Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy (12861 Views)

Lawyers Lambast Judges Amid Controversy Surrounding Flying Of Jurists To London / We Must Look At Values Pantami Adds To Our Economy, Not Flaws, Lawmaker - Video / Xenophobia: "You're Coming To The Wrong Place"— SA Professor To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by musicwriter(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
If he's not a PROFESSOR he's not a professor, whether or not he call himself a professor. That's what you all should know.

The moment I listened to him at the Senate house on the day of his confirmation as minister of communication, and heard him only talk about how he got one degree and another degree and another degree plus struggling with his speech, I knew he can't even be classified as an educated person based on what white people have given us. All he has to offer are certificates and not what he've done or even what he know. That man is just a fake!!
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by ButterBurger: 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
He Sha wan have prof by force.
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by harsysky(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
I graduated from FUTO 11 years ago, and mehn, I can tell you that the school is useless just like 98% of the universities in Nigeria. A technology school where we queued to pay for forms that could be paid through bank transfer , and proof of payment sent to a designated website.

I'm sure the school couldn't produce a good programmer because they have no competent lecturers who do so. Tufiaaaaaa!

This professorship awarded to Pantami goes to show how messed up the school is.

4 Likes

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by southsouthking(m): 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
Desperado Desperation.
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
flokii:
Why did FUTO Owerri award him such title in the first place?
That's how they go about awarding just any politician with doctorate degrees and you see incompetent mofos answering "Dr", "Prof" etc.

It's safe to assume that anyone can buy doctorate degree with money in schools like FUTO which is a big slap on our educational system and a big insult to those who earned their doctorate degrees on merit.
I know someone who's in London but has bought a political Science degree in a university in Rivers State.

I won't mention the popular university.

Nigeria is a rotten country
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by ABBEYsammy01(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2022
Is the guy brilliant?
Yes, he is.
Is he better than some of these rogues parading themselves as Prof in universities?
Yes, he is.
I've listened to the guy speaking several times and I known he is intelligent and better than some of these political professors in our universities. ASUU should calm down and stop politicising everything...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by flokii: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
Viltron:

I know someone who's in London but has bought a political Science degree in a university in Rivers State.

It's either Uniport or Rivers state uni.. That's where a former president in Nigeria allegedly got his doctorate through wuru wuru and dying minute packaging.

1 Like

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Funnyandviral: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2022
festacman:
The issue is, does a university senate reserves the right to award professorship if proper recommendations are mad and minimum requirements met? Well, the case is currently in court. Let the court decide.

One fact I know is that apart from his extreme religious views, Pantami is more cerebral than some fellows who are called professors in our universities.

Yes, he is!
Exactly, some I met one verrry foolish professor recently, if they should strip him off his professorship, then 90% lecturers should go being professor also

1 Like

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by WhatCanIsay(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
festacman:
The issue is, does a university senate reserves the right to award professorship if proper recommendations are mad and minimum requirements met? Well, the case is currently in court. Let the court decide.

One fact I know is that apart from his extreme religious views, Pantami is more cerebral than some fellows who are called professors in our universities.

Yes, he is!

We have lots of people in Main Market more wise and intelligent in their own capacity than some of our professors, should we award them professorship too?

Whatever that is worth doing, is what doing well... The processes involved in making the man a professor stinks. Professorship in Nigeria universities is not an honorary award, you have to work for it in that particular institution.
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by tarantino1: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
Viltron:

Nigeria is a rotten country

This is exactly what I was talking about in the thread where a man said his fiancée's parents were not in support of their union simply because he's not a graduate and that he should go back to school. The man in question was not suffering financially and there is nothing a Nigerian university would be able to do for him.

A professor in my school, a top federal school, said they would prefer it if students don't come for their results because they would simply package it for big men to come and buy. My biggest regret was not recording that conversation.

Stupid fools came for my head in that thread when I said that Tertiary degrees in Nigeria are not valuable because if they were, no amount of money would be able to buy it.

The country is a complete dustbin and shît hole.
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by lereinter(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
There's nothing stopping in from adding the appellation to his name

Sebi musicians bear different appellation

But

The laughing thing about this brouhaha is that the university that awarded him the fraud professor is from southeast nigeria

Alas it's from the north, it would have been another angle to the topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by joyandfaith: 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
festacman:

One fact I know is that apart from his extreme religious views, [s]Pantami is more cerebral than some fellows who are called professors in our universities.[/s]

Yes, he is!
He shouid start teaching in any university to be promoted to rank of professor. Professorship is not
chieftaincy title.
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Kreme(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ipob Professor
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by damiloladuke: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lol
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Smartiyke40: 3:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
flokii:
Why did FUTO Owerri award him such title in the first place?
That's how they go about awarding just any politician with doctorate degrees and you see incompetent mofos answering "Dr", "Prof" etc.

It's safe to assume that anyone can buy doctorate degree with money in schools like FUTO which is a big slap on our educational system and a big insult to those who earned their doctorate degrees on merit.
Becos of d high level of corruption everywhere in this goddam kontry.... who knows how much he paid for that!!!
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by NoSentiment: 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
tito44:
Professor Terrorist Isa Pantami shocked

In all of ur family none has been blessed by the almighty like Prof Isa Ali Pantami. If any has so been, tell us so we can cross check!

U talk like the poor man's child that is jealous of the achievement of someone higher than him in social class. Jealousy go soon send u to ur early...
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Gubioma: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
Jacobx007:
This is Nigeria amigos, some people are ABOVE THE LAW
Dan Borno....
Nobody is above the law professor Pantami deserve this title. Ur ASUU and ur heart bitter zoogerian u ur fellow Southerner u will never reach Pantami's feet till next 600years
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Gireiboy(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
GodHatesBigots:
Fake Professor with questionable PhD qualification. Also he is a Boko Haram and Al Qaeda supporter.

This is what Nigeria has become, electing illiterates into high office.

SMH.
Really! did you just call Pantami an illiterate? or are you just catching cruise. Besides, define the word "illiterate".
Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by Cocolatti(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
Isah Bin Aliyya Bin Talibanus Al Pantamiyya Al Qaedus

1 Like

Re: Pantami Adds ‘Professor’ To His Name Amid Controversy by EagleNest(m): 9:27am On Feb 19, 2022
What a minister. Do we have standard at all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

38-year-old Man On A Queue Slumps And Dies At A Polling Unit In Bauchi / Boko-Haram Release French Family Kidnapped In Cameroun / PDP To Declare New PDP Lawmakers’ Seats Vacant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.