Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? (755 Views)

Books Of Revelation / Top 20 Books Of 2019 So Far / The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
I absolutely love these books,

1. Cry to heaven- Anne Rice

2. Lonesome dove- Larry McMurtry

3. Half of a yellow sun- Chimamanda Adichie

Amongst many others...

I've read these books a million times! And I still love them...

Nairalanders, recommend your all time favourites...

Include the names of the author...
[If you don't know their names, someone might help you out!]

Thanks!

Divepen1
Lalasticlala Dominique
Seun Mynd44
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by criuze(m): 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
King James bible

Withering Heights- Emily bronty/ Ellis Bell
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by MufasaLion: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
My autobiography.

grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
MufasaLion:
My autobiography.

grin grin grin
grin

I would definitely read that...

I hope I'm mentioned... I didn't stalk all this time I got nothing... grin
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by MufasaLion: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
Datboredberri:
grin

I would definitely read that...

I hope I'm mentioned... I didn't stalk all this time I got nothing... grin

Oh, nice.

Right, you've been stalking me for long, so you'd be mentioned in "S*x Life" Chapter.
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
MufasaLion:

Oh, nice.

Right, you've been stalking me for long, so you'd be mentioned in "S*x Life" Chapter.
I would be honoured!
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri
You asked what worries could I have? Lol, as if everyone doesn't

All I know is, I think it's brave

I think it's brave that you get up in the morning even if your soul is weary and your bones ache for a rest

I think it's brave that you keep on living even if you don't know how to anymore

I think it's brave that you push away the waves rolling in every day and you decide to fight

I know there are days when you feel like giving up but I think it's brave that you never do

I'm a really brave person, atleast I know I have every right to tell someone that
You're also really brave as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Senomii:
Datboredberri
You asked what worries could I have? Lol, as if everyone doesn't

All I know is, I think it's brave

I think it's brave that you get up in the morning even if your soul is weary and your bones ache for a rest

I think it's brave that you keep on living even if you don't know how to anymore

I think it's brave that you push away the waves rolling in every day and you decide to fight

I know there are days when you feel like giving up but I think it's brave that you never do

I'm a really brave person, atleast I know I have every right to tell someone that
You're also really brave as well
smiley

It's hard to open up to you... I don't know why... Maybe it's cause I hate the thought of you pitying me...

I'm really sorry... I shouldn't have asked that question...

And you told me about your mum... I can relate...

You're hurting too... You don't show, doesn't mean the pain isn't there...

You're brave... I'm not...
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:
smiley

I always talk alot about time machines, cos I imagine how far I'd go and all I'd do if I could eventually get my hands on it
It's just a "few"tiny mistakes I'd have to fix in my past just to perfect my present

And I still can't just imagine how those tiny mistakes disheveled my present life
I've lost big things, that weren't my fault cos I wasn't even born yet, atimes I wish I was there to lead my parents when they were growing up and tell them exactly how things turned out, then maybe they'd walk on eggshells instead of carelessly making silly mistakes

I want alot of things fixed, they made me lose so much but I'm also angry that even if things get fixed I've lost a lot of time and experiences I craved back then, it won't make sense to fix anything now, cos for me it's too late, (and it's somehow impossible to fix it) change should've come when I needed it badly, now I no longer need it, but I still somehow need. It's just like a case of half a loaf is better than none.................I feel very angry and sad at the same time whenever I think of it, cos even if I had a chance to have it, I wouldn't want it as much as I wanted it back then, now it's useless, I feel so angered that I lost out on a really normal childhood, now I'm old and it's too late, I get jealous atimes whenever I see little kids play, cos I imagine if I could just be like them allover again but with the knowledge and experiences I have now, then maybe I could change my whole life and fix it exactly how it should've been

I think about this alot, but then I get tired, why think and give yourself a headache on something you know it's quite impossible to get, so I just brush it off and live my life atimes feeling really deprived and cheated

And you're really brave even if you deny it, you just have a degree in talking nonsense
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Senomii:

I always talk alot about time machines, cos I imagine how far I'd go and all I'd do if I could eventually get my hands on it
It's just a "few"tiny mistakes I'd have to fix in my past just to perfect my present

And I still can't just imagine how those tiny mistakes disheveled my present life
I've lost big things, that weren't my fault cos I wasn't even born yet, atimes I wish I was there to lead my parents when they were growing up and tell them exactly how things turned out, then maybe they'd walk on eggshells instead of carelessly making silly mistakes

I want alot of things fixed, they made me lose so much but I'm also angry that even if things get fixed I've lost a lot of time and experiences I craved back then, it won't make sense to fix anything now, cos for me it's too late, (and it's somehow impossible to fix it) change should've come when I needed it badly, now I no longer need it, but I still somehow need. It's just like a case of half a loaf is better than none.................I feel very angry and sad at the same time whenever I think of it, cos even if I had a chance to have it, I wouldn't want it as much as I wanted it back then, now it's useless, I feel so angered that I lost out on a really normal childhood, now I'm old and it's too late, I get jealous atimes whenever I see little kids play, cos I imagine if I could just be like them allover again but with the knowledge and experiences I have now, then maybe I could change my whole life and fix it exactly how it should've been

I think about this alot, but then I get tired, why think and give yourself a headache on something you know it's quite impossible to get, so I just brush it off and live my life atimes feeling really deprived and cheated

And you're really brave even if you deny it, you just have a degree in talking nonsense

Yes... Tender child, let it all out... Tell mummy all that's bothering you...

If I had a time machine, I wouldn't even be here... Lol.

Our parents messed up... Honestly... Mine did...

You missed out on your childhood... Damn! I can totally relate... Except, I'm still suffering for their mistakes!

I'm really sorry Senomii... Nothing can take away the pain... And I can't give you back what you lost... You were lonely, you were sad and your entire world was upside down...

But you're young... And very handsome... And very smart...

Life's sh**... We are ones who make it worth living... You can be happy... Very happy...

You understand what 90 percent of kids your age don't...

Life doesn't make sense... It's not fair... And you make the rules...

You're not a shallow rich kid... I like it a lot... You're sensitive...

*Hugs and Kisses
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Datboredberri:

Yes... Tender child, let it all out... Tell mummy all that's bothering you...

I hate it when you say this, like I wish I could just grab ur neck and break it

Yh, you're right about everything you've said
I just wanted to show you I'm not scared of talking about certain things, just cos I feel I'd get pitied, it doesn't even matter, cos people's perception about others shouldn't even matter in the first place
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2022
Senomii:

I hate it when you say this, like I wish I could just grab ur neck and break it
I can't show you love... angry cry

You don't want to be my NL baby? undecided

Yh, you're right about everything you've said
I just wanted to show you I'm not scared of talking about certain things, just cos I feel I'd get pitied, it doesn't even matter, cos people's perception about others shouldn't even matter in the first place
You're right...

But I can't... Tell... You... Anything... Cause... I'm... Not... Comfortable... Opening... Up... To... You...
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2022
Datboredberri:
I can't show you love... angry cry

You don't want to be my NL baby? undecided

You're right...

But I can't... Tell... You... Anything... Cause... I'm... Not... Comfortable... Opening... Up... To... You...

When you finally learn that a person's behavior has more to do with their own internal struggle than it ever did with you
You learn grace
Re: What Are Your Favourite Books Of All Time? by Savagr(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
@datboredberri

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Ghostwriter? Earn $500 From Acquiring Contracts Internationally / Thrillers Reader / Can Fashola Be The Nigerian Obama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.