Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted (317 Views)

When Satan Comes As An Angel Of Light / If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / 5 Animals Africans See As Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by OgheneroEzaza: 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
THAT'S THE WAY THE DEVIL COMES

"That's the way the devil come
He don't come to you as evil
He don't come to you on fire
He come to you as everything you ever wanted
He come to you as you"

I got the above lines from the movie: 'Above Suspicion.' The movie is based on a true life story. The said lines reminded me of the temptation of Jesus Christ in the wilderness. The devil did not come as a damsel dressed half naked so Jesus might lust after her. No. The devil did not come as money or food belonging to someone else so Jesus might pick it and run. No. Rather the devil came disguised as the word of God. Mark you the devil did not come in the middle of Jesus fasting and tempted him to eat and not faint. No. He rather waited patiently for the 40 days fast to successfully complete and that was when he came, the sly being. You are so hungry, after all the fasting is over, there is no food here in the wilderness 'but if you know you are the son of God, why not turn these stones to become bread and eat.' Of course the devil knew Jesus had the power to do it. The devil did not ask Jesus to hurt anybody. He never asked Christ to take anyone's property. All through my childhood days in Sunday School I have always asked, how the first and last temptations (Luke 4) were going to be sin if Jesus had done them. Those stones were nobody's property for crying out loud. They were stones lying in the wilderness. Moreover Jesus' fasting has ended already. But now the Lord made me to understand that it is your level of understanding of Jesus Christ that determines the temptation the devil brings to you. He comes to you as you. A Christian who believes if he eats meat on Good Friday it is a sin will receive temptation to eat meat on Friday. A Christian who does not believe that, will receive a different temptation other than eating meat on a Good Friday because what the devil wants is your fall from the faith by making you do what you know is wrong. But he presents it as good. Look at the third temptation of Jesus, (Luke's account) the devil even quoted the bible but he quoted it out of context. 'The bible say I will send my angels to guard you and you will not strike your foot against a stone ' The devil knew Jesus could easily recognize sin hence he tempted him with what did not look like sin. The devil quoted the bible as if he was actually encouraging Jesus to obey scriptures. If Jesus had done it that would be only when the same devil would have made him realize the sin he just committed. However Jesus knew the word of God and also knew the devil quoted out of context.
At the risk of repetition, here is the quote from the movie again:
'That's the way the devil come
He don't come to you as evil
He don't come to you on fire
He come to you as everything you ever wanted
He come to you as you'

Well the movie I am referring to is not particularly a Christian movie but it is a true life story and it is touching.
Now listen, if you don't study the word of God and pray always and have the Spirit of God the devil will tempt you into sin disguised as righteousness. Sometimes the devil will come to you as God's answer to your prayer. Sometimes you have been praying for something for Ten years. The devil will come disguised as the very answer to your Ten years prayer. You might as well be sharing testimony that God has answered your prayer not knowing the devil is simply putting chains all over you.
Brother/sister pray, study God's word, be filled with the Spirit of God. The devil does not relent. 1 Peter 5:8 says 'Be at alert, your enemy the devil, roams around like is a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.' He is a thief, he cometh to steal, to kill and to destroy (John 10:10). But Jesus the bringer of life is sufficient for you and me. (John 10:10).

Oghenero Ezaza
(Son of Oguname)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by Goldbw122(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2022
Great message

1 Like

Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by illmatic101(m): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by Flexherbal(m): 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
This is deep! Nice message.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by Nekky5(f): 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
This is absolutely true!

1 Like

Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by orisa37: 5:49am On Feb 19, 2022
COOOOORECT. BUT WORK RIGHTEOUSLLY FOR ALL YOU WANT.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by OgheneroEzaza: 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2022
Goldbw122:
Great message
Thank you
Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by OgheneroEzaza: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
Flexherbal:
This is deep! Nice message.
Thank you
Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by OgheneroEzaza: 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nekky5:
This is absolutely true!
Thank you
Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by OgheneroEzaza: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
orisa37:
COOOOORECT. BUT WORK RIGHTEOUSLLY FOR ALL YOU WANT.
Thank you
Re: The Devil Deos Not Come As Evil, He Comes As Everything You Ever Wanted by orisa37: 4:24am On Mar 01, 2022
OgheneroEzaza:

Thank you

And you too, thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / An Enemy Has Done This / Nigerian Igbo Man Named Chigozirim, Converts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.