Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help (18907 Views)

Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group? / Stanbic IBTC Bank Private Banker Recruitment 2017 / Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by ariesbull: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:
Hii guys,it's been a while I've been searching for Job, I recently got an offer for a teller position as a contract staff @stanbic, pay is 50k, transportation monthly is 8-10k, please I need your sincere advice, is this good enough? what other benefit can I get working in this capacity if I should accept this offer in terms of monetary value and career? What will be your advise?
I have a Higher National Diploma and not a degree?
. No don't take it

Wait you will get 50m job monthly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by SarkinYarki: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
Banks paying what we pay our security people ...Thank You Lord

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by TrumpDonald2: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
sunnx:
You go smile tire to customer in other to be tip but remember when you're getting this tip, remember the day of shortage because your T.O will not send you, h/she will just debit you. Teller job favours ladies at most but guys there struggle for survival but alot of experience is there to be learn but ensure you trust non of your colleagues and never leave your system open and cubicle. Also any money vaulted out for you by your T.O verify it well before accepting and signing for it because sometimes, a huge manipulation happen inside vault especially during daily opening balance and night closing balance. Bank job sweet when you don't have issue. Less I forget, verify all check very well before paying out. Note CBN CAC do short, like I said verify cash given to you before signing for acceptance. #50k is poor but soon it will be increased. Banking job is sweet but ashawo full inside.

This is obviously from experience. Weldone smiley
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Carot: 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
Xcelinteriors:

You are very right. When i was working in GTB as bulk teller, there was a day I had shortage of 100k and it was removed from my account by my superior. Banking work is sweet but can never give you time
how long is contract work in a bank before they dismiss you
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ask yourself: would the MD of Stanbic IBTC offer his child such an amount for a job that has no future? Do not kill your future by accepting a pot of porridge.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by bluefilm: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:
Hii guys,it's been a while I've been searching for Job, I recently got an offer for a teller position as a contract staff @stanbic, pay is 50k, transportation monthly is 8-10k, please I need your sincere advice, is this good enough? what other benefit can I get working in this capacity if I should accept this offer in terms of monetary value and career? What will be your advise?

Dey dia na dey ask until the offer goes to another pesin.

Na dat time e go clear you for eye.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by showafrica(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:

Waiting u go dey chop na, probably 500 a day... If you work 3 months and you are not able to save quit. 20 pips a day can pay you that amount x 10 monthly.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by angelfallz(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
50k?!
Hmm I thought bank contract staff are paid at least 100k per month.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by cerebralniggie1: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
It is really pitiable that an HND holder is being paid 50k monthly. At the end of each financial year, these banks post huge profits. This is inhumane. There shouldn't be anything like contract staffing in the banking sector. Teller job is no beans. The things we accept in this country amaze me.
I'm not saying you shouldn't accept it but I'd rather acquire a skill(mind you this is a huge sacrifice).
Wish you the best of luck

5 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Man90(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
It's better than staying idle. I have worked with them and the truth is that you won't have any salary increment in the next 3-5 years. And you have to be mindful of shortages.

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
Too small really. Whats happening in this country sef
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by marenkurz: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
People are suffering o. God have mercy.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Wizywiz(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
asgard01:
I am earning 75k now as bank teller and its not funny the way things are going. No career path, time consuming (been 2yrs now), no increase, nothing.

but I hope they do pay you....quarterly.......leave allowance....and other side allowances...tips from customers
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Basheks(m): 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
If at the moment you don't have any means of income, rather than staying idle you can take the job. Decipline yourself in terms of savings and get some reasonable amount to start up your own business or get the job and spread your tentacles in searching for better opportunities. Make sure the dream you have you don't trow it away so soon. You will get experience but if you don't stick to your dreams you will realise that you wasted your time and effort working there. Just be positive and you will make it. It might be a key to your next door.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by hardbody: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
omoolokunEsin:
Ask yourself: would the MD of Stanbic IBTC offer his child such an amount for a job that has no future? Do not kill your future by accepting a pot of porridge.

What do you then suggest he should do, and is the guy's father the MD of Stanbic? Why give completely wrong advise while drawing wrong analogies. @ OP...if I were you, I will take up that offer and build a career . Except of course you have another job that pays better.

3 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by jiz: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Op should take it up if you have interest in banking. The pay mean nothing if you are doing job you have passion for
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Investorozay: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
men
bank jobs no be am
less than 100$ a month
cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by kwasoly(m): 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:

50k is too small others are paying 80k to 120k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by blackgold2018(m): 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
asgard01:
I am earning 75k now as bank teller and its not funny the way things are going. No career path, time consuming (been 2yrs now), no increase, nothing.

they are using you.
Or I’m sure you are not the type that look down on others(those people might even be earning more than you) just because you are on corporate job.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by membranus: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2022
Banks' managements are criminals. How can you be employing a Teller in this terrible inflationary period and be offering 50k as a salary, for a person who will be in charge of large cash intake and outgoing. And they are not ashamed of declaring billions of Naira as profits at year ends, pocketing them as management profit sharing and dividends.

This is a pure modern day slavery, and unfortunately there is no strong bank unionism to challenge them, because the union leaders have been rendered weak and compromised a long time ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Xcelinteriors(f): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Carot:
how long is contract work in a bank before they dismiss you
I wasn't dismissed. I resigned because I gave birth and needed to take good care of my baby. I hate the idea of taking babies to day care

4 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Maj196(m): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Banks go suck life outta you lipsrsealed
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by babadee1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:

What is your ultimate plan for the future? That's the first question you need to answer. Then you can try to figure out how this job offer fits into the ultimate plan going forward.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by smasher1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
sunnx:
You go smile tire to customer in other to be tip but remember when you're getting this tip, remember the day of shortage because your T.O will not send you, h/she will just debit you. Teller job favours ladies at most but guys there struggle for survival but alot of experience is there to be learn but ensure you trust non of your colleagues and never leave your system open and cubicle. Also any money vaulted out for you by your T.O verify it well before accepting and signing for it because sometimes, a huge manipulation happen inside vault especially during daily opening balance and night closing balance. Bank job sweet when you don't have issue. Less I forget, verify all check very well before paying out. Note CBN CAC do short, like I said verify cash given to you before signing for acceptance. #50k is poor but soon it will be increased. Banking job is sweet but ashawo full inside.

You said a lot. But if a man has better customer service, he would be tipped more than the ladies. This I have seen overtime to be true.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by smasher1(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
AmericanDad:
I started as a contact staff marketer of 40k per month in sterling bank as at 2012....but now I earn more than 1m per month....so take it and challenge ur self

Thanks. One can never tell how life would turn out. I've done over a decade in the same financial institution and can say, the wait is better than being out there struggling.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by treatise: 3:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:

Nothing is too small nor too big for a starter but the challenge is, there's no time for side hustle or possible hunt for other jobs. If you have an understanding supervisor, he/she may create chances for you to explore other job opportunities. Good luck.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by GboyegaD(m): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
One thing I learned from this is that Nigerian employers are as wicked as the government. With the rate of inflation, pay reduction is the worst that should happen. As of 15years ago when I joined banking, most banks were paying contract staffs at least N60k, why are they paying lesser now?

OP, make inquiry about conversion. If they still convert, then go for it with the aim of converting to a full staff. Put in your best and I wish you great success.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Peteridiata1001: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Accept the job
Ppl accept lesser contract job here for lower pay
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by ransomed: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
No, when hunger reset your pride you will learn to appreciate a humble beginning.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Adedeji3764(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omo ale!!!

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by 2loadedguy: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
AmericanDad:
I started as a contact staff marketer of 40k per month in sterling bank as at 2012....but now I earn more than 1m per month....so take it and challenge ur self
Same story here. I started as a contract staff earning the exact 50k monthly in 2019, today I receive almost 1.5m monthly.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by ussv: 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Is so sad the greediness of banks is also reflective of how they treat lower level staff. 50k ? That`s too small. That`s why they outsource that area. Upon all the billions they (are forced to) deciare as profits yearly. Nigerian banks are something else. Well , starting as a contract staff in any organization is a familiar story, with your dedication and performance, you could get hired directly and move up the chain. Bank job could offer you some sort of job security and valuable experience that would be very helpful as you elevate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Slave Masters At Work Place / The Worst Employer You Ever Worked With And Why Did You Quit? / Vacancies @ Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) - November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.