Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Advice Please!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Please!! (217 Views)

I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House / Town Planning Put This On My Yet To Complete Building-i Need Advice Please / Relocating To Lagos Next Month, I Need Advice Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Please!! by Austineperez(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2022
Please I need advice on this situation. We paid for a shared apartment ( I and my twin sis). the landlady is my sister's friend, we paid for the house rent last month January. Now she had an issue with my sis and she just refunded our house rent to my sis because they are friends and she has the account number. And the landlady involved her sis and they said they are giving us one month to leave their house. We have paid for another apartment two weeks ago, it’s a new house which is not completed yet. The landlord said it will be completed by the end of this month. Now the main problem is the landlady is threatening to throw things out of the house on Monday. please what can we do about this. I need advice please
Re: Advice Please!! by rickpat(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
ignore her....it's only the court that can evict someone from.an apartment after all due process has been met...these landlords just thrive on the ignorance of most of us...if she touched a pin in your apartment get a lawyer...I repeat...it's only the court that has the right to give order of eviction

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please!! by Jamahyel(m): 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
rickpat:
ignore her....it's only the court that can evict someone from.an apartment after all due process has been met...these landlords just thrive on the ignorance of most of us...if she touched a pin in your apartment get a lawyer...I repeat...it's only the court that has the right to give order if eviction
true
Re: Advice Please!! by Austineperez(m): 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
rickpat:
ignore her....it's only the court that can evict someone from.an apartment after all due process has been met...these landlords just thrive on the ignorance of most of us...if she touched a pin in your apartment get a lawyer...I repeat...it's only the court that has the right to give order of eviction

Thank you. This is what I plan on doing. But they are from a rich family.I just don’t understand. I will try and ignore them and see what happens on Monday
Re: Advice Please!! by rickpat(m): 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
Austineperez:

Thank you. This is what I plan on doing. But they are from a rich family.I just don’t understand. I will try and ignore them and see what happens on Monday
.. okay..just be smart...and don't be at home...let them break your door...so they will even be charged for breaking and entry...but I'm sure they won't try that...this is just intimidation... hopefully your new apartment gets completed on time,so you leave peacefully
Re: Advice Please!! by Austineperez(m): 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Thank you I will do my possible best to avoid trouble and see what happens on Monday.

(1) (Reply)

House Hold Properties For Sale AC, TV, Refregrator, Wardrobe, Mattress, Dstv / Ceramic/Porcelain Tiles Reglazing Or Refinishing / RENT: Self-contained Apartment At Bodija (aare), Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.