Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help (18876 Views)

Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group? / Stanbic IBTC Bank Private Banker Recruitment 2017 / Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Chizua(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Don't accept the job, remember whom you're. The job will take away your useful life and dump you when you need them most (when getting old). I have scores of friends who are hooked on same job 18years down the line, when their mate in core banking had rising ro the rank of Senior Manager, AGMs and DGMs. Some in business are already successful business owners. Remember there is no carrier progression, your salary is been increased by 10k or 5k as regards inflation bites. You have no time for yourself or to engage in personal development as a Teller, a whole day affair. For confirmation, take a tour around the banking hall, check those guys and ladies that are old and haggard, sometimes on uniform, that might be your faith. Finally, focus on something doing now, no matter how small the income, be serious on it and take your stock the next two years and you'll be glad you did. Remember !!!! YOU'RE A GRADUATE
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by monterodadon(m): 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
Omo I no fit work for person again ooo

God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Aaaoo: 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
No
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Kylekent59: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
You have to accept it since you don't have other options.

You just have to be careful with your job.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by charles009(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
I once got in access bank and met some smart ladies. I asked for their CVs , surprisingly 2 had first-class and 2:1. Working as contract. Why would u choose to mess up the better part of your life.

In the end I recommended another copy for them and they are doing better today.

Not all got the job though.

Bros no end your life with bank teller job. It has no career path.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by alizma: 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
immortalityk:

U talk like u have experience of doing this kind of stuff
Obviously she has worked in the bank before or still working in a bank. Most used the right terms used within the banking sector

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Shokoloko(f): 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
sunnx:
You go smile tire to customer in other to be tip but remember when you're getting this tip, remember the day of shortage because your T.O will not send you, h/she will just debit you. Teller job favours ladies at most but guys there struggle for survival but alot of experience is there to be learn but ensure you trust non of your colleagues and never leave your system open and cubicle. Also any money vaulted out for you by your T.O verify it well before accepting and signing for it because sometimes, a huge manipulation happen inside vault especially during daily opening balance and night closing balance. Bank job sweet when you don't have issue. Less I forget, verify all check very well before paying out. Note CBN CAC do short, like I said verify cash given to you before signing for acceptance. #50k is poor but soon it will be increased. Banking job is sweet but ashawo full inside.
I agree with the bolded.
When I was a young, naive teller in the bank, my head cashier dealt with me. I was paying money and because he was elderly I never suspected anything. He was always the last to leave, until one day I decided I would wait to see him conclude his activities for the day and caught him.

Another good tip for the OP is do not keep money on the table inside your cubicle as your colleague can stretch out a hand and collect some. Keep money on the ground inside the cubicle and keep cubicle doors shut always.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by KLand(m): 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
koldej96:
Hii guys,it's been a while I've been searching for Job, I recently got an offer for a teller position as a contract staff @stanbic, pay is 50k, transportation monthly is 8-10k, please I need your sincere advice, is this good enough? what other benefit can I get working in this capacity if I should accept this offer in terms of monetary value and career? What will be your advise?
I have a Higher National Diploma and not a degree?

Don't accept it. You deserve better than that.

If you accept it, you will never have job satisfaction and it will tie you so much you won't have time to look for another job.

Be bold, reject it and keep searching for something you deserve. You will get it.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by dennisbee(m): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2022
sunnx:
You go smile tire to customer in other to be tip but remember when you're getting this tip, remember the day of shortage because your T.O will not send you, h/she will just debit you. Teller job favours ladies at most but guys there struggle for survival but alot of experience is there to be learn but ensure you trust non of your colleagues and never leave your system open and cubicle. Also any money vaulted out for you by your T.O verify it well before accepting and signing for it because sometimes, a huge manipulation happen inside vault especially during daily opening balance and night closing balance. Bank job sweet when you don't have issue. Less I forget, verify all check very well before paying out. Note CBN CAC do short, like I said verify cash given to you before signing for acceptance. #50k is poor but soon it will be increased. Banking job is sweet but ashawo full inside.

CBN CAC does not have shortage. That's a false report pls.

If there's any shortage then the pilfering would have been done in transit from the cbn to the particular dmb centre.

Even as obsolete as cad, it doesnt have shortage. Pls report accurately.

@op congratulations on your offer.if you have interest in banking please go for the job.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by ikezudon(m): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Mehn OP. Congratulations on the job. Nobody here can decide for you as regards accepting or rejecting the job offer. Let me just lay down the facts that will help you decide.

1. A contract staff in any of these banks has no option of getting a promotion. This means you’d be at the same position for the foreseeable future.

2. Contract staffs are usually not retained after the expiration of their contracts. This policy is not true across all banks but most of them apply it. It will take a lot for your superior to request for a contract extension for you. Teller jobs are easy so there’s a barrack mentality “soldier go , soldier come” in filling up open positions.

3. Teller staff work Monday to Friday for a start, and then gradually, dem go begin say come Saturday for this or that.. there’s no time for you to look for other jobs or try your hands at other things.

4. As regards balancing the books, some HOD have the policy that, no teller staff leaves the building until everyone has balanced the books. That means there could be days you won’t close at the stipulated time, just because someone’s account didn’t balance. You all will remain there until a solution is determined.

The above mentioned is peculiar to teller staff and customer service personnel. As long as you were recruited by an external agency, there’s every tendency the above mentioned is the path you would take. I might be wrong but read the contract offer b4 you sign.

If you are being drafted to other departments besides teller and customeR service, you may or may not experience the same.

These are some of the experiences you would witness if you take this job.

Good luck as you decide!

4 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Hassanmaye(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
RomanGreen:

With banking job, it's hard to focus on getting another job. Anyway, Op shouldn't be carried away, let him stay focused... Earning 50k in this present Nigeria is crazy for a graduate...Kai, OP God is your strength
Hahahahhahah are you kidding me we have graduate earning 20k In secondary school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Carot: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Xcelinteriors:

I wasn't dismissed. I resigned because I gave birth and needed to take good care of my baby. I hate the idea of taking babies to day care
there is this casual job am doing at a skincare company. They say by February they will relieve all the casuals and call them back later. In this company, before you are made staff, it will take a long time
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
2loadedguy:

Same story here. I started as a contract staff earning the exact 50k monthly in 2019, today I receive almost 1.5m monthly.

Congrats
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by omoharry(f): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
asgard01:
I am earning 75k now as bank teller and its not funny the way things are going. No career path, time consuming (been 2yrs now), no increase, nothing.

75k in this present Nigeria situation is not it at all. Banks should not be paying anything less than a 100k. This is what I call slavery .

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Okortor: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
Mr Linus, jnr Lai Mohammed, na jazz? Some of u just spill trash like no one is experienced here on nairaland. Let's assume u entered as an ET, 2012 down to this day 2022 is about 10yrs n as such u should be a BANKING OFFICER by rank now or lemme even dash u additional rank which is SENIOR BANKING OFFICER Which you can't earn above 550-600k depending on the banks pay so why spilling trash here, banking progression that's slow like that of military except u acquire good certifications alongside. Young Man, lie with wisdom next time.
AmericanDad:
I started as a contact staff marketer of 40k per month in sterling bank as at 2012....but now I earn more than 1m per month....so take it and challenge ur self

5 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by reealec(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
Just see yourself as someone who's going in there for experience and not a full time job while you do all that still be looking out for other opportunities, besides you can top this on your CV as an addition. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
Okortor:
Mr Linus, jnr Lai Mohammed, na jazz? Some of u just spill trash like no one is experienced here on nairaland. Let's assume u entered as an ET, 2012 down to this day 2022 is about 10yrs n as such u should be a BANKING OFFICER by rank now or lemme even dash u additional rank which is SENIOR BANKING OFFICER Which you can't earn above 550-600k depending on the banks pay so why spilling trash here, banking progression that's slow like that of military except u acquire good certifications alongside. Young Man, lie with wisdom next time.

Don't be Stupid. I left banking 2years ago...I work with a Federal Government Petroleum regulatory agency....so u see the gap in salary. I left as a Banking Officer earning 400k now I earn almost 2m per month. cool

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by biggy00000(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
AntiWailer:
Pick it up

There is Staff Bus for you to follow. So your excuse of 10K transport is not always there.

You will meet people and also be exposed to opportunities so u know the directions your career can follow.

Staff bus is based on location comrade.

+ It's only 50k for a year, next year something must climb am based on appraisal.

Oluwa a wa pelu e
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Okortor: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
U r d stupid one here so Who cares? What drew my attention was ur lie. Now u saying u already left banking 2yrs ago, why didn't u state that earlier on ur comment? Indeed a faceless forum full of fake peeps.

I barely mention anyone here but that ur lie attracted me.

I know who earns in millions, the way n manner in which they relate would tell, not some low budget fake boy like you. So tell that crap to those hook up girls u patronize not me.

Great weekend.
AmericanDad:

Don't be Stupid. I left banking 2years ago...I work with a Federal Government Petroleum regulatory agency....so u see the gap in salary. I left as a Banking Officer earning 400k now I earn almost 2m per month. cool

7 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Okortor:
U r d stupid one here so Who cares? What drew my attention was ur lie. Now u saying u already left banking 2yrs ago, why didn't u state earlier in ur comment? Indeed a faceless forum full of fake peeps.

Great weekend.

Ur a slowpoke. I said I was a DSE In 2012 earning 40k. I got into mainstream banking in 2013 as an ET and my salary was 240..left banking 2020. don't be silly
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by olawillow: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
Pls take the job with one year target in mind....add it to your profile and work experience...meet people...learn one or two things...then dont stop applying...get confirmation of employment...after it, pls move on
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Icon2007: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
IF you are not doing anything at the moment grab the offer with your two hands but don't quit studying, even if you have HND now go for your BSC it is very important. a time will come your 50k or 100k teller salary will not be enough. you will need to seek opportunity to become a full staff having a degree bsc will make it easier for you and your employer. my 2 kobo
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by civilserva: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
No, don't accept.
Next question!!
Should I impregnate my wife with condom?
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Okortor: 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
U r still ignorant and complicating ur stupidity.
AmericanDad:

Ur a slowpoke. I said I was a DSE In 2012 earning 40k. I got into mainstream banking in 2013 as an ET and my salary was 240..left banking 2020. don't be silly

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Okortor:
U r still ignorant and complicating ur stupidity.

Frustrated goat..poverty will kill you grin
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Joyceogechi(f): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
Let's chat on Whatsapp 07014813820

uote author=koldej96 post=110338298]Hii guys,it's been a while I've been searching for Job, I recently got an offer for a teller position as a contract staff @stanbic, pay is 50k, transportation monthly is 8-10k, please I need your sincere advice, is this good enough? what other benefit can I get working in this capacity if I should accept this offer in terms of monetary value and career? What will be your advise?
I have a Higher National Diploma and not a degree? [/quote]
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
visijo:
"A Man Is Never Judged by His First Round"
Somali Proverb�

1 Like

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Okortor: 7:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lol, come track me den u know who's frustrated with poverty. Poor little kid. Grow up son.
AmericanDad:

Frustrated goat..poverty will kill you grin
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by uyams(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
OP, I will advice you to grab the job although the pay is low compared with what other banks pays there contract staff tellers.

If u are good,friendly and able to wow your customers, you u will build up customers that will always drop tips after there transactions and this will go along way and u might end up not touching ur salary.

Tellering will enable you to meet prominent people which you won't even be able to talk to on a normal day on the road and most times the are willing to exchange contacts with you so the can be using you e.g calling to help you inquire something from you cos the believe you know ,giving them express service when the come to bank, etc, but don't let it get into your head cos once you vacate that position, the drop u like hot shit and move to the newest teller,but if u play ur card well you use them to ur advantage

Just accept it, save like no tomorrow and move on to a better opportunity, Just know by entering as a poly graduate, the are beating you 1-0, the dichotomy in that industry is real

Other things u will learn on the job, Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by merits(m): 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
sunnx:

o boy this advice no be here oo,you make me remember when i was a sales boy in one firm like that once you don sign any stock given to you without proper verification,you are on your own oooo.
Re: Stanbic Ibtc Contract Staff Pls Help by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
Okortor:
U r d stupid one here so Who cares? What drew my attention was ur lie. Now u saying u already left banking 2yrs ago, why didn't u state that earlier on ur comment? Indeed a faceless forum full of fake peeps.

I know who earns in millions, the way n manner in which they relate would tell, not some low budget fake boy like you. So tell that crap to those hook up girls u patronize not me.

Great weekend.

Check my profile son and read my history...Put some respect on my name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Invitation From Workforce. / Nigeria Ports Authority Recruitment Commences / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.