious.

Sura 58:22 features also in another set of contradictory passages in the Quran that I'll discuss later.

One would think, is the Koran a perfect book from God or it's just brainwork of Mohammed

Do Muslims worship the same God as the Jews and christians

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by OBALOLA55(m): 9:31am On Feb 18, 2022
SENSELESS CHRISTIANS

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE IN GOD AND REJECT HIS MESSENGERS

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE IN CHRIST AND REJECT MOSES

PROPHETS OF GOD ARE HIGHER IN RANK THAN THE ANGELS

ALL PROPHETS OF GOD CAME WITH THE SAME MESSAGE, ONENESS OF GOD

MAKE UNA GET SENSE ABEG
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by cornelboy(f): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2022
Did you even read my post at all. Or you just deliberately avoided my points?

Are you sure Islam is a religion of peace after all?
"By their fruit you will know them".

Will believing a God you obviously don't know as one save you?
Even Mohamed wasn't sure what Allah will do to him cheesy

OBALOLA55:
SENSELESS CHRISTIANS

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE IN GOD AND REJECT HIS MESSENGERS

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE IN CHRIST AND REJECT MOSES

PROPHETS OF GOD ARE HIGHER IN RANK THAN THE ANGELS

ALL PROPHETS OF GOD CAME WITH THE SAME MESSAGE, ONENESS OF GOD

MAKE UNA GET SENSE ABEG

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2022
Check out Bible errors too..
https://www.nairaland.com/30930/101-clear-contradictions-bible
All these Christian god worshippers have forgotten they got it from Judaism which worships the Judaist god.
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2022
cornelboy:
Did you even read my post at all. Or you just deliberately avoided my points?

Are you sure Islam is a religion of peace after all?
"By their fruit you will know them".

Will believing a God you obviously don't know as one save you?
Even Mohamed wasn't sure what Allah will do to him cheesy

In the Bible, god said he is vengeful and full of wrath, is that the trait of peace?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:27am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

In the Bible, god said he is vengeful and full of wrath, is that the trait of peace?

When a spirit says He is vengeful and full of wrath against those ruining our planet home, how does that sound to you?
For your information He is not siding anyone on that even the Israelites got a taste of his vengeance and wrath anytime they go against His orders so that has nothing to do with His plans to restore peace.
Learn that there can never be peace without justice first~ Peter Toch

So God's vengeance is against those ruining the earth Sir! Revelations 11:18 wink
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When a spirit says He is vengeful and full of wrath against those ruining our planet home, how does that sound to you?
For your information He is not siding anyone on that even the Israelites got a taste of his vengeance and wrath anytime they go against His orders so that has nothing to do with His plans to restore peace.

So God's vengeance is against those ruining the earth Sir! Revelations 11:18 wink

Is vengeance and wrath a peaceful trait? Is a just man a good man? Can a good man cause harm under any circumstances?

Your religion is not all peaceful just like Islam too, your god can use evil to punish evil people cheesy
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:43am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What do proverb 16:4 say?
Will your god punish the wicked man for carrying out the purpose your “loving” god created it for? Should the wicked man ask for forgiveness? Also can a good god create a wicked man? Can a good god have wicked purposes?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

Is vengeance and wrath a peaceful trait? Is a just man a good man? Can a good man cause harm under any circumstances?
Your religion is not all peaceful just like Islam too, your god can use evil to punish evil people cheesy

YES! He will surely use evil to punish evil people but intelligently He will not cause a confusion while doing so that's why He warned us to stay clear out of His judgment so that He does the judging all by Himself.
So while He is coming to destroy people like you we are to continue living peacefully with you so that your blood should not be spilled through our hands!
Do you now see the sense behind His plans?

He will send His angels to come and destroy you while we will hold our peace! Exodus 14:14 wink

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:46am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES! He will surely use evil to punish evil people but intelligently He will not cause a confusion while doing so that's why He warned us to stay clear out of His judgment so that He does the judging all by Himself.
So while He is coming to destroy people like you we are to continue living peacefully with you so that your blood should not be spilled through our hands!
Do you now see the sense behind His plans?

He will send His angels to come and destroy you while we will hold our peace! Exodus 14:14 wink

All you said now, is that the qualities of love? Merciful? Peace?
Your good god can use EVIL too? grin
I ask again can a good man cause harm?
it isn’t the function of a just person to harm a friend or anyone else, but that of his opposite, an unjust person.
Is justice not a virtue? Is evil a virtue?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

What do proverb 16:4 say?
Will your god punish the wicked man for carrying out the purpose your “loving” god created it for? Should the wicked man ask for forgiveness? Also can a good god create a wicked man? Can a good god have wicked purposes?

"The LORD works out everything to its proper end — even the wicked for a day of disaster" Proverbs 16:4

Ask for the meaning of whatever you read in our book (Bible) your atheistic mindset won't help you here!
God didn't create any human to be evil Sir, according to His word everything He created in the beginning was GOOD! Genesis 1:31

What you're reading simply means He will allow the wicked man to pile up his evil deeds so that God's Holy name may be justified when He comes to destroy the wicked.

But if a wicked man turn away from his evil deeds our God is ready to forgive in a large way! Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18

So ask questions and LEARN! smiley

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:54am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"The LORD works out everything to its proper end — even the wicked for a day of disaster" Proverbs 16:4

Ask for the meaning of whatever you read in our book (Bible) your atheistic mindset won't help you here!
God didn't create any human to be evil Sir, according to His word everything He created in the beginning was GOOD! Genesis 1:31

What you're reading simply means He will allow the wicked man to pile up his evil deeds so that God's Holy name may be justified when He comes to destroy the wicked.

But if a wicked man turn away from his evil deeds our God is ready to forgive in a large way! [/b]Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18[b]

So ask questions and LEARN! smiley

Can a good man do evil?
What did god mean that he created all things for a purpose including a wicked man? What did he mean? Who created the wicked man? You are not been sincere because you have been brainwashed. What does isiah 45:7 mean?
How do you know something is good if you have never seen it in a bad way?
Are you quoting Torah now? cheesy
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

All you said now, is that the qualities of love? Merciful? Peace?
Your good god can use EVIL too? grin
I ask again can a good man cause harm?
it isn’t the function of a just person to harm a friend or anyone else, but that of his opposite, an unjust person.
Is justice not a virtue? Is evil a virtue?

YES! He is ready to pay evil for evil in the case of UNREPENTANT evildoers.
He is the landlord of this planet so He will not tolerate wickedness forever, and mind you He didn't create us to be robotic it's each person that's choosing what they want to become! wink
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 7:59am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES! He is ready to pay evil for evil in the case of UNREPENTANT evildoers.
He is the landlord of this planet so He will not tolerate wickedness forever, and mind you He didn't create us to be robotic it's each person that's choosing what they want to become! wink

Your god is EVIL then.. a good man will never harm.. is evil a good thing?
Who created the wicked man In proverb 16:7? Is
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

Can a good man do evil?
What did god mean that he created all things for a purpose including a wicked man? What did he mean? Who created the wicked man? You are not been sincere because you have been brainwashed. What does isiah 45:7 mean?
How do you know something is good if you have never seen it in a bad way?
Are you quoting Torah now? cheesy

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning —the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

What he created was the time for you to develop whatever you will choose to become either good or evil with your God's given freewill.

YES i'm quoting the same books where you're getting it all wrong, because if i quote where it is fully explained in the Christian Greek Scriptures you call Old Testament you won't see reasons. So i'm quoting the same books to show you how you're missing out the motive behind God's word! wink

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:05am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning —the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

What he created was the time for you to develop whatever you will choose to become either good or evil with your God's given freewill.

YES i'm quoting the same books where you're getting it all wrong, because if i quote where it is fully explained in the Christian Greek Scriptures you call Old Testament you won't see reasons. So i'm quoting the same books to show you how you're missing out the motive behind God's word! wink

What does isiah 45:7 mean?
How do you know something is good if you have not seen it in a bad way before? How were you able to differentiate it?
Who created “evil”? Since your god did not create it .
The vengeful and wrath of your god are they good traits?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

Your god is EVIL then.. a good man will never harm.. is evil a good thing?
Who created the wicked man In proverb 16:7? Is

If the evil people can gather themselves and live our planet home He will not destroy them but since He wants us to enjoy lasting peace then there's no other way than to get rid of you people! wink

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:06am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Christian Greek scriptures is not Old Testament, Greek is Athens, it was written in Hebrew by Jews. grin
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:07am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If the evil people can gather themselves and live our planet home He will not destroy them but since He wants us to enjoy lasting peace then there's no other way than to get rid of you people! wink

So your god use evil (injustice) to harm evil people.. that’s not a good god.a good god won’t do injustice..
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

What does isiah 45:7 mean?
How do you know something is good if you have not seen it in a bad way before? How were you able to differentiate it?
Who created “evil”? Since your god did not create it .
The vengeful and wrath of your god are they good traits?

Keep asking and you will learn! Matthew 7:7-8

According to Genesis 1:31 it's clear that God created everything and it was GOOD so what you're quoting simply means He will allow you to choose whatever you want to become.
While you are seeing others taking up virtuous lifestyles if you choose to be evil it's not His fault so He will have to return you to where you will be of good use to the living (dust) and you will become manure for us to plant food! Psalms 83:10 smiley

1 Like

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep asking and you will learn! Matthew 7:7-8

According to Genesis 1:31 it's clear that God created everything and it was GOOD so what you're quoting simply means He will allow you to choose whatever you want to become.
While you are seeing others taking up virtuous lifestyles if you choose to be evil it's not His fault so He will have to return you to where you will be of good use to the living (dust) and you will become manure for us to plant food! Psalms 83:10 smiley

So you can see that your Bible is contradicting. Is Isaiah 45:7 not in the Bible ooh the Torah.
How do you know something is good if you have not seen it in a bad way?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

Christian Greek scriptures is not Old Testament, Greek is Athens, it was written in Hebrew by Jews. grin
There you go again saying what you don't know! grin
The Christians though they are Jews wrote all their own books in the popular language that's widely spoken in the first century (Greek) wink
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:14am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

There you go again saying what you don't know! grin
The Christians though they are Jews wrote all their own books in the popular language that's widely spoken in the first century (Greek) wink

Greek is from Athens in Greece. Jews are from isreal how do they correlate? How’s Greek been spoken in isreal? Show me proof you liar!

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

So you can see that your Bible is contradicting. Is Isaiah 45:7 not in the Bible ooh the Torah.
How do you know something is good if you have not seen it in a bad way?

Keep asking questions so you can learn! Matthew 7:7-8

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

God created water, fire and other things like gases. You can choose to use fire and water while cooking, and you can choose to burn your fellowman to death or drown him using what God created.

Nebuchadnezzar wanted to use fire to burn God's servants for refusing to worship his image but the Creator who knew all the elements that formed fire turned what He created into Air-conditioner for His own servants.

That's the import of what you're reading Sir! wink
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:20am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep asking questions so you can learn! Matthew 7:7-8

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

God created water, fire and other things like gases. You can choose to use fire and water while cooking, and you can choose to burn your fellowman to death or drown him using what God created.

Nebuchadnezzar wanted to use fire to burn God's servants for refusing to worship his image but the Creator who knew all the elements that formed fire turned what He created into Air-conditioner for His own servants.

That's the import of what you're reading Sir! wink

So god created both good and evil? Then we decide what we want to use it for?
Can a good god create evil?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

Greek is from Athens in Greece. Jews are from isreal how do they correlate? How’s Greek been spoken in isreal? Show me proof you liar!

Are you an English man?
Well i don't know of your nationality but i am a Yorùbá man and may i remind you that both of us are now chatting using a foreign language. Why? Because it's what is widely spoken today.
That's exactly what the Christians did since they're about to take Christianity to other lands they chose to write their messages in the language that majority can read! wink
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:24am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you an English man?
Well i don't know of your nationality but i am a Yorùbá man and may i remind you that both of us are now chatting using a foreign language. Why? Because it's what is widely spoken today.
That's exactly what the Christians did since they're about to take Christianity to other lands they chose to write their messages in the language that majority can read! wink

You are a shameless liar.. the Old Testament was written in pure Hebrew. And Greek was never ever wide spoken then. Show me proof na grin

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

So god created both good and evil? Then we decide what we want to use it for?
Can a good god create evil?

Heat is useful. YES or NO? cheesy
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:25am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Heat is useful. YES or NO? cheesy

Yes and no.. if you need to cool down things will you use heat? grin
God uses evil (injustice) to punish evil(injustice) how is that good or just god?
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

You are a shameless liar.. the Old Testament was written in pure Hebrew. And Greek was never ever wide spoken then. Show me proof na grin

Young man you don't have to get frustrated in this, if you want to learn ask for knowledge and wisdom.
The Old Testament was not even written in Hebrew alone Sir rather first part of it was written in Hebrew while the remaining part was written in Aramaic.
Before the Romans conquered Greece the Greecian emper ruled the world and their language is what most people spoke in the first century. Google is your friend Sir! wink
Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by Maynman: 8:29am On Mar 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Young man you don't have to get frustrated in this, if you want to learn ask for knowledge and wisdom.
The Old Testament was not even written in Hebrew alone Sir rather first part of it was written in Hebrew while the remaining part was written in Aramaic.
Before the Romans conquered Greece the Greecian emper ruled the world and their language is what most people spoke in the first century. Google is your friend Sir! wink

Show me proof, why are you lying shamelessly?

Re: Quran Error And Contradiction _part 1 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32am On Mar 12, 2022
Maynman:

Yes and no.. if you need to cool down things will you use heat? grin
God uses evil (injustice) to punish evil(injustice) how is that good or just god?

The highlighted has spoken in volumes! wink

Heat is useful and it could also be used to cause harm so God created things He could use to keep you living if you choose to be useful and at the same time created things He could use to return you back to default mode (dust) period! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2022 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State And Their Net Worth (full List) / Islamic Terrorism In Bible’s Prophecy / Witches And Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.