Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban (23879 Views)

Doping violations: Grace Nwokocha Admits Drug Use, Gets 3-Year Ban / Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Nigeria Stripped Off Women's Relay Commonwealth Gold Over Doping Violations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by ppogba: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2022
Praxis758:
10 years ban........ That's harsh and injurious to her career.

It's a pity the AFN will abadone her to her fate.

I pray she finds mercy

What career at the age of 30 something.

With or without the ban, Blessing is past her best.

She should go back to school and get enough certification to go into coaching.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by panpan(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2022
An accused person has the right to remain silent.
An accused person has the right to engage the services of a lawyer.

Blessing Okagbare has the right to appeal.
The double ban is like sentencing an accused person for an offence, then adding another sentence for refusing to cooperate with the police.

1 Like

Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Ekugbeh(m): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2022
politicoNG:
Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6992880/blessing-okagbare-banned-10-years

Blessing Okagbare MFR
go and slug it out with them joor. Give them a fight even if you gonna lose
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Praxis758: 10:22am On Feb 19, 2022
ppogba:

What career at the age of 30 something.

With or without the ban, Blessing is past her best.

She should go back to school and get enough certification to go into coaching.

The ban will still affect her even if she bagged the certification for coaching. She won't be certified to coach while the ban is still substiting

It'll also stain her career profile as a former track queen with a 10 years ban.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by magicminister: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2022
chatinent:
Their decision really has nothing to do with racism. Doping na cheating na.

All I have to say

Maria sharapova that did exactly same thing fuckingggg got 1years and 3 months ban! But okay!!!

I can’t wait for the day Nigerians will be free from the shackles of mental servitude! It’s crazy!!!
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Awoo88: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2022
She no won agree say she don old. Come dey use PED. Any rest.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by KingDamzzy(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2022
You take unbanned drugs to or you no take am?

Don't confuse us with "my lawyers...." format.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2022
She have being smoking cheap weed, i coulda supplied her with highgrade weed from Lilongwe cheesy
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Upright750: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2022
Whobedatte:
Reminds me of Lance Armstrong , Marion Jones .
Jamaican athletes like Bolt , Blake and Powell must be really extraordinary as no doping scandal could be attributed to any of them .

you lied about ur Marion Jones clame. or you re not sure of ur clames. Marion jones did failed so called test and was later stripped off all her madals . I dont about others but am sure of Marion Jones.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2022
I routed for her then o so sad hope it’s not true o
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by shevchenko(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2022
They are always stringent on black people look at the Russian girl that used 3 drugs she still completed.

When they put Africans on thr corridot of power they still Bleep up

Look at Ngozi iweala .Doing nothing
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 11:13am On Feb 19, 2022
all of them contaminate themselves. how dem they get close to toxic substances ?? grin grin grin grin

fergie001:

Asafa Powell was banned for a contaminated substance, same year as Gay.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2022
when she no cooperating nko !
dpn't worry i go buy pepper from on lagos road grin grin grin

McProspero:
They want to end her career?
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Whobedatte(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2022
Upright750:

you lied about ur Marion Jones clame. or you re not sure of ur clames. Marion jones did failed so called test and was later stripped off all her madals . I dont about others but am sure of Marion Jones.
Same thing I said
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2022
even siasia get lifetime ban !
and lance armstrong case dey worse pass siasia. i agree they are being harsh on africans !
they think africans must obey and stop contaminating their sports with their dirty legs, dirty gutters, dirty everything grin grin grin grin

magicminister:

Maria sharapova that did exactly same thing fuckingggg got 1years and 3 months ban! But okay!!!

I can’t wait for the day Nigerians will be free from the shackles of mental servitude! It’s crazy!!!
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Orpe7(m): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2022
Just take ur 10yrs jeje
Hope u saved enough for retirement sha
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by BSsniffer: 11:25am On Feb 19, 2022
Nyamiri trying to cheat the system
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by mastermaestro(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
Whobedatte:
Jamaican athletes like Bolt , Blake and Powell must be really extraordinary as no doping scandal could be attributed to any of them .

Marion Jones was like a flying jet powered by... grin
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by luminouz(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
shevchenko:
They are always stringent on black people look at the Russian girl that used 3 drugs she still completed.

You know nothing, Jon Snow
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by shevchenko(m): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
luminouz:

You know nothing, Jon Snow

Lmao
Go and see what WHO chief is doing towards africans and see what WTO chief is doing .

Thank me later
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
you are right. ngozi iweala just dey collect paycheck. kai !
nothing to show for.

shevchenko:

Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
WHO chief dey do well cheesy

shevchenko:

Lmao
Go and see what WHO chief is doing towards africans and see what WTO chief is doing .

Thank me later
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
dey never catch dem. maybe dem mix their own with ginger weed or so

Whobedatte:
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by TheOgaBoss: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2022
Kellie069:
You do drugs or not Simple question
In fairness to athletes who fall into this trap, doping may not necessarily involve deliberate intake of drugs, they may have inadvertently consumed a somethibg which contains one of the banned substances, that is why professional athletes must always watch what they eat or drink. What a way for her to end her career.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Oyiboman69: 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
begge:
Blessing did you pick bubu call?
her travail started when she criticized this government in their manner in which they handles the affairs of the Nigerian Olympic teams... you're always affected negatively if you support or criticize this administration...

1 Like

Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by do4luv14(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
Flamzey00:
Other athletes that have received a ban for anti-doping violations didn't involve lawyers for theirs. E reach auntie Blessing Okagbare own she carry lawyer..

If she involved lawyers, then know that something is wrong somewhere, this her Saga does not started overnight, it started during the Olympics, and had to do with our Afn officials,

or how do you explain the banning of 8 Athletes prior to their racing for both the semi final, and finals
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Positiveme2020: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Albertone:

Fine girl with biceps,six packs,quadriceps and yam leg.
Nairaland forum no go kill me ohhh.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by fergie001: 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
frog12:
all of them contaminate themselves. how dem they get close to toxic substances ?? grin grin grin grin
The desire to win at all costs.....the game is high-pressure and demands success at all times.

I doubt if there is a Sprinter today who don't spike his/her system.
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Weirdgee: 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
Her career done end be that
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by safariman(m): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
I just read on a blog where Blessing Okagbare was arrested by the FBI using a new law 2020 about doping or performance enhancing drugs to influence an international major competition. If true, i'm so sadden with turn of events, she must have horrible advisors but she has been around the international track scene a long time. Why single out her though?
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by frog12: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
As Okagbare returned to the United States, according to the complaint, her phone was searched by American border officials and an FBI agent. The complaint cited phone communications in which she allegedly arranged for Lira to supply her and a male athlete, referred to only as “Athlete-2,” with drugs she referred to as “honey,” for human growth hormone, and “epo,” for “blood-building” drug erythropoietin.

safariman:
I just read on a blog where Blessing Okagbare was arrested by the FBI using a new law 2020 about doping or performance enhancing drugs to influence an international major competition. If true, i'm so sadden with turn of events, she must have horrible advisors but she has been around the international track scene a long time. Why single out her though?
Re: Doping Violations: Blessing Okagbare Reacts To 10-Year Ban by Flamzey00(m): 3:48am On Feb 20, 2022
spartan117:

Ignorance

Don't be unfortunate. Drop your opinion and f*ck off from my comment section you this useless bastard from a bastard and unfortunate father...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Portugal Vs Spain 3-3 World Cup Highlights (Video) / Spain Vs Germany: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (1 - 1) On 27th Nov 2022 / Pele Lauds Mbappe For Equaling His 60-year-old Record At World Cup 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.